FM 10.3 or FM11...

Hi all,

I know we have only played the demo, BUT would people recommend buying Fm 10 (updating to patch 10.3) or just getting FM11 instead? The last FM that I've played in FM09. Got hooked on it and never actally transfered over to Fm10...

What is the general opinion?

Depends on what you want from it. If you want a stable game with less bugs right now then 10.3 is definitely superior to FM11 in it's current state and I'm fairly certain it will remain so even after the first patch (going by past experiences). FM11 if you really like the new features and are happy with the state of them in the demo. Personally I don't think it's far superior to 10 at all, the main difference between the two being the interaction part which right now is very raw and bugged. The dynamic league reputation is also an uncertainty at this point, it's definitely needed in the game and if done correctly could be great, but it can also turn out to be a long term game breaker if it's not balanced properly.

i would say wait a while and check back on the feedback after the game is properly released.

Basically I agree with this :thup:

this is a very good point to start a thread.

I'm still playing FM2010 (10.3), and also the demo. And of course the demo (and after 5 NOV) the new game as all the new features,but when wathing the matchs in 3D view (or the classic 2D) FM2010 seems much more realistc that FM2011. It's normal IMO, after all the engine match motor of FM2010, after 3 patchs, it's very good and very realist IMO, and the new motor of FM2011... well for me really need some major tweaks.

its tough to say. you need to remember 10.3 was only available after what, 7 months of feedback etc, FM11 is a new game, im very sure that there will be an 11.3 v 10.3 thread when the time comes and then an 11.3 v 12 thread. Tough to compare a patched game to a straight out of the box game that we really havent even seen yet.

I played the full half-season demo of 2011 very thoroughly and it's far superior to 10.3 imo.

Providing the Dynamic League Rep works well, from what I've seen so far it looks the best release yet.

I'd have to agree with that. I suggest the op gets fm2011, installs the rdp and gets stuck into a very enjoyable game.

I'd suggest the op waits until 1 - 2 weeks after the release of FM2011 and checks out everyone's feedback on this forum.

From my experience of the FM2011 demo: the player interaction makes the game almost unplayable... then there's the bug of players being unhappy with the manager for not playing them even though they are actually on loan away from the club, plus there's a few other minor things here and there... so I would definitely suggest holding back until you've seen a big handful of posts from users who have bought the full game.

:)

On the basis of what I seen re FM11 and the announcements re the patches/enhancements/improvements to come (whatever people want to call them) , then FM11 for me.

FM10 I thought was excellent but I am liking a lot of the new things in FM11 and the ME appears to be better then FM10 whilst the 3d graphical representation seems smoother. And I actually like the press interaction so far, in this version.

Mind, I always switch every year to the newer version and have not really been let down by that approachto date.

The qualifier for me, is that I rarely last more than 4/5 seasons before the new iteration is on the horizon. Very slow player!

K

I don't know how people can love 10.3 so much, the total lack of headed goals from open play totally killed it for me.

I'm hoping FM11 will be more realistic in that respect and not have patching that fixes one thing and messes up another.

10.1 - too many goals from balls into the box

10.2 - crossing didn't work

10.3 - heading didn't work

It must be really, really hard to get it right and hats off to SI for getting it so close in FM10, but overall I couldn't get along with the match engine because you couldn't really play with any variety. Narrow formations and playing down the centre was way too effective.

I played the full half-season demo of 2011 very thoroughly and it's far superior to 10.3 imo.

Providing the Dynamic League Rep works well, from what I've seen so far it looks the best release yet.

So you have seen Dynamic League Rep working in half a season demo ? Hohohohohohohohohoho

League reputation changes in half a season. Hahahahahahahahahaha

What's foolish about buying a very good game for 8 quid (£8.36 on Amazon)?

No more updates and the community has moved on the newer game which means you won't be in phase with the rest of them. Staying in your own bubble imaginary world and refuse to progress is foolishness.

Only if you agree FM11 is progress. Which I don't really think it is before it gets patched up. Plus 'my own bubble imaginary world', it's a computer game ffs. FM10 is stable enough not to need any official patches and there will be plenty of community made updates for a while yet, as there always have been for a year old product.

I was on FM Underground the other day and I'm sure on their fansite there is a data update you can install for FM10 that was made this summer. So I'm guessin VDV will be at Tottenham etc. but it is stil FM10.

Kind of a cool idea imo.

Archived