Manchester City is sanctioned by UEFA in the new update?

3 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

No, no lo es, no en el sentido de que sea definitivo. Todavía hay una apelación pendiente, por lo que la penalización puede ser menos severa o incluso retirarse por completo. 

I believe it can be sanctioned for breach of Fair Play.
 In case it was not in the update, can the editor be penalized?

2 hours ago, Gastofm said:

I believe it can be sanctioned for breach of Fair Play.
 In case it was not in the update, can the editor be penalized?

The punishment isnt in place yet. So, as it stands, its never going to be in the game. There will be appeals from Man City against the ban so until such times that it becomes official theres zero chance it will be in the game. 

1 hour ago, jimbo22 said:

The punishment isnt in place yet. So, as it stands, its never going to be in the game. There will be appeals from Man City against the ban so until such times that it becomes official theres zero chance it will be in the game. 

This:thup:

25 minutos atrás, Miravlix disse:

This seems weird, so some guy get charged with a crime and convicted, but you are saying that is fake because he/she filed an appeal?

I'm fairly sure as it STAND right now, Man City is BANNED, that is the FACT right now, whatever a future appeal change that is pointless until the appeal is successful. Even more insane is that Man City is CLEARLY convicted right now and hasn't even filed an appeal yet, so SI's ONLY argument should be that they couldn't get around to implementing it.

It's not fake, it's the law. If you can file an appeal to a sentence, the sentence is not definitive. Not even to mention the suspensive effect of an appeal, were the sentence is not carried until the appeal is resolved. In other words (and assuming they will procceed with this line of defense) Man City may be able to continue to play in the Champions League until a decision is made regarding the appeal.

41 minutes ago, tiotom92 said:

Yet Brexit was added to the game years ago despite nobody even knowing how it would affect football. Bizarre.

I and many others did consider that this was  strange decision, but it didn't set a precedent and the wait and see stance has been the norm.

1 hour ago, 99 said:

It's not fake, it's the law. If you can file an appeal to a sentence, the sentence is not definitive. Not even to mention the suspensive effect of an appeal, were the sentence is not carried until the appeal is resolved. In other words (and assuming they will procceed with this line of defense) Man City may be able to continue to play in the Champions League until a decision is made regarding the appeal.

No it's not the law.

If I kill you and get convicted for it, I am a murder, up until the second my appeal is successful, not when I file the appeal.

1 hour ago, Miravlix said:

No it's not the law.

If I kill you and get convicted for it, I am a murder, up until the second my appeal is successful, not when I file the appeal.

Two different standards though, in the legal system someone convicted of murder remains behind bars until such a time as they win an appeal while in football it's largely been a case of a punishment not taking effect until after an appeal; see the numerous times football clubs have been successful in taking appeals to CAS and therefore been able to trade in the next transfer window, allowing them to do their business ahead of time and mitigate the punishment.

1 hour ago, Miravlix said:

No it's not the law.

not to mention the fact that you're still in jail for the entire appeal process

1 hour ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Didn't Chelsea get a transfer ban at the start of FM2020 even thou they where waiting for the appeal process decision.

That's because the ban for at least one window was 100% being applied, which it was. As soon as the January ban was removed, SI removed it.

Hopefully for the next update they set it to random chance like they have before with Brexit and with transfer bans awaiting appeal. Something along the lines of 50% the appeal is rejected, 25% it's partially accepted and the ban reduced to one year, 25% the ban is totally revoked,

• 1 month later...