KO Bumper Commentary Pack 2010

KO Bumper Commentary Pack 2010

mic.jpg

(We have posted this here as we are looking to involve the whole SI community as much as possible and are aware there are those that don't use the editing forum where we have also posted this)

From the guys that brought you the KROL commentary file back in 2007

- We're back with a brand new bumper commentary pack 2010

Just to refresh your memory the KROL file was developed over several years and included the work of the legendary Taipan.

(Due to the pack's success in 2007 we were contacted by SI who asked if they could implement lines from the pack in fm 2007)

This year we have decided to bring back the team and work on a brand new commentary file.. an aspect of the game which we feel has been a bit too generic and repetitive over the last few years...

We want to add creativity to each game and at the same time give the fans a greater indication of what's going on in front of them without going over the top

We have been putting a lot of time and effort into this for quite some time now and have got to the stage where we'd like to take some of the community's lines into consideration...

Are there any goal celebrations you'd like to include ?

Any lines to emphasise the importance of winning the prem/ a cup final/ etc... ? instead of simply... "Team x have done it !"

Any famous phrases or quotes which you feel should be used from time to time but aren't ?

Or simply any other lines you'd like to see which don't flash up ?

We hope to have thousands of lines put in after all this. The more lines we can come up with the better as we want to avoid too much ingame repetition. And again we'd like to avoid anything too OTT and cheesy.

The patch will be thoroughly tested prior to release to minimise any in game problems .

We will confirm a release date soon and really value any input that the community may have for this.

I'd like to see "player x inexplicably runs away from the ball" and "player x inexplicably slows down as he closes on the ball allowing opposition player Z to get there first despite starting 30 yards further away".

I'd also like to see included "Inzaghi looks incredulous as he's caught offside for the 74th time!", "Surprise, surprise, Scott Brown booked for moaning and complaining yet again", "Dundee United playing way above their minnow status here!" and "Bramble's manager looks like a nervous wreck".

great idea, really looking forward to this, nothing specific in the lines of commetry, but I would like there to be more emphasis on commentators when a bad tackle is made, a mazy dribble run, a great save, an easy chance missed and last minute winners scored.

great idea, really looking forward to this, nothing specific in the lines of commetry, but I would like there to be more emphasis on commentators when a bad tackle is made, a mazy dribble run, a great save, an easy chance missed and last minute winners scored.

not too much then eh?

one of my favourites that is used IRL is when somebody dives and and the commentator says " there must be sniper in the crowd today" or "5.9 for artistic merit there". for bad tackles is HAS to be "oh that tackle certainly was x rated by player X" Oh who is this player X is he seems to see him playing for all clubs :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, everyone

Just a quick update ...

things have been going very well on this so far... We will in the next week or so be looking for a few testers to help us test out our patch prior to release. Ideally we want someone who has a fair bit of time to play fm and who can give us good input as to how they feel the lines fit into the match play. Please could you post here and PM me if interested.

Thanks guys

It would be good to have some big Ron classics:

Well , either side could win it, or it could be a draw.

He dribbles a lot and the opposition don't like it - you can see it all over their faces

I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat.

..and Schmeichel extends and grows even bigger than he is.

Tell you what, Clive, he's been watching cartoons if he thinks he can beat Barthez from there

Hi, everyone

Just a quick update ...

things have been going very well on this so far... We will in the next week or so be looking for a few testers to help us test out our patch prior to release. Ideally we want someone who has a fair bit of time to play fm and who can give us good input as to how they feel the lines fit into the match play. Please could you post here and PM me if interested.

Thanks guys

Sure, I'd be happy to test. I'm pretty good with grammar and stuff too, so I could keep an eye out for typos and other things as well.

South American commentry needs to see: Gooooooooaaaaaaaaallllllllll, Gooooalllll Gooooalllll Gooooalllll

This :thup:

'Touch of a rapist'?

'It's only Ray Parlour!' - Not exactly useful anymore but it was a great one-liner.

I would be willing to test for you, fwiw. I have sent you a PM.

"Ashley Cole has been brilliant at playing away this season but he gets caught out as soon as he's back home" :thup:

And from my own personal collection (But would never see happen):

"And Nemanja Vidic has been sent off three minutes in to the cup final at wembley"

I've also been working on a com pack but im here to say your carnt add lines for certain players, the lines are used depending on a event, so for example a goal is scored, you carnt choose didnt type of goals for different places, same with players, no players can have there one piece of com.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

For derby games: "And we kick of to a roaring atmosphere inside the [stadium name]." Shots in off the post, maybe "It's hit the right side of the post: the goal side". Also, a forty yard shot goes in or a player going on a mazy run: "Unbelievable tekkers!" And a dreadful miss: "Taxi for X". Maybe you could have famous commentators saying stuff at kick-off. "It's the match day coverage on Sky, with me, Martin Tyler your commentator, and Andy Gray." In Champion's League matches: "I'm Clive Tyldesley and joining me tonight is Andy Townsend, on ITV1."

Archived