I Love Football Manager! :D

Sorry, but this needs to be done...

I have played and loved every single version of football manager and therefore cannot understand why there so many threads on the amount of bugs there are in the game, or the unrealisticness (is that even a word?) of the game.

I understand that many of these threads include constructive criticism, but I finally decided there should be a thread that praises the hard work that SI put into these games.

I may have just smoked too much pot, or I may actually love FM....possibly both.

since the .2 patch i've been enjoying it immensly but there were a lot of problems originally. i personally didn't play it from about a week after launch until the .2 patch because it was unplayable, one of the developers was on here saying that they wern't happy with it

Yea I'm thoroughly enjoying FM09, a few minor bugs but nothing unplayable in my opinion. I'm not sure I'll buy FM10 though, but this is more a testament to my satisfaction with FM09 and my will to get more enjoyment out of it. Also I'm still to be convinced that the level at which the series is developing and the number of features usually added to each game really warrant an annual release.

Good post - i agree, i love the game and am totally addicted to it and play nothing else. i cannot wait for the next installments to come out.

What i like doing and will do when the next and last patch comes out is create my own super league as this adds another dimension to the game. The data editor is an excellent idea and makes the game even more enjoyable.

I'm also in love with the series, although I'm currently playing Fm08 waiting for the 9.3 patch! And 8.0.2 works really well :D Fm07 is also stunning :D

the reason I think why people are complaining so much is because they actually love the game, but feel it isn't up to the standards as of yet. Honestly, the game always need to be fully patched before it's that magic game, at least to me.

Imagine your top model wife has an ugly minor scar or something, of course you'd be all around her to get rid of it to achieve perfectionism ;)

I'm also in love with the series, although I'm currently playing Fm08 waiting for the 9.3 patch! And 8.0.2 works really well :D Fm07 is also stunning :D

the reason I think why people are complaining so much is because they actually love the game, but feel it isn't up to the standards as of yet. Honestly, the game always need to be fully patched before it's that magic game, at least to me.

Imagine your top model wife has an ugly minor scar or something, of course you'd be all around her to get rid of it to achieve perfectionism ;)

...depends where the scar was i guess :p

Finally someone who doesnt criticise this truly great game. people complain about the realism but it is a game so has to have an element of the imaginary about it. if it was totally realistic then managers would be getting sacked left right and centre, managers would be done away with because they dont have enough charisma and you would be sacked for not being the man the fans wanted running the club.

Yea I'm thoroughly enjoying FM09, a few minor bugs but nothing unplayable in my opinion. I'm not sure I'll buy FM10 though, but this is more a testament to my satisfaction with FM09 and my will to get more enjoyment out of it. Also I'm still to be convinced that the level at which the series is developing and the number of features usually added to each game really warrant an annual release.

I didn't buy FM09 because I figured it would be like CM4, which introduced the 2D match engine and was horrible. So I'm waiting for FM10 in the autumn. I figure the 3D match engine will have gone through a few more iteration by then. >> Besides, our 2nd child was born in November and I have nooo time (and the missus would divorce me if she thought I was wasting time playing computer games).

I'm enjoying this one again. Aside from it's niggles (which will probably be amended in the next patch), it's a big step up from FM08. No longer are all my matches 9-8 or something similar.

I can now see WHY some of my midfielders are suddenly losing the ball, substitute them and punish them accordingly.

Plus, I'm having a great challenge with H&W Welders in Northern Ireland's Premier League.

I got into FM starting with 08 (late I know). I previously played Fifa manager mode but was looking for something more realistic. I had heard about FM or WSM as its called over here and finally bought it. I played the demo while I waited for the game to arrive and got hooked! It is so much fun. I've never looked back. 09 is even better. FM is so realistic. I know some pro fifa people complain about not being able to control the players but I prefer it that way. Transfers are more realistic, games etc. Love it!!!!

I got into FM starting with 08 (late I know). I previously played Fifa manager mode but was looking for something more realistic. I had heard about FM or WSM as its called over here and finally bought it. I played the demo while I waited for the game to arrive and got hooked! It is so much fun. I've never looked back. 09 is even better. FM is so realistic. I know some pro fifa people complain about not being able to control the players but I prefer it that way. Transfers are more realistic, games etc. Love it!!!!

Same what happened to me, except for the 09 part. for some unknown reason FM09 just wont work on my pc.

But i'm still loving 08 :D

I love Football Manager. And now my DVD is all sticky :(

:eek: *BLARGH!*

I too love Football Manager 09. Sometimes formations/tactics are the first thing I think about when I wake up. :o

To be fair, there have been a few glitches, but sometimes it's down to the repetetive nature of the "bug" posts in GD that makes it look worse. So many people notice so many different things, and yet one single person won't notice them all, if any. If these people were to instead report these bugs in the bugs forum and not bring it onto General Discussion, a lot of us would not even notice that there's anything wrong with the game. In a strange way, it tends to make the rest of us paranoid about something we hadn't noticed or known about, and it ruins our enjoyment. Then we go looking for things, and then go off it altogether - a bit like a relationship where a third party has put about nasty rumours, and you never see that loved one in the same way again.

Archived