FM20 Brentford Team Guide - The Bees Are Buzzing

8 hours ago, warlock said:

Brilliant first season up in the PL. You and Chelsea were certainly "best of the rest". To me, that gap in GD is more noticeable than the gap in points. Either you're not scoring enough, conceding too many, or both. An improvement at either end of the pitch has got to be positive.

Yeah I will be looking at improving both parts. I might have to tweak my tactic a bit as well but I am very happy with 8th place in the Prem in my first season in the Prem.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

A cracking season to finish 8th, well done. Delighted to see 'my man' Baptiste performing excellently too.

No update from me yet, I play one fixture to every season you get through.

Yeah I know you like to take your time Jogo so don't worry buddy. I look forward to your update when you get chance to do them.

Hi,

Thanks for the information about the tactic.

Using a 442 with some success. I'm reaching December and I'm at 1st, with the same points as Fulham. But we are playing well and I think I will expect just wins! 

At start of season just bought Matias Jakobsen (playing at U23) and Vuskovic (and sent him in a loan).

For January already have confirmed Nicolas Madsen, for june Max Normann Williamsen. 

Also, Mokotjo will leave the club in february. 

Any suggestion of future transfer? For U23 or for next season at premiership? 

Regards. 

First season with Brentford complete and we eventually managed to overtake Fulham and clinch the title:

Av5nS0el.png?1

We managed to maintain our unbeaten record for 33 games, before eventually suffering a frustrating loss to Sheffield Wednesday in mid-February. We followed that with a disappointing month in March before eventually finding form again to the end of the season. Meanwhile, Fulham suffered a much greater collapse and we held them off to the finish line.

None of our forwards troubled the golden boot awards, but we spread the goals throughout the team and finished with the highest number of goals in the league. We were also solid at the back, with David Raya keeping 28 clean sheets.

Looking ahead, Dalsgaard and Mokotjo will be moved on, and Canos will be allowed to leave if we get a decent bid. Karelis will be allowed to leave as his contract expires. I'm not convinced by Mbeumo in any role, but my coaches rate him as a PL-standard forward so he'll be given another chance to show what he can do. Fosu went backwards from a Championship-standard winger to only L1 quality but he'll probably have to be loaned out since I don't see anyone matching his wages. I'm not sure about future signings - I don't want to make wholesale changes and I think we're good enough to avoid relegation, which is all that's required at this stage.

8 hours ago, pedromanuelpinto said:

Hi,

Thanks for the information about the tactic.

Using a 442 with some success. I'm reaching December and I'm at 1st, with the same points as Fulham. But we are playing well and I think I will expect just wins! 

At start of season just bought Matias Jakobsen (playing at U23) and Vuskovic (and sent him in a loan).

For January already have confirmed Nicolas Madsen, for june Max Normann Williamsen. 

Also, Mokotjo will leave the club in february. 

Any suggestion of future transfer? For U23 or for next season at premiership? 

Regards. 

Jude Bellingham, Cosimo Marco Da Graca, Issac Lihadji, Thiago Almada, Benjamin Seskso, Filip Brekalo and Aaron Hickey would be my recommendations.

Some you will be able to buy and others might be out of your price range @pedromanuelpinto but I would look at some of the threads in the good players/team guides forum, plenty of players reccomended if you look.

I started a Leeds save on the weekend to use the latest update and got promoted from the Championship as winners but Brentford went up as runners-up.

They were amazing. We went up with a points tally of 108 and they had a points tally of 106. There was a 30 point gap between us and the play-offs. We were like 2 heavy-weight boxers slugging it out!

If my Leeds save gets dull I'm tempted to start a save with Brentford.

Brentford Season 1:

Transfer Window:

A few loans for some younger players, as well as Tariq Fosu going on loan to Derby, I just don't see the need for another inside forward on the left hand-side in all honesty.

Ins:

477fb90b2144078b92f979d4072fd9c8a52c9f77

I've tried to be very "Brentford like" in my recruitment, I didn't really want to add much to the first team squad but I can't help myself on FM sometimes!!! :D

4f2b8c726108b0f614e72f5072dd81ddf2d636c5

Filip Brekalo, joins from Dinamo Zagreb as our most expensive of the window at just just over £1million, he's only 16 and I hope this will be a way of getting round home grown rules as I believe he'll be at the club for more than 3 years before his 21 birthday. Rico Henry, Marcus Forss and Ellery Balcombe are the others close that status.

4f573117be49ba8dea17f190d8cf7143387ef6e7

Nicolas Madsen, comes in from affiliate club Midget land or whatever they're called :lol:, I think he's well known on this thread so I'll skip over this one.

20a6e43c31e20ea0f3e33382b1f4043d50992531

Mathias Ross, a favourite of mine on FM 20, I signed him for Birmingham City and he was a great backup when needed and bags of potential

9e248af945708164a6ddef40809dd309dce3439f

Mattias Jakobsen, another guy known to many on this thread, we'll see what happens with this one

1821243459d17e6744cbc85d39c4df2c7539d43e

Jens Cajuste, brought in on loan for no wage contribution, there's an option to buy for £750,000

c6080b7d167d39d5afe3cb3b11d11dbdcc7dea4b

Another loanee, Tobias Christensen joins with an option to buy, he'll provide options should I change my formation

9a45ccacfbabb9641269013361e66d521f0c05ca

The big summer signing Jimmy, I think he's a great signing especially as a rotation option, fantastic attributes for the deep lying playmaker role.

So that's what we start the season with, ready for battle, tactic update to follow.

So after picked up this game a month ago and read this thread several weeks ago, I decided to give it a go with Brentford because of the uniqueness approach this club has in real life. With the dominance of Denmark/Scandinavian feeling about this set-up, I even play as Daniel Agger, because why not right :lol:

First season in Championship, it was really tough, had to change formations three time along the season, first 4-1-2-1-2 diamond, 4-1-4-1, then settled with 4-2-3-1; all with the same principle tho, just different combination. Because to make this save interesting, not only the recruitment that has philosophies, but I decided to install long term 'DNA' in our play style. Anyway, we managed to finish second, two points behind Fulham and a point ahead QPR (which were ahead of us before the final two games, they choke luckily!). I didn't expect a straight promotion in the first season, especially with our mid-season difficulties. 

Just to recap, this is what I did in the first season. Playing as Daniel Agger, I respect the staff without firing the key people like Philip Giles, Lee Sykes, and The assistant Brian Riemer. I even set the responsibilities for Phil Giles to initiate the transfer for our team and u23 team. Still I am the one who has final say about confirming the transfers though. This is what I did in first and second window. 

20200304230752_1.thumb.jpg.ce2c2769a1dddee7d6f4d30bd5fea47d.jpg

At the summer I signed :

• Benoit Badiashille for 3.1m. I thought he was a really great wonderkid. My scout recommended him and at that price I just thought about signing him eventhough I had four good centrebacks already (Pontus, Ennock, Janvier, Racic)
  • Toni Herrero for loan, 1.2m option to buy. I was looking at the left back department and not really sure about the backup option, so I looked at the Brentford way and find a youngster who cost peanuts and could join us for a dry loan without spending initially. He developed well eventhough playing as our 3rd LB, majority because Rico Henry decided to take an injury that put him 5-6 months in the sideline. 
  • Christian Ganea for 850k. A really bargain buy, I'm really proud at my scout. He was really good at the Championship level as a left wing back, and he was playing for our first team since Henry wasn't available for the majority of the season. 
  • Halil - not interested, was signed before me
  • Albert Lottin for 650k. 17 yo from Bordeaux and was really hyped by our scout. So I thought why not and decided to loan him back for the rest of the season. 
  • Josh Harrop for dry loan. Someone that brought in 'just-in-case'. He was transfer listed by Preston so I asked for a loan and they accepted it. Nothing major for our season. 
  • John Lundstram for 1.6m. With our midfield dominated by 'deep-lying-playmaker' like Mokotjo, Norgaard, Jenssen and the option for more dynamic mobile like Yearwood/Cole weren't really convinced me, I signed this FPL Lord by small fee and he played a key role for our midfield in 4231 alongside Norgaard. 
  • Lovro Majer for 400k loan fee. This is Phil Giles masterclass, signed him on loan for six months and played in vital role for our resurgence. I don't think I would sign him permanently for Premier League though. 

So yeah, I finished second and the board stated that 37m ready to be spend for our mercato in the second summer. I am still on pre-season, and after clinching another deal for my contract (only a further one year tho :(), I started the revolutionizing process of our staff. Phil Giles remain and I give him a further 3 year since I can't find a better DoF for my liking, so why not giving him the proper chance to take us to the next level. Chief Scout tho, I replaced him with Franco Torchia, along with five new scout that replace the old ones. The same with Chief Data Analyst, Physio, Sport Nutritionist etc. Also the man Brian Riemer I decided to not give him extension and signed Wolfgang Rolff as my ass-man instead. I also sign HoYD Bryan Klugg eventho I don't know what the use for Brentford. I make him responsible for our u18 team building (let him sign players etc).

So far so good, really enjoyed this save, and put a lot effort to make this save the real Brentford Way without spending any major fee for a player. THEN THIS HAPPEN 

20200304232940_1.thumb.jpg.d501d15ae728b988b49531be433dd766.jpg

20200304233059_1.thumb.jpg.d87968c1aa305e47a23c9b2de3d6f9d6.jpg

I SWEAR I MADE THIS SAVE AS SIMILAR AS POSSIBLE WITH REAL LIFE IN DANIEL AGGER AND DANISH PLAYER AND MONEYBALL SIGNING ETC ONLY TO MAKE THE CLUB READY TO BE SOLD TO OTHER OWNER IN THE SPACE OF A YEAR :seagull::seagull:

Just hope it won't go through since if there is a new owner I just don't feel it 'right' to continue this save, I know it's a game but come on if u play FM you'll know what I mean.. :lol:

Edited by tinkerer

18 hours ago, tinkerer said:

Just hope it won't go through

Probably not. I had takeover rumours all the way through the last 3 months of the 19/20 season and no bid was ever made. Don't think in-game Benham is likely to sell.

On 05/03/2020 at 01:02, Ronaldo Beckham said:

You could just pretend he aint there or you could either start again or save it now and then if you get taken over then just go back to the previous part of the save before the takeover happens.

19 hours ago, warlock said:

Probably not. I had takeover rumours all the way through the last 3 months of the 19/20 season and no bid was ever made. Don't think in-game Benham is likely to sell.

Yup, luckily it didn't get through. Just got a message telling me that Benham dismissed the rumour of him selling the club. And at the club panel information, the owner says 'Loves the club' after before stated that they're looking to sell Brentford. Enjoying my second summer so far! Will post update if there's any further interest or if I have some time :)

Tactics

e668715aa96dd9bd7c80a28041e1c61c26047c25

This is what we started out with but I felt it limited our potential goalscoring chances, I changed it around January time as I felt we had become too reliant on set pieces and our defence to win games.

53414f3ac41c4e26daf71052ef81f8fbeae539b5

So this is what I changed it after we went on a period of struggling to score more than 1 goal a game. I removed the lower crosses, run at defence and added some player specific instructions that I will show later. The basic premise of this tactic was to try and get the main goal scoring threat to be the inside forwards on either side, to try and get the most influential players (in my opinion) in the right areas. Said Benrahma is one of the most gifted footballers I've ever seen play at his level and a major reason of why I decided to take the job at Griffin Park.

8097724e3838c8818c5284869e9988aeb2c31847

For both full backs, I want them to cross it rather than shouting from a ridiculous angle and hand the ball back to the opposition.

7c762eda0d9785843a65c8076c03c737f5625644

For the inside forwards I wanted them to be my main goal scroing threat and encourage them to enter the box to gt on the end of some of those crosses from our marauding wing backs, sitting narrower will also hopefully create the space for the wing backs to overlap and get into the right areas to provide the striker and inside forwards, whilst wanting them to set an early and high press and help us dominate the game.

a5c059694f3b06d202e7dd06f7251a41c23e2d51

Same here for the DLF hoping to engage high up and win the ball back or force the opposition to play long. I've really struggled to get a lone striker to work on FM this year, having a DLF with inside forwards sitting narrower feels like the perfect way to get support to our lone man up top.

First Half Of The Season Update:

c5eeca1f76098ee505483fac0ba408da931f3979

2e45642bf893fa21f8c12ed6f7c35cb998dc81f6

So a pretty good start to the season, we find ourselves top of the tree in a 3 horse race for the top 2 spots. Our season started strongly with no defeats in August leaving us in 3rd spot. September was more difficult we struggled to fashion any real opportunities and the game against Stoke was the epitome of that a wonder strike from Tom Naylor in Stoke's only attack of the game really.

c8b69f2cbc2773b4fcf4a2072084ba0d74bd13f3

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!

That's exactly why I decided to change my tactic to give my players more freedom when playing against packed defences. We lost 4-0 to Burnley thanks to an early dismissal to Brian Mbuemo.

Throughout this time we were defensively solid as a rock, managing to go 2 whole months without conceding which is pretty incredible, it's not the kind of Brentford team I thought I'd have, I came in expecting it to be a, "You score 3, we'll score 4" scenario. Not a 1-0 grinding out results kinda team.

We've managed to only lose 1 game in the first half of this season and the only worry for me is our defensive solidity may disappear and those wins could turn to draws.

c7425e370a3db6e4190fdaf1484c358ef6d00106

So I've only just got my Brenford save going and so far I'm really enjoying it. It's quite a new way of playing FM for me but I like it a lot. 

I'm only two competitive games in to the first season but this is the signings I've made:

Myles Kenlock, signed for £800k from Ipswich. Will be a backup option to the left back role, also a plus that he can fill in at the CB spot.

Kenlock.thumb.png.b5dd3209b60736d21f1fd5d21172e9e2.png

Tom Lowery, signed for £2.8m from Crewe Alexandra (2m straight up and 800k in installments). My biggest splash out and also my biggest gamble. I will look to retrain him as a AMC as I like the looks of him offensively.

Lowery.thumb.png.fccb26fae2085ddf65d0b25796cd148d.png

Mattie Pollock, signed for £400k from Grimsby. One for the future and I will try to loan him out.

Pollock.thumb.png.9e9d40e522fa222d6a94f36a589d6457.png

Samuele Mulattieri, signed on season long loan from Inter Milan. Wow, he have already started to develop really nicely. His contract at Inter expires in June 2020 so hopefully I will be able to snatch him either on the cheap in the middle of the season or as a freebie. I highly doubt it though.

Mulattieri.thumb.png.1aab83994263f6f6dae2d785a83faba3.png

Japhet Tanganga, signed on season long loan from Tottenham. Spurs signed Cesar Montes which made Tanganga available on loan and I felt that I needed another good CB option in the squad. His contract expires in June 2020 but I reckon he will extend his contract with them.

Tanganga.thumb.png.949e5c4f8ae37be832c6a3ac1daea245.png

I sold Mokotjo to Bristol City and loaned out Tarique Fosu as they where very much surplus to requirements. I tried to loan out Dru Yearwood but there was no takers.

I will try to update on how I get going results wise but do not expect much tactics talks from me as I'm not quite interested in that bit tbh. Actually I would love a DoF-game play!

January Transfer Window

Ins:

2866590b8f67e1f85c7d316c04f19a15447ed0b4

Not much to talk about here, just 2 loans to patch up any potential holes in the squad, with potential to be made permanent.

Outs:

eeb543ec2f117e8dbd7c24514b627e3327377f26

Not much to talk about here either, finally Ross and Yearwood can leave on loan to get some first team football

Mokotjo goes out after he kicked off about not being played very often, focus my attention on the youth as he goes off to on a Trans-Atlantic journey to the retirement home.

End Of Season:

aaed6658962bed8b9d388d3926fea1f4a93d95d1

0cb6c2ee1d7457e9a87ef89e870a146a41978414

So what an amazing run from January till the end of the season, there was a minor wobble in February which allowed Leeds to draw level on points before we changed tactics and pulled away winning 12 of the last 13 games of the season to ensure promotion to the Premier League at the first time of asking. 112 points is an excellent tally and Leeds pushed us along way to be fair but we were always ahead of them and I was confident we'd see the season out at the top of the tree.

Yo can quite clearly see the impact of the mid-season tactic change, allowing us to be much more free flowing and score at will in the last few months of the season.

We saw the season and Griffin Park out in style with an emphatic 4-1 victory over Barnsley.

The Squad Review

b32fea4679404e3fd747901cfc4ce7133df2f675

Top Goalscorer:

2fb501a1afc5592890a3dac135d3a7dfb1f41255

d07498aefe91ad9ac155f924c88dbf0822ec5e6b

What a season for the Finland International, 21 goals in the League after quickly becoming our first choice upfront.

Unsung Hero:

9db0b30a891de5c7345cfe9dc22b9a2734f80ad7

1ce154f9fa101e3a7eec948a55057eeb51fb4dff

No idea what the parameters are for this award, so I just made it up and went for someone I felt had played well this season without really grabbing the headlines, a versatile midfielder who could fulfil any role in the midfield 3, which is especially useful in a long EFL campaign.

Young Player Of The Year:

e0c586d595dccc4e0b83a51da0256d4c5fb97929

534d9b7baec5396dc87dd66035e0291b15fa6b69

Usually this would be for under 23s but considering the average age of this squad, it'll be for under 21s. Mads Roerslev was a pivotal part of our season, sharing the right back spot with the much more experienced Henrik Dalsgaard, 10 assists for the Dane is 

Player Of The Year:

bd7317c2d94071906d869748ef07df8e9c3c7182

a5112c26d179f1f2fa54195cdb9fc758265e5bd2

Mathias Jensen, another Dane sweeping up the awards in season 1 for Brentford, a player who is certainly good enough to make the step up to the Premier League. He's improved a lot during this season and excelled in the mezzala role.

44 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Wow, a superb season with the Danes helping you to bring home the bacon. Olise is a gem of a player, I think he made the difference for you in his two cameos :cool:

Absolutely, I think he might have done enough to justify potentially spending £7 million pounds on his option to buy :lol:.

Promotion up to the Premier League and the summer following is always a tough one and a bit of a drag if I'm honest.

Already had this

5fcd9874bcbdcf494da3bf6198f8549bcfd28579

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Oops, so there goes your best HGC status player. Cheers Matthew :thup:

Marcus Forss to the rescue, he must never be sold though now :lol:

Not sure it matters for the premier League though, if I remember correctly it's 8 home grown from country.

47 minutes ago, Jamesbfc1887 said:

Marcus Forss to the rescue, he must never be sold though now :lol:

Not sure it matters for the premier League though, if I remember correctly it's 8 home grown from country.

You could well be right. I have normally abandoned ship by the time the mighty PL beckons.

Forss did great for me when I took him on loan to Ipswich (second season, Championship) and in my brief and undistinguished spell at Griffin Park I took him back from AFC Wimbledon at the outset. I hope he continues to be a major Forss for you in season 2 and beyond.

40 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

. I hope he continues to be a major Forss for you in season 2 and beyond.

:applause:Well played sir well played :lol:.

Well hopefully I survive the preseason in the premier League, usually my interest dies pretty quickly after promotion to the Prem.

Just not the same as the EFL

3 minutes ago, Jamesbfc1887 said:

:applause:Well played sir well played :lol:.

Well hopefully I survive the preseason in the premier League, usually my interest dies pretty quickly after promotion to the Prem.

Just not the same as the EFL

Agreed, many of us feel that way. I think PL management of an existing team is probably more enjoyable than the grind of establishing your own promoted teams - but that's just a personal opinion and some go on to have great top flight careers with their EFL clubs.

5 hours ago, Jamesbfc1887 said:

an amazing run from January till the end of the season

Storming second half to the season. Well done that man!

3 hours ago, Jamesbfc1887 said:

Promotion up to the Premier League and the summer following is always a tough one and a bit of a drag if I'm honest

Agreed. I'm struggling with that myself. But I'm determined to see it through at least until Christmas. Update in a day or two.

36 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

think PL management of an existing team is probably more enjoyable than the grind of establishing your own promoted teams

Yeah I'd agree, I'd rather manage Norwich than my Brentford side in the Premier League, similar challenge but it's just this indescribable feeling, it's almost as if I've started an EFL save and as soon as I'm not in the EFL in that save anymore I'm lost.

33 minutes ago, warlock said:

Storming second half to the season. Well done that man!

Agreed. I'm struggling with that myself. But I'm determined to see it through at least until Christmas. Update in a day or two.

Yeah it was an incredible run and it's put me in a great place for next season but there's just too many options for signing new players and I don't have a clue what to do all of a sudden. I want to give the lads that got me up a chance in the Prem.

2 hours ago, dothestrand said:

@Jamesbfc1887 You get less than 8m for transfers from a 26m fee? Jeez.

Yep it would seem so, the Walsall manager will probably almost get the same amount of money added to his transfer budget :lol:

I'm still hoping he'll accept my contract offer and reject Bournemouth, seems unlikely though, I don't want to completely break any wage structure I have at the club.

ı wanna ask somethıng do u thınk location matters?ı mean same league status same reputatıon and but player wanna go chelsea but not manchester united.(same contınental competions too)

23 hours ago, dido53 said:

ı wanna ask somethıng do u thınk location matters?ı mean same league status same reputatıon and but player wanna go chelsea but not manchester united.(same contınental competions too)

No idea in all honesty. Players do ask from time to time to go on holiday back home if they a foreign player that has become home sick. I don't never whether distances are a factor in player transfers, it is however coded into the game (I believe) when calculating away followings for games, alongside other factors. 

Transfers:

Ins:

8979f56c38f1d61e99a5c563325c063a28b70b0d

Outs:

680e8cef28545f8af6bbd091d9ccbf571dad72dd

3b4de6b10af8966c136942286de0aa9017521beb

Talles Magno, in all honesty I'm not quite sure how we've managed to persuade this FM wonderkid to join newly promoted Brentford. He certainly had his fair share of suitors and I'm pleased to have the versatile Brazilian on-board. He can play off the left as an IF or upfront as DLF, I think he's tough enough to handle the Premier League, standing at 6'2.

There's quite a bit of pushing the limits with clauses in this one, £7million if we win the Premier League :lol:, yeah because that's gonna happen before I lose interest.

834c5b5875f7f74192bb5e40a111c9750f67a0c3

f005611da3116c4e076f0f09b57f9ab02f641ed9

Valentin Rosier, the departure of Henrik Dalsagaard left us with a hole to fill at right back and based on his attributes this guy looks like a proper footballer, which is exactly what we want . A proper wing back nut quite an expensive deal for the club and a bit more than I ever really wanted to  spend but once again I took a few liberties with the transfer clauses again to spread and limit the cost of the fee. 

5cd4061622f174668126cfbc452c4d9a8a014842

Lloyd Kelly, a versatile centre half who could just as easily cover at left back, he'll probably play second fiddle to Ethan Pinnock for the left centre back spot and provides valuable Home Grown player spot.

ca239323b8f42e39901ab244975e43b345eebd7c

Dennis Man, a young Romanian inside forward off the right hand side, I certainly wasn't confident in Sergi Canos' ability to provide goals and assists in the Premier League

5c7e215cb15ec9dc3263748e04623e073eb4f4e3

Herbie Kane, a bit of a bargain, as his contract was running out but Liverpool decided late on to offer him a new deal, meaning I had to pay £1million in compensation, a bit of a bargain if I might say so

After winning promotion the first season, finished second behind West Brom. This is how my second season went. 

AO5nX1T.png

Lost in the FA Cup final against Leicester (had a very easy run, apart from running into Spurs in semifinal) Was playing the final with 10 men from 55 min. 

hQW3wDF.png

Transfers prior 3rd season. Currently have more than 45 mil to spend, so there might still be some movement till the end of the window. 

rj6S6Mj.png

Current squad. In need of some striker. Anyone got some suggestion? 

9yVLLrT.png

Finally completed my first season with Brentford in which we absolutely cruised the Championship, managing 113 points. Our start to the season was quite rocky in which we picked up a few draws and a couple defeats but from the end of November we were unbeaten in the league and pretty much powered past every opposition. Fulham started the season like a house on fire but tailed off massively towards the end of the season and were lucky to go up automatically in the end. 

Stand out players were Ollie Watkins, Mathias Jensen, Said Benrahama and Pontus Jansson. Sergi Canos, Josh Da Silva and Rico Henry all had fantastic seasons as well and I gather I'll have to focus the starting XI in the Premier League around these players. We struggled to find a regular goalscorer up top switching between Mbeumo, Pellegri (loan) and Forss. Mbeumo did get 14 goals in 41 games but striker is definitely a position I'm looking to improve on as Watkins best games came out on the left wing as an IF. 

We went out the EFL Cup in the 3rd round losing to Chelsea on penalties (we'd already beaten Watford) and also went out the FA Cup in the 3rd round losing a replay at West Ham. Wasn't massively fussed by either as the league was always the priority.

The board have given me £35m for the upcoming PL season so not too much to play around with. I imagine the bulk of this will end up going on a striker and we'll probably have to utilise the loan market. 

Championship team stats (28 game unbeaten run from November!) :D

Championship top scorers

Edited by Ryan377

Hi,

Finally completed my 1st season, and what a season.

Won the Championship and Carabao Cup. Yes we are in the UEFA Leage :D.

Forss was my goal machine with 21 goals in 38 games

Regarding the first season at Premier I have some concerns. I bough to many CM.

nrkQY2F.jpg

FPo6W89.jpg

Edited by pedromanuelpinto

Just started as Brentford. I am Danish, so I will keep up signing a lot of young Scandinavians. I am 10 games into the Championship. 7-3-0 so far. Also through to the 4th round of the Carabao Cup after beating WBA, Plymouth and West Ham.

Only one signing. A thread favourite in Mathias Ross from AaB.

55 minutes ago, Mr_Demus said:

Just started as Brentford. I am Danish, so I will keep up signing a lot of young Scandinavians. I am 10 games into the Championship. 7-3-0 so far. Also through to the 4th round of the Carabao Cup after beating WBA, Plymouth and West Ham.

Only one signing. A thread favourite in Mathias Ross from AaB.

I'm in 2022 and Nicolas Madsen has developed really well