Gametime divided by price of game

just passed the week mark on an online game, 5 days a piece on Spurs and Luton saves and a day so far in the greek leagues.

so 18 days = 432 hours of game time, divided by the bargain £20 I paid for it = 0.216p per hour

Thats a generous estimate as well as I've mucked about a bit on other saves that have never really got going.

There are always a few games that have a lot of replayability.

I still play civilization 2, i played counterstrike waaay too much and i play fifa 09 so much that even my girfriend knows knows what martin tyler and andy gray are going to say next.

Fm is certainly not the exception.

Divide your hours by how much you paid and figure out your value for money!

I've now managed to rack up 600hours of FM gametime, divided by the £30 I paid for the game = 0.02p per hour

Even my MMO time doesn't come close to being that good a value for money.

Er.. I make it 5p per hour (£30 / 600 hours) ??

I cant even imagine how much of the last two years I have spend on the FM editor. At times it was 4-6 hours a night 4 days a week, only didnt do that if I was out golfing or playing rugby.

A lot of work is needed to make a big custom database like I do. Now at least I know the short cuts :D

Er.. I make it 5p per hour (£30 / 600 hours) ??

Yup ;) You'd have to play the game for 150,000 hours for the game to be worth two hundredths of a penny every hour.

I'd love to know what the little FM phrase for 150,000 game time is...

i havent really played this one much- i am one of those people that loved the 01/02 type games and now, whilst really liking some of the new features, simply finds that it takes far too long to complete a season (i work 42 hours a week so can only grab maybe 8 hours a week on FM- that isnt even enough to get halfway through one season and, when my useless teams invariably end up doing crap and making me start another new game, i end up thinking its a bit of a waste of time). I also find that you need to do a bit too much with your tactics- in the old editions i just loved selecting a formation, sticking players in it and speeding through a season in about 4 hours, the only time i really spent was on buying and selling players, nowadays that isnt enough if you want to do well

As a result i've probably only played about 30 hours or so this edition so just under a quid an hour- still decent enough value like

I've now managed to rack up 600hours of FM gametime, divided by the £30 I paid for the game = 0.02p per hour

An excellent OP. Look at ps3/xbox360 games and you get 10 hours gameplay (minimal replay value) for nearly £50. Ridiculous! Which raises the question: Just how much would you pay for FM and are Sega undercharging us? :)

An excellent OP. Look at ps3/xbox360 games and you get 10 hours gameplay (minimal replay value) for nearly £50. Ridiculous! Which raises the question: Just how much would you pay for FM and are Sega undercharging us? :)

No, absolutely not! Its already far too expensive and should be lots, lots cheaper! ;)

Brain wasn't quite with it at 1:00am this morning!

I'm actually a bit embarassed at the shocking state of my maths as it's something I'm more than decent at normally...

Well, we can only go on whats presented on front of us.......

Clearly not....:D;)

Brain wasn't quite with it at 1:00am this morning!

I'm actually a bit embarassed at the shocking state of my maths as it's something I'm more than decent at normally...

I'd hate to see your team when your brain was in that condition. Usually my worst period is after the pub. Back to the topic 3 days Fiore, 1.5 days Sao Paulo 6 days Barca, 14 hrs current game (also Fiore) at least 18 hrs on games started but not taken on 302 hours at least + about another 100 on the forums. But game time is 13.24c per hour (game price €39.99)

You must be wrong! Anyone who goes to Cov Uni cant be that bright ;)

Maths grad ;) but yeah, the uni is a bit of a shocker, and I'm well known for making embarrassingly stupid errors in basic calculation, so maybe I should go back and double-check my numbers :p

Thankfully I graduated a few months ago, and never need go back there ever again ;)

You're not alumnus yourself, are you?

Maths grad ;) but yeah, the uni is a bit of a shocker, and I'm well known for making embarrassingly stupid errors in basic calculation, so maybe I should go back and double-check my numbers :p

Thankfully I graduated a few months ago, and never need go back there ever again ;)

You're not alumnus yourself, are you?

My god no! I live in Rugby and work in Coventry so i just know how much of a hole it is lol

My current save is closing in on 25 days while I have another long term save of much the same length. Add to that 3 shorter saves and I probably have around 1500 hours of gametime.

However it tends to run in the background a lot while I'm doing other things so I would estimate actual playing time of maybe around 25% of that - so around 375 hours.

I can't remember exactly how much I paid but it wouldn't be more than £25 so that makes 6.67pph.

As far as hobbies go it is by far the cheapest of any I've had over the years.

Archived