** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my results so far with the final v6 tactic. I've also shown the goalscorers so you can see the spread of goals across the team.

My squad is very good and i'm favourites for the league and Champions League.

I'm doing a full squad rotation, trying to ensure everyone in the team plays the same number of games. This isn't having an averse effect on the tactic and i'm delighted with the results. (the hidden result is a 3-0 win)

My squad is (2009/10 season)

GK Reina/Akinfeev

RB Zapata/Srna

LB Lahm/Insua

CB Carragher/Agger/Skrtel/Breno

RM Ribery/Sanchez

LM Zhirkov/Babbel

CM Gerard/Mascherano/Alonso/Lucas

FW Aguero/Torres/Hulk/Vagner Love

Picture1.png

Tyler, As well as being in awe of your tactic I'm also extremely impressed by your training schedule. I've been using your training since I started this game and I have never been informed by my Assistant that someone has not trained well over the past month. I've never seen this with any other training.

You are truly an FM GOD!!!! :thup:

I'll keep you posted on how the season progresses

Has anyone had benzema play well in this tactic?

In his prefered moves he likes to move into channels which I think is stopping him performing. Should I ask him to stop doing this?

Recently bought him with Arsenal. 7 Games, 5 goals - 2 assists - 2 MoM - Average rating 7.45

And he still likes to move into channels, which I like to be honest...

Recently bought him with Arsenal. 7 Games, 5 goals - 2 assists - 2 MoM - Average rating 7.45

And he still likes to move into channels, which I like to be honest...

Who do you play him upfront with?

He is my top scorer, somehow?? lol, with 4 goals.

I'm also Arsenal, second season.

Who do you play him upfront with?

He is my top scorer, somehow?? lol, with 4 goals.

I'm also Arsenal, second season.

Also Arsenal, second season :)

Most of the time I play him as right striker with van Persie to his left, but when he's injured I play Eduardo there.

Hmmm... I've sold both of those but have Vela whose left footed and i may try playing Mata up front.

I used Vela there last season: 29 matches, 9 goals, 7 assists, 5 MoM and 7.08 average... he did start very well but was tired and upset at the end of the season :)

Adebayor performs well up front as well ;)

BTW: Never ever sell van Persie for this tactic !!! He's a superb striker and winger !!!

Tyler, what do you do against the end of a match if the opponent goes to 4-2-4?

I don't do anything as there is as much chance of you scoring as they. In my experience the V6 will exploit 4-2-4 as the opponent full-backs will be left isolated and you're wingers have a free run at them.

Update:

Bolton (home) 3-0

Chelsea (away) 0-1, I won 2-1 with CCC however :(

Sunderland (home) 4-1

West Ham (away) 2-0

Portsmouth (home) 2-0

Doing well in Champions League as well:

Heerenveen (away) 0-0

Heerenveen (home) 4-1

Roma (home) 2-2, 4-1 in CCC

CSKA Sofia (away) 4-1

Fenerbahce (away) 2-0

Thumbs up Tylor, very impressive!

I just beat AZ from Holland Away from home 3-2 in the champions league.

Not that impressive until you consider my team was made up of my 15 to 18 year old reserve squad! (mostly 16 and 17 years old)

Only Zhirkov started from my 1st team squad and Babel and Gerrard came on at half time.

I was expecting a thumping but wanted the kids to get some 1st team experience.

This tactic is the darts!!!!! :)

I like all of Tyler's tatics, but I still strugle away. No matter the team talk I use in the begining of the match, or the one in half time. If I say nothing they lose, if I say good luck they lose. Don't know what's wrong, but I'm gonna find out.

I like all of Tyler's tatics, but I still strugle away. No matter the team talk I use in the begining of the match, or the one in half time. If I say nothing they lose, if I say good luck they lose. Don't know what's wrong, but I'm gonna find out.

I find V6 is good away. Won all away games with Everton. Have you bought many new players?

Tyler,

I've just taken on the Croatia International job.

I'm not sure whether I should select a squad based on the recommended attributes in the OP and leave out some of the bigger name players or if I should pick the 'bigger' players and hope that they perform well in the formation regardless of attributes.

What would you recommend?

I find V6 is good away. Won all away games with Everton. Have you bought many new players?

I bought 4 players, 'cause the team was a little too short. But only one o them is in the first team. I'm figuring it out, I guess. I'm on a new game save. Just to see what I can do.lol

Tyler,

I've just taken on the Croatia International job.

I'm not sure whether I should select a squad based on the recommended attributes in the OP and leave out some of the bigger name players or if I should pick the 'bigger' players and hope that they perform well in the formation regardless of attributes.

What would you recommend?

That'll be interesting. I'd do a bit of both.

Everton are very strong in defence. This may be the reason for good away results.

Don't get me wrong, your tactic is great. Otherwise I wouldn't have got a FA cup, nor a Eurocup with teams such as Portsmouth or Newcastle. But I still have to figure what to do when away from home. Change a player, or say something. One thing this game is lacking is the teamtalk during the match. I would teel to play the f**k up.lol

Hi Tyler, just wanted to thank you for all your hard work, I have been playing playing a 4-2-3-1 up until recently but I wanted to go back to playing 2 up front so I am using V6 and your team talk instructions combined with Heathxxx's general approach to the game and really enjoying myself.

Also congratulations on such a busy thread, keep up the good work

When underdogs (^3/1): 'Wish Luck

Does the 3/1 mean odds of this or worse? I really don't understand odds, do I need it set on fractional?

Sorry for stupid question

Basically you put £1 on and win £3 + your bet (£1) for 3/1. If it's 9/1 you put £1 on to win £9 +£1 bet back. If it was 1/3 you put £3 on to get £1 back + your stake. So the number on the right is what you have to bet in order to win the amount on the left. The bigger the number on the left to 1 on the right, the more you are underdogs. The bigger the number on the right to 1 on the left the bigger favourites you are.

If that makes sense. lol

You use wish luck on 3/1, 4/1, 5/1, 6/1, etc

I just started using your training schedule tyler, it seems player attributes are decreasing atm. Do you see any improvements sinds you started using that training? Do i have to use it a few months before i see results in player attributes?

I just started using your training schedule tyler, it seems player attributes are decreasing atm. Do you see any improvements sinds you started using that training? Do i have to use it a few months before i see results in player attributes?

What is maybe happening is that the attributes not important are going down first but soon the ones you need will increase. This happened to me with Yakubu at Everton.

Basically you put £1 on and win £3 + your bet (£1) for 3/1. If it's 9/1 you put £1 on to win £9 +£1 bet back. If it was 1/3 you put £3 on to get £1 back + your stake. So the number on the right is what you have to bet in order to win the amount on the left. The bigger the number on the left to 1 on the right, the more you are underdogs. The bigger the number on the right to 1 on the left the bigger favourites you are.

If that makes sense. lol

You use wish luck on 3/1, 4/1, 5/1, 6/1, etc

Cool, i understand now

Thank-you

Great set of tactics I must admit. I used v4 in my first season at Spurs with no signings and came 2nd. Now I am in my second season and started to struggle so I changed to the new Piranha tactic. My form changed, as I won about 7 games in a row to go up to 5th.

Now I am struggling again. Lost to United away 4-1 (played shockingly) and then to Chelsea at home (3-1, my first home defeat in that career in all competitions!). I just don't understand whats happened? I do all the things you set out in your OP. Last season I did the double over United and Chelsea and now I can't beat the big teams. Its strange. Please help cos I will never finish in the Champs League places if I can't beat those teams around me.

Ok guys...Here is my end of season Review....

Currently playing as Motherwell:

SPL:4th place with 67 points

Uefa Cup: 1st knockout round loss to Aston Villa (2-1 Agg)

Scottish Cup: Lost 4-5 Penalties to Hearts

League Cup: Quarter Final loss To Rangers

SPL: Goals scored 69 Conceded 43

All Competitions: G.S 98 Conceded 57

Finished Second Top Scoring team in the SPL Celtic were first

My Top 3 Scorers are

Clarkson:20 (AC)

McGarry:15 (AC)

Smith:13 (AC)

The Tactic I used was Piranha Final V6.

Transfers In:

Fabio (Man Utd) Loan

Daniel Estrada (Real Soc) 85k

N'Gossan (ASEC) 45k

Out:

Wilson (York) 20k

Sutton (Norwich) 140k

Saunders (St.Mirren) 28k

McHugh (Sheff Wed) 60k

Lets bring on the next season :)

Gerrard, Moutinho, Arteta, Fabregas, Deco, Lampard, Cahill.

Deco, Lampard and Gerrard are too old.

I was thinking more of the following:

De Rossi, Toulalan, Kaka and Montolivo

Who would be better from these... Can you rate them from 1 to 4 with 1 being the most effective in your tactic and 4 being the least effective in the MC position of your tactic.

Thanks

Tyler. I've managed to get hold of Marquinhos and Aguero so perhaps I will do better in Europe with Juventus this time.

For other posters, I don't think that Tyler really can be the person to choose your players for you, and certainly not 'rank' them in order?! You have to do some things on your own!

Remember what Tyler says as well, you have to give this tactic time to work home and away, sometimes 20 or so games. Persevere!

Carlos

Tyler. I've managed to get hold of Marquinhos and Aguero so perhaps I will do better in Europe with Juventus this time.

For other posters, I don't think that Tyler really can be the person to choose your players for you, and certainly not 'rank' them in order?! You have to do some things on your own!

Remember what Tyler says as well, you have to give this tactic time to work home and away, sometimes 20 or so games. Persevere!

Carlos

Mine is working wonderful... Only lost 1 game in 4 seasons in Serie A...

I just wanted to know what type of MC is needed as I have to sell Sissoko due to his poor longshots...

Kaka is an attacking MC (More AMC than MC) as well as Montolivo, Toulalan is an all round player, De Rossi is a more defensive player....

I wasn't asking based on stats or anything... I was simply asking based on what type of player is required in the MC spot i.e. defensive, all rounder, attacking

Deco, Lampard and Gerrard are too old.

I was thinking more of the following:

De Rossi, Toulalan, Kaka and Montolivo

Who would be better from these... Can you rate them from 1 to 4 with 1 being the most effective in your tactic and 4 being the least effective in the MC position of your tactic.

Thanks

de rossi all the life!!

...or essien....

de rossi all the life!!

...or essien....

Yes actually I was thinking of him (De Rossi)... He has very good attributes as suggested in the OP. He is great defensively and good (there are better) when attacking.

Now the mission is to bring him to Juventus seeing Roma is a major rival :D I will try to unsettle him as he is interested in joining ;)

What about Luca Cigarini?

3 seasons with me and he has scored 20 goals so about 7 a season. He has been so impressive that when he wanted to move, i offered him £145,000 a week for a one year deal which he accepted. I want de rossi but he's 32 and i'm not spending £30million on him.

Hi...gotta say its an awesome tactic, went the whole season unbeaten with my united team in 2011/12 season winning league, fa cup and champions league...seems to get alot more goals from all over the pitch than previous tactics, i think one of my strikers got 20+ goals and had quite a few players 10+...will see how it goes with a full second season...how do i post pics up by the way?