Poll: Beautiful football or total success

Which do you find more important?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you find more important?

• Beautiful Football
    • Success!

To be honest, there isn't enough going on in the match engine for me to be able to see massive differences in the kind of football played. All I can say is that when I devise my tactics, I'm thinking of how to win the football match, not how to lose prettily.

FM doesn't have great match engine for "beutiful football" running stickmans which won't make dribbling like scissors,roullete and etc,can't play like real Barca which you are watching in Stadium or on TV.So it doesn't give effect becouse FM doesn't have beutiful fancy football,if it isn't about FM when go to OTF.

Pretty football doesn't put points on the board! Pretty football doesn't keep you your job! Don't get me wrong, I like nothing more than seeing my team put together a nice move and finish it off with a nice finish, but it takes the gloss off if you've been battered off the park and it's only a consolation goal. Ultimately, success is all that matters!

I have my teams play a slick passing game very much like Wenger's Arsenal and I seem to alot of success with it. I took over at Belgrano(Argie second division) after 12 games with their record of W4 D1 L7, so far I've won 15, drawn 4 & lost 3 and taken them to top spot. Looks like promotion! This in the 09/10 season too.

Pretty football doesn't put points on the board! Pretty football doesn't keep you your job! Don't get me wrong, I like nothing more than seeing my team put together a nice move and finish it off with a nice finish, but it takes the gloss off if you've been battered off the park and it's only a consolation goal. Ultimately, success is all that matters!

Would have done Megson the world of good

Neither. Where's the option for realistic football? What I won't do is look for some ME exploit like the corner bug or an unrealistic formation to get an unrealistic advantage. I want my football to be beautiful and I want success, but not at the expense of loopholes in the coding.

When I play FM I like to think I'm a football manager, not a computer programmer.

Neither. Where's the option for realistic football? What I won't do is look for some ME exploit like the corner bug or an unrealistic formation to get an unrealistic advantage. I want my football to be beautiful and I want success, but not at the expense of loopholes in the coding.

When I play FM I like to think I'm a football manager, not a computer programmer.

Neither of the options included force you to look for exploits. That is on a different level of abstraction. Assuming that you take a "role playing" approach, ie play the game according to the rules you set for yourself, the options are perfectly valid.

I look to win. If I have the quality in my team to play beautifully then all the better, but winning comes first any day of the week.

Would have done Megson the world of good

Why do people pipe up with comments about real football after a point has been made about FM football?

I think a real life chairman would be able to see how the team is playing in general, and make a decision on the manager accordingly. In FM, they can't which means that pretty football doesn't matter as your job is based on results.

Archived