becoming a knight.

ive just had an idea. not sure if its been mentioned before, but what about being knighted for your footballing achievements in game? or recieving an OBE, CBE or an MBE?

i know its not crucial to the game but just think after a few successful years managing a club in england you get a top honor. seeing my name with a 'sir' before it would certainly be a proud achievement in the game.

some examples-

sir bobby robson

sir alex ferguson

martin o'neil OBE

arsene wenger OBE

ally mccoist MBE

dario grade MBE

craig brown CBE

ron greenwood CBE

what happens when Scotland win the world cup???

you switch your game off. hahahahahahaha

End of days. The seventh seal is broken, the apocalypse.

New order and laws...old world gone.

Everything upside down!

Cats and dogs best mates and women shall weep and lament in the street corners!!

Edit: Well, not neccessarily the street corners. At times in the middle of the street as well.

It tends to differ depending on...

I better stop smoking crack :p

If I am not mistaken, to become a knight, one must set his nationality before the game as British, right? If he set to any other nationality, I don't think that particular manager qualifies! :(

You can become an honourary knight, and of course the UK is not the only monarchy in the world.

This, I suppose:

tamworth6.jpg

They dominate world football?

Urgh.

Go Australia! Bit dissapointing they lost both their finals... we typically have a decent track record in most sports when it comes to winning the big games. :)

Also, whats the go with italy? do they have some sort of semi final hoodoo? they are pretty constant third placers.

If I am not mistaken, to become a knight, one must set his nationality before the game as British, right? If he set to any other nationality, I don't think that particular manager qualifies! :(

Also in at least New Zealand & Australia this is possible as well :)

Of course this is not in the game currently, but yes you would be correct they have to be of one of those nationalities (I believe some other former British Colonies as well) to become a Sir.

what happens when Scotland win the world cup???

you switch your game off. hahahahahahaha

What happens when England don't win the world cup??

You blame it on ythe lack of home grown talent and then bemoan the fact your club manager wont buy that really good foreign player. :p

It's rare but it does happen. I was knighted in 2090 by King Wayne (great nephew of Prince Harry and Princess Cheryl Cole) after leading the North American Colonies to back-to-back World Cup and Northern Hemisphere Open Doubles. I was also given Order of the British Empire for services to zonal marking academia. Sadly, though, Comandante Haz of the Neo-Pictish empire invaded Britain and overthrew our system of monarchy, turning our green and pleasant land into a backwater hellhole of serfdom, and my Knighthood was nullified. Football was outlawed and happy slapping was made national sport by fiat.

Sorry are we talking about Football Manager or Civilization here?

It's rare but it does happen. I was knighted in 2090 by King Wayne (great nephew of Prince Harry and Princess Cheryl Cole) after leading the North American Colonies to back-to-back World Cup and Northern Hemisphere Open Doubles. I was also given Order of the British Empire for services to zonal marking academia. Sadly, though, Comandante Haz of the Neo-Pictish empire invaded Britain and overthrew our system of monarchy, turning our green and pleasant land into a backwater hellhole of serfdom, and my Knighthood was nullified. Football was outlawed and happy slapping was made national sport by fiat.

Sorry are we talking about Football Manager or Civilization here?

We are talking about Football Manager here, mate! LOL! :D

I have put a £150 bet on England to win the World Cup. I have successfully predicted every winner since 1994.

No offence, i'm sure you know plenty about football, but i was 11 during the 2002 WC and i predicted Brazil would win it. Since '94 its been Brazil, France, Brazil, Italy. It's been 3 top class nations and only four countries have played in any of the finals since 1994, with Germany the only one of those four not to win it.

Personally i can't see England making the final, i have to go with Spain to win it, but i will apologise to you if England do win. :)

Ye scottish we accept we arent the best but use are just a joke. Every advert on the tv about use going to the world cup come back on this after use get knocked out in the last 16 on penalties haha

I honestly know that we are not good enough to win the world cup and so do most of our fans, its the stupid media that make out we a so great and should be winning it.

Archived