World Cup 2010 – Semi Final

Remaining starlets:

Centre Back 2 (Netherlands)

Remaining idiots

None

Remaining world stars

Ronaldo (Portugal)

Italy v Portugal

A tight semi final saw two defences playing particularly well, and both sides losing their goal threats. Portugal lost Djalo, hero of the England game, to injury in the first half, and once the scoreless match had gone to extra time, Italy lost Quagliarella to a knock and Cassano to a second yellow card.

It was inevitable that it would go to penalties, and Portugal again got an early advantage when Pirlo's kick was saved. No more were missed until Antunes saw Portugal's fourth kick saved, levelling the shoot out. Buffon then pulled off further heroics, saving Almeida's final penalty, giving Perrotta a chance to send the holders through. He scored, and Italy were in the final again.

Netherlands v Germany

Germany got off to a flyer, Behrendt scoring inside two minutes, and for all Holland's efforts, they were unable to break them down. Germany sat on their single goal lead, happy to see the game out, and did so successfully.

Just as a quick aside, I wanted to say thanks for all your continual interest in these experiments, it is giving me great satisfaction (and drive to continue) to see lengthy conversations every time I pop back in. The first few days of this thread were incredible - a couple of hundred posts before an update even came along.

It is much appreciated, and if you have any ideas/requests then feel free to say - without an interested audience an experiment like this falls flat within a few weeks.

Cheers :)

I think Germany will win (Just to be different). It's my first post in this thread so i'm gonna take this time to say a massive thankyou to Kipfizh for getting me back into Football Manager and reading. lol. youve done a superb job. Bring on next season

Just as a quick aside, I wanted to say thanks for all your continual interest in these experiments, it is giving me great satisfaction (and drive to continue) to see lengthy conversations every time I pop back in. The first few days of this thread were incredible - a couple of hundred posts before an update even came along.

It is much appreciated, and if you have any ideas/requests then feel free to say - without an interested audience an experiment like this falls flat within a few weeks.

Cheers :)

Wonder how many people there are like me just lurking as well, maybe I should start posting, who knows :D

Anyway, I'm going to go for a 1-0 Germany win the final, they seem to like their defence so why not.

Wonder how many people there are like me just lurking as well, maybe I should start posting, who knows :D

Anyway, I'm going to go for a 1-0 Germany win the final, they seem to like their defence so why not.

There must be loads lurking. Just a quick comparison, "JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!" has 3,000 replies and 25,000 views. This thread has had just 671 posts but 24,000 views!

Germany, at least that way something about my prediction of england losing in the final will be right as I'd have the correct half of the draw providing the winner/loser. Tenuous I know but I'll be amazed if I ever get a prediction right, including that one (if that makes sense) so even something so minor is a triumph. besides logically the odds aren't good for back to back italian titles.

World Cup 2010 – Final

Remaining starlets:

None

Remaining idiots

None

Remaining world stars

None

Italy v Germany

After Portugal beat Holland 2-0 to claim third, it was time for the final, pitting holders Italy against the Germans with the disguised names. No world star or former Bandit or Sheriff would be involved. A surprisingly open affair saw both goalkeepers tested before half time, but at the break the match was still scoreless.

Early in the second half, Aquilani put Italy in front, and from that moment on they took charge. Only the German keeper stopped the match becoming a rout, but with Germany unable to find an equaliser, Italy retained the World Cup.

More good news was to follow for the champions, with the announcement that they would host the 2018 competition.

Freddy Adu picked up the Golden Boot with four goals, and he was also the tournament's best player.

I suppose I'm also another lurker,I very rarely post but to read something this good, I just have to say like many others that Kip is doing a fantastic job and I'm loving this version's experiment as much as I did with the last one even though I only found that at xmas time but I' am glad I have managed to catch this one from the very beginning.

Gutted England got knocked out penalties but not surprised but I'm hoping for Italy to win the world cup now.

KUTGW Kip

At the time I posted this I didn't see that kip had posted the result pretty much the same time I posted, lol

Great read - Just read the whole 7-pager today...whilst at work :)

Keep it up Kipfizh...

Question - Did you turn off the fake German players or is the whole squad full of greyed out players?

It also seems as though playing with full detail is essential. I am playing in a game where top clubs are not spotting young talent early but your game it does seem to be happening...Will be interesting to see as the game progresses.

Great read - Just read the whole 7-pager today...whilst at work :)

Keep it up Kipfizh...

Question - Did you turn off the fake German players or is the whole squad full of greyed out players?

It also seems as though playing with full detail is essential. I am playing in a game where top clubs are not spotting young talent early but your game it does seem to be happening...Will be interesting to see as the game progresses.

there is a licensing issue with the german national side. Its the same on fifa

I'm glad Italy won it, it just wouldn't be the same with a bunch of nameless Germans.

I wonder, does the German squad in time get real players, once the current ones retire? Will "regular" regens take charge, or are we destined to keep watching The Grey 11 feature in cup final after cup final after cup final?

There must be loads lurking. Just a quick comparison, "JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!" has 3,000 replies and 25,000 views. This thread has had just 671 posts but 24,000 views!

Well yeah, but 7000 of those 24000 are the same half dozen people refreshing like crazy every 5 minutes :)

well the result would be the reverse of my prediction wouldn't it? as for the Germans they do end up using regens. I have a german in my squad in 2017 who's an international for a few seasons so certainly since 2014/15ish. And as for the comparision with JoseRR's challenge its not the same thing. Those threads have regular updates from many people to keep discussion flowing while despite occasionally raising subjects amongst ourselves the bulk of discussion here is dependant on the latest updates from one (very busy) person. and as was pointed out earlier individual people are more inclined to check here more often in case of news.

Archived