Sneaky Striker

sneak1.png

sneak2.png

sneak3.png

sneak4.png

Best way to show this is with some screenshots, my striker is getting some treatment on the sidelines. He walks onto the pitch right on the end of a cross to score a simple header. I would be really annoyed if this happened to me, just got me wondering if anyone has had anything similar happen for or against them. I apologise in advance if this is a common occurrence I had to post it as I found it quite amusing.

A serious question I have is would the ref even allow this to happen in real life?

Thats brilliant :D

Shouldn't be allowed though in the rules of football! The ref would never let it happen.

Bug report it, you know you would of done by now if you had conceeded it ;)

I think when the cross is made the injured player has already walked onto the pitch and is behind the player making the cross. I will take another look later, didn't realise there was a thread about something similar.

I think when the cross is made the injured player has already walked onto the pitch and is behind the player making the cross. I will take another look later, didn't realise there was a thread about something similar.

It seems as if the ball has already been crossed in the second screenie where the player is still not on the pitch.

[removed image]

I may have paused in the wrong place the second pic is the pass played out wide for the fullback who then crosses the ball. This picture is of when the ball is played.

He is behind the passer of the ball at the time of the pass and thus he is not offside.

This did happen in real life lol, Ebanks Blake for Wolves against Coventry if memory serves me correctly.

He was injured and getting treatment on the sidelines, then ran on the pitch to score?

Heskey did it against Chelsea when he was at Wigan. He wasn't off injured he'd just gone off the pitch and came back on after the ball was played towards him, goal was given.

He was injured and getting treatment on the sidelines, then ran on the pitch to score?

Actually not sure if that's what happened, he may have fell over outside the pitch then waited & ran on to score, can't find the video lol.

Two things:

1. If the player entered the field of play, without the referee's permission, the striker would be booked.

2. If the referee has given him permission to re-enter the field of play, he's offside. As he's off the pitch, he's classed as standing on the goal line, thus when the ball is played, the assistant should be sticking his flag up.

Two things:

1. If the player entered the field of play, without the referee's permission, the striker would be booked.

2. If the referee has given him permission to re-enter the field of play, he's offside. As he's off the pitch, he's classed as standing on the goal line, thus when the ball is played, the assistant should be sticking his flag up.

you're right about the first point but its not offside because he was back on the field and behind the player crossing the ball when the ball was played. But no referee in their right mind would gie that a goal unless they didn't realise that player had just come back on.

Hi, just to clarify a few things, I went and saw some of the rules at FIFA.com, so here it goes:

«Player outside the field of play

If, after leaving the fi eld of play to correct unauthorised equipment or kit, to

be treated for an injury or bleeding, because he has blood on his kit or for any

other reason with the referee’s permission, a player re-enters the fi eld of play

without the referee’s permission, the referee must:

• stop play (although not immediately if the player does not interfere with

play or if the advantage can be applied)

• caution the player for entering the fi eld of play without permission

• order the player to leave the field of play if necessary (e.g. infringement of

Law 4)»

More on this:

«If the referee stops play, it must be restarted:

• with an indirect free kick for the opposing team from the position of the

ball when play was stopped (see Law 13 – Position of Free Kick) if there is

no other infringement

• in accordance with Law 12 if the player infringes this Law

If a player accidentally crosses one of the boundary lines of the fi eld of play, he

is not deemed to have committed an infringement. Going off the fi eld of play

may be considered to be part of a playing movement.»

Re-Entering the field:

«It is not an offence in itself for a player who is in an offside position to step

off the fi eld of play to show the referee that he is not involved in active play.

However, if the referee considers that he has left the fi eld of play for tactical

reasons and has gained an unfair advantage by re-entering the fi eld of play, the

player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour. The player needs to ask for

the referee’s permission to re-enter the fi eld of play.»

:thup:or:thdn: :confused:

actually yes you can be offside whilst not within the boundaries of the pitch

Techincally you can only be offside outside the pitch if the ref hasn't allowed you to go off, like in Euro cup 2008 when nistelrooy (I believe it was) scored against Italy because an injured player had gone off without the ref acknowledging it. As a result, Nistelrooy wasn't offisde. And for the record, the injured defender could've come on without the ref's permission as he went out without it, as there was no stoppage of play between the injury and him going off.

Archived