How do we get tycoon owners....

cheltenham town were on the verge of relegation from league football on my game in the 3rd season only to be taken over by a tycoon and are now the second richest team in England!!

im hoping that Martin Allen fails and gets sacked and i might move back down from West Ham to LLM again

I think the biggest issue with tycoon takeovers is a) the frequency and b) they all seem to have bags of money like Abramovich originally did or the UAE dudes.

Don't have a problem with Bulgarian B or English lower league clubs being taken over by richer than normal people... but not all tycoons should have endless bags of money.

I think the biggest issue with tycoon takeovers is a) the frequency and b) they all seem to have bags of money like Abramovich originally did or the UAE dudes.

Don't have a problem with Bulgarian B or English lower league clubs being taken over by richer than normal people... but not all tycoons should have endless bags of money.

I see your point...i think.

Lets say an ex international player with bags of money due to his fabulous career but now it has come to an end, he decides he wants to buy the club he has loved from a kid...BARROW :)

He will not have endless amounts of cash like the arabs or the russians but he will have enough money to get the side going, but 150m pounds per season...

I'm going to try out LLM with the new patch with a team like Bath. I reckon after slogging away for a few seasons winning promotion by grafting and tactical methods, getting a tycoon may cause me to go to another team. It's a bit like a get out of jail free card I reckon.

My current save with Bristol City has never been taken over by a tycoon and we're the 2nd richest club in the game. (Plus we cant expand the stadium anymore and there is no sign of a new one being built so we also have one of the smallest grounds in the Prem, 28,000)

I don't know where the money comes from each season really, but I only get around 50 mill per season which means I can't just buy anyone I fancy and that keeps the transfer window interesting. with a tycoon it would become boring for me.

btw - I recently agreed a per matches international/team games played deal for 120 Million for a regen fullback. he has almost played the required numbers of games for me and Engand then I have to pay 100 Mill!! At the moment I am starting to think that a tycoon takeover would be nice because I have -20Mill in the bank!! :)

I got taken over by a tycoon in my Wycombe save whilst i was still in League 2. I'm now top of the championship in season 3 by 15 points after 15 games. I'm so lucky :D he gave me the money to buy loads of good players and i'm also in the Uefa Cup and top of my group by 6 points with 2 games left to play :D

Seen it happen loads on my hitchin game. Not to me unfortunately.

Exeter are in the prem after being taken over by a Danish billionaire and i have seen it happen to other clubs like Alfreton and Newport County.

An interesting case was Merthyr Tydfill who got taken over by an italian moneybags who got them into the Blue sq south, then the BSQ Prem with them spending 3-4million and paying 50k in wages (huge for that level, i am currently paying that in the championship). He then withdrew his funding and they went downhill quickly, they just limped into league 2 by virtue of they players they had bought, but then went bankrupt and had a mega firesale and sunk back to non-league obscurity

That happens too. In my game, a Bulgarian B league team got taken over by a Tycoon...definitely wouldn't happen IRL

Not True in real life Hoffenheim In Germany they were in the regional rubbish didvisions and then wealthy guy toook over they are now in Bundesliga challenging for title

not quite bulgaria but hoffenheim ring any bells?

Yeah but the thing is, there's actually money to be won in Germany. For winning the Bulgarian title you get what...400k or so? My point was that even if the team becomes top in Bulgaria, it'll still be very hard for it to actually make any serious money.

So far I've had two tycoon takeovers in my game. The first was at Sheffield Wednesday who were taken over by a German, they're in the playoff place of the championship at the moment but haven't really spent that much money.

The other was Crystal Palace, who after getting promotion to the Premiership following an Austrian takeover last year are throwing their weight around with the signings of Milner and Palacios

cheltenham town were on the verge of relegation from league football on my game in the 3rd season only to be taken over by a tycoon and are now the second richest team in England!!

im hoping that Martin Allen fails and gets sacked and i might move back down from West Ham to LLM again

HAHA. If that happened IRL, the noise around whaddon road would be tremendous!

I live around the corner, and its noisy enough on match days, but if we were super rich then i would be looking to move to the other side of town!

The noise pollution would be to much to bear!

• 1 month later...

Is there any correlation between the level of football played and the tycoon status? for example, someone who is worth £500 million would have the same, or greater effect on a club in the championship than in the premiership, where the tycoon would have to be worth billions to have the same effect

Rich tycoons have taken over lower league clubs in real life, Fulham and Wigan for example were both in Division 3 before they were taken over.

Add Gretna to that list. They were in the English Non-Leagues when they were taken over then shot up the divisions in Scotland.

had one at liverpool just recently.

invested and wiped debts. gave me £35m on the spot and promised more!

BUT

im doing poorly in the league and want to start a new game but want the dosh :(

WHAT DO I DOOOOOO.......

That isn't actually that much for a tycoon takeover. On one of my saves Liverpool had a tycoon takeover and, according to the news report, were promised something ridiculous like £120mil for transfers.

On my current save, i've seen 7 or 8 tycoon takeovers now from the likes of Toulouse to Peterhead to Tobermore Utd. On all occasions, the chairman wasn't happy and was looking to relinquish control. Unfortunately for me, the chairmen i've always had love the club:( Hopefully, i'll get one soon...........i'm due one!;)

would be great if they done it to lower league and non league clubs, get them making strides..

On my Liverpool save, Notts County (who were in League 2 at the time) got taken over by a Dutch tycoon, and about 6 seasons later are in the Prem for the first time since the takeover, and are already in the top 50 richest clubs in the world.

An interesting case was Merthyr Tydfill who got taken over by an italian moneybags who got them into the Blue sq south, then the BSQ Prem with them spending 3-4million and paying 50k in wages (huge for that level, i am currently paying that in the championship). He then withdrew his funding and they went downhill quickly, they just limped into league 2 by virtue of they players they had bought, but then went bankrupt and had a mega firesale and sunk back to non-league obscurity

Just caught up with this thread and saw this old post -which no one commented on.

This looks very odd - on the face of it Giblets seems to be saying that the sugar daddy took over the club when it was sub-BSS, thus an unplayable team. Is this true? Did he get a news item saying that an unplayable team had got a sugar daddy? Sounds unlikely to me - I'd just like confirmation.

Archived