[FM20][MOD] Realistic Pitch Textures - V1.1

majesticeternity

Majesticeternity, 

Once again, great files. I like them. Is there a possibility of releasing a version with a lighter grass for perfect and grass? I know the new versions are darker than the originals, but for me the originals are also a little too dark. Overall they are great. 

I have noticed that the game seems to massively prefer the checkered and checkered diagonal patterns though. It might just be my game, but do you know if there is a way to increase variety? Could it be my fault if I have use game cache ticked? IRL it appears as though thick horizontal, horizontal, vertical and circles are more dominant but in game keeps going for checkered, which looks very intricate in terms of the number of small checkered squares it generates. I would have a go myself but have no idea where to start. 

Thanks once again. 

8 minutes ago, joe5p said:

Majesticeternity, 

Once again, great files. I like them. Is there a possibility of releasing a version with a lighter grass for perfect and grass? I know the new versions are darker than the originals, but for me the originals are also a little too dark. Overall they are great. 

I have noticed that the game seems to massively prefer the checkered and checkered diagonal patterns though. It might just be my game, but do you know if there is a way to increase variety? Could it be my fault if I have use game cache ticked? IRL it appears as though thick horizontal, horizontal, vertical and circles are more dominant but in game keeps going for checkered, which looks very intricate in terms of the number of small checkered squares it generates. I would have a go myself but have no idea where to start. 

Thanks once again. 

Patterns are random.  

You can use Paint.net or GIMP to amend the brightness.  Both free programs, very simple to amend and use. 

4 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Patterns are random.  

You can use Paint.net or GIMP to amend the brightness.  Both free programs, very simple to amend and use. 

Thanks wkdsoul, appreciate the help

6 hours ago, joe5p said:

Is there a possibility of releasing a version with a lighter grass for perfect and grass? 

I have noticed that the game seems to massively prefer the checkered and checkered diagonal patterns though. 

See the first post for an updated version with lighter grass.  ;)

If you want to reduce the amount of checkered, you can try this: Go to the Patterns folder. Find the pattern you prefer, such as horizontal_stripes_thick. Copy/paste it. Delete checkered_diagonal.dds. Rename the copied horizontal_stripes_thick file to checkered_diagonal. Make sure the name ends up being checkered_diagonal.dds. Test in game.

4 hours ago, majesticeternity said:

See the first post for an updated version with lighter grass.  ;)

If you want to reduce the amount of checkered, you can try this: Go to the Patterns folder. Find the pattern you prefer, such as horizontal_stripes_thick. Copy/paste it. Delete checkered_diagonal.dds. Rename the copied horizontal_stripes_thick file to checkered_diagonal. Make sure the name ends up being checkered_diagonal.dds. Test in game.

Brilliant majesticeternity, thanks again for all the hard work

@latrell You can change it to different type of the grass.

You only need to identify what grass is used for your current club/stadium in your save.

For example, the picture you shared is vp_dry/grass_dry_[al]. Go back to pitch folder, open vp_grass and copy the picture and paste it back to vp_dry and rename it to grass_dry_[al]. And clear cache and reload skin.

You can change it with your own picture or with all the other pictures from the pack with just copy/paste/rename.

I have this right now at my own stadium.

image.thumb.png.e73dc04cb973fed490b8539e19caea78.png

21 minutes ago, keysi said:

You only need to identify what grass is used for your current club/stadium in your save.

For example, the picture you shared is vp_dry/grass_dry_[al]. Go back to pitch folder, open vp_grass and copy the picture and paste it back to vp_dry and rename it to grass_dry_[al]. And clear cache and reload skin.

You can change it with your own picture or with all the other pictures from the pack with just copy/paste/rename.

ill give that a go thanks for the tip, 

On 06/01/2020 at 19:36, keysi said:

How can you identify this?

20 minutes ago, SpiderJu said:

it is possible, that you include uhd quality? (more quality then now)

that would be great.

I'm not really sure if I can...The match engine really only applies the texture very basically... Sharpening the image only creates more "dots" or "variation"...hard to explain. It doesn't apply 3d or shadows, and the texture is so small, that changes don't really work.

Anyone want some left over patterns? i was messing about in paint.net

checkered_big.dds checkered.ddscheckered_diagonal.dds circles.dds circles_and_stripes.dds horizontal_stripes.dds horizontal_stripes_thick.dds vertical_stripes.dds vertical_stripes_thick.dds

checkered.thumb.png.410c49b360556f8ed52233df5b974998.png checkered_diagonal.thumb.png.213aa73abd0fe5b7a68a0a0ba1507022.png circles_and_stripes.thumb.png.f45b82ba746e15dd6d829ff58d0ceb16.png 

vertical_stripes.thumb.png.c56320877fc3112fbf0f2d4b160c778a.png  they look a bit mental in game though.... 880560611_FootballManager202010_01_202018_24_01.thumb.png.fa9383e0e6409b58abf9bc339ce5ad36.png

On 14/01/2020 at 13:36, daherlihy said:

has this been tested on FMT on Android?

On 14/01/2020 at 15:22, majesticeternity said:

It should be the same process, let me know if it doesn’t work. 

Looks good on FMT on Android (crowd textures look ok as well) :)

BEFORE AND AFTER.jpg

15 hours ago, daherlihy said:

I'm pretty sure they are (or include) Fez's ones - see the OP ;)

14 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

How do these compare to Fez' new pitch textures mod release on FM Scout? 

No, they don't include his new textures, he made them new for FM20, just like I did. It includes his patterns only.

As far as how they compare:

Textures Themselves: It looks as if he took one of SI's textures, and modified them for a few types (clay/sand/stone/etc are not changed yet).  Whereas mine has individual real life textures for every specific type.

In game Pitches: Our grass pitches are quite similar. For the other textures, his are...grass. More pristine, little variation(poor pitch is 90% same as perfect pitch), and far less pitch degradation. 

My Grass Texture on Left, Fez's on right: 

image.thumb.png.e684ae4a26529d4e005359e7a551cd12.pngimage.thumb.png.62a79cbdb72ff0d2e440591a37f776b6.png

Grass/Mud: Mine IS mud with grass. With his, when the pitch degrades, you would see a muted green grass.

mud2.thumb.JPG.0dec8dfc593a77b20d819abf04e378e0.JPGmud1.thumb.JPG.4750cb35ce90193ff121103b73cf121b.JPG

Dry Grass:

dry1.thumb.JPG.04ab67ef26a068407c0fddf8af975ba2.JPGdry2.thumb.JPG.35ed920c3173d092cb0d59be72d5404e.JPG

Same with most other types. Snow is now grass, with a bit of snow added. Full Mud is grass with a bit of mud added.

As far as which is better? That's up to your personal preference!

To decide: Do you prefer clean, pristine grass no matter what? Or varied, degraded, weather-oriented pitches?

2 hours ago, majesticeternity said:

No, they don't include his new textures, he made them new for FM20, just like I did. It includes his patterns only.

As far as how they compare:

Textures Themselves: It looks as if he took one of SI's textures, and modified them for a few types (clay/sand/stone/etc are not changed yet).  Whereas mine has individual real life textures for every specific type.

In game Pitches: Our grass pitches are quite similar. For the other textures, his are...grass. More pristine, little variation(poor pitch is 90% same as perfect pitch), and far less pitch degradation. 

My Grass Texture on Left, Fez's on right: 

image.thumb.png.e684ae4a26529d4e005359e7a551cd12.pngimage.thumb.png.62a79cbdb72ff0d2e440591a37f776b6.png

Grass/Mud: Mine IS mud with grass. With his, when the pitch degrades, you would see a muted green grass.

mud2.thumb.JPG.0dec8dfc593a77b20d819abf04e378e0.JPGmud1.thumb.JPG.4750cb35ce90193ff121103b73cf121b.JPG

Dry Grass:

dry1.thumb.JPG.04ab67ef26a068407c0fddf8af975ba2.JPGdry2.thumb.JPG.35ed920c3173d092cb0d59be72d5404e.JPG

Same with most other types. Snow is now grass, with a bit of snow added. Full Mud is grass with a bit of mud added.

As far as which is better? That's up to your personal preference!

To decide: Do you prefer clean, pristine grass no matter what? Or varied, degraded, weather-oriented pitches?

Very helpful, thanks!

P.S. I prefer yours because they look more realistic.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the great work on the pitch texture!

Just one question though. Is there anyway I can increase pitch brightness in my current save without adjusting it via monitor? It's too dark in day matches and I can hardly see anything without increasing my monitor brightness all the way up to max.

Edited by pats

12 hours ago, pats said:

Thanks for the great work on the pitch texture!

Just one question though. Is there anyway I can increase pitch brightness in my current save without adjusting it via monitor? It's too dark in day matches and I can hardly see anything without increasing my monitor brightness all the way up to max.

Open the files in an image editor, like Paint, or GIMP. Increase brightness. Save. Clear cache and reload

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, majesticeternity said:

Yea it still works with update. 

im not sure how it can be higher quality. It’s only an image texture, we can’t change the match engine graphics

Maybe he/she means more versatility in the pitches . Like mud patches or a better representation of poor pitches etc 

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/03/2021 at 03:59, alian62 said:

Maybe he/she means more versatility in the pitches . Like mud patches or a better representation of poor pitches etc 

Sorry, didn’t see this. 

could be, but I’m not sure how much more mud I can do besides this: 

image.jpeg.0511642a970b8a436a2f372005e22f07.jpeg

Perhaps the issue is that stadium quality is too easy to keep up? So then the lower quality pitches are not often seen?

your File is only for FM20? i want to use a turf file for FM21

i hope you create that Stuff for FM21 - because FEZ create a file - that is good - but in FM20 your File incl. FEZ patters is the best

:)

Edited by SpiderJu

@majesticeternity Hey mate, could you or someone else tell me how can I get rid of this sizzle on the ground, I installed this patch and the ground is like it was moving with many artifacts like an old broken tv, lol:

Without the modded pitches, it runs normal:

EDIT: I solved it, it was necessary save it in a specific way on paint.net

image.png.73321d436d8f0beaf75a03600475e12c.png

Edited by thiagoanjo