Manage your rivals?

I never manage certain teams, or play as them on ANY football game - Man Utd, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Barnsley, Donny Rovers, Nottingham F****t (scab), Leicester, Celtic, Mansfield (scab scab scab), Chesterfield. Scum scum scum.

as a liverpool fan i would never touch man utd, however being an australian i've always thought i wouldn't mind trying everton just because of cahill. But never ever man utd.

You could always manage someone else and try to sign Cahill?

Once, just for funsies, I created a game where the story went like this:

Man United got done for financial irregularities and match bribing over the course of 20 years so the FA, when they finally grew some balls issued the club with a disbandament order (a fictional order I made up before any of you think this actually exists) thus making Man U not exist.

I edited the database to move the highest ranking team from the previous season in each division up one league and then placed Man U in the BSP (I didnt go down as far as BSN/BSS.

The story went as follows though, as the FA disbanded Man U, they in effect owned the club and facilities, and they were prepared to sell it to the best bidder, moving the stadium to the city who won the bid and letting them retain the registrations of the players. The Isle of Wight won the bid, thus Old Trafford was moved to the Isle of Wight and the new team the IOW Raiders was born, using Old Trafford at the IOW and keeping their players in BSP.

Played it in holiday mode, it took them about 9 years to get in the prem, Scholes stayed there as a coach and eventually manager, I think he was the only Man U player to stay the duration of the game (20 years IIRC) O shea stayed until they got in the prem then retired.

But in short, no I don't manage my rivals. I don't even call their players up for internationals (apart from meaningless friendlies in the middle of the season when I know they already have a huge fixture congestion while my guys sit with their feet up at home)

• 4 weeks later...

I like to take over my hated teams and mess them up.

I took over Man U and put my favourite team as City - the first question at inaugural press conference was "Considering you are a Man City fan it is a little strange to some fans that you have taken on the Man Utd job. Will your love for United's rivals cause any conflict in your approach to managing the club?".

Possible answers: It's definitely going to be an interesting day for me (my response)/ I think that's fair/ I don't think this is appropriate for me to comment on/ I don't think who I supposedly support matters at all/ I will go about my work in the most professional manner.

Spent £60m budget with £190k wages on some bloke from the Northern Premier D1N (who I introduced to the media as being a problematic arrival for the squad, a risk, overpriced, someone not to expect fireworks from and who I had reservations about making the step up).

Offered mutual termination to Vidic which led to most of the squad becoming angry and requesting a meeting with me (how can you meet with players btw?).

Board blocked my attempt to release Rooney on a free.

Offered Carrick a new contract of £1 a week.

Spoke of my great friendship with Benitez. Announced Chelsea are the biggest club in England.

Made my feud with Roy Keane public. Announced I didn't see eye to eye with Steve Bruce.

Pre Community Shield conference: I said that Berbatov will be leaving after being questioned about offering mutual termination. Asked if Welbeck would receive the improved contract he had been demanding: "I don't think he'll be getting what he wants any time soon." Next question "Can it be taken you don't believe Welbeck deserves a new deal?" - same answer. Questioned on bookies odds for the league I stated "We will not win the title this season."

Match went according to plan:

ChelseavManUtd.png

ChelseavManUtd-2.png

Fined them all 2 weeks wages for poor performance. Post match I remarked one of my players would take some time to get over his mistake that cost a goal and also I would be dropping him for getting sent off

Hailed Lampard Show. Said I could not begrudge friend Ancelotti victory.

Pre league opener:announced I was underwhelmed and unprepared. Tipped Man City for title and declared "We will not win a single thing this season".

How soon do you think I will be sacked? Maybe this could be a challenge - see how long you can stay on (or how quickly you can be sacked).

I took over Man U and put my favourite team as City - the first question at inaugural press conference was "Considering you are a Man City fan it is a little strange to some fans that you have taken on the Man Utd job. Will your love for United's rivals cause any conflict in your approach to managing the club?".

Possible answers: It's definitely going to be an interesting day for me (my response)/ I think that's fair/ I don't think this is appropriate for me to comment on/ I don't think who I supposedly support matters at all/ I will go about my work in the most professional manner.

Spent £60m budget with £190k wages on some bloke from the Northern Premier D1N (who I introduced to the media as being a problematic arrival for the squad, a risk, overpriced, someone not to expect fireworks from and who I had reservations about making the step up).

Offered mutual termination to Vidic which led to most of the squad becoming angry and requesting a meeting with me (how can you meet with players btw?).

Spoke of my great friendship with Benitez. Announced Chelsea are the biggest club in England.

Made my feud with Roy Keane public. Announced I didn't see eye to eye with Steve Bruce.

Pre Community Shield conference: I said that Berbatov will be leaving after being questioned about offering mutual termination. Asked if Welbeck would receive the improved contract he had been demanding: "I don't think he'll be getting what he wants any time soon." Next question "Can it be taken you don't believe Welbeck deserves a new deal?" - same answer. Questioned on bookies odds for the league I stated "We will not win the title this season."

ChelseavManUtd.png

ChelseavManUtd-2.png

Fined them all 2 weeks wages for poor performance. Post match I remarked one of my players would take some time to get over his mistake that cost a goal and also I would be dropping him for getting sent off

Pre league opener:announced I was underwhelmed and unprepared. Tipped Man City for title and declared "We will not win a single thing this season".

How soon do you think I will be sacked? Maybe this could be a challenge - see how long you can stay on (or how quickly you can be sacked).

I like the way the bloke who got sent off got the best rating.

ChelseavManUtd.png

ChelseavManUtd-2.png

Well i take it this guy done this so he can win something :) typical city !

Sky Sports News prediction: I would have opted for a Man Utd win, but with their manager opting to put Febian Brandy in goal, anything could happen. I'm stunned and I know the fans will be when they see the line ups.

Post match analysis (Man Utd 0-28 Blackburn): I'm still struggling to believe the manager really meant to play Febian Brandy in goal.

Team talk feedback: HT (0-13) team talk: "Thrilled". Effect: Seemed to switch off completely, Lost focus, Seemed confused

Sky Sports News prediction: I would have opted for a Man Utd win, but with their manager opting to put Febian Brandy in goal, anything could happen. I'm stunned and I know the fans will be when they see the line ups.

Post match analysis (Man Utd 0-28 Blackburn): I'm still struggling to believe the manager really meant to play Febian Brandy in goal.

Team talk feedback: HT (0-13) team talk: "Thrilled". Effect: Seemed to switch off completely, Lost focus, Seemed confused

brilliant :)

ChelseavManUtd.png

ChelseavManUtd-2.png

I say this as a Man Utd fan.. This is absolutely hillarious. It's something I'd do and may yet do when I get bored of my current saves. :D Keep it up.

I could never manage B**nley or either of the Manc Scum for a serious game

Don't care how much money Citeh have, I could still never manage the bitters. Same for Scum and Inbreds

Ahh a fellow county fan!! Yeh, if im managing a prem team, I always slag off Owen Coyle!

I never manage certain teams, or play as them on ANY football game - Man Utd, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Barnsley, Donny Rovers, Nottingham F****t (scab), Leicester, Celtic, Mansfield (scab scab scab), Chesterfield. Scum scum scum.

Aren't you a Rotherham fan? Is this bitterness because you don't have any proper rivals???

Anyway, to answer the question: no, I could never manage Chaventry.

Normally, I don't play as the team I support (Leeds or Celtic), I usually play as Bristol Rovers or Swansea (don't ask why).

But, there was one season I was extremely p'd off at Newcastle, so I kept adding a manager to their team and buying crap players for loads of cash. The club went in administration multiple times and sunk down to League One. I didn't keep this save for very long (I ended up getting the sack and restarted).

I wouldn't manage Rangers or Man U, SPL is no fun for me and Man U is too easy, I don't like stating in the Premier League. I don't even buy players if they favor Rangers or have played for them, and have an even harder time for those little gits who list Man U as their favored club on the personal screen. :D

Aren't you a Rotherham fan? Is this bitterness because you don't have any proper rivals???

Anyway, to answer the question: no, I could never manage Chaventry.

Lol, Rotherham are my first club, born and bred.

But Derby are my second team due my stepdad being from there and supporting them, so over the last 17 years I have been to loads of Derby games with him aswell.

THAT is why I hate you lot and F****t :D

Archived