9.3.0-Too easy?

I think the 3D gameplay is much more realistic, but I often score 4 or 5 goals in a game, and I rarely let in any. Think I have let in 3 goals in 20 games, and I haven't lost yet, coming to January. Think I've only drawed two games as well. I'm Man Utd, btw.

Has the game become too easy?

first off please dont double post the same threads, and i think that the game is to easy for you as you are man u who are the best team in the world. btw what year are you in and whave you beaten any of the big four by 4/5 goals.

Well im struggling to get wins with Ipswich atm on the 0.3 patch, Still tweaking my 3-5-2 tactic so hopefully will turn it around and break in to those playoffs.

Having to work hard to get wins like in real life, So no i would not say its that easy imo.

A brainless monkey could do well with Man Utd. Try Managing in the lower leagues without cheating (editor or re-load) and you'll get your answer. I'm currently Staines Town in BSS, try that and you'll be losing games on a regulas basis, i promise ;)

It's still a very challenging game and at times very frustrating, especially when you watch your team blow teams away at home and then struggle to get even a draw away.

Every single file i've played in ive played above expectations, about 4 diffeent games so far.. i dont know if its my killer tactic that ive used on each file works well in the game, or maybe im a tractical genius (most likely), or if the patch is just now too easy

Well funnily enough, after 9.3 patch was released I started a new career and took control of Celtic (as I do in every new game I start), currently I am top of the SPL with 82 points after 31 games 17 points clear of Rangers in second place, my record is won 26 drawn 4 lost 1 and I have just had news items linking me with Real Madrid, Sevilla and Chelsea jobs as all their managers are coming to the end of their contracts.

I should also add however that I did set my past experience to ex international footballer which seems to have made a huge diffirence to my early fortunes in management, as opposed to automatic which I usually set it to. So in conclusion I'd have to say in answer to the op's question that FM hasn't gotten inherantly easier or harder with the 9.3 patch but can be made easier or more difficult by the user depending on what rules you set yourself, ie with regards to using rte's, past experience etc.

I actually think it's a wee bit harder than 9.2.0 which delights me no end. Of course I have to say I have only played any serious number of games as Dorchester so far. They weren't great and I did get relegated from the Blue Square South.

I found the game a bit more realistic than my previous save of Koper. I was having to change formations about to get results, i.e. defensive away or against bigger teams. I went attacking at home to Team bath thinking I could sneak a result and found myself 4-0 down and making big changes.

I'm now at Raith Rovers and looking forward to a stern challenge in a first season in the Scottish First. I find myself hoping it's bloody hard. I've got Derek Holmes up front so there's a plus (not really but he's infamous in Bournemouth).

I say bring on the hardness.

And yes, there is a scale that you can influence by your choices of who to manage or what you set your experience as.

Myself, managing Dorchester, am going to find the game more of a challenge than the OP managing Manchester United. Mr Bean could guide Manchester United to at least one trophy, though that's not to diminish anyone's efforts.

Furthermore, if you set your management experience higher then you are going to inflate your chances. You'll find your chances higher as an ex-international in charge of Raith than you would as a ex-semi-pro in charge of Raith. Of course I have always felt that FM needs more levels of manager experience.

My point is there's variables you can fix yourself.

We definatly need a level between pro footballer and semi-pro, pro net you championship while semi nets you bss/n, maybe lower league player?

I think it's the one thing that would really enhance career games on FM. As such I think it should be an essential addition.

I think the 3D gameplay is much more realistic, but I often score 4 or 5 goals in a game, and I rarely let in any. Think I have let in 3 goals in 20 games, and I haven't lost yet, coming to January. Think I've only drawed two games as well. I'm Man Utd, btw.

Sounds like real life at the moment - as every else says, try a different team as you are always going to find it easy with the likes of Man U, Chelsea or Man City.

• 1 month later...

Can u upload ur tactic pls!!!

Every single file i've played in ive played above expectations, about 4 diffeent games so far.. i dont know if its my killer tactic that ive used on each file works well in the game, or maybe im a tractical genius (most likely), or if the patch is just now too easy

I hope your being sarcastic and tactical genius rather than tractical genius would be better (Y)

There's your problem.

Thats the beauty of this game, if you want an easy-ish game then become manager of the top 4 sides and if you want a really good challenge then LLM is the way to go. I have two saves going at the moment, one is with Man Utd and my mission is to have an all english squad (in 2017) and the other is Barrow who i have got promoted and are currently struggling in division 3(2012) and that is challenging.

Its easy to win with Man Utd, I won everything there was going with them in 08 and got bored. So I started at Rushden and Diamonds thinking i was so good at the game it would be a breeze... boy was I wrong... never looked back though, best challenge out there, thus I did it again with 09. Now we're 2nd in the Prem looking for our highest ever finish. Next year the title! Muahaha

Building a team from scratch and winning like that is very hard Deisler. I went unbeaten in League 2 with my Rushden team... granted its not the hardest thing to do but we had a financial crisis and had to sell some players so I thought it was an amazing feat lol. Had a few late nights followed by several prayers to all the gods.

Building a team from scratch and winning like that is very hard Deisler. I went unbeaten in League 2 with my Rushden team... granted its not the hardest thing to do but we had a financial crisis and had to sell some players so I thought it was an amazing feat lol. Had a few late nights followed by several prayers to all the gods.

Completely unexpected players hitting the heights and an astonishing transfer coup are the hallmarks of this season so far!

Haha, nothing like the trials and tribulations of lower league management to provide endless enjoyment.

I had a left winger who, on paper, should have left my team when I made it to League 1. Season into the prem and he was still playing like a pro... I didn't want to get rid of him but at 30 he didn't really belong on the wing lol. Well.. unless you're Giggs it seems :D

He's now at some League 1 side at 33, down in the favored personal of the team lol.

Im doing alright with Italy but it seems when my teams 2 to 3-0 up they become lazy or some what arrogant as in to say oh were won..

Next thing ya know last 10 mins the opposition is battering you making your nerves show its great fun vey realistic i feel.

Got to make sense with your tactics if its a smaller club i go all out attack try bag goals and dominate the game and then go defensive last 15 minutes if its a big club i tend to sit back slow the game down and wish them luck in the team talks.

It can be easy it can be hard depends on the manager i guess.

I have been with Marine for 6 seasons and am still in the Blue Square North :(

Arguably it gets harder the longer you're there, given the situation with takeovers at some clubs and the overall improvements other teams make over time. :(

I wish it was too easy,I can't for the life of me get anything away from home, I have an absoult fortress at home thats only whats keeping me up around the top 6. But away from home it is so damn hard no matter what style or formation i use!

Heya, I didn't want to create a new thread, but I started playing again after a few months (last time I played was in january), and first time with 9.3 installed: I greatly enjoyed the game before, but now I do even more, the 3D engine has improved dramatically once again, especially with the animations. I think this version will keep me VERY busy during the summer, as usual :)

I actually think it's a wee bit harder than 9.2.0 which delights me no end. Of course I have to say I have only played any serious number of games as Dorchester so far. They weren't great and I did get relegated from the Blue Square South.

I found the game a bit more realistic than my previous save of Koper. I was having to change formations about to get results, i.e. defensive away or against bigger teams. I went attacking at home to Team bath thinking I could sneak a result and found myself 4-0 down and making big changes.

I'm now at Raith Rovers and looking forward to a stern challenge in a first season in the Scottish First. I find myself hoping it's bloody hard. I've got Derek Holmes up front so there's a plus (not really but he's infamous in Bournemouth).

I say bring on the hardness.

Damn it man . That's the last league ... How could you. I started with Farsley in BSN and now I'm on 2nd pos in Ligue 1

I have been with Marine for 6 seasons and am still in the Blue Square North :(

Man you really suck. Do some transfers.if you stay with the same palyers you do nothing and don't wait from academy

couase the accademies in 6th league sucks .It just gives 1 player or lucyly 2 who can come in 1st team

FM09 is by far the toughest version so far imo. Im not saying it's impossible, but takes a while to get a grip of the tactics and match engine. There definitely seems to be an issue winning away from home regardless of your tactical genius! Id like to seee that tweaked slightly for FM10

I really dont think its too easy. Granted if you take over a top club like Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea Arsenal, Barce, etc...its always going to be les of a challange. I've taken over Southampton, nice challange, no money at all but some decent players.

Archived