[Spain] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

On 20/12/2020 at 16:32, andremengao said:

Hello there!

Please @Stephen Glennon, @FrazT, @Ed Hewison, etc. When will we be able to use our B players, according to the real life rules, in FM? We have been raising this issue for at least 4 years / editions of the game, including here ate the forums, and you do not pay attention or take care of it.

It affects the game experience in Spain too hard to be forgotten.

I would like please to have a proper answer, as I am a huge fan of you from SI and buy the game since CM series.

Myself and my colleagues @aboudiaby and @noincophydr are also eagerly waiting for a decent reply, an apology from SI and a effective due date for a real correction.

Many thanks and king regards.

Hello @Freddie Sands, any news about this serious bug, present for at least 4 years, since you changed the B teams to independent, but not following real life rules? I am not lying. Please check mine and other messages in the league specific forums for FM20, 19, 18 etc.

I've just got a in game message reply from Valeron, my B team manager, who recently joined Depor and is one of our icons, that he is not interested in renewing with Depor B, as is it not a favorite team for him. That's why we are saying that B team's system in Spain is completely broken and the game is not playable. He is not contracted to Depor B, Depor B is not a team. He joined Deportivo La Coruña, which is the team he is contracted to in real life.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please @Freddie Sands

Hi guys. 

i have played a season in Spain. and i think there is a BIG BUG.

for example: lot of teams send their players to BTEAMS. For example Messi plays some matches with b team. Is not realistic. I hope for the next patch, SI fixed this bug. 

IN SPAIN players over 23 years old ofthe first team cant play in B TEAMS. 

Please SI. FIX THIS BUG.

is horrible to see the career of greatfootball players like rodrygo or messi or aspas playing with b teams in Segunda B

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 04:43, nvr! said:

B team managers cannot manage their own friendlies if the A team manager is also human.

The friendly gets automatically assigned to the assistant manager whatever I do.

I've read through the Spain thread and not seen a response to this (apologies if i've missed it)...... I too added in a human manager for the B team of the A team that I'm currently managing. The A team manager cannot 'release' responsibilities to the B team manager. The B team manager cannot do much other than pick the team (which isn't a huge problem). What is a huge problem is that half of the responsibility options for me as the A team manager has disappeared. I always had my assistant sort out the media questions, for example. But now I keep having to go into media and select 'send assistant' manually because there is literally nothing available to me when I go through Staff -> Responsibilities -> Media. It's blank! I've since resigned as the B team manager to see if that would improve the situation but it won't. 

Another B team problem. We have still one match to play, but part of my playeresspaissu.thumb.png.101775ee36d4cad3f2afab8fa268e956.png are already on holyday :/ Ane it's just in my team. In other - A or B teams, which are in my group - all players are available.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/11/2020 at 02:09, Sainten said:

So, i am currently stuck, since i can't assign a number to my new player. 

Steps / Explanation:

Playing in spain as Betis (Real Hispalis)

Bought a player on the last day of the transfer window.

To register him, i had to remove a u19 player i had registered.

I then continue to the next match, select my new player.

(Cant remember the names), but i am going through the match day tactical stuff.

When i click go to briefing, i am asked to assign number for my new player. But no numbers is available, and i am stuck.

I tried to go to my squad and move the u19 player with the number to my b squad - no luck.

Tried to click auto numbers - no luck.

clear numbers the same - no luck.

Hope you got enough information, otherwise i will try my best to help further.

FM2021_bug.png

i have the same problem. can not use all numbers of the club or change them

• 2 weeks later...

I'm done with this. They boast about having the best realistic game when the treatment given to a Top 3 league in the world has these failings of utter disinterest. 

And then we have to read that "we take care of the details". It's infuriating.

3 hours ago, Darien said:

I'm done with this. They boast about having the best realistic game when the treatment given to a Top 3 league in the world has these failings of utter disinterest. 

And then we have to read that "we take care of the details". It's infuriating.

I couldn’t agree more with you! There is so much to repair in Spain for the creators. But no interest what so ever...

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

Yeah im getting the same figures in my game as this. Definitely a bug.

I think we've got this one - the new tax rules were added which kick in on 01/01/2021 but the previous ones deleted meaning until 01/01/21 no income tax is charged. So it should kick in in-game once you hit the new year.

Fixed now for next data update.

Thanks for the report

20 hours ago, Woodg SI said:

I think we've got this one - the new tax rules were added which kick in on 01/01/2021 but the previous ones deleted meaning until 01/01/21 no income tax is charged. So it should kick in in-game once you hit the new year.

Fixed now for next data update.

Thanks for the report

@Freddie Sands Are the problems with the registration for B-team solved in this update?

Edited by Arla2002

11 hours ago, Arla2002 said:

Are the problems with the registration for B-team solved in this update?

I doubt it. There's always a problem with Spanish B teams. Either the AI neglects to register players, or they have A team players over 23 playing in them.

It is really disappointing to see SI indifference to all these major bugs in the Spanish league. It is still unplayable and they simply ignore us. Customer Experience? Below zero. The registration bug for B Teams is there for more than three years in a row. Sad to see SI acting this way. Never buying the game again, after more than 20 years playing.

14 hours ago, andremengao said:

It is really disappointing to see SI indifference to all these major bugs in the Spanish league. It is still unplayable and they simply ignore us. Customer Experience? Below zero. The registration bug for B Teams is there for more than three years in a row. Sad to see SI acting this way. Never buying the game again, after more than 20 years playing.

Couldn’t agree more! It is really sad to see.

I played Spain for the first time (Eibar) and the minimum salary problem is ridiculous; $3600p/w minimum (I play with dollars)? That can't possibly be correct right?

Even for a La Liga team (a small one but still) it's a killer. And it can't possibly be correct because you have players already signed to smaller contracts on your team; it's only new contracts that appear to have that minimum. If this really applies to lower leagues in Spain it would make them completely unplayable.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 02/03/2021 at 13:38, woolymuffler said:

I played Spain for the first time (Eibar) and the minimum salary problem is ridiculous; $3600p/w minimum (I play with dollars)? That can't possibly be correct right?

Even for a La Liga team (a small one but still) it's a killer. And it can't possibly be correct because you have players already signed to smaller contracts on your team; it's only new contracts that appear to have that minimum. If this really applies to lower leagues in Spain it would make them completely unplayable.

The minimum salary should be $3,600 p/w (€155,000 p/a) if playing in dollars. This seems to be for any contracts signed after 2016 in the top league. In the Spanish Second Division, the minimum salary is $1,800 p/w (€77,500 p/a) if playing in dollars per week.

22 hours ago, Nechs said:

minimum salary fix please! unplayable game

The minimum salary seems to be correct for both of the leagues where it applies. This is a minimum salary of €155,000 p/a in the Spanish First Division and a minimum salary of €77,500 p/a in the Spanish Second Division.

• SI Staff
On 02/04/2021 at 10:32, J.wheats97 said:

I’m managing Valencia in La Liga and (got four other leagues on) but there seems to be no other domestic cup competitions to participate in? Not sure if I’ve just bugged it or what

Thanks for bringing this up. Could you please provide a save file using the instructions below and we'll take a look into it.

The minimum salary seems to be correct for both of the leagues where it applies. This is a minimum salary of €155,000 p/a in the Spanish First Division and a minimum salary of €77,500 p/a in the Spanish Second Division.

That is correct for the senior squad but I should be able to register players to u19 and B squads, and if those teams aren't competing in Second division the minimum wage shouldn't apply.

As someone said earlier B squads are full of players with wages under the limit and only run into the issue when renovating. In my playthrough I managed Malaga and at the end of season had to let go the whole C squad because I couldn't afford the 77k, but even worse since I managed to get promotion to First, now the same kids that weren't even worth 77k have to be paid 155k. Filling those 2 squads with about 20 players and then another 10 for the u19 would cost me 7.75M, that's 80% of my whole wage budget for first season. Even maintaining a single B squad will be a huge a huge burden at around 30% of the wage budget. 

Clearly I was a bit angry yesterday and didn't bother to explain but something isn't working right and it has already been pointed out many times in this thread, please fix it!    

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2021 at 06:56, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

The minimum salary should be $3,600 p/w (€155,000 p/a) if playing in dollars. This seems to be for any contracts signed after 2016 in the top league. In the Spanish Second Division, the minimum salary is $1,800 p/w (€77,500 p/a) if playing in dollars per week.

Huh, okay then. That seems really high, but if it's correct, it's correct. Odd to have 18 year-old ex-youth players making that much, but I guess you are supposed to be more selective about who you choose to sign to professional terms.

On 14/04/2021 at 10:49, Nechs said:

That is correct for the senior squad but I should be able to register players to u19 and B squads, and if those teams aren't competing in Second division the minimum wage shouldn't apply.

As someone said earlier B squads are full of players with wages under the limit and only run into the issue when renovating. In my playthrough I managed Malaga and at the end of season had to let go the whole C squad because I couldn't afford the 77k, but even worse since I managed to get promotion to First, now the same kids that weren't even worth 77k have to be paid 155k. Filling those 2 squads with about 20 players and then another 10 for the u19 would cost me 7.75M, that's 80% of my whole wage budget for first season. Even maintaining a single B squad will be a huge a huge burden at around 30% of the wage budget. 

Clearly I was a bit angry yesterday and didn't bother to explain but something isn't working right and it has already been pointed out many times in this thread, please fix it!    

There you go, I didn't express myself clearly, but it was more having a B team requiring that minimum wage that is the problem. Especially for a team like Eibar.

Edited by woolymuffler
grammar error

• SI Staff
On 25/04/2021 at 19:36, sbc1977 said:

My B team is in Spanish Second Division Pro A bit this division goes nowhere. Spanish Second division Pro B get promoted to the Spanish second division. My B team is therefore stuck. 

Are the Spanish Second Division/Spanish Second Division Pro A leagues you have loaded in game?

On 28/04/2021 at 12:05, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Are the Spanish Second Division/Spanish Second Division Pro A leagues you have loaded in game?

Yes all spanish leagues are loaded and playable

• SI Staff
On 01/05/2021 at 21:38, sbc1977 said:

Yes all spanish leagues are loaded and playable

Could you please upload your save file to the SI Cloud Server so that we can take a look at this? Thank you very much, instructions are attached below.

Not sure if anyone else has had this....

Promoted from segunda division b4 after winning league then play offs. All good. Then during pre season I got the sack! Thought it was a bit odd but fine. But when checking it seems that my team were promoted into Spanish pro B and it is not a playable league in my save. I have all Spanish leagues selected and no option to add more. Not sure if this is a bug or whatever but seems off that I can’t journey from the bottom to the top in Spain

On 04/05/2021 at 10:07, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Could you please upload your save file to the SI Cloud Server so that we can take a look at this? Thank you very much, instructions are attached below.

I have uploaded 

• Barcelona (v03).fm
  •  

Hello, i got an issue in my save with the new "Primera división RFEF" (or Second B PRO), which is tier 3 division betwen old 2nd B and Liga Smartbank. As shown on the image i'm sharing, it says 2 top teams will directly promote to Liga Smartbank and last 2 teams will be directly relegated to Segunda RFEF, and same with the other group of my division. But IRL only the 2 group winners promote directly, while the 2nd-5th of each group will go to play offs to promote. Also, there are 4 relegation places in each group, not 2, so it also affects Segunda RFEF, making the whole promotion/releagtion system much more limited and the leagues boring. 

8ec7f7095989b9e284217b199b95990a.png

Edited by Yavin

• SI Staff
On 08/05/2021 at 09:43, Taguey said:

Not sure if anyone else has had this....

Promoted from segunda division b4 after winning league then play offs. All good. Then during pre season I got the sack! Thought it was a bit odd but fine. But when checking it seems that my team were promoted into Spanish pro B and it is not a playable league in my save. I have all Spanish leagues selected and no option to add more. Not sure if this is a bug or whatever but seems off that I can’t journey from the bottom to the top in Spain

Do you have a save just before you get sacked? Could you please upload it to the SI Cloud Server using the instructions attached below:

11 hours ago, Yavin said:

Hello, i got an issue in my save with the new "Primera división RFEF", which is tier 3 division betwen old 2nd B and Liga Smartbank. As shown on the image i'm sharing, it says 2 top teams will directly promote to Liga Smartbank and last 2 teams will be directly relegated to Segunda RFEF, and same with the other group of my division. But IRL only the 2 group winners promote directly, while the 2nd-5th of each group will go to play offs to promote. Also, there are 4 relegation places in each group, not 2, so it also affects Segunda RFEF, making the whole promotion/releagtion system much more limited and the leagues boring. 

8ec7f7095989b9e284217b199b95990a.png

Just uploaded my save file, just in case.

• Javi Garcia - Algeciras.fm
Edited by Yavin

• SI Staff
On 08/05/2021 at 18:23, sbc1977 said:

I have uploaded 

• Barcelona (v03).fm
  •  

You may have to remove to lowest two Spanish leagues, and then re-add them once they have been fully removed in game as the third division does not appear to be active in your game even though the fourth is.  Do you have a save from the start of July which you might be able to upload in the same manner?

Thanks! 

• SI Staff
21 hours ago, Yavin said:

Just uploaded my save file, just in case.

• Javi Garcia - Algeciras.fm

Thanks, we've looked into this and it seems that the rules and league structure were not fully announced at the point at which were to fully implement the league. At the time we could only implement it based on our best interpretation of how the league will work.

59 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Thanks, we've looked into this and it seems that the rules and league structure were not fully announced at the point at which were to fully implement the league. At the time we could only implement it based on our best interpretation of how the league will work.

That's what i thought that happened, can't blame you at all since this whole season has been pretty confusing regarding the spanish divisions.

Do you plan to patch it? Also, is there any way i/you can modify the rules in my save so the next season will have the corrected system? I don't know if can use the pre-game editor to modify it and start a new save, but of course it would be much better if i can just continue with my save.

Thanks!

Edited by Yavin

On 10/05/2021 at 10:02, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Do you have a save just before you get sacked? Could you please upload it to the SI Cloud Server using the instructions attached below:

I have carried on with no save at that time. Not a problem now for me.  But odd that I can’t add the league. Also I don’t appear to have the new Primera division RFEF even though I am quite a few years into the game 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Taguey said:

I have carried on with no save at that time. Not a problem now for me.  But odd that I can’t add the league. Also I don’t appear to have the new Primera division RFEF even though I am quite a few years into the game 

Could you upload a save file to the SI Cloud Server in that case as you should be able to add all four divisions of the Spanish league after the first season in game. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello there, 

https://www.riazor.org/claves-primera-rfef-fichas-mercado-sustituciones-playoff-ascenso/

Crystal clear!

Hope to have that working for FM22. It's June yet. No excuses for a company of the size and quality of SI.

PS.: We need also to be allowed to use our B team players, like in real life. This is a bug from years with no solution until now from your side. 

Thanks.

I'm managing Athletic Bilbao in Spain, I'm in La Liga Santander and my B team is in La Liga Smartbank.

When my B team has a match, I get an email asking me which first team players I want to make available. The game knows those players have to be under 23 but it DOESN'T realize that they are not eligible to play for the B team if they've played 10 first team matches. So it lets me make them available and add them to the lineup but when the match gets played they're silently replaced by other available players in the B team squad.

I think this is a bug as the game should not allow me to add those ineligible players to the B team lineup.

On 21/12/2020 at 23:21, andremengao said:

Fantastic example, Vinicius and Oihan Sancet. This is real life. And within the game, you should be able to call up a registered B team player, under 23, even without moving him to A team, and just filtering B team players under the main squad selection screen. As I told you before, sometimes, in real life, you do not really "move" a player to A or B squad, you just call him up for a match, alongside other 20 players, for instance, if you are in need of him or short of effectives in some positions.

Please, @Stephen Glennon, check this point and return to us, with a due date.

You can also check mine and the other comments within these forums from FM 18, 19 and 20 regarding this subject.

It is a major bug and shall be corrected soon, even if it needs a dedicated patch.

I do not know if for people who have their B teams in active leagues, such as Segunda B, if they had to register their players and so are able to use them. But for the huge majority, where the B team is at a non league competition (Tercera, for instance), they can't use the B team players, as I am facing with Deportivo. If so, maybe a mechanism to force you to register the B team players, even for non active leagues, would probably solve the problem.

Thanks

Hello Guys from SI, any news regarding this?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm going to explain an issue that I can't solve. I coach Levante from the 1st Spanish Division. I have a B team and some of interessting youth with my "B Team". But the "B Team" are register on a different league with Real Madrid B, Barcelona B, etc... and it's called "Spanish Second Division Pro A and Pro B" and they don't have any matches for the 2021/2022 season. While the Spanish Second Division B (divided into several groups) seem to have a competition for the 2021/2022 season. 

Is there any solution to register Levante B (and possibly the others teams) for the Second Division B and delete the two competitions that appears from nowhere (Pro A and B) and that doesn't seem to be useful ? I uploaded some screens for a better view of the issue. 

Big thanks for your help 

image.thumb.png.316501cd181b2f8311b912e44be7080a.png

image.thumb.png.490d8aefed8e82308b3633f8dd88a9ad.png

image.thumb.png.006f01d4b37dc19b3355d6e3dc0cfdae.png

Hello,

These are the current rules for non-eu player registration in LaLiga :

Screenshot_20210718_032453.png.322e2d702efbfd65a2038ace053bb46f.png

Shouldn't England/Scotland/Northern-Ireland be added to the list aswell post-brexit ? As far as I understand it, nations that have an agreement with the EU are exempted from the non-eu limitation, and as of 01/05/2021 there is one with the UK .

On 18/07/2021 at 03:26, gosam said:

Hello,

These are the current rules for non-eu player registration in LaLiga :

Screenshot_20210718_032453.png.322e2d702efbfd65a2038ace053bb46f.png

Shouldn't England/Scotland/Northern-Ireland be added to the list aswell post-brexit ? As far as I understand it, nations that have an agreement with the EU are exempted from the non-eu limitation, and as of 01/05/2021 there is one with the UK .

According to this article players from the UK will be regarded as non-EU players.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/01/2021 at 16:38, Freddie Sands said:

Hi, this is logged and will be considered internally as a potential Feature Request for future versions - however design-wise I should clarify that we don't always implement salary caps that are used in represented leagues for various reasons (varying from lack of public information, to lack of information about enforcement/edge cases, and most commonly it not making enough of a difference to gameplay to warrant the implementation costs, etc.).

please note that the details of the Spanish Salary Cap can be found here:

https://files.laliga.es/pdf-hd/transparencia/normas-elaboracion-presupuestos-dic18_v3_en.pdf

Given the significant impact this budget has had on Spanish clubs for this the last 12 months and the future impact going foreward I think this needs to be review and implemented as I think this will have an impact on gameplay.