[WIP] [FM20] England down to Level 11

On 24/02/2020 at 19:10, iGoldenBen said:

The fmeditor has just added them to his newest database update on twitter so suggest you use that as you're wasting your time on here. 

Ben, that message is pretty disrespectful to be honest. For a start, Messi's database goes down to Level 11 and the FMEditor's just down to Level 10. Just to add in this one extra level would have taken Messi a significant amount of time, due to the sheer number of leagues and teams at this level.

I have played both FMEditors databases and Messi's. Both are as fantastic as each other. In fact they are almost identical, apart from Messi has got the full structure of Level 11 available.

Messi - I am 2 seasons into a save and haven't encountered any problems yet. I started the save before the winter update though, and do not intend on starting a new save with the winter update.

I am also not personally bothered if AFC Bury or FC Isle of Man are in the game. Because after a few seasons I will likely be well away from those levels anyway, so won't even come across them.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 17/02/2020 at 14:28, lionel messi said:

1st edition now released.

Any bugs/errors let me know.

If you want to support my work there is a paypal link below.

https://paypal.me/pools/c/8mFAwmELyI

League & Data Updates.fmf 1.1 MB · 3 downloads

The detail in this database is really awesome. 

I've started a save with Clapton Community. I'm going to try to only sign players from London and include at least one academy product in every squad. I don't know about everyone else but I've struggled to find a save I'm into this year. Here's hoping this is the one.

10 hours ago, davenumber40 said:

The detail in this database is really awesome. 

I've started a save with Clapton Community. I'm going to try to only sign players from London and include at least one academy product in every squad. I don't know about everyone else but I've struggled to find a save I'm into this year. Here's hoping this is the one.

Great club and great ethos, good luck

2 minutes ago, Andrew Price said:

think it is because of the 23 teams in league one m8

In the original base database it will add teams from the non-playable divisions lower down to compensate an extra team for League One, in a custom database you can't do that

Edited by Dan BHTFC

@lionel messi

Could I have permission to use your file alongside my Isle of Man database I'm working on? I'll give you full credit of course. It'll just save me a hell of a lot of time re-doing something you've already done extremely well for the sake of adding 1 team.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Price said:

I mean do I use your league and data updates plus ur tier 11 db file for it to work

No you can only use 1 file at the same time.

I have 2 files just for backup purposes and to alter the number of relegation places in advanced rules because it only shows up 3 teams being relegated from vanarama north/south without doing that.

You need to use the League & data updates file to have the latest file plus the fix for the midland league premier division where kidderminster u23s was in the league after the si update.

The other file can be deleted.

17 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

No you can only use 1 file at the same time.

I have 2 files just for backup purposes and to alter the number of relegation places in advanced rules because it only shows up 3 teams being relegated from vanarama north/south without doing that.

You need to use the League & data updates file to have the latest file plus the fix for the midland league premier division where kidderminster u23s was in the league after the si update.

The other file can be deleted.

ok cheers m8

A updated file with fixes.

League 1 & League 2 teams can now use terracing.

Maximum wage for Level 7-10.

Stadium requirements added in for Level 7-10.

Administration rules added in for L7-L11

Transfer & Loan rules added in for L7-L11

If you want to support my work there is a paypal link below.

https://paypal.me/pools/c/8mFAwmELyI

League & Data Updates.fmf

I have started trying to do next season's League structure.

I think i have done it correctly down to Level 7 so far.

It will start to get a bit tricky now with a extra league going in at Level 8 from next season and teams getting promoted/relegated on average points.

But im going to have a really good go at doing it.

3 hours ago, lionel messi said:

It will start to get a bit tricky now with a extra league going in at Level 8 from next season and teams getting promoted/relegated on average points.

Holy **** what a legend. If you need someone to bounce ideas off PM me im fairly adept with the advanced editor and have done multi year seasonal changes before.

9 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

Holy **** what a legend. If you need someone to bounce ideas off PM me im fairly adept with the advanced editor and have done multi year seasonal changes before.

the promotion/relegation playoffs between level 8 & level 9 is going to be the hardest to do.

so many things could go wrong with this.

also not all the leagues will have a playoff place either due to the 3 most northern leagues just promoting the top 3 teams.

and after that the 4 best 2nd placed teams from the remaining 11 leagues get promoted based on points per game.

the remaining 6 second placed teams play a single away playoff game against a level 8 bottom team for a possible promotion place.

I have never done playoffs from 2 different levels before so dont know how it will go and not sure how to do it correctly.

two things I noticed:

- FA Cup semis and final should be played at Wembley

- at tier 7 (regional premier), it's the bottom 2 that are automatically relegated in each division, not the bottom 3. Out of the 4 teams in third-bottom, the 2 teams with the worst PPG are relegated (playoffs can still work for that if you can't use PPG)

Edited by oohlala111

On 12/03/2020 at 15:49, lionel messi said:

Given what has been happening in recent days, you might want to hold off on this for a while!

3 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

I think Will means it's not certain about leagues next season yet so it's difficult to get team information until then

I realize that but im just trying to do next seasons structure so that the correct numbers return to sky bet league 1 & national league north/south have 24 teams in them.

On 15/03/2020 at 18:38, oohlala111 said:

two things I noticed:

- FA Cup semis and final should be played at Wembley

- at tier 7 (regional premier), it's the bottom 2 that are automatically relegated in each division, not the bottom 3. Out of the 4 teams in third-bottom, the 2 teams with the worst PPG are relegated (playoffs can still work for that if you can't use PPG)

FA Cup semis & final should already be at wembley but i will check this.

Its like that to make the structure work, im currently working on trying to create the structure work for the following season.