Tutoring...

Just tested it a bit .. and it seems that both Reputation and CA are relevant for who can tutor who.

The CA of the youngster cannot be higher than the tutor, and Reputation of the Tutor has be, not only higher, but higher by a certain amount (seems to be 40 points in the database). Problem is, that there is NO way you can determine if the reputation values are enough for a tutor to train a youngster, as the in-game Reputation value covers too big a range, and it seems to not be consistant. I have seem a Player/Coach with 'Regional' reputation have lower rep. values in the database than a 'Local' reputation player.

It's a horrible system which lacks any basic form of logic.

I can't tutor any of my decent young players who have a chance of becoming something, unless they are super young and undeveloped. It really is a flawed system and is part of the reason why I can't get into the game this year.

This issue, as well as the farcical transfer system which allows you to pick up stars for next to nothing, must be addressed ASAP, otherwise I doubt I'll be playing FM11 at all.

Just tested it a bit .. and it seems that both Reputation and CA are relevant for who can tutor who.

The CA of the youngster cannot be higher than the tutor, and Reputation of the Tutor has be, not only higher, but higher by a certain amount (seems to be 40 points in the database). Problem is, that there is NO way you can determine if the reputation values are enough for a tutor to train a youngster, as the in-game Reputation value covers too big a range, and it seems to not be consistant. I have seem a Player/Coach with 'Regional' reputation have lower rep. values in the database than a 'Local' reputation player.

CA = Current Ability?

Btw in my second year i tried to get Bruma tutored by JT but i couldn't, surprise surprise. Changing the CA and the reutation made no difference so i put them back to what they were at before i tried to get him to be tutored. Then as a last ditch effort, with his high CA AND Rep i put him in the u18s. Suddenly he was available for tutoring.

So it's, CA, Rep and what sqaud they're in. They don't always have to be in a lower dquad. Sissoko wasn't and neither were one or two others i have managed to get tutored in the first team. Well, the ONE other.

Is it a bug that I can't get an option to tutor ANY of my players? Even 16 and 17 year olds in my U18 team... The option for tutoring is greyed out

No ... but they changed the way tutoring works, and it doesn't make much sense. Neil Brock from SI have said that it will be changed in the next patch ... let's hope it is for the better.

So the way it now works is that it doesn't work at all? :confused:

it does work ... it just doesn't work in any sane way :)

You can see in one of my previous posts here, how I think it works. Problem is, you will have little to no idea about CA and Reputation in-game.

I think I discovered something.

I had a 24 yrs player, never used for tutoring, and I found the tutoring option greyed. I pointed the mouse cursor on the option and the tooltip told me that "the player is training himself alone"....interesting.....so I had the intuition of have a look at training page....the player had individual training activated, so I deleted it..... and then the tutoring option was active! :)

Ok, so to summarize here's the current rules for tutoring:

1. Tutor CA should be higher than Tutee CA.

2. Tutor Reputation should be higher than Tutee Reputation by a certain value (around 40 points in the db according to StormenDK; ~ 2000 points difference in FMRTE)

(NOTE: FMRTE Reputation = Editor Reputation * (50) ; Only applies to Current/Home Reputation; for World reputation the factor is <50 but variable)

3. Players under 24 -> "Aren't old enough" to tutor others.

4. Players on Individual training/Preferred Move training cannot Tutor since they're -> "Currently spending time on Personal/Individual training".

5. Players who have already been asked to Tutor before, cannot seem to tutor again for quite a while (possible bug!).

6. Possible cap over the Maximum age a player can be tutored, but hard to find out since the untutorable players just don't appear in the tutoring drop-down list. Maybe someone can test this by creating a number of tutorable players (based on the above criteria) and potential Tutors in the editor and seeing how old can a player be before he's untutorable. (I'm not sure if that's a real word :p)

EDIT:

7. Squad Status - Tutor should have higher squad status than Tutee OR Tutor should be in the First team squad and Tutee in Reserves or Youth squads.

Have I missed something??

2. Tutor Reputation should be higher than Tutee Reputation by a certain value (around 40 points in the db according to StormenDK; ~ 2000 points difference in FMRTE)

(NOTE: FMRTE Reputation = Editor Reputation * (50) ; Only applies to Current/Home Reputation; for World reputation the factor is <50 but variable)

4. Players on Individual training/Preferred Move training cannot Tutor since they're -> "Currently spending time on Personal/Individual training".

5. Players who have already been asked to Tutor before, cannot seem to tutor again for quite a while (possible bug!).

6. Possible cap over the Maximum age a player can be tutored, but hard to find out since the untutorable players just don't appear in the tutoring drop-down list. Maybe someone can test this by creating a number of tutorable players (based on the above criteria) and potential Tutors in the editor and seeing how old can a player be before he's untutorable. (I'm not sure if that's a real word :p)

Having tried everything to get JT to tutor Bruma, CA, rep etc all of the above basically. I found that after returning him to all his previous high CA and rep values by putting him in the u18s i could suddenly tutor him. Nothing else worked. I systematically tried everything else one at a time to keep it as scientific and reliable as possible. And in the end i just had to put him in the u18s again. This isn't clearly the case for everyone as Sissoko was in the first team when i asked someone to tutor him. However maybe as i got him to be tutored on his day of arrival, or the day after, he hadn't been seen in the first team sqaud by the computer or something...

EDIT:

7. Squad Status - Tutor should have higher squad status than Tutee OR Tutor should be in the First team squad and Tutee in Reserves or Youth squads.

My U18 players have no option to be tutored. They're 16 or 17 and have very low rep. My potential tutors are stars for the Man Utd first team, so everything should be in order but I can't tutor them?

Archived