What's your favourite player description?

I started a new topic earlier today about player descriptions after find Andy Carroll was described as a "Rangy Striker" and it got me to thinking....what other unusual player descriptions have people found?

Now I've been playing FM for years and I have obviously seen many different descriptions of players, from Midfield General to Commanding Goalkeeper.

Personally my favourite is Born Leader (on players like John Terry, Carlo Puyol).

So....what's your favourite player description?

I started a new topic earlier today about player descriptions after find Andy Carroll was described as a "Rangy Striker" and it got me to thinking....what other unusual player descriptions have people found?

Now I've been playing FM for years and I have obviously seen many different descriptions of players, from Midfield General to Commanding Goalkeeper.

Personally my favourite is Born Leader (on players like John Terry, Carlo Puyol).

So....what's your favourite player description?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ostmeister:

Best personality: Perfectionist :] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not neccaserily the best icon_wink.gif

Born Leader for me, never had one though. I do like Wily Old Manager though icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ostmeister:

Best personality: Perfectionist :] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not neccaserily the best icon_wink.gif

Born Leader for me, never had one though. I do like Wily Old Manager though icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just thought of another one that I like...Clinical Striker!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by disasterd:

feminine winger

that one always confused me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe he's a bit gay icon_biggrin.gif

I like the media-friendly manager and towering striker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I was most suprised to have one star player described as "Dancing Queen" !! Wink </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

C. Ronaldo yeah?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jozza800:

Powerful strikers, always did the business for me. And yeah, Midfield Generals.

Never been keen on Flamboyant strikers/Wingers or Industrious Midfielders </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? Industrious means hardworking. Surely that's good?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maviarab:

I think 'Animal' should be in there, for your nutter hard as nails centre back icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i.e Chris Morgan,

Although I would like "Imposing Centre Back"

or "Midfield Talisman" which would apply to players like Gerrard or Stephen Quinn icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarkTCfc:

Not in it yet as far as i know but a good addition would be "Midfield Engine" icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooh I like it, that would be a nice addition to FM09.

Another one that made me laugh was when I saw on one of my games that Nicolas Anelka was described as a "Nomadic Striker".

I quite like the descriptions that simply repeat the players' position. Nothing fancy, not mad, bad, or exceptional. Just a plain old player. How dull!!

I also enjoy messing with the game's descriptions, so I now have 'Old Fashioned Centre Forward', 'Psychotic Defender', and my favourite, 'Ambassador for Club'.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KnightedManager:

I quite like the descriptions that simply repeat the players' position. Nothing fancy, not mad, bad, or exceptional. Just a plain old player. How dull!!

I also enjoy messing with the game's descriptions, so I now have 'Old Fashioned Centre Forward', 'Psychotic Defender', and my favourite, 'Ambassador for Club'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

.....?

'Spineless' was quite good.

Possibly the best centre back in the world at his peak, the guy that had that.

My favourite though is 'casual'.

The most notable example of that was a casual goalkeeper named Dave James (no relation) who played like a cusual goalkeeper, and after a while quite beutifully changed to 'lacks self esteem'.

He was also notable for being at his 5th club by the time he made his first team debut.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by disasterd:

chocolately striker

the only one i had

had great pace

but always blasted the ball to another planet

probably mars </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by grahamf:

In FM07 I had a regen described as spineless </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Had one too, turned out not be very spineless.

Archived