[FM20] Futbol Club Barcelona

mefirst

Welcome to the FC Barcelona Team Guide. FC Barcelona are full of world-class players and wonderkids, so you have a wonderful chance to retain Barcelona's  worldwide reputation and challenge other top teams.

General Info

info.thumb.png.db0573d5d80a3acccae123909fdf433d.png

Club Vision

vision.thumb.png.14659a7a948680f08e2bae214124539f.png

Team

team.thumb.png.db11326384135c3debad06787cd556ab.png

We have team full of hot prospects and wonderkids. These are my favorites:

Jean-Clair Todibo  DC

todibo.png

Moussa Wagué DR/WBR

wague.png

Rigui Puig MC/AMC

puig.png

Ilaix Moriba MC

moriba.png

Ansu Fati AML/ST

fati.png

Pedri MC/AMC/AMR

pedri.png

Marc Cucurella DL/WBL

cucurella.png

Juan Miranda DL/WBL

miranda.png

Edited by mefirst

• 5 months later...

Anyone playing with Barcelona?

I´ll start one save with them, trying to get the team younger as a lot of players are over 30. Also, will try to get back a few La Masia players like Onana, Deulofeu, Bartra and others.

Any suggestions?

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Marc.Foster050 said:

I started one and straight away got rid of dembele, lenglet, Alba, busquets, suarez and Roberto but no one will pay messi what he wants to leave which is annoying has anyone had any luck?

Why would you even want to get rid of him? Clubs wouldn't be able to afford his wage.

On 29/05/2020 at 17:23, gpassosbh said:

Anyone playing with Barcelona?

I´ll start one save with them, trying to get the team younger as a lot of players are over 30. Also, will try to get back a few La Masia players like Onana, Deulofeu, Bartra and others.

Any suggestions?

Also Grimaldo, Icardi, Adama Traore, Keita Balde, Sandro Ramirez - https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2018/09/18/5ba0c5ff22601d192c8b4623.html

These guys would all be first teamers/rotation players. I know you can filter searches by 'favourite club' but you can't do 'former club' annoyingly.

16 hours ago, john1 said:

Why would you even want to get rid of him? Clubs wouldn't be able to afford his wage.

Because he takes up 1.2 million In wages which is insane managed to get mbappe in the replace him on way less than half that. Just going to run his contract down as no one will touch him. 

On 19/08/2020 at 10:49, dothestrand said:

Also Grimaldo, Icardi, Adama Traore, Keita Balde, Sandro Ramirez - https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2018/09/18/5ba0c5ff22601d192c8b4623.html

These guys would all be first teamers/rotation players. I know you can filter searches by 'favourite club' but you can't do 'former club' annoyingly.

Yes you can .

choose trained at club

I'm in my second season with Barca and still have a front three of Griezmann (AML), Suarez (as the striker) and Messi (AMR) but want to start integrating Dembele a bit more (I received an offer of over £100 million for him in the summer but decided not to sell). I can't really figure out what the best position/role combo is for him. Any advice on success you've had with him?

Thanks

29 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

I'm in my second season with Barca and still have a front three of Griezmann (AML), Suarez (as the striker) and Messi (AMR) but want to start integrating Dembele a bit more (I received an offer of over £100 million for him in the summer but decided not to sell). I can't really figure out what the best position/role combo is for him. Any advice on success you've had with him?

Thanks

Best thing for you to do is look at his best attributes and make a role that suits his attributes. I think Dembele has really good pace so find a role best suited for that. 

20 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Best thing for you to do is look at his best attributes and make a role that suits his attributes. I think Dembele has really good pace so find a role best suited for that. 

I was thinking winger/inverted winger due to his pace but his finishing is better than his crossing, which makes me think he might be better as an inside forward.

1 minute ago, frank_olaf said:

I was thinking winger/inverted winger due to his pace but his finishing is better than his crossing, which makes me think he might be better as an inside forward.

There you go then. Have him as an inside forward and have him attacking or change it to support depending how the match is going.

On 19/08/2020 at 04:49, dothestrand said:

Barça will be a very good save in FM21 after Messi said he wants to leave. Let´s see what will happen....

49 minutes ago, gpassosbh said:

Barça will be a very good save in FM21 after Messi said he wants to leave. Let´s see what will happen....

Suarez is on the way out too. It'll be a good rebuilding job for both Koeman and FM21 players!

I skipped a couple of seasons through to make the huge rebuilding job easier. It seems to be easier to sell players once the game's been running a while. Barcelona finished second twice anyway.

At the start of the third season, I'd got rid of all the non-La Masia players or those who didn't meet the required standard (e.g. Alba was a fine LB but was superseded by Grimaldo). Barcelona were hugely in debt so I only ever got around 30-40% of the transfer fees back, making it harder. Plus, some guys were sold for criminally low amounts. Still, I was able to bring back most ex-La Masia graduates I wanted to. The squad should be competitive against Real Madrid.

Starting XI (4-1-2-2-1) is Onana, Bellerin, Grimaldo, Pique (c), Bartra, Busquets, Olmo, Roberto, Pedri (LWF), Messi (RWF), Icardi.

Bench is decent, includes Reina, the two Sergi Gomez's (Sevilla DF, Dortmund MF), Cucurella, Eric Garcia, Moriba, the other Busquets, Fati, Abel Ruiz (back from Braga).

I have started with Barcelona as well. I think it is a really nice challenge, and a perfect time to make a rebuild. I have sold all of the old players, except for Messi. I still think it is a power move, and that he will stay at the club. His contract expires after season 2, so maybe i will cut ties with him there. I will see. 

Obviously i have not made all the transfers, and i play with a summer update. Lets go!

image.thumb.png.cb21281461c85f1357e2aa35390096a7.pngimage.thumb.png.f74a3bb322c9c76b6601674fae9e9c81.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, n1mez said:

Nobody playing?

I have an insane save going..

Thinking about using the editor to transfer Messi, Suarez, Vidal and Rakitic (if all those transfers go through) and try to rebuild the squad. 

How’s your save going?

14 hours ago, RLC said:

Thinking about using the editor to transfer Messi, Suarez, Vidal and Rakitic (if all those transfers go through) and try to rebuild the squad. 

How’s your save going?

Well quite good. I have sold everything except Messi, and really tried to rebuild the squad with young players, mainly La Masia players. 

Im in my 4th season, 2 championships and last season i was number 2 in La Liga (Madrid bought Dybala, Sterling, Bernardo Silva), but i won the CHL so i didnt get fired. 

My finances are insane. As i only buy talents. .image.thumb.png.0cf204be46218887f23980452e8a925f.png

I will post some pictures of players, so you can see how they develop. image.thumb.png.f24ef859c72cf88642bfff61679b2ff5.pngimage.thumb.png.31fe0441e6b9b25385eda80f7168531a.pngimage.thumb.png.4ab28aef25e160f05b8dc423e1ef272a.pngimage.thumb.png.97f93c0a8483954125fad0ea2c4b08c1.pngimage.thumb.png.1b7538401a904680ac2073e886f626c4.pngimage.thumb.png.8ab910de81f50456f84df2afd888f2ed.pngimage.thumb.png.5d925e516c6abd01fb30d35e12353b31.pngimage.thumb.png.4dbaac460360a9a35849080a3f736576.pngimage.thumb.png.0cdc8c935d7d90b68d7d89983f04b7b0.pngimage.thumb.png.edafe37d67f650bdbcff390be47e3fcb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Season one transfers are done.

On the outgoing we have:

image.thumb.png.4130e095ebeae7365b4a2879c2dc451a.png

We have then went to spend a lot of money to essentially futureproof our squad (including some of the players already out on loan)

image.thumb.png.44fa11dacbbe1ed7d504843aad3c8595.png

A lot of deals in instalments, which may bite me in the ass later on.

This leaves my starting like up looking like this for the season:

image.thumb.png.59594a60616a9c7e2bc161a353e387cc.png

I hope that my front 4 will be free flowing and destroy teams and smash goal records.

never go big clubs. They just don't appeal to me, I prefer to try and build a club up to the point of being a big club, rather than taking over one.

However, this thread and the mess(i) that Barca seem to find themselves in at the moment has really drawn me in to loading up a Barca save and embarking on a rebuild!

Will definitely take plenty of hints and tips from this group. Will start with the transfers off for the first season to make the rebuild tougher.

I’ve noticed that La Liga has no prize money listed in the rules section. Can anyone share the prize/TV money received at Barcelona at the end of season 1 (and further seasons if possible)? Don’t want to start a save if the only source of income is going to be player sales, when in Germany, the league winners prize money is £90 million.