Loosing the love for the game.

I'm with the majority here. I lost interest too, but now I have 2 saves going, one in South America, (top 2 divisions from every country) where I had never managed before and one with the top 2 divisions from England, Spain, Italy, Portugal & Germany. I've never managed in Spain, Portugal or Italy before.

Started unemployed with a Professional rep in both games, got jobs very quickly in both and now alternate between each save every time I load up the game, loving both!!:thup:

I recently lost interest but I've picked up again.

My advice to anyone struggling to get into a game; new ideas.

If you're like me, I take my tactics universally to each team I manage. However, due to a lack of interest, I have adopted a new approach to the game. Focusing my team on a strong midfield and defence in order to probe the opposition until the goals come. I believe, not jinxing, I am on my way to creating a very solid tactic.

I sit top of the premier league with some impressive away wins under my belt.

Give it a try.

Try 5 at the back in Italy with two wing backs. That's my next challenge.

a problem i find through all versions of fm (2005 to the most recent version) is that the youngsters and wonderkids are expected each time.... each save we go after the same batch of hot prospects and in return after a few saves we know how things will unfold... their needs to be more alternative scenarios with the youngsters imo rather than this kid will become world class each time we create a new game...

for example i think the -8,-9,-10 system is flawed how it rerolls their stats every time we start a new game because i find little to none variation between each time...

just a thought... it would definetly raise my interest level

You could always start with random players, that way you would have no idea who to buy :thup:

Or failing that, manage in another country. I never managed in England, because i'd become bored quite quickly of the same Premier League teams. It's mostly Spain, Italy, France and Germany for me.

You could always start with random players, that way you would have no idea who to buy :thup:

Or failing that, manage in another country. I never managed in England, because i'd become bored quite quickly of the same Premier League teams. It's mostly Spain, Italy, France and Germany for me.

basically it just keeps the same set of players at the same clubs... gives them a different name and a new nationality...

if you try ticking random players.. go the barcelona squad its not hard to figure out who is who if you catch my drift....

Try doing a Roy Hodgson!

I recently started a new game with the main leagues loaded but also Denmark, Norway & Croatia with a view of taking a team ranked between 3rd & 5th and seeing what I could do with them. Ended up with OB from Denmark and I'm loving it!

Or try a level 10 club from England??

Go to the FM editor, and create your own team, with your own uniform colors, name, and budget, and place it in a second division.

I created a capital-rich, lower league team called Ventura (funded by venture capitalist investors...) and it was lots of fun.

Go to the FM editor, and create your own team, with your own uniform colors, name, and budget, and place it in a second division.

I created a capital-rich, lower league team called Ventura (funded by venture capitalist investors...) and it was lots of fun.

That's what I did on the last FM, scenario for me was as if I'd just won £10m on the lottery, created a team to rival my home town of Basingstoke and gave the club a budget of £1m. Got me through 5 seasons before FM10 came out, kept me quite interested. Also, create yourself as a decent player for your squad.

In my game i started with a sunday league past. Had leagues open in Brazil, Russia, Spain, England, Scotland, Italy, France, Portugal and Greece and i started out with Leeds United. Within 5 seasons i had them well established in the Premier League and then i had an offer to go manage CSKA Moscow in Russia so i jumped **** :) Now im being linked with the likes of Athletico Madrid in Spain! Im in 2017 too :)

That's what I did on the last FM, scenario for me was as if I'd just won £10m on the lottery, created a team to rival my home town of Basingstoke and gave the club a budget of £1m. Got me through 5 seasons before FM10 came out, kept me quite interested. Also, create yourself as a decent player for your squad.

I didnt even know you could create your own team!! I might have to give that a go on this boring sunday!! Can you set the budget to anything you like or is there limits?

I've started with a range of leagues, automatic reputation and unemployed. I ended up in the 3rd tier in Spain having never played there before and am really enjoying it.

Third tier in Spain is the best save that I've ever had in a FM career. Never got out of it though but really enjoyed it.

Start unemployed and see who takes your interest. I've just started unemployed recently and ended up at Kalamata of Greek 2nd Division.

I didnt even know you could create your own team!! I might have to give that a go on this boring sunday!! Can you set the budget to anything you like or is there limits?

I think there is a limit, but I'm sure you could edit Staines and give them £300m if you wanted. :D

Take a break from the game, I havent played the game for a month, then with all the world cup and build up to the new season it gets me really in the mood to play the game but play it properly.

Definatley start with a lower league as its a much bigger challenge but alot more rewarding maybe blue square, or create your own team!!!

hope this helps, ive defo felt the same before :)

It seems to me like people who start a thread to say that they're bored of the game have one thing that they always do, like always manage in England. I think it's fairly obvious that you should try to manage in another country.

i agree, broaden your horizons

Hi i play Fm alot,but im getting bored, i always manage in England and mainly high level but sometimes low level.

Any ideas to help me love it again?

you need to watch the series that is running now on sky sports called footballs greatest it will inspire you

Archived