[WIP] [FM20] England down to Level 11

1 minute ago, GreyedOutMan said:

OK. I think I'll wait for the attendances to be updated at least, I think that could have an impact on the early stages of the game. Thanks so much for all your work though, I'm excited to give it a whirl!

Does your general data update work on the SI update or is it standalone?

What do you mean?

Is there a SI update?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, GreyedOutMan said:

I don't have the game yet but they usually release one at the end of the January window don't they? Just for the more mainstream data, I assume...

Yes i dont think that as been released yet.

Im waiting for it to be released to see if it effects anything.

4 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Here is the fixed file showing 4 relegation places from Vanarama National North/South.

Capture.thumb.JPG.476d215710c5b4d9c1de75007d516f7e.JPGCapture1.thumb.JPG.792f333219bb2f9484dc89dadf50a8a8.JPG

League & Data Updates.fmf 1.1 MB · 7 downloads

Thanks for this Messi. But why do 4 go down from each division? In real life it looks like 2 go down from each division. I know there are going to be some changes to the promotion/relegation rules next year - but I am unsure of what they are.

Even when verifying the new file in advanced rules, it was saying there was an error of some sort.

Edited by Big D Man

1 hour ago, Big D Man said:

Thanks for this Messi. But why do 4 go down from each division? In real life it looks like 2 go down from each division. I know there are going to be some changes to the promotion/relegation rules next year - but I am unsure of what they are.

Even when verifying the new file in advanced rules, it was saying there was an error of some sort.

The file was already verified.

I have set it for 4 teams to go down from each division, 8 in total.

8 teams getting promoted from the 4 regional premier divisions, champions & playoff winner from each division.

It is very difficult to do the correct structure for next season, 1 less team in league 1 this season due to bury being expelled makes it even harder as you have to reshuffle the numbers to make it revert back after the end of the current season, with 1 less team getting relegated from League 1 downwards.

Next season there will be 24 teams in vanarama national north/south so there will have to be 1 less team getting relegated from Vanarama national north/south, making it 3 relegation places in total.

so there will have to be a relegation playoff or it could be done on average points per game for 1 less team to be relegated.

Thanks for the update Messi. I know its already verified, but let's say I make a change and then go to verify it again...that's when I get hte error.

I can still play your file without making the changes though. They were just little things I wanted to put in.

Edited by Big D Man

5 minutes ago, krakonico said:

It's the same for FM20

I get how to get the logos into the right place and load them into the game, but what about a team that doesn't have a logo created? For instance only a few Level 11 teams have logos in my logo pack. How do I add this logo of Infinity FC to get it to show up in the game?

infinity.png

6 minutes ago, jimdownunder said:

I get how to get the logos into the right place and load them into the game, but what about a team that doesn't have a logo created? For instance only a few Level 11 teams have logos in my logo pack. How do I add this logo of Infinity FC to get it to show up in the game?

infinity.png

Follow the next steps:

a) Make the white surrounding part transparent instead of white,

b) The big logo must be 180 x 180

c) Create a second logo (shrinking the first) with a 18 x 25

Then follow the steps as you already know (must look for the club's ID)

If the club is a create-a-club one, you need to do it at the very start when you are creating the club, and probably the bug that the small logo is missing haven't been fixed.

9 minutes ago, jimdownunder said:

infinity.png

u need to add it to ur logo graphics folder m8 then reload ur skin 

51 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

Thanks for the update Messi. I know its already verified, but let's say I make a change and then go to verify it again...that's when I get hte error.

I can still play your file without making the changes though. They were just little things I wanted to put in.

What little things you trying to edit?

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

What little things you trying to edit?

I was changing a few things on the "Agreement Change".

I think I found the problem though - I thought I had downloaded your most recent file with the Conference North/South fixed. However, I must have put one of the old files into FM Editor (thinking it was the new file) but it wasn't.

I redownloaded your newest update and it verifies with no issues.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, krakonico said:

Follow the next steps:

a) Make the white surrounding part transparent instead of white,

b) The big logo must be 180 x 180

c) Create a second logo (shrinking the first) with a 18 x 25

Then follow the steps as you already know (must look for the club's ID)

If the club is a create-a-club one, you need to do it at the very start when you are creating the club, and probably the bug that the small logo is missing haven't been fixed.

I think I found the clubs id 2082082760 but it still doesn't load the logo into the game even when I follow the other steps.

@lionel messi thank you for all the effort you put on this file. SI has just released its winter update, so could you check and update the file to the new 20.3.0 game version?

I really admire your dedication to make an English db down to level 11, but I would like to ask you whether it would not be preferable to focus primarily on a fully working and realistic English football pyramid down to tier 8. So many things are unrealistic at the moment and prevent me from playing: a perennial 23 teams League One, wrong relegation spots for National League North & South, Tier 7 and Tier 8 and outdated formats for regional league cups. Do you think they could be fixed, at least for the current 19/20 season in-game?

I don't want to discredit your massive work and I don't want to sounds rude, but I was expecting a slightly more accurate database given you are working with the advanced rules. I perfectly understand it's a mammoth task and I believe you will eventually succeed in delivering a great file.

I hope you will not mean what I wrote as a scatching review of your work. They are just suggestions.

KUTGW and have a nice weekend.

On 18/02/2020 at 10:17, lionel messi said:

Here is the fixed file showing 4 relegation places from Vanarama National North/South.

Capture.thumb.JPG.476d215710c5b4d9c1de75007d516f7e.JPGCapture1.thumb.JPG.792f333219bb2f9484dc89dadf50a8a8.JPG

League & Data Updates.fmf 1.1 MB · 21 downloads

1 hour ago, fcdallas said:

Love your work! Do you have a working link to download the update? One on page 1 says it's unavailable or removed.  Thanks in advance!

It's in the third page... quoted here

Hi messi, Bury AFC have just been approved by the NWCL, Can you get them into the database now please? Link below. They are ground sharing with Radcliffe FC (Tier 7) so will have no problem meeting the leagues stadium requirements for promotion. 

https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8121

Thanks. 

Edited by iGoldenBen

1 hour ago, iGoldenBen said:

Hi messi, Bury AFC have just been approved by the NWCL, Can you get them into the database now please? Link below. They are ground sharing with Radcliffe FC (Tier 7) so will have no problem meeting the leagues stadium requirements for promotion. 

https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8121

Thanks. 

Where does it say they’ve been approved in the article?

They've formally applied to the league, nothing official has been confirmed yet on which teams have been accepted.

1 hour ago, FCUtdWill said:

Where does it say they’ve been approved in the article?

They've formally applied to the league, nothing official has been confirmed yet on which teams have been accepted.

While that's technically true the article is regarding the NWCL promotion requirements from step 7 to step 6, and as Bury are ground sharing at Radcliffe, approval is only a matter of time, as they themselves are a tier 7 team with a 3500 capacity stadium, and superb training facilities (One of the best in the lower leagues). There is no feasible reason for the FA to reject the recommendation of the NWCL. 

Edited by iGoldenBen

10 minutes ago, iGoldenBen said:

It's dependent upon stadium regulations. Radcliffe have a 3500 capacity stadium, with superb training facilities and they play 3 tiers higher than bury so bury will obviously meet the stadium promotion requirements as set out by the NWCL. 

Not only stadium regulations, the league will probably have a vote on whether to accept them or not. 

I know about Radcliffe, they used to play in the league.

Best to wait for official confirmation of them joining and we see the provisional 2020-21 pyramid which is towards the end of May/start of June, and then appeals will have to take place. Only at the league’s AGM in mid-July will see them become members of the league.

24 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

Not only stadium regulations, the league will probably have a vote on whether to accept them or not. 

I know about Radcliffe, they used to play in the league.

Best to wait for official confirmation of them joining and we see the provisional 2020-21 pyramid which is towards the end of May/start of June, and then appeals will have to take place. Only at the league’s AGM in mid-July will see them become members of the league.

While I agree with what you say regarding time frames fm20 is still a game and I don't see any harm adding them in now for 20-21 season. Ultimately the NWCL have pre approved their application and the onus now shifts to the FA. But I can't see one thing that would that impair their application, based on what I know about their infrastructure, financial forecasts, and general planning ahead. They've had over 300 people working towards their set up, and seeing the sheer amount of obscure teams that pop up in leagues all the time I can guarantee Bury AFC have been more meticulous than them all (Or at least the vast majority). 

3 minutes ago, iGoldenBen said:

While I agree with what you say regarding time frames fm20 is still a game and I don't see any harm adding them in now for 20-21 season. Ultimately the NWCL have pre approved their application and the onus now shifts to the FA. But I can't see one thing that would that impair their application, based on what I know about their infrastructure, financial forecasts, and general planning ahead. They've had over 300 people working towards their set up, and seeing the sheer amount of obscure teams that pop up in leagues all the time I can guarantee Bury AFC have been more meticulous than them all (Or at least the vast majority). 

It can be difficult adding teams to appear in the second season and beyond, it’s best to stick to the current season. The only way you could add them to the game is when the 2020-21 allocations are released, make the structure then, but the game will start in 2019, not 2020.

The NWCL haven’t pre-approved their application, they’ve released a list of applications from clubs who could join their league next season. The NWCL is one of the best leagues in the country (I’m not just saying that because 3 of its clubs are based within 20 minutes of me) for releasing this kind of information. 

Yes I agree with you they’ve got a good chance of being successful with their application but nothing has been confirmed yet.

23 hours ago, Ivs said:

@lionel messi thank you for all the effort you put on this file. SI has just released its winter update, so could you check and update the file to the new 20.3.0 game version?

I really admire your dedication to make an English db down to level 11, but I would like to ask you whether it would not be preferable to focus primarily on a fully working and realistic English football pyramid down to tier 8. So many things are unrealistic at the moment and prevent me from playing: a perennial 23 teams League One, wrong relegation spots for National League North & South, Tier 7 and Tier 8 and outdated formats for regional league cups. Do you think they could be fixed, at least for the current 19/20 season in-game?

I don't want to discredit your massive work and I don't want to sounds rude, but I was expecting a slightly more accurate database given you are working with the advanced rules. I perfectly understand it's a mammoth task and I believe you will eventually succeed in delivering a great file.

I hope you will not mean what I wrote as a scatching review of your work. They are just suggestions.

KUTGW and have a nice weekend.

I have not used the advanced rules other than to correct the relegation places from Vanarama north/south as it would not show correctly in basic rules.

It is very difficult to get the game to revert back to 24 teams in league 1 for the following season and to get the right numbers for the other leagues as there is 3 sets of rules and is unclear which ones to edit to try and fix it.

I will try and do it once i have done all the data as i have previously said.

26 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I have not used the advanced rules other than to correct the relegation places from Vanarama north/south as it would not show correctly in basic rules.

It is very difficult to get the game to revert back to 24 teams in league 1 for the following season and to get the right numbers for the other leagues as there is 3 sets of rules and is unclear which ones to edit to try and fix it.

I will try and do it once i have done all the data as i have previously said.

you just add another team in to make it 24 its not that hard

17 hours ago, lionel messi said:

If only it was that simple

Haha - would be nice, but thank you for making it very simple for the rest of us!

Not badgering, just trying to plan my FM purchase - any idea when the version with fixed finances/attendances will be ready?

Edited by GreyedOutMan

Personally, with Bury, until it's all decided, I'd leave as is - although it is looking more and more likely that Bury FC will be liquidated, and Bury AFC will be playing, but based on the Chester precedent, it'd in the NPL Division One NW (step 8),  based on Hereford the NWCFL Premier Division (Step 9), or their application, which is to the NWCFL Division One North (step 10)

Given Bury AFC have applied to step 10, I'd say that is the most likely - but as I say, given the various possibilities, it's up to Messi to do what he thinks is best/able to do.

8 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Can anyone confirm if a new save is starting up correctly with the latest SI update?

Yeah afaik it does seem to start fine with your db. Cm started without any problem and lower divisions are showing up as they should, clubs names are long and have more league history than default.

Edited by witchplease

20 hours ago, iGoldenBen said:

The fmeditor has just added them to his newest database update on twitter so suggest you use that as you're wasting your time on here. 

Have a little bit of patience. i have been busy the last few days.

I have created bury A.F.C. and F.C Isle of man.

Just need to test it to see if they join after the 1st season.