Constant Injury. Very boring

19 minutes ago, FrazT said:

As has been quoted many times on th forums, the injury module in the game reflects the statistical records from leagues around the world and indeed, is usually set slightly lower that those levels

Yeah. There are many injuries in such a short time, it ends up annoying us players over time. But anyway, we are adapting. :applause:

If you don't like injuries, you may want to adopt a lower intensity tactic, and set up your training schedule differently. I personally only use "get stuck in" when I'm in desperate need of possession. Otherwise, my players get told to stay on their feet. While I'm a fan of higher tempos, I only use them when my players have the stamina to handle it, and train them in endurance until that intensity bar is no longer red. My players also train at half intensity at 80-89% condition, and none below - though double at 90-100%. In the last season I had all of 12 injuries. Four of them were relatively serious, and three of them were obtained in matches where the other team was using gegenpress with a team that had virtually no tackling skill (I lost two in a single match whereas they lost 4). I hate it when the opposing team is that irresponsible and reckless. The other was a simple sprained ankle that took a month to heal. The other 8 were minor strains that went away in a couple days. Whenever it became available, I sent them to do general rehab, which prevents these injuries from being a more common occurrence.

If you're a big team with a big budget, and want to gegenpress, by all means do. Just ensure your players know how to tackle well, and know how to dive into tackles. Doing so will reduce the risk to your players as well as the opposition. If you're into a tight marking game, make sure their marking skills are very good, and they've learned how to tight mark, or you'll have collisions. If you're full time, check your training schedule. It may be pretty intense. Scheduling a lighter workload could help. Also, 1-2 recovery sessions per week should keep your players at low risk of injury.

An injury a week sounds like you're abusing your players.

1. Improve Medical Department. Hire the best Physiotherapists and Sport Scientists. 

2. Training - Rest tab - Bottom Right "Set physio recommendation" for every week. 

This will reduce your injuries a lot 

16 hours ago, Cadoni said:

1. Improve Medical Department. Hire the best Physiotherapists and Sport Scientists. 

2. Training - Rest tab - Bottom Right "Set physio recommendation" for every week. 

I just did it here in my game, I hope it gets better. Thank you

21 hours ago, Prepper_Jack said:

If you don't like injuries, you may want to adopt a lower intensity tactic, and set up your training schedule differently. I personally only use "get stuck in" when I'm in desperate need of possession. Otherwise, my players get told to stay on their feet. While I'm a fan of higher tempos, I only use them when my players have the stamina to handle it, and train them in endurance until that intensity bar is no longer red. My players also train at half intensity at 80-89% condition, and none below - though double at 90-100%. In the last season I had all of 12 injuries. Four of them were relatively serious, and three of them were obtained in matches where the other team was using gegenpress with a team that had virtually no tackling skill (I lost two in a single match whereas they lost 4). I hate it when the opposing team is that irresponsible and reckless. The other was a simple sprained ankle that took a month to heal. The other 8 were minor strains that went away in a couple days. Whenever it became available, I sent them to do general rehab, which prevents these injuries from being a more common occurrence.

If you're a big team with a big budget, and want to gegenpress, by all means do. Just ensure your players know how to tackle well, and know how to dive into tackles. Doing so will reduce the risk to your players as well as the opposition. If you're into a tight marking game, make sure their marking skills are very good, and they've learned how to tight mark, or you'll have collisions. If you're full time, check your training schedule. It may be pretty intense. Scheduling a lighter workload could help. Also, 1-2 recovery sessions per week should keep your players at low risk of injury.

An injury a week sounds like you're abusing your players.

Good tips. Thank you :applause:

I've managed LA Galaxy and all of my 3 designated players returned from international break with 4-6 months long injuries. 

It was only time i didn't saved something game throwed on me.

I just realised it's possible to add a column to the squad view, called "injury risk" or something (don't remember the exact wording and I don't have the game open now). 

It's great. Whenever I see someone marked as "high" I do a serious re-think "do I really need him for this game?". 

Helps with squad rotation. My injuries have plummeted after I started taking notice to this. 

18 minutes ago, Footix said:

I just realised it's possible to add a column to the squad view, called "injury risk" or something (don't remember the exact wording and I don't have the game open now). 

It's great. Whenever I see someone marked as "high" I do a serious re-think "do I really need him for this game?". 

Helps with squad rotation. My injuries have plummeted after I started taking notice to this. 

Indeed, I don't know if it's level of club related but you also should be getting an injury risk update before games to alert you to the same.

Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 14.26.20.png

On 28/06/2020 at 10:07, Footix said:

I did the same thing, it improves a little, but this game definitely has some problem with injuries, it is very high. :onmehead:

On 28/06/2020 at 10:27, Mercia said:

Indeed, I don't know if it's level of club related but you also should be getting an injury risk update before games to alert you to the same.

I am not reminded of this screen. Where do I set up to receive these updates? Do you know? ;)

6 hours ago, Darkonn said:

I did the same thing, it improves a little, but this game definitely has some problem with injuries, it is very high. :onmehead:

SI have confirmed that in their tests the injury count in game is about 80% what happens in real life. So it's not high, unless you are doing something wrong or have very injury prone players.

Another tip. Dont trust assistant made training schedules. Many times theres General training after a game first no recovery. Start week with recovery. 1-2 days between games assistant fill these many times with General training. Go for match prep like in real world.

2 hours ago, Pasonen said:

Another tip. Dont trust assistant made training schedules. Many times theres General training after a game first no recovery. Start week with recovery. 1-2 days between games assistant fill these many times with General training. Go for match prep like in real world.

One of the reason why I am doing training myself, is this.

I have seen AM doing "Physical" next day after the match (lol).

30 minutes ago, Cadoni said:

One of the reason why I am doing training myself, is this.

I have seen AM doing "Physical" next day after the match (lol).

Yep. Theres also full physical weeks in the middle of the season and if there happens to be 2 games.. its ouch.. even if there would only be 1 game why you want to risk it and make 1 extremely hard week when you can spread it and make 2 average weeks.

I use AM but still manually change shedule where I see fit. Day after a match is always recovery session and match review.

I don't think there is a issue with injuries. Those small injuries like 1-3 days probably don't even get reported in real life so you might think there is less injuries. And they are common and a little annoying but they are not so bad. The important thing is that there is no huge amount of more serious injuries that would stunt youn players growth or just make you lose impotant players of significant time.

I let my AM do my training (but I always stock up on good physios), and I have almost no injuries at all in any save. Feels a bit unrealistic and I'd appreciate the choice to add those extra 20% injuries to the game. 

I fail at every other aspect of the game, though, so:  I got 99 problems but injuries aint one.

Edited by Viking
Spelling is hard.

On 27/06/2020 at 16:59, Darkonn said:

I just did it here in my game, I hope it gets better. Thank you

I found the improved medical/sports scientists definitely helped, along with paying attention to scouting/coaching reports and not buying and/or selling players that are injury prone.

Also do you do the heavy first few weeks of preseason training thing to build up the endurance/strength/resistance and generally have a strong preseason program? That was the other thing that seemingly helped a lot and then once the season starts it's more tactical/technical/playing style training and simply let the matches serve to keep them physically good to go.

I let my assistant run training, though I set some players' individual training. We've had a 67% reduction in injuries the past season, so I hardly had any injuries at all.

I'd have to say, and others have touched on it more, but keeping a general level of fitness high is worth putting time into. 

Make sure your senior players who aren't getting much game time are playing for the U23's, so when they do need to come in they're not coming in at 50% sharpness. 

Have the best fitness coaches x2 and medical staff you can get or afford, you should always be aiming for best in division in all areas but those especially. 

I remember moving from a team I had managed for a long time to Newcastle in February, and I was shocked to find players their were jaded and in need of a rest, in February! I'd never had this ever at any stage of the season before, and it was 5/6 first team players at a time.

Emphasis on your fitness coaching staff and medical team really makes a big difference. 

As does resting for short, 2 day periods. A game 3 days after this one? I tend to rest anyone 70% or under condition so that they're 90% again come game day. It makes the world of difference in keeping your first team on the field for runs of tightly packed games. 

Sometimes you will just get shafted, multiple hard injuries at once, it can happen, as it can in real life. But I think if you pay attention to your fitness and medical teams you can mitigate this 99% of the time.  

12 hours ago, Pasonen said:

What are the essential attributes the Assistant Coach should have for a good training?

On 01/07/2020 at 04:03, XaW said:

SI have confirmed that in their tests the injury count in game is about 80% what happens in real life. So it's not high, unless you are doing something wrong or have very injury prone players

Only now that I read about this issue. Well then, SI is completely CRAZY, because nowhere in the world is there this absurd amount of injuries. I'm Brazilian, and we have the largest number of championships in the world, because unfortunately the leaders here (as well as the politicians) only think about money. Anyway, it's an error, bug, madness or whatever, but that high number of injuries shouldn't exist.

1 minute ago, Darkonn said:

Only now that I read about this issue. Well then, SI is completely CRAZY, because nowhere in the world is there this absurd amount of injuries. I'm Brazilian, and we have the largest number of championships in the world, because unfortunately the leaders here (as well as the politicians) only think about money. Anyway, it's an error, bug, madness or whatever, but that high number of injuries shouldn't exist.

What does your Medical Centre say though?

4 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

I have no idea what any of that means. I am talking about the medical centre.

This image is from the Medical Center (Risk Assessment or Injury Analysis). But if you're talking about the general, it's here...

Screenshot_36.thumb.jpg.8899400e633fdc8fe07798030b2a9c98.jpg

Detail: I just started the pre-season training, and on the second day of training 2 players were injured.

2 minutes ago, Darkonn said:

This image is from the Medical Center (Risk Assessment or Injury Analysis). But if you're talking about the general, it's here...

Screenshot_36.thumb.jpg.8899400e633fdc8fe07798030b2a9c98.jpg

Detail: I just started the pre-season training, and on the second day of training 2 players were injured.

Two players being injured isn't an issue.

When I go to start a game, the first thing I look at is the RISK OF INJURY column, whether high or high I substitute, but even so it doesn't work, the injuries are usually during training, and my load is not high.

Screenshot_37.thumb.jpg.01db7cece404e4ea4b066f6fe17de9fb.jpg

1 minute ago, Darkonn said:

When I go to start a game, the first thing I look at is the RISK OF INJURY column, whether high or high I substitute, but even so it doesn't work, the injuries are usually during training, and my load is not high.

Yes, and you don't have many players injured at all. The previous post showed 2 players. This one shows 1.

4 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Two players being injured isn't an issue.

That's because I just started the pre-season. Anyway, since the Championship Manager is like that, then it will not be now that this will change, it is adapting, having a slightly larger squad and praying for not having so many injuries.

Thanks to everyone, I got a lot of great tips. :applause:

Subject Closed :brock:

22 minutes ago, Darkonn said:

That's because I just started the pre-season.

Then the screenshot was useless. The fact is that there are a LOT less injuries in FM than real life. You don't seem to have any issues? Unless you can show your issues, it's difficult to advise anything. Being pre-season, players aren't fit or match fit, so that may lead to a little bit more injuries than normal. 

Look at your Medical Centre. They'll often advise you on injury rates...which should often be lower than expected. 

If anything else, we'd need specifics to advise you.

On 27/06/2020 at 08:10, Cadoni said:

Number 2 I never knew about and started using. Playing as spurs I was getting quite a few injuries and with a reasonably small squad it was a nightmare. But have noticed a massive improvement using this. I’m also holding off the high injury risk players where I can. But setting these rest schedule has been a huge help.