[Spain] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

Been scheduled a Copa Del Rey match whilst the 2022 World Cup is going on and the league is on hold, not sure what the case is IRL but I would assume the Cup would be delayed just like the league?

image.thumb.png.d0c6a85ae43bc9b0b1a4250fe38b72b1.png

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, cornwallgunner said:

Playing Deportivo 

Won 2B Group 1 by 9 points

Won 2B Promotion Stage by 16 points 

But the bottom 3 got promoted (4th, 5th & 6th) and have to enter playoffs? - Don't get it?

Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 18.57.38.png

Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 19.00.59.png

That is not a mistake. Those teams were promoted to Primera División RFEF a new division for next season. This new division will be the new "Segunda B". Those teams will stay in the third tire of Spanish football. They were not promoted to Second Division. But you still can, if you manage to win next 2 rounds of playoff against teams from the other 5 groups.

Edited by augusto_dg

29 minutes ago, augusto_dg said:

That is not a mistake. Those teams were promoted to Primera División RFEF a new division for next season. This new division will be the new "Segunda B". Those teams will stay in the third tire of Spanish football. They were not promoted to Second Division. But you still can, if you manage to win next 2 rounds of playoff against teams from the other 5 groups.

Got it - won the promotion play off - Spanish Segunda B is confusing set-up with groups in groups and 3 stages

FM21 does suggest though that those teams staying in the new division were promoted to the second tier league Segunda

Edited by cornwallgunner

The Professional League Association (LFP) that manages LaLiga (First division) and Segunda (Second division) implemented a Salary cap inspired in the NBA model in 2013. Seven years later this is not included in FM.

http://lajugadafinanciera.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/limite-salarial-la-liga-2020-2021-primera-division-1.jpg

http://lajugadafinanciera.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/limite-salarial-segunda-2020-2021-1.jpg

These values can be modified during the season depending on additional income generated by the club.

https://www.laliga.com/transparencia/gestion-economica/limite-coste-plantilla

Happy to help you to implement the salary cap if you need help, just contact me.

Edited by noincophydr

15 hours ago, Arla2002 said:

I find it very strange that no one from Sports Interactive will even comment about our posts regarding the salary cap in the two highest divisions in Spain. Why is that?

Can you link me to these posts please? As I'm sure you've noticed, there are a lot of posts in a lot of different forums and while we're doing our best, it's easy for posts to get overlooked.

5 minutes ago, Stephen Glennon said:

Can you link me to these posts please? As I'm sure you've noticed, there are a lot of posts in a lot of different forums and while we're doing our best, it's easy for posts to get overlooked.

You have one post on the salary cap precisely just above the one you just wrote. :onmehead:

Edited by noincophydr

On 13/11/2020 at 16:55, Arla2002 said:

Hi!
Is it a bug or have you deliberately chosen not implement the "salary cap" in La Liga 1 & 2? Here are the numbers for the previous season:

https://www.laliga.com/transparencia/gestion-economica/limite-coste-plantilla

Here is a bit more information about the numbers, that includes salaries and the amount that can be spent on transfers and how it's calculated:

https://football-finance.com/la-liga-salary-cap-season-2019-2020/

This should be a key addition to the game since this method actually works in contrast to UEFA's flawed FFP-system.

Here is another from the first page of this thread.

1 hour ago, Stephen Glennon said:

Can we also address the issue on the B teams for Spanish leagues. We should be able to freely move players between first and second team as long as they are under 23, currently this seems to be configured for only under 19 players

On 18/11/2020 at 11:52, aboudiaby said:

Hi!

I see this one got raised already but no response so far.

The B teams in Spain are totally bugged. You should be able to roam the players between first and second team as long as they are U-23. For instance, several clubs have youngsters training with them and playing on the B team, but this is not possible in FM21, they can only do this if they are U-19 which doesn't reflect the reality and is not accurate.

Do you have a source for this? Our understanding is that movement should be quite restricted between A and B teams.

47 minutes ago, Stephen Glennon said:

Do you have a source for this? Our understanding is that movement should be quite restricted between A and B teams.

https://www.rfef.es/sites/default/files/pdf/circulares/RG 1314.pdf

Page 52 art.116 ap. 2 :

ORIGINAL:

2. Un futbolista podrá estar inscrito en un solo equipo de un club, sin posibilidad de ser dado de baja y alta por el mismo en el transcurso de la misma temporada, salvo caso de fuerza mayor o disposición reglamentaria. Asimismo, en el trascurso de la temporada, no podrá estar inscrito y alinearse en más de tres distintos. Como excepción a la regla anterior, estará permitido que futbolistas de fútbol y fútbol sala de un mismo club, sean alineados en ambas competiciones, indistintamente, siempre que los partidos se disputen en días diferentes, sin necesidad de cambiar de licencia, siempre y cuando cumplan con la reglamentación FIFA a este respecto.

TRANSLATION: 

2. A footballer may be registered with only one team of a club, without the possibility of being discharged from the team during the same season, except in the case of force majeure or statutory provisions. Likewise, during the course of the season, he may not be registered with more than three different clubs. As an exception to the above rule, footballers and futsal players of the same club are allowed to be lined up in both competitions, without distinction, provided that the matches are played on different days, without the need to change their licence, as long as they comply with FIFA regulations in this respect.

and a clarifying example: Vinicius Jr. 2019 ;-)

image.png.f8f6ddc024d1edb9e7df643867e005f1.png

Edited by Darien

1 minute ago, Stephen Glennon said:

Right, well, my honest answer on this is that I don't know why this isn't in the game, but rest assured that I'm doing my best to find out.

Thank you Stephen, it has been going on for many years and we have been claiming it. It's one of the reasons why you will see few Spaniards playing with Spanish teams.  It's too creaky for us and it's not real. I hope it gives you time to fix it for the launch on the 24th

Thank you.

I'm playing in the newly created 3rd tier in the 22/23-season. I have met the squad rules which means I have registred 22 players which is maximum. Although, I can't give my U19-players (who doesnt require registration) a squad number when lined up for a match.  (My backup goalkeeper got injured and I'm just having a youngster on the bench).

Last season the youngsters automatically got numbers 23, 24, 25 etc, but now it's not happening and the "Squad numbers not assigned"-popup keeps showing up. 

3 hours ago, Darien said:

Page 52 art.116 ap. 2 :

ORIGINAL:

2. Un futbolista podrá estar inscrito en un solo equipo de un club, sin posibilidad de ser dado de baja y alta por el mismo en el transcurso de la misma temporada, salvo caso de fuerza mayor o disposición reglamentaria. Asimismo, en el trascurso de la temporada, no podrá estar inscrito y alinearse en más de tres distintos. Como excepción a la regla anterior, estará permitido que futbolistas de fútbol y fútbol sala de un mismo club, sean alineados en ambas competiciones, indistintamente, siempre que los partidos se disputen en días diferentes, sin necesidad de cambiar de licencia, siempre y cuando cumplan con la reglamentación FIFA a este respecto.

TRANSLATION: 

2. A footballer may be registered with only one team of a club, without the possibility of being discharged from the team during the same season, except in the case of force majeure or statutory provisions. Likewise, during the course of the season, he may not be registered with more than three different clubs. As an exception to the above rule, footballers and futsal players of the same club are allowed to be lined up in both competitions, without distinction, provided that the matches are played on different days, without the need to change their licence, as long as they comply with FIFA regulations in this respect.

and a clarifying example: Vinicius Jr. 2019 ;-)

image.png.f8f6ddc024d1edb9e7df643867e005f1.png

You are confused. The Article you quoted authorises clubs that have both a Football and a Futsal team to field Futsal players in the football team. This is a strange rule and does not affect FM because futsal is not modelled in the game.

Firstly, this is the official current version of the Competition Rules

https://www.rfef.es/sites/default/files/pdf/reglamento_general_version_septiembre_2020.pdf

Some takeaways:

Article 108.1 establishes that Spanish teams can a dependent/affiliate club in each category of the pyramid, but only one in each category. It is my understanding that because of the way FM is programmed, you could have for example Villareal B and C or Sevilla B and C playing in the same division, should the C teams be promoted, which is not correct.

Article 108.2 Forces any club that has a B team to also have a U19 team. (Does FM check for this?)

Article 227 is about the line-up of players belonging to dependent (B, C, U19) teams.

-          Players can play for a superior team. For example, C players could play for B or A teams, B players only for A team. (FM has troubles with C team)

-          Only U23 players can be lined-up in the A team. Exception: goalkeepers must be U25. (Goalkeeper rule is not included in FM).

Note:   In FM19, once a player plays 10 matches for the superior team, he cannot be moved back to the lower team. This is wrong for B and C teams, but valid for affiliated clubs. Therefore, it was wrongly implemented in previous FM versions.

Article 228.3. In competitions which are NOT the league tournaments, a maximum of 6 players form the affiliated teams can be fielded. This is wrongly implemented in FM, which has a limit of 6 B players for the league competition and no restrictions for Copa del Rey neither Copa Federación.

Article 230. An Non-EU player of an affiliated club can only play for a superior team if this team a free Non-EU slot in the squad, and only up to Non-EU limit of each competition. (Not implemented in FM).

Article 121: Maximum squad size:

Primera and Segunda: 25

Segunda B and Tercera: 22 of which a maximum of 16 O23 players.

As always, I am happy to help to get the Spanish competitions right. So far we have the current critical issues:

-          TV money amount obsolete.

-          TV money pot split is not correct.

-          C teams are not allowed to play in the same division as B or A teams.

-          The innovative salary cap implemented in 2013 (and that FIFA is considering implementing worldwide as one of the options to curb crazy wage budges and ensure financial sustainability of the clubs) has never been translated into FM after seven years. This is a major game flaw, and it hurts specially to see the great effort put into modelling the MLS rules in comparison with the little attention given to LaLiga.

I hope this sheds some light in the issues we are experiencing in the Spanish competitions in FM.

Edited by noincophydr

3 hours ago, Stephen Glennon said:

The rules are in the page 121 of the following link - Article 227:

image.thumb.png.6ce93205eeafab289f774b7c4946146e.png

I basically says that U23 players from dependent clubs (B teams in Spain) can be lined up on a superior category and return without limitations

3 minutes ago, noincophydr said:

You are confused. The Article you quoted authorises clubs that have both a Football and a Futsal team to field Futsal players in the football team. This is a strange rule and does not affect FM because futsal is not modelled in the game.

Firstly, this is the official current version of the Competition Rules

https://www.rfef.es/sites/default/files/pdf/reglamento_general_version_septiembre_2020.pdf

Some takeaways:

Article 108.1 establishes that Spanish teams can a dependent/affiliate club in each category of the pyramid, but only one in each category. It is my understanding that because of the way FM is programmed, you could have for example Villareal B and C or Sevilla B and C playing in the same division, should the C teams be promoted, which is not correct.

Article 108.2 Forces any club that has a B team to also have a U19 team. (Does FM check for this?)

Article 226 is about the line-up of players belonging to affiliated (B, C, U19) teams.

-          Players can play for a superior team. For example, C players could play for B or A teams, B players only for A team. (FM has troubles with C team)

-          Once a player plays 10 matches for the superior team, he cannot be moved back to the lower team. (Included, at least in FM19)

-          Only U23 players can be lined-up in the A team. Exception: goalkeepers must be U25. (Goalkeeper rule is not included in FM).

Article 228.3. In competitions which are NOT the league tournaments, a maximum of 6 players form the affiliated teams can be fielded. This is wrongly implemented in FM, which has a limit of 6 B players for the league competition and no restrictions for Copa del Rey neither Copa Federación.

Article 230. An Non-EU player of an affiliated club can only play for a superior team if this team a free Non-EU slot in the squad, and only up to Non-EU limit of each competition. (Not implemented in FM).

Article 121: Maximum squad size:

Primera and Segunda: 25

Segunda B and Tercera: 22 of which a maximum of O23 players.

As always, I am happy to help to get the Spanish competitions right. So far we have the current critical issues:

-          TV money amount obsolete.

-          TV money pot split is not correct.

-          C teams are not allowed to play in the same division as B or A teams.

-          The innovative salary cap implemented in 2013 (and that FIFA is considering implementing worldwide as one of the options to curb crazy wage budges and ensure financial sustainability of the clubs) has never been translated into FM after seven years. This is a major game flaw, and it hurts specially to see the great effort put into modelling the MLS rules in comparison with the little attention given to LaLiga.

I hope this sheds some light in the issues we are experiencing in the Spanish competitions in FM.

I dont think we should be looking into article 226 but 227 here. The B teams in Spain are dependent teams, not "filiales".

19 minutes ago, aboudiaby said:

I dont think we should be looking into article 226 but 227 here. The B teams in Spain are dependent teams, not "filiales".

You are correct, they have chosen the definitions unnaturally because filial comes from Latin "son". Traditionally in Spain a filial was the B team but I see that from a legal point of view it defined as follows:

Article 109 says that an affiliated club is essentially a somewhat independent club, with different board, even when the squad is controlled by the parent club. This is the case of Peralada and Girona FC. 

Article 110 establishes that a "dependent" club shares the board with the main team. This is the case of B and C teams. 

I have updated my previous post accordingly.

Again, in a non-legal conversation, normal people would use the traditional word "filial" for both kinds of clubs, the words that have chosen for the legal rules is not the most intuitive choice in my opinion.

Edited by noincophydr

6 minutes ago, noincophydr said:

You are correct, they have chosen the definitions unnaturally because filial comes from Latin "son". Traditionally in Spain a filial was the B team but I see that from a legal point of view it defined as follows:

Article 109 says that an affiliated club is essentially a somewhat independent club, with different board, even when the squad is controlled by the parent club. This is the case of Peralada and Girona FC. 

Article 110 establishes that a "dependent" club shares the board with the main team. This is the case of B and C teams. 

I have updated my previous post accordingly.

Again, in a non-legal conversation, normal people would use the traditional word "filial" for both kinds of clubs, the words that have chosen for the legal rules is not the most intuitive choice in my opinion.

Yes, I'm aware of it LOL. In Spain everybody call them filial where in reality are dependent, the words in the rules could be adjusted better.

Hopefully they get this sorted for the full release

57 minutes ago, noincophydr said:

Note:   In FM19, once a player plays 10 matches for the superior team, he cannot be moved back to the lower team. This is wrong for B and C teams, but valid for affiliated clubs. Therefore, it was wrongly implemented in previous FM versions.

2276.a) "Los futbolistas podrán alinearse en cualquiera de los equipos que constituyen la cadena del patrocinador, siempre que hayan cumplido la edad requerida en la categoría y que se trate de un equipo superior al que estuvieren inscritos. Cuando se produzca la circunstancia prevista en el apartado anterior, el futbolista podrá retornar al club de origen salvo que hubiere sido alineado en el superior en diez encuentros, de manera alterna o sucesiva, en cualesquiera de las competiciones oficiales en que éste participe, sea cual fuere el tiempo real que hubiesen actuado."

https://www.larazon.es/deportes/que-implica-que-el-real-madrid-haya-inscrito-a-rodrygo-y-vinicius-con-el-castilla-GC24266415/

https://iusport.com/art/84242/la-norma-que-permite-el-caso-de-mollejo-jugar-en-menos-de-24-horas-con-primer-equipo-y-filial

Are you saying this rule about 10 games, shouldn't be in game? I think it's preety valid as it is.

14 minutes ago, Zoiberg said:

2276.a) "Los futbolistas podrán alinearse en cualquiera de los equipos que constituyen la cadena del patrocinador, siempre que hayan cumplido la edad requerida en la categoría y que se trate de un equipo superior al que estuvieren inscritos. Cuando se produzca la circunstancia prevista en el apartado anterior, el futbolista podrá retornar al club de origen salvo que hubiere sido alineado en el superior en diez encuentros, de manera alterna o sucesiva, en cualesquiera de las competiciones oficiales en que éste participe, sea cual fuere el tiempo real que hubiesen actuado."

https://www.larazon.es/deportes/que-implica-que-el-real-madrid-haya-inscrito-a-rodrygo-y-vinicius-con-el-castilla-GC24266415/

https://iusport.com/art/84242/la-norma-que-permite-el-caso-de-mollejo-jugar-en-menos-de-24-horas-con-primer-equipo-y-filial

Are you saying this rule about 10 games, shouldn't be in game? I think it's preety valid as it is.

It should only be in the game for affiliated teams, not for dependent teams. At first, I thought the rule was valid as you do, but if you read carefully articles 109 and 110 you will see the difference between a dependent team (B, C) and an affiliated club (e.g. Basconia, Perelada). Thefore at the end @aboudiaby was correct. They have chosen confusing wording to define what a "filial" is. Apparently, FIFA forced RFEF in 1990 to make this distinction.

Edited by noincophydr

17 minutes ago, Zoiberg said:

Yes, I believe that rule only applies to the teams that are considered "Filial". These are the teams that are kind of independent (their own board, tshirt and so on) but have an agreement with a certain club to be their filial. This cases are Peralada and Girona like he said, and Basconia and Athletic believe it will be the same (we would need to check this out). But the relationship between Athletic and Athletic B (Bilbao Athletic) and Osasuna and Osasuna B is not "filial" but dependent team. Which is covered in the article 227.

Journalists in these two links are confused because in Spain we call filial to that teams (athletic b and osasuna B for example) but this in the rules they are referred as dependent and this creates a lot of confusion. Both webs are refering to the article 226 wrongly. If you notice, in iusport article there is a comment saying this and providing the example of Oihan Sancet last year, that played 19 games for the first team and also played in the playoffs with the second team at the end of the season:

image.thumb.png.d8e9c2c8c90465eef18f9a54e2a95179.png

https://www.deia.eus/athletic/2020/07/18/bilbao-athletic-queda-subir-segunda/1053197.html

Edited by aboudiaby

And yes, there is as well a restriction of maximum 4 players registered in the second team playing simultaneoulsy. If you ever put 5 of them in the field you will get the match lost by the competition jury. You can check the case of Alcorcon this year, that got their game with Zaragoza given as lost because of that reason:

https://www.marca.com/futbol/segunda-division/2020/10/14/5f872fb1268e3e7c668b4615.html

There is an exception this year on certain Covid cases but this is probably irrelevant for the game

2 minutes ago, aboudiaby said:

And yes, there is as well a restriction of maximum 4 players registered in the second team playing simultaneoulsy. If you ever put 5 of them in the field you will get the match lost by the competition jury. You can check the case of Alcorcon this year, that got their game with Zaragoza given as lost because of that reason:

https://www.marca.com/futbol/segunda-division/2020/10/14/5f872fb1268e3e7c668b4615.html

There is an exception this year on certain Covid cases but this is probably irrelevant for the game

This is already reported to SI.

En 12/11/2020 a las 9:32, pejocho dijo:

The TV league contract doesn't seems to be updated. Since 3 or 4 years ago, the Spanish league has a sistem that gives the TV league money by:

50% money base

25% depending of league position

25% reputation, fans attendance... 

By the way, this is the money given in the 2018/2019 season:

spacer.png

Official source:

https://www.laliga.com/transparencia/gestion-economica/derechos-audiovisuales

And the amount of the money differences by league position:

spacer.png

Total amounts:

In the 17/18 season: 1.325,8M 

In the 18/19 season: 1420,4M

We can suppose that the total amount in the 20/21 season could be (without covid effects) :1.609,6M

Apart of that, there is a relegation-help:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.marca.com/futbol/primera-division/2020/07/15/5f0da454ca474155298b45c7.html

This money-help is based by total income of the last 5 years, TV income of the last 5 years, and years of first-division-maintenance. For example, Espanyol received 30M this season just by this money-help. 

The second division is very similar, but with different percentages:

70% money base

15% depending of league position

15% reputation, fans attendance... 

And a relegation-help of 1,38M.

hace 9 horas, Stephen Glennon dijo:

Hey Stephen, the new TV contract system of money prizes is very important, it was implemented a few years ago, but it is not implemented in Fm21 yet, despite of Bundesliga or the Premier league both have theirs personalised TV contracts system of money prizes. 

I have quoted my message of the first page. 

@Stephen Glennon

Edited by pejocho

I have read an interview of Miles where he said that Spain is a country that can have potential to grow the fan base, as well as it has a lower amount of Fm21 fans that other similar countries. Maybe one reason can be that the league has not been updated since a few years ago in terms of TV money contract, wage club limits of the league, wages and release clauses of the players... 

9 hours ago, Stephen Glennon said:

This my first post about it:

A question from me why you guys don't answer:

Another of my posts about it:

Another user's post about it:

Another post about it:

For us that likes to play the game as real as possible it seems very peculiar that your team have missed such an important part of the rules in La Liga. And as one user stated above - these rules regarding the salary cap have been in place since 2013...

Edited by Arla2002
Added one more link

25 minutes ago, pejocho said:

I have read an interview of Miles where he said that Spain is a country that can have potential to grow the fan base, as well as it has a lower amount of Fm21 fans that other similar countries. Maybe one reason can be that the league has not been updated since a few years ago in terms of TV money contract, wage club limits of the league, wages and release clauses of the players... 

Beyond fleshing out all the bugs, if Miles wants more Spaniards to buy the game, in my opinion the key is to add the lower divisions of the pyramid: Third Division and Preferente. It is a big task but it would bring £££££, because Spanish football fans love to play with their little town clubs. It could be done in two years, first the Third Division, and if SI feels there is an increment of the sales as I forecast, then Preferente the next year.

Edited by noincophydr

3 hours ago, noincophydr said:

Additional competition rules for Primera and Segunda:

https://www.rfef.es/sites/default/files/pdf/documento_escaneado_8_removed.pdf

10.2 At least 7 players of the line-up must belong to the main squad.

10.4 Only 4 players from dependent or affiliated teams can be playing simultaneously in the field.

3 hours ago, aboudiaby said:

The maximum four players from "second teams" rule also applies to 2B and Tercera competitions:

https://www.rfef.es/sites/default/files/pdf/normas_reguladoras_bases_competicion_segundab_tercera.pdf (Art 11.3)

6 hours ago, gurkburk said:

I'm playing in the newly created 3rd tier in the 22/23-season. I have met the squad rules which means I have registred 22 players which is maximum. Although, I can't give my U19-players (who doesnt require registration) a squad number when lined up for a match.  (My backup goalkeeper got injured and I'm just having a youngster on the bench).

Last season the youngsters automatically got numbers 23, 24, 25 etc, but now it's not happening and the "Squad numbers not assigned"-popup keeps showing up. 

Yep, also having this issue and holidaying past the game is the only way to continue.

On 18/11/2020 at 09:21, LorenzoFM said:

Same here. U-19 players should not need to be registered, but in fact if you don't register them , they won't be able to play "Copa Federación"  for a team in "Segunda Divisón B" which I think is like a Spanish "Copa del Rey". So this is a 2 in 1 bug. Apart from that you can't give them numbers ( I Had to use automatic numbering), those U-19 not registered/inscribed won't be able to play Federation Cup (Copa Federacion)

FM Bug01.jpg

FM Bug02.jpg

On 18/11/2020 at 10:29, LorenzoFM said:

Another error here:

1 -When playing RFEF CUP (Copa Federación in Spanish League 2nd División B) we should be able to set up to 9 substitute players at bench, but in actual game we are only allowed to have 5 substitutes (5 players at bench).

2- Apart from that, we should be able to make up to 5 substitutions in a match, but we only are allowed to make 3 interruptions of the match to make subs. So 5 players could be substituted but in 3 interruptions.

Here you can read the rules about it (Page nr6) :

https://www.rfef.es/sites/default/files/pdf/normas_reguladoras_bases_competicion_torneos_rfef.pdf

@Freddie Sands@Stephen Glennon please have a look at this. Thank u !

On 17/11/2020 at 13:56, Txini_Aguirre said:

This also happen in the second league round in each level Promotion to 2nd Division, Promotion to 2ªB Pro and Relegation, you are playing against everyone instead of the correct teams from the other subgroup

This one is important and I think it was inadvertently overlooked. 

A couple of things I saw.

1) Osasuna got relegated and Osasuna Promesar were promoted to LaLiga Smartbank and they shouldn't be able to play in the same level.
2) The new league system is not well implemented, nor named. It should be as follows

1. LaLiga Santander
  2. LaLiga Smartbank
  3. Primera Division RFEF (2 groups of 20 teams, north and south)
  4. Segunda División RFEF (4 groups of 20 teams, like the current 2ªDivisión B)
  5. Tercera División RFEF (18 groups of 20 teams, like the current Tercera División, I guess this is not implemented in the game, as in previous games, even if it is something we all want to have)

9 hours ago, Yespy13 said:

A couple of things I saw.

1) Osasuna got relegated and Osasuna Promesar were promoted to LaLiga Smartbank and they shouldn't be able to play in the same level.
2) The new league system is not well implemented, nor named. It should be as follows

1. LaLiga Santander
  2. LaLiga Smartbank
  3. Primera Division RFEF (2 groups of 20 teams, north and south)
  4. Segunda División RFEF (4 groups of 20 teams, like the current 2ªDivisión B)
  5. Tercera División RFEF (18 groups of 20 teams, like the current Tercera División, I guess this is not implemented in the game, as in previous games, even if it is something we all want to have)

Segunda RFEF will have 90 teams in five groups of 18 teams.

I don´t think that they will add Tercera RFEF to FM21, however they should add additional latent teams to Tercera División Groups to ensure that the new format of Segunda RFEF is sufficiently fed by teams and in order to manage the promotions/relegations of the following seasons...

hace 3 horas, noincophydr dijo:

Segunda RFEF will have 90 teams in five groups of 18 teams.

I don´t think that they will add Tercera RFEF to FM21, however they should add additional latent teams to Tercera División Groups to ensure that the new format of Segunda RFEF is sufficiently fed by teams and in order to manage the promotions/relegations of the following seasons...

You are right, it's 5 groups of 18 teams.

• SI Staff
On 21/11/2020 at 14:58, sparkyman said:

I think there is a problem with assist. The game is not counting them, I have been 1 season in Barcelona and haven't seen any assist being recorded on the matches 

image.png.3efd315ba127c145df5b385b7f234a0d.png

Could you please post this in the All Other Gameplay forum? This is a league specific forum for issues to do with the Spanish leagues and their rules.

16 hours ago, Yespy13 said:

The second and third kits of Deportivo Alavés should be swapped, the black one is the third and the red/white/blue one is the second.

Could you please post this in the Spanish data forum? This is a league specific forum for issues to do with the Spanish leagues and their rules.

Thanks

On 14/11/2020 at 02:10, Eduparce said:

Technically, the league rule allows 22 players in the squad, and their numbers are between 1 and 22.

Whatever, Copa del Rey allow list U-19 players in their matches.

The problem occurs in the prematch when I must give a number to the U-19 player but I only can assing numbers between 1 and 22 (same as your squad in the league) but I can't unaling the player or continue to the match.

In my opinion I could assing numbers like 27,30... like in other Spanish leagues for these matches.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

I sign a free-agent player in november, for the league rules I can remove a player on the squad list and add him, but previous error occurs, I can't change the number list, dropping a number for the removed player and give it at the new player.

Only can have 22 numbers in the list, can't drop the number for downgrading a player for the U-19 squad and add new free agents because can not give him a number in their first game prematch.

It was solved very well.

Thank you

Promotion is an absolute mess in my game in the third tier too.

Seemingly there are tons of mini leagues and the top three go into a promotion league group which makes sense.

The fourth place team goes into a playoff group where I presume the winner should get a playoff spot.. yet somehow two of these teams who finished fourth in the initial stage go up automatically while the promotion group are battling out for one playoff spot between the six top teams. So we're about to have two teams going up with 30 points after 25 odd games yet teams with nearly 60 points will miss out.

No chance this is correct

16 minutes ago, He can't believe he's missed it said:

Promotion is an absolute mess in my game in the third tier too.

Seemingly there are tons of mini leagues and the top three go into a promotion league group which makes sense.

The fourth place team goes into a playoff group where I presume the winner should get a playoff spot.. yet somehow two of these teams who finished fourth in the initial stage go up automatically while the promotion group are battling out for one playoff spot between the six top teams. So we're about to have two teams going up with 30 points after 25 odd games yet teams with nearly 60 points will miss out.

No chance this is correct

I'm now beyond confused, Seemingly Salamanca and Ferrol have been given a straight promotion to the Segunda while the top three now have to go through 4/5 rounds of playoffs for the final spot?

depor playoffs.PNG

5 hours ago, patpul said:

@He can't believe he's missed itIt was expained by @augusto_dg just a few post above. They haven't been promoted to Segunda but stayed at the same (third) level - "promoted" to the new Primera RFEF.

ah damn cheers, the message in the news said they were promoted and to the segunda and has a link to the segunda so I quit the game at that point 

So, now I have a question about promotion play-offs, alredy after change the league system.

First of all - are there alredy rules of promotion/relegation to/from Segunda Division RFEF (and all the new leagues)? Because in wiki I can read that:

Ascenso y descenso de categoría

Aún no está definido el número de cupos de ascenso ni de descenso, así como su formato.
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segunda_División_RFEF

In system impremented to FM21 should be (I think, and in the league phase rules it's written so so) that in promotion play-offs (from Segunda to Primera RFEF) plays three teams from every group (it's 15 teams) and the best brom fourth-placed (one team). So It should be 16 teams. Winners of first phase plays in the final and four winner of the final matches are promoted. But! But in the rules of play-offs there is written, that in the semi-finals plays 14 teams (seven pairs) and in the final eight (!).

So. I finished third in my group. The message I've got I can read, that I reached play-offs and... there isn't my team. Fourth placed in my group Cornella el Prat was the best from fourth-placed teams and they were playd play-offs, but not my team (If I would draw in my last match, I would finish fourth and reach play-offs as the best from fourth-placed teams, but I won :/ :D ) . Also Cadiz B, which finished third in group 4 didn't get promotion to play-offs. I think it's an issue and should be improved. Here you are the screenshots.

Patryk Pulikowski_ Dom.png

Patryk Pulikowski_ Inbox.png

Segunda División B Grupo 2_ Stages.png