[FM20] Manchester United: Falling Giant...

stevemc

Just over half way now in first season. So may aswell share progress. 

Anthony Martial has been on fire so far! First time I've got so much out of him in half a season usually he doesn't play so well but been hardly managing to bring in Greenwood let alone Ighalo to the starting spot of striker.

Rashford on the other hand is another story seems to always start the first game well but then disappear for months at a times. He's just not performed to very good standards. Only scored 5 in 27 2 have come recent and the other 3 were months apart. 

English Premier Division_ Player Overview.png

English Premier Division_ Stages.png

English Premier Division_ Team Overview.png

Manchester United_ Overview-2.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m really interested in starting a United academy save, building around a front 3 of Rashford, Greenwood and Gomes.

theres also Garner, Tuanzebe, Williams and Mctominay. And Pogba, to an extent. however, I want to build around the attack, as the rest of the players are pretty versatile and can fill in where they’re needed.

as some of the guys are still young, I’ve been playing Martial in Place of Greenwood, and Mata/James in place of Gomes. What do you guys think is an optimum tactic to get the front 3 firing? 

ive been playing pretty inconsistently, but I’m using Rashford on the left, Greenwood in the centre and Gomes on the right like this:

IFa——-AFa——-IWs

I’m not quite sure if this is tactically viable though, as maybe the inside forward clashes a bit with the advanced forward.. maybe it’s important to play Greenwood as a supporting striker? Or DLFa? I’m reluctant to, as his strength and passing for hold up play will never be his best attributes. but maybe it’s the only way to play them all together

in terms of instructions, I’m playing a high risk style, high press + risky passing (higher tempo, pass into space, hit early crosses) to try and put our pacey forwards through on goal with out having to slowly work the ball into the box.

has anyone else managed to successfully develop United’s academy players, and get them playing well together in the same team? Also, if someone can recommend a system to try and get the best out of as many of these players as possible that’d be great.

Edited by Jack722

4 hours ago, Jack722 said:

I’m really interested in starting a United academy save, building around a front 3 of Rashford, Greenwood and Gomes.

theres also Garner, Tuanzebe, Williams and Mctominay. And Pogba, to an extent. however, I want to build around the attack, as the rest of the players are pretty versatile and can fill in where they’re needed.

as some of the guys are still young, I’ve been playing Martial in Place of Greenwood, and Mata/James in place of Gomes. What do you guys think is an optimum tactic to get the front 3 firing? 

ive been playing pretty inconsistently, but I’m using Rashford on the left, Greenwood in the centre and Gomes on the right like this:

IFa——-AFa——-IWs

I’m not quite sure if this is tactically viable though, as maybe the inside forward clashes a bit with the advanced forward.. maybe it’s important to play Greenwood as a supporting striker? Or DLFa? I’m reluctant to, as his strength and passing for hold up play will never be his best attributes. but maybe it’s the only way to play them all together

in terms of instructions, I’m playing a high risk style, high press + risky passing (higher tempo, pass into space, hit early crosses) to try and put our pacey forwards through on goal with out having to slowly work the ball into the box.

has anyone else managed to successfully develop United’s academy players, and get them playing well together in the same team? Also, if someone can recommend a system to try and get the best out of as many of these players as possible that’d be great.

On my previous Man Utd save, Greenwood was good as an AF but also trained him to be an inverted winger on the right and he ended up being better for me on the right, but he is class this year  and will develop into a beast. Rashford is perfect for the IF role on attack so you will have no problems there, I hadn't developed Gomes so wouldn't know on him, but using them 3 roles for that front 3 looks good to me. But saying that on my current save I have just joined Man Utd and Gomes is still there so I can use them as a 3 now if I want.

Also Williams is very good and was my number 1 left back from season 2 onwards. Garner and Tuanzebe are decent back ups but I find their potential isn't as high as the others.

System I used and use for Man Utd is the 4-3-3, can either be a flat midfield 3 or a dm and 2 cm's.

So my 1st summer with Man Utd is done, and the 8th season has begun.

Here are my deals.

1435456976_s8transfersmanutd.thumb.png.81be6b9eb52fc696c3f7316cf1ba1f88.png

So the outs 1st - Tolisso and Dalot had deals to leave before I joined so couldn't do much about that, but I would of kept Tolisso. Chiesa was on too much money for me to keep him as a back up so off he went. David they had brought for 118 mil 3 seasons prior and has been a flop really, so wanted to cash in, the board weren't happy with losing money on him but that's not my problem they overpaid for him in the 1st place, I think 85 mil was a good deal. Lycett is a very good regen striker and felt he needed a season of 1st team football before I used him.

So now the ins - They are all regens so the names won't be familiar. Brown is a younger winger who has been brought in and loaned straight back to Pompey.

I have brought 2 player from RBL with me, firstly Kevin Lewis.

1323985807_kevinlewis.thumb.png.b7c546e744a834ee044b334133653ae5.png

He was the 1st regen I really found and took notice off, had him on the shortlist for a liitle while and he was my 1st signing at RBL, brought from AZ Alkmaar and he was my 1st signing for Man Utd, he is just incredible, perfect attributes and was getting constant 7 ratings at RBL, I needed a cb so was a no brainer and had to buy him.

My 2nd signing from RBl, Tiago.

tiago.thumb.png.2e917dc6121a6b496aa8772318b24717.png

He was also brought in at my 1st season with RBL from Gremio for 17 mil, he had a slow start and a few injuries but over the 3 seasons developed very well, and in particular my final season in Germany he was excellent, with Chiesa and David both leaving, and with Greenwood as my only proper striker, I needed someone and he seemed perfect.

Final one Joel WIlson.

285126890_joelwilson.thumb.png.8646dd610f0e4e4792a8646788fd18e0.png

I wanted a back to De Gea, who could then possibly takeover. I tried many keepers and the fees and wages were mental, then I saw Wilson. He came through the very 1st youth intake at Dortmund, they barely played him over the years, he was in the final year of his contract and transfer listed for 1 mil. I scouted him and my scouts rated him at 92 and sign at any price, with a potential of 4-4.5 stars. If I can develop him and get him to that 4 stars, it could be the best 1 mil I have ever spent on the game.

So this is my best 11 and bench, and what we will be going with for this season.

1613619428_best11andbench.thumb.png.08ae9a45b67f103860b6ffcea3da5903.png

I played a 5-3-2 wb formation at Lazio and RBL and that is my 2nd tactic, if I need it but the 4-3-3 suits us better. Still got mainly real players with my 2 RBL players being the only regens in the best 11. I have got Bruno as captain with Rashford vice captain.

5 hours ago, sedge11 said:

On my previous Man Utd save, Greenwood was good as an AF but also trained him to be an inverted winger on the right and he ended up being better for me on the right, but he is class this year  and will develop into a beast. Rashford is perfect for the IF role on attack so you will have no problems there, I hadn't developed Gomes so wouldn't know on him, but using them 3 roles for that front 3 looks good to me. But saying that on my current save I have just joined Man Utd and Gomes is still there so I can use them as a 3 now if I want.

Also Williams is very good and was my number 1 left back from season 2 onwards. Garner and Tuanzebe are decent back ups but I find their potential isn't as high as the others.

System I used and use for Man Utd is the 4-3-3, can either be a flat midfield 3 or a dm and 2 cm's.

Thanks for the feedback mate,

I changed Greenwood to a DLFa and we've looked better. He still scores goals and tries to get on the end of through balls (much more so than an f9 or DLFs), but at the same time he creates space for Rashford to use a bit more. Playing him in a deeper role also gives him more time on the ball to use his dribbling and flair.

Gomes hasn't been playing as well as Greenwood/ Rashford for me so far, but I am in the first season, and he doesn't start off as good as Greenwood. So maybe it's just a case of waiting for him to develop a bit more.

Also, I like your instructions. Before starting the save, I tried to look up online for people who have tried developing the Utd youth players, and a lot of them wanted to to play out of defence + work ball into box + shorter passing. But I definately think the best way to get the best out of Rashford and Greenwood is to play quick and pass into space to try and use their quickness more.

Edited by Jack722

On 11/12/2019 at 23:08, Spike said:

So after been given £240m to spend at the beginning of season 2 my business is complete, with a net spend of £122m;

Transfers.thumb.PNG.1b10dfbcaf6c24b6c352f22fa49fde4e.PNG

My first team and reserve team are now as follows;

606579519_1stXI.thumb.PNG.c111105a0e9b264df0aa5bdc6345ddb1.PNG1420393203_2ndXI.thumb.PNG.bc1cdff41e5ef6c4861d2edb9e3579c0.PNG

Hopefully should be able to challenge on all fronts with the strength in depth.

what does Niklas Sule turn out like, as I have the chance to sign him for £66 million on my utd save

I am currently doing a man utd save as well and just starting my 3rd season & I am on the look out for a new centre back, I currently have Maguire, Lindelöf, Tuanzebe & Bailly but looking to off him if I can.

Can anyone recommend a good centre back, I lost out to spurs for Dias so he's out of the question but have the chance to sign Sule for £66 million

30 minutes ago, lewisguy said:

I am currently doing a man utd save as well and just starting my 3rd season & I am on the look out for a new centre back, I currently have Maguire, Lindelöf, Tuanzebe & Bailly but looking to off him if I can.

Can anyone recommend a good centre back, I lost out to spurs for Dias so he's out of the question but have the chance to sign Sule for £66 million

Upamencano, konate, sule (as you said), allesandro bastoni, todibo, milenkovic, skriniar, de ligt, romagnoli, jose giminez, lucas hernandez, pavard, kimpembe and jonathan tah

I'd get skriniar for his age and ability, might be a big paayyyyy out tho. Upa and konate are strong options, lucas hernan and pavard are OP and would be worth it. Sule is one of the best so weigh up the options 

2 hours ago, lewisguy said:

Milenkovic from Fiorentina, he’s class. I’ve used him on 2 saves now and he’s just brilliant. Shouldn’t be too expensive and is young so can put your main cb for years.

I've had the game since the beta, but this is the first save I've managed to stick with to the end of the first season. We won everything, which might be the first time I've ever achieved a first season quadruple.

wBWh8Ad.png

Dropped the ball in the last two games and missed out on setting a new record for wins and points, but overall we were dominant and didn't drop a single point at home. We beat Chelsea 3-1 in the Carabao Cup, Liverpool 4-0 in the FA Cup and Lyon 3-0 in the Europa League final. We will be meeting Liverpool in the Shield and Super Cup though as they did beat Juventus in the CL final 1-0. 

Here are my transfers 

x6T8RZx.png

First time I've ever signed Correa on any videogame. His work rate is very impressive, and with Martial & Ighalo injured at the start of the game I did briefly use him up front too. However, his end product is quite inconsistent (he only scored 6 goals in all comps, and only managed a few more assists than that IIRC) so I'm not sure he'll be my long-term solution on the RW.

wwXkbxd.png

Never had that many players in the TOTY before. Surprised that Greenwood made the team considering there were several strikers with more league goals than him, but it makes up for the fact he was inexplicably left out of United's TOTY.... 

MHsVCQ3.png

...and somehow he didn't win our YPOTY either, Pereira did :lol: Great debut campaign for Mason though, just a shame his form dipped in Spring leaving him on 18 goals for a couple of months. He did make up for it by scoring in the FA Cup final and hitting a brace in the EL final (his first goal was a quality 30 yard freekick). Ighalo was our second highest goalscorer with 19 goals, but given his wage demands and the fact the board don't want me to sign players over 30 anymore, I won't be keeping him.

17 hours ago, Jack722 said:

IFa——-AFa——-IWs

I use 4231 as main formation, Rashford as IF-At, Bruno as AM-S, Sancho as W-At (sometimes as AP-S) and Greenwood as P-At. 

Rashford has instruction to stay wider when the team has a ball to open space between the opposition fullback and center back. That instruction also create space for my MCL to give some runs into space or make room for Bruno in the build up play. 

Greenwood is a beast with instruction to be Poacher and put him trainnig a new PPM (likes to try to break offside trap). He and Rashford will always run behind the defence with this PPM and enhance more direct and counter attack systems. 

Is this a offer that should be considered accepting, been more of a squad player has been bit hit and miss throughout the season but when has been in form has been quality.

Alex Chapman_ Inbox.png

1 hour ago, Joao Arq said:

Greenwood is a beast with instruction to be Poacher

Yeah he's really excellent as a poacher. I have 'moves into channels' and 'roam from position' on also. Helps him find more space as a poacher can easily get marked out the game sometimes.

Season 2026/27: Start of Season

Decided to stay on, no jobs took my fancy and, well, you get attached to your regions, don't you? :D Still trying to climb to the top of that Hall of Fame...

vHpn7gE.png

Spent £239m of my £1.2bn fortune, but also brought in £847m, and after the club putting some into in an investment fund, we still have £1bn in the bank. First team had a small cull, out went Pedri for £54m, replaced with elite attacking midfielder José Molina for £99m, Sergio Gómez (who was good for me, but PSG offered me a £15m profit on his from last season) quickly followed, and Ángel Espinoza - both being replaced by Federico Polito for £64m and the toughest one was selling Aaron Wan-Bissaka to title-challengers Arsenal for £55m, but I replaced him with Francisco García from Juventus.

60FlQ2X.jpg

Some of my signings here:

17. José Molina

rOWVIEz.jpg

13. Federico Polito

49iqbOP.jpg

2. Francisco García

llF11vo.jpg

32. Dan Bordei

Shout out for this kid, I signed an affiliate partnership just before the summer with FC Dinamo 1948 Bucureşti, and a week or two later, this kid came through in my improved scouting knowledge of Romania. £5.25 release clause, and looks incredible for the price...

IB0nfSS.jpg

Community Shield:thup:

Absolutely terrible game of football but a De Ligt header from a corner gave us a 1-0 win over Zinedine Zidane's Arsenal:

m6efCLF.jpg

Super Cup: :thup:

Much better performance here, Marcus Rashford coming off the bench for a double to clinch a 3-1 win:

hpgXGKC.jpg

Champions League: 

Groups have been drawn, Hertha BSC are a very good team these days:

z1tTG6V.png

My Squad:

GK: Gianluigi Donnarumma,  Yannick Becic(HG), Igor Arsenijevic(HG)

RB: Francisco García, Reece James(HG)

LB: Cizão, Daniel Atkins(HG)

CB: Matthijs de Ligt, Léo Guerreiro, Rúben Dias, Declan Rice(HG)

DM: Eduardo Camavinga, Thiago Hurtado, Federico Polito

CM: Ilaix Moriba, Jude Bellingham(HG)16. Michael Sant(HG)

AM: José Molina, Hannibal Mejbri(HG), Yassine Hamzaoui

IF: Kylian Mbappé, Marcus Rashford(HG), Mason Greenwood(HG), Ansu Fati

STRIKER: Erling Haaland, Sebastiano Esposito, Marcos Vinícius

YOUTH OPPORTUNITIES: Fareed Ismail (GK), Dan Bordei (AM R), Waldemar (AMC), James Dill (CM))(HG), Sean Llewellyn (AM R/L)(HG), Nei (AMC)(HG)

*regen/newgen

England:

Decided to leave England after the World Cup, International management is so lifeless in FM - an area of the game that's needed improvement for years.

Edited by stevemc

Season Review - 2021/22 - it does not get much better than this for United fans!

Our run to the Champions League final meant that we qualified for FIFA’s expanded Club World Cup, held in China in June 2021. UEFA had 8 of the 24 places, with 4 of them coming from England: ourselves, Liverpool, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur. We beat Mexico’s Club America 3-1 and South Korea’s Jeonbuk 5-1 to win our mini-group and set up a quarter-final against Real Madrid. The long season caught up with the players and we lost 0-1 to a Madrid side that would go on to lift the trophy.

After our big spending the previous season I did not expect to be very active in the transfer market. Erling Haaland joined for £35m and back-up keeper Josip Posavec came in to replace the departing Sergio Romero. Jude Bellingham had been signed in January and he returned from a Championship winning loan spell at West Bromwich Albion. We were alerted to the availability of Barcelona’s Ousmane Dembele but it was clear that he was committed to signing for Chelsea and I was not prepared to pay him the kind of wage he was looking for. With Juan Mata leaving on a free transfer and Fred being sold to West Ham United for £15.5m I eventually decided to bolster our attack, breaking our transfer record to activate the £90m release clause of Jamaican forward Leon Bailey. As a left-footed winger Bailey was the perfect fit for Ryan Giggs’ number 11 shirt that had been vacant since 2019. I also made changes to some other squad numbers; switching James Maddison from the number 25 he initially wore to 17, Mason Greenwood to 19 and Moussa Dembele being rewarded for his Champions League winning goal and Premier League golden boot by getting the number 9 shirt. The previous holder of that shirt, Anthony Martial, was given number 14 but he could no longer be guaranteed a regular starting place so he went to Valencia on loan.

We opened our league campaign at Tottenham and two late goals from Maddison and Rashford gave us a 2-0 victory. Rashford then scored twice in a 2-0 victory over Chelsea in the UEFA Super Cup at Belfast’s Windsor Park. It was only the second time in the club’s history that we had won that competition and I was delighted to have done so. There were further 2-0 victories in the league over Aston Villa and Burnley and the only blemish in August was Rashford’s missed penalty in the last minute of a goalless Manchester derby at Old Trafford. We were absolutely flying in the autumn, keeping pace with an equally relentless Liverpool at the top of the table. We won all six of our Champions League group games and although a rotated side lost 0-1 at home to Tottenham in the League Cup we remained unbeaten in the league going in to the new year. Dembele was scoring goals, including a hat trick in a 5-1 thrashing of Leicester on 1 December, and new signings Haaland and Bailey were also amongst the goals. Jude Bellingham’s opportunities were limited to start with but he announced his arrival with a stoppage time winner from 25 yards in a 3-2 win over Newcastle.

The goals dried up a bit in January. Although we best West Brom 4-0 and Southampton 5-0 (with another Dembele hat trick), we drew 0-0 at Chelsea and Aston Villa and could only manage 1-1 draw at Bournemouth. We also needed a replay to progress past Watford in the FA Cup. We returned to winning ways with a 2-0 victory at home to Tottenham but that game was marred by Bailey breaking his wrist and being ruled out for eight weeks. Liverpool had a wobble of their own, losing for the first time in the league at Arsenal, but they came back strongly and were only a point behind us by the time of the winter break in February. We were still unbeaten and the league was in our own hands with 12 matches remaining, but the relative drop off in form of Rashford, Sancho, Haaland and Fernandes was a bit of a concern for me. I hoped that a week’s holiday would allow them to recharge their batteries for the business end of the season.

So much for the rest. In the first minute of the next match at home to Cardiff City a robust challenge on Marcus Rashford broke his ankle and for the second year running ruled the poor lad out of the title run in. We had something of an injury crisis in the wide positions with Sancho and Greenwood picking up knocks to join Bailey and Rashford on the sidelines. I had to make a tactical change and did so by switching to 4-1-3-2 with Rice playing behind a three man midfield of Maddison, McTominay and Fernandes and Haaland partnering Dembele up front. The results were impressive, we won 1-0 at Manchester City in the fifth round of the FA Cup before beating Arsenal 4-0 and effectively ending their title hopes. We went a goal down at Leicester but a Haaland hat trick meant we came back to win 4-1. Liverpool’s form was relentless but we were a point ahead with eight games left.

We faced AC Milan in the last 16 of the Champions League and after a 1-1 draw at the San Siro we narrowly beat them 2-1 at Old Trafford. We had Ben Chilwell to thank for a last minute clearance off the line when a goal would have eliminated us. Barcelona were up next and a tight tie was settled in the first leg when James and Haaland came off the bench to both score in a 2-0 victory. We always looked comfortable in the second leg as we played out a 0-0 draw at Camp Nou. Chelsea were then brushed aside 3-0 on aggregate to set up a dream final against bitter rivals Liverpool. Progress in Europe meant that our Premier League home fixture against Liverpool was moved to the last week of the season. In the FA Cup, a 2-1 sixth round victory at West Ham was followed by a Wembley semi-final against Burnley. I rested Maddison but goals from Bailey, McTominay and Garner put us in to the final, where we would again face Liverpool.

So both Manchester Untied and Liverpool had the chance to win the treble at the other’s expense. The first showdown was in the Premier League and our rescheduled match at Old Trafford on Wednesday 11 May. We had 88 points from 36 games, with Arsenal second on 87 but having played a game more. Liverpool had drawn two out of their least three and had 85 from 36 games, so a win for us would clinch the title. It was a tense occasion with so much at stake. We had the best of the first half but Liverpool took the lead after half time when Fabinho took advantage of some poor marking from a free kick to head in at the far post. It looked like being one of those nights as we struggled to break through their experienced defence, but in the 79th minute Maguire connected to a Fernandes corner and equalised. It was a massive point for us and we went in to the last day of the season top on 89 points, with Arsenal and Liverpool on 87 and 86 respectively. A home match against bottom side Sheffield Wednesday, who were already relegated, was as kind a fixture as we could have wished for and we enjoyed an emphatic 6-1 victory to secure the club’s first Premier League title since 2013, as well as emulating Arsenal's 2004 'invincibles' by going a whole league season unbeaten. Marcus Rashford returned from injury and came off the bench to score.

The FA Cup Final against Liverpool was a disappointment. We took the lead through a Dembele goal on 28 minutes but they equalised from the penalty spot just before half time and then took the lead on the hour though a Rhian Brewster goal. Dembele had an equalising goal disallowed for offside before Joel Matip sealed Liverpool’s 3-1 victory with five minutes to go. The Champions League Final in Munich on 28 May provided the chance for revenge and to win back-to-back European Cups for the first time in the club’s history. There wasn’t much in the first half, though we struggled against Liverpool’s high pressing intensity. Dembele missed a fine chance on 23 minutes before a 25-metre left footed drive from Maddison on 41 minutes gave us a half time advantage. Liverpool dominated most of the play in the second half and equalised through Firmino after 64 minutes. I was pleased to make it to extra time and was already thinking of penalty takers when Naby Keita was sent off for a second booking just before the end of the first period. This was our chance to win it and straight after the start of the second period Luke Shaw won the ball back and played it quickly up to Dembele, who advanced and fired home the winning goal from just inside the penalty area. We had successfully retained the Champions League, beating our biggest rivals on the biggest stage of all!

Edited by stevecummins78

So having won the league and Champions League double in my third season I might start again with the latest database update, but limit my spending to make it more realistic.

Are United players much changed with the latest update?

Also, I’ve noticed that player’s preferred positions can vary from save to save. For example, Axel Tuanzabe preferred to play on the right of defence in one new test save I loaded up, then I did another and it said he preferred the left!

4 hours ago, stevecummins78 said:

Also, I’ve noticed that player’s preferred positions can vary from save to save. For example, Axel Tuanzabe preferred to play on the right of defence in one new test save I loaded up, then I did another and it said he preferred the left!

I asked about this a few days ago and it makes no difference, it doesn't have any negative impact if you don't play them on their 'preferred' side. 

4 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I asked about this a few days ago and it makes no difference, it doesn't have any negative impact if you don't play them on their 'preferred' side. 

Why do thy include  it in the game then?

5 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I think it's just for added realism, it's their preferred sides in real life but it has no impact on the game. 

I’d understand that if it was consistent, but every time I start a new save some seem to have changed!

I just find it odd how the game randomly assigns a side. I’ve got a CB the was retrained after he came through a youth intake as a pure RB. Anyways he’s now my 3rd choice CB but when played there he prefers to be on the left of a 2 man defence for some reason.

On the whole I imagine it’s possibly some sort of ‘proof of concept’ by SI to improve realism, like how Terry always played on the left, Ferdinand on the right in whichever defence they were part of, or how Pogba is well known for being played on the left for both club and country

Edited by Zeonflux

On 15/06/2020 at 17:49, Gee_Simpson said:

The one player I have noticed that doesn't perform on the opposite side to his preferred is Pogba. If i play him as a MC on the right of a two man pairing he won't perform what ever you have him as or no matter the system.

Currently in 2023 won back to back champs league but still not won the league yet, went to sign Gareth bale with me being welsh and all that and he’s a director of football at 33. He retired young not sure if he’s done same on any of your saves. 

On 10/06/2020 at 12:32, Gee_Simpson said:

They can definitely make it imo. Tuanzebe has more potential than Lindelof and Garner is a

Reveal hidden contents

I have two saves where i won the league 2nd seasons. Both times Tuanzebe was a regular starter. For those who tactically like CBs with good Positioning, anticipation and Pace, he's excellent if he's played regularly. 

3 hours ago, Nol1968 said:

I have two saves where i won the league 2nd seasons. Both times Tuanzebe was a regular starter. For those who tactically like CBs with good Positioning, anticipation and Pace, he's excellent if he's played regularly. 

He's been my first choice alongside Maguire since season 1 (now four seasons in). He's almost become a modern day Rio for me. Quick, excellent positionally and can carry the ball out from the back. 

I'm going into the 24/25 season with a fairly bloated first team, which is quite frustrating given my initial intentions. 

Following us winning the Premier League (unbeaten) and the Champions League, I had intended to move some of the big earners on, and build around the exciting young players that have quickly become the core of my team (Laird, Tuanzebe, Bellingham, Sancho, Greenwood). A streamlined squad would allow for easier integration of the excellent prospects I have in the academy.  Our new owner's decision to add Skriniar and De Jong to the squad for silly fees and silly wages has made me put this plan on hold for now; one more season of big names then I'll begin to phase out the high earners. 

First Team.PNG

u18.PNG

U23.PNG

Hi does anyone here know how to "move" the coaching staff to other positions within the club without firing them? 

I've heard one or two people mentioning that they did (for example - moved Mike Phelan to the U-23s) without understanding how they managed to do so. (I can't see the option to do so under the Staff section)

This would be a brilliant alternative to firing them and then re-hiring them in a different position after months

Edited by RedJosh

11 hours ago, RedJosh said:

Hi does anyone here know how to "move" the coaching staff to other positions within the club without firing them? 

I've heard one or two people mentioning that they did (for example - moved Mike Phelan to the U-23s) without understanding how they managed to do so. (I can't see the option to do so under the Staff section)

This would be a brilliant alternative to firing them and then re-hiring them in a different position after months

Not the answer you're looking for, but the closest I've come to this is signing Ole as my U19's Manager :')

I've never been able to 'demote' anyone.

12 hours ago, RedJosh said:

Think only way of doing it is to offer them a new contract with the new role.

After finding out that the game comes with the xbox gamepass I finally gave 2020 a go. Starting the third season right now and the career is keeping my interest so far so I decided to share how things are turning out.

I started from January instead of the beginning of the season. As far as I remember we were 1 point from 4th place at the time. Didn't get busy on the transfer market, only one player coming in the first team and one going. The new arrival was Presnel Kimpembe for £27m from PSG. Although I had plenty of CB options at my disposal, I really wanted to get a solid partnership between Maguire and someone else. And none of Jones, Bailly or Lindelof quite fit my vision for a long term pairing. The one leaving was Pereira for £12.5m. Some U23 players moved on loan and Sofian Augarreau joined the U23 team for £2.6m (and immediately got sent on loan as well).

11.thumb.png.0b5ee9c600fbde32cd7db21c379eba36.png

We really didn't manage to impress and were quite inconsistent through the remaining of the season. That was the case with the others as well and we remained just outside of top 4 until quite late. But then we found consistency towards the end. We were consistently bad and after 3 straight losses against Bournemouth, Arsenal and West Ham and them a draw in the last day against Leicester we ended up 11 points behind the 4th placed Arsenal. Liverpool won the title convincingly and City and Tottenham ended up taking 2nd and 3rd spot respectively.

12.thumb.png.7d5a8637b760ccf583c4ce3ef6df3582.png

There was still some hope though. We had won Carabao Cup after facing Tottenham in the final and we managed to get to FA Cup and Europa League finals. So a treble was potentially on the table. But things quickly turned into an absolute nightmare. City trashed us 3:0 for the FA Cup and then Arsenal of all teams absolutely embarassed us in the EL. David Luiz ended up a MOTM to top it all.

13.thumb.png.5011512c80d9390580967de02e624cda.png 14.thumb.png.a9a2a6caf2c61ffe90d7ad0f259a9124.png 15.thumb.png.872ce8a60c5d7360389c8199eed27b72.png

After the absolutely horrifying end of the first season changes had to be made.

I got 200+ million to spend.

PSG came in with a £114m bid for Pogba early in the window. I just couldn't make him and Bruno work and decided to let him go. With Smalling coming back from loan, having already got Kimpembe and Tuanzebe settling in quite nicely I was okay with losing some of the options I had in defense. Bailly, Jones and Lindelof left for a total of £70m. Mata (£10m), James (£15m) and Romero (£5m) were the others who left. Matic also went to China on a free but for some reason I can't see him in the transfer history for the season?

4 new faces joined for almost £200m. Jack Grealish joined for £42m to offer me quality alternative to both Bruno behind the striker and Rashford on the left. Didn't get him quite as cheap as I hoped after Villa barely avoided relegation but after the massive income generated from sales I wasn't too bothered by that. Sancho was a very necessary breath of fresh air on the right where last season my options were Greenwood, Lingard and James. Had to throw £90m at Dortmund but after the Pogba sale I had already decided to go for it no matter the cost. And then come the ones who actually had to replace Pogba in the middle. I activated Mikel Merino's £39m release clause and then paid Fiorentina £25.5m for Gaetano Castrovilli. None of them was quite on Paul's level but with Mctominay and Fred overall it was a pretty well rounded midfield which is all I needed with Fernandes and Grealish in front of them.

21.thumb.png.d76bd29cd2ea5f851c1bdece24cf1c65.png

We started the season with a disappointing loss against Burnley. Got a comfortable 0:2 lead, kept the match under control and then conceded in 79, 84 and 86 minute. Two of the goals were scored by Chris Wood and that ended up being 1/3 of his impressive 6 goal record for the season. Good stuff. 

Understandably I expected more of the same after the last season and the start against Burnley. But things quickly changed for better and we went on a 10 win streak in the PL and 16 in all competitions. Naturally we couldn't keep such a form going but overall we managed to give Liverpool (who were absolutely ridiculous and didn't trail behind even during our initial winning streak) a fight. They ended up champions with 93 points, 110 goals scored, only 20 allowed. Despite not being even close in goal difference, we challanged them until the very last match day when we were a point behind. We won our match, sadly they did as well and were crowned with their 20th title. Something that really should give us a kick up the ass. They also won their 3rd CL in a row (second in the game).

22.thumb.png.c65cc8115208170ba1117384016213de.png

Rashford was an absolute monster, ended up with 28 goals and 10 assists in 37 league games, became the league top goal scorer and got the golden boot. What's more impressive is he did it mostly from the left wing. Sancho made a very decent first season with 9 goals and 13 assists, certainly way more productive than what I could've expected from Lingard. Bruno topped the assists chart with 15 and added 6 goals on top of them. Maguire was another stand out after being brilliant defensively in pair with Kimpambe and also chipping in 7 goals.

After a way more promising seson than the first one, there wasn't as much pressure to deliver on the transfer market. And the summer window ended up being quite quiet for us. Lingard, Smalling, Fred and Rojo all left for a total of £67 million.

The first new addition was a familiar face. Januzaj came back to the club. I needed another option for the right wing after Lingard's departure and Adnan seemed like a perfect option - academy product, was fine with being a squad player, and his wage demands were quite reasonable. There was an £18m buy back clause in his Sociedad contract +25% of the profit coming to us so it ended up being more like £15.5m.

Then Fred's replacement came from Sassuolo for £19m - Manuel Locatelli. I'm a big fan of players like him, Castrovilli and Merino who can do pretty much any job in midfield.

Finally, I needed a 4th CB option after Smalling and Rojo leaving. Tyrone Mings ended up being my choice and he joined for £14m from Villa. Decent in any aspect of the game, cheap, with PL experience and also being able to fill in at left back.

31.thumb.png.9a4921f0dcc1c3ef109f08def12a71e9.png

32.thumb.png.dba518b7d4126f32606ceffd6db84ba6.png 33.thumb.png.1121e6d40de4941d1fee5b73338eebe3.png 34.thumb.png.2a3ea1bf0310e22ebed9752e77910d70.png

And here is the squad that will have the job to once again knock Liverpool of their fcking perch.

35.thumb.png.372941c02399c5234fb2cc7fbd3272b1.png

Edit: I have no idea how to deal with the two repeated thumbnails on the end of the post. They reappear after editing the reply and removing them so just enjoy them.

image.png

image.png

Edited by judyislife

So with football returning after the Covid 19 break, I’m thinking of starting a new Man Utd save. 
But I’m not sure if to start at the beginning as normal, or if to load up a league so I can start and takeover in late December and or January of season 1, preferably with Man Utd in like 5th-7th in the league, kind of taking them from where they were before the lockdown and finishing the season.

EDIT: Only issue I have come across, is if I load up a league so I can have the start date in January, it looks like you don’t get the youth intake in the 1st season. Not the biggest issue for me but something to think about.

Edited by sedge11

Starting a United save and want to use a 4-3-3 formation with a DM my issue is what roles to use for teh CM's (Bruno and Pogba) and what the DM should be, Also struggled to get teams to score using this formation so any advice would be great including signings for DM and RW

3 hours ago, Footygamer89YT said:

Starting a United save and want to use a 4-3-3 formation with a DM my issue is what roles to use for teh CM's (Bruno and Pogba) and what the DM should be, Also struggled to get teams to score using this formation so any advice would be great including signings for DM and RW

I’ve used Bruno as a mezzala, he’s insanely good in that role. Pogba maybe go a dlp, he’s someone I struggled to get much out of this year, but hoping for better success on a new save.

Dm wise could play a BWM or a dlp on defend, depends on the player really, Mctominay works well as a BWM while Matic is better at dlp.

Just finished my third season.

Rather than overtake Liverpool we ended up dropping to third behind City as well. That meant third title in a row for Liverpool, 21st in total. What bothers me the most is how bad we were through long periods and how despite that we ended up quite close to the title race.

41.thumb.png.7c52e1a3705410b89085b99c5392265d.png

We did manage to get to the CL final (although after an admittedly not very hard run). Rashford got injured in the 93th minute of the final league game for the season which meant we were to face Liverpool without our best player.

Martial scored in the 2nd minute and missed a penalty in the 33rd. We kept controlling the game and missed a another couple of clear cut chances. And then damn Jordan Henderson scored two in 81st and 88th minute. I wasn't even angry, it was actually ridiculous. :lol: Those goals won them a 4th CL in a row adding to the PL and all the domestic cups which they won as well. This game is actually getting disgusting.

42.thumb.png.dda7066f5a92730cd5f3cd4c77690fcc.png

Rashford ended up being a top goal scorer in the PL for a second year in a row with 21 goals from the left wing. Absolutely dragging us forward at times. Martial was the team's top goal scorer in all competitions though with 25 - 1 more than Marcus. Who ended up also having most assissts though with 14, Bruno wasn't far behind in that regard with 11 (and also adding 6 goals). Tuanzebe ended up with the highest average rating and is progressing extremely well, I'm seriously considering having him replace one of Maguire or Kimpembe in my main CB pair.

43.thumb.png.df2b65ad89818cf03893f44c275ad365.png 44.thumb.png.167cdbdcae2a07c10e6c2471924f395a.png

45.thumb.png.d83cccff1b4d8c47c0a351f9e02838d8.png 46.thumb.png.0f627cc3378e59ab37c8a71b63d09fb8.png 50.thumb.png.b8c99f87f0e06bca38565b73ea81825a.png

Out of the kids Greenwood and Gomes are progressing extremely well and together with Williams are turning into a major part of the team. Same with Axel who I showed already. Mason broke his foot and missed the second half of last season, this season he had some long goal droughts and is starting to push himself into first team contention only now. 

47.thumb.png.1d9ce4082621b05ed2bc439fdaa32149.png 48.thumb.png.8aec6275ba0ba0b9c19cd9d9dfd3d8f3.png 49.thumb.png.b297c86bf4111b2198438ce3352c379b.png

There's an important transfer window ahead, it's about time for us to put in a serious title challange rather than half assed crawling through the season and relying on others being worse. I don't have any plans about what to look for yet but I have a left back lined up so one thing I'm defenitely going to do is find Shaw a buyer. He's getting injured all the time and has the attitude to complaing about not playing enough because barely being fit for half of the games. Villa are interested in him so I hope that will work out. Sanchez's contract is finally running out so that's another one out. Sancho is wanted by Barcelona and we'll see how that goes as well. If he starts crying about leaving, I'll probably let him go, I'm not going to bother dealing with unhappy players.

Edited by judyislife

On 28/06/2020 at 08:06, sedge11 said:

I’ve used Bruno as a mezzala, he’s insanely good in that role. Pogba maybe go a dlp, he’s someone I struggled to get much out of this year, but hoping for better success on a new save.

Dm wise could play a BWM or a dlp on defend, depends on the player really, Mctominay works well as a BWM while Matic is better at dlp.

Cheers man and you using this formation on that new save or ?

10 hours ago, Footygamer89YT said:

Cheers man and you using this formation on that new save or ?

Yea will be my main formation, with a 4-2-3-1 as a secondary tactic.

For the DM role as well, Matic is also good as just a defensive mid on either defend or support.

So my new Man Utd save is started.

I wanted a different challenge, so I decided to start in January of the 1st season, I kind of wanted to take Man Utd pre lockdown when they were struggling (before Bruno) and get them back into the top 4 and competing. So what I did was to pick a random League and had the start date of 20/1/2020, then when I loaded up was to make sure Man Utd weren't in the top 4, and to also kind of have the league looking as realistic as possible. 

It took a few attempts but I got one, so this how the table looked when I started and took over.

1017636759_tablewhentakeover.thumb.png.1e510dbc8541c9d9d6186315d99b8b8b.png

So as you can see 12 points off top 4 with 15 games to go, so will be a challenge.

We also have Gladbach in europa 1st knockout round and Bournemouth in 4th round of fa cup, while they were out of the carabao cup.

A couple of things to note with starting the save in January:

• The January transfers count very much as that, with the players joining date as the 19/1/2020, which I quite like instead of having them at the start of a season, so Bruno has just joined and is yet to play and make his debut.
  • Pogba and Mctominay both start with injuries that seem very similar to what they had in real life, not sure if coded in or luck with that start date, both only been out a month but neither have played a game yet, which is slightly weird.
  • During a test run there was no youth intake on the 1st season, that is a shame but with the amount of good youngsters we have I'm not overly bothered.
  • I also disabled the 1st window, so that means the rest of the January window is disbaled.

Season 2019-2020: Part 1

After spending much longer than expected on an EFL save managing Bolton, I've finally got round to starting my annual United save. Generally I like to wheel and deal at whichever club I manage, but I'm going to try to be a bit more hesitant in the transfer window with this career as I'd like to give our many talented youth prospects the opportunity to develop. Here is how I've got on so far...

Backroom Enhancements

I believe a quality Head of Youth Development is essential, therefore I was delighted to secure my first choice for this position Bernhard Peters. Some managers don't see value in having a Director of Football but I sometimes like to utilise the 'suggest transfer targets' function to get fresh ideas - I hired ex-Barcelona and Milan Director Ariedo Braida. I cleared out most of the coaches, including Carrick who sadly just isn't good enough, and brought in a raft of replacements including Miguel D'Agostino and Danny McGrain. I was surprised to find that the standard of goalkeeping coach was poor across all levels, so I brought in six new goalkeeping coaches.

Tactical Intentions

I intend to play a 4-2-3-1 (wide) formation, with a secondary but similar 4-5-1 formation familiarised in case of the need to be more defensive. The desire to play Bruno Fernandes in a central attacking midfield position was a major influence when deciding on a tactic. Pogba would play deeper, hopefully building up a strong relationship with Bruno. Pogba had expressed an interest in leaving early into my tenure, however our private discussion went well and he has been settled thus far since.

Player Recruitment

My two primary transfer targets when commencing this save were Jadon Sancho and Jude Bellingham. Right wing is for me probably the biggest weakness in the squad and Sancho is a quality player with great potential who I wanted to secure before my rivals. Bellingham, on the other hand is a prestigious talent who I want the opportunity to develop. With a budget of £50m I decided to try something new and ask the board to handle signing for Sancho. To my delight they got the job done, securing him for £90m. I had a deal for Bellingham agreed, but that fell through when my budget was depleted to £0. I sold experienced players Mata (to Wolves) and Matic (to Leicester) for a combined £25.5m. This allowed me to renegotiate with Birmingham and complete a £22m deal.

I offered out Periera and Lingard as I would prefer to give Greenwood, Chong and Gomes opportunities, however the bids I received were below my valuations of the pair, so I elected to keep them, for now. I pulled off what I believe to be somewhat of a masterstroke though, recalling Marcos Rojo from his loan and then selling him to Guangzhou Evergrande for £16.5m. My final deal of the window was for Mexican wonderkid striker José Juan Macias for £16.5m from Chivas. The only downside was I had to pay him £80k per week wages in order to secure his work permit.

I tried to sign 17 year old Anderlecht winger Jeremy Doku during the transfer window, however his club wanted a deal totaling around £15m and we just didn't have the money so had to step away. After the window had closed Doku became unsettled and handed in a transfer request. I was frankly shocked to see him listed for £1.3m so I swooped up and signed him. He joins in January.

Youth Focus

One of my first order of business was to renew the contracts of Tahith Chong, Aidan Barlow and Angel Gomes (if only we could have done this in real life...). I asked the board for a feeder club and selected Derby from the options presented due to their excellent training facilities and the chance for my players to play alongside Rooney. I sent Garner and Laird there and I am really hoping they get a lot of game time. I intend to give some of the younger players opportunities in the Europa League, where we have drawn PSV, Getafe and AIK.

The summer before the 4th season came. Shaw headed to Porto for 20 million as I had a replacement lined in as I mentioned earlier.

Barcelona didn't drop their interest in Sancho and started bidding at 100 million. After a few offers the sum reached 151 million and Jadon was already unhappy about me rejecting them so I decided to let him go. In contrast Bruno who Real started bidding for didn't even wan't to hear their offer according to his agent (not that I would have accepted anyway). I love the man.

Now for their replacements. Rayan Ait-Nouri joined us from Angers for 14.75 million. Looks as good as Shaw defensively, better going forward and most importantly - not injury prone. He also had just turned 21 so we can potentially get a lot  of service out of him.

And the one who got the burden of replacing Sancho was Diogo Jota. He would need some retraining as he's not natural on the right wing but he was already offering similar numbers to Sancho in a seriously struggling Wolves side and is exactly what I was looking for ability wise. He is also both footed which I absolutely love in a winger as it offers a lot of versatility in attack. They let him go for 44.5 million.

I also paid a little bit more than a million for a young Norwegian keeper. He doesn't have outstanding potential or anything, I just needed a half-decent GK for the U23 side after a few left us.

51.thumb.png.09bc955e217c3057287757979cdf1e28.png

52.thumb.png.9e504ff0a9096331c6cd69577475762c.png 53.thumb.png.d8491e2cf4864cd6608bf5997d8aa685.png 54.thumb.png.7790f001906fc1c4bf7d90f746871e89.png

And this is how the squad looked after the summer.

55.thumb.png.50f6942b78ef256f03f892edb6947b60.png

We started well in the PL - 3 quite comfortable wins against Everton, Brentford and Bournemouth and 2 understandable draws against City and Liverpool where we missed Rashford. Against Liverpool Bruno was injured as well, it's just ridiculous how I always lose important players right before games against them.

56.thumb.png.4bcd65f8da393b7fd45f40022b93bcf6.png 57.thumb.png.f04e5c74a778175742ba6129e0bca421.png

In present time it's February already. And things are looking good. We're 5 points ahead of City and Liverpool, the former do have 2 matches in hand though. The difference between this season and the previous ones is the defense - it's absolutely outstanding. Only 7 conceded goals in 21 matches, 3 of them in a crazy 4:3 win against Cardiff. The other 4 against Liverpool, Leicester, Wolves and Chelsea. 16 clean sheets.

71.thumb.png.239ec50e0e037a3912eed1806a60cb94.png 72.thumb.png.20bc4ee24cd171fc5c475825dea7ff21.png

In Carabao cup we got sent home by Bristol in our first game. I didn't really mind as the eventual winter World Cup really messed the fixture list up. Spurs defeated us in the FA Cup 4th round as well.

We did get through an admittedly easy CL group with Sporting, Kobenhavn and Krasnodar and will face Bayern in the 1/8 finals.

73.thumb.png.3860b0e5f849b44b8327a1d177f1b70f.png

There was some activity on the transfer market as well. I was having hard time offering enough game time to Kimpambe (who was expecting to be a key player) as the partnership between Maguire and Tuanzebe worked way too well as demonstrated by our defensive record. Understandably he got unhappy and I decided to move him on. Benfica and Chelsea both offered 40 million, I accepted only Benfica's offer and thankfully he was happy to move to Portugal. Mings who has been doing great in his time here is basically promoted to being a third choice and I got one of Benfica's young defenders for 3.8 million. I also started training Garner as a ball playing defender so the two of them will basically share the 4th defender duty.

74.thumb.png.a27f6a2358b6596c70069409709d7fef.png 75.thumb.png.ce83ecc5898dde031ae05ef15a9dd41f.png

In terms of performances Wan Bissaka and our new LB Ait-Nouri are head and shoulders above everyone else. They played a huge part in our brilliant defensive record and are also doing great going forward. Rashford missed some matches because of injury and needed some time to get going again after retruning but once he switched on he continued to be the driving force in our attack for yet another year. Jota is taking time to settle into his new role and produce consistently but he's already offering something I never managed to get out of Sancho - important goals. He already scored 3 or 4 winners and I believe he can kick into another gear and offer us from the right what Rashford does from the left.

76.thumb.png.070f53ac11fb709b8d2860d77844a231.png 77.thumb.png.68fe828bf2a26c854cf0db7248d135f8.png

78.thumb.png.7f7224bda626bc846fdbf15405d35aeb.png 79.thumb.png.3bec2acd1204d4d181a586d5135d7a91.png

I'm also starting to integrate Hannibal and Garner more into the first team and I like what I see so far.

80.thumb.png.7c5e494f364a6a396426c311096531e4.png 81.thumb.png.c2d1c95dfe4a14124674564d22bb63a0.png

As for the World Cup that just passed - France won it after a final against Ghana. Martial won the golden boot after scoring 6 goals, got the Best Player award and, obviously, was selected in the dream team.

Edit: Arsenal annoyed me during the whole winter window by constantly making offers for Gomes and Garner. So I made a low offer for Martinelli and just saw now that he did eventually get unhappy because of it and put in a transfer request that was accepted. :lol: 

Edited by judyislife

Season 2019-2020: Part 2

195901129_Schedule1.thumb.png.47a596a5908352f5c35223085f957147.png

Pre-season is all about building match fitness, squad togetherness, tactical awareness and team morale. In a busy period of games we scored more than four goals in seven out of eight pre-season fixtures, so I was certainly pleased with how things went. We carried our electric form into the start of the league campaign, thrashing both Sheffield United and Aston Villa. Martial got a hat-trick on the first day of the season and Rashford bagged a brace on matchday two. Fernandes was great in both fixtures.

What followed was a frustrating period of four draws. They came against decent sides, but I felt we deserved so much more from the period. Spurs parked the bus in classic Mourinho style. We had 29 shots, 15 of which were on target and 63% possession, but only drew 0-0. To add salt in the wound, Sancho got ruled out for two months with an injury incurred only four minutes into the game. Then we were 2-0 up against Everton, when we capitulated and conceded in the 89th and 95th minutes to draw.

The win against Getafe in the Europa League was a real highlight as I played a very young side and we won comfortably with Greenwood, Chong and Bellingham bagging the goals. Another young player, Macias, got his first goal - a late equaliser against Leicester.

1708477689_Schedule2.thumb.png.45c650918eaa6834ee79eb0a34e9016e.png

A 7-1 trouncing of Norwich was very enjoyable, but even more pleasing was the 3-0 win against Liverpool that followed. Hometown hero Marcus Rashford stepped up when it mattered scoring a hat-trick against the Scousers. This win was made more impressive, I thought, due to the fact that I had to start Lingard and James as Martial and Sancho wer both out injured.

Although we'd had a few too many draws, I was very pleased we made it to late October without losing a match. Defeat finally came when we lost to Arsenal in a frustrating game in which we were the better side. I knew luck was not with us that day when David Luiz smashed in a world-class free kick. I played a younger side against City and we lost, exiting the Carabao Cup. Rashford won Premier League player of the month for October.At the point of writing this update we sit in 7th place, six points off 4th with a game in hand. I'm not disheartened as I knew this would take time with a very young squad. The defence needs reinforcements but that is a job for another transfer window as securing Sancho and Bellingham took precedence. A couple of our draws could easily have been wins, and that would have seen us into the top four. Plenty of season still to play.

Update: I'm gutted to report that Fernandes has just been ruled out for two months with torn ankle ligaments. On the bright side, this creates opportunities for the likes of Bellingham and Gomes.

Edited by Dong21

On 30/06/2020 at 22:39, judyislife said:

In terms of performances Wan Bissaka and our new LB Ait-Nouri are head and shoulders above everyone else. They played a huge part in our brilliant defensive record and are also doing great going forward. Rashford missed some matches because of injury and needed some time to get going again after retruning but once he switched on he continued to be the driving force in our attack for yet another year. Jota is taking time to settle into his new role and produce consistently but he's already offering something I never managed to get out of Sancho - important goals. He already scored 3 or 4 winners and I believe he can kick into another gear and offer us from the right what Rashford does from the left.

76.thumb.png.070f53ac11fb709b8d2860d77844a231.png 77.thumb.png.68fe828bf2a26c854cf0db7248d135f8.png

Never signed Nouri, he looks quality. Will definitely be someone I look at in future and maybe for my current save too.

So as my previous post, I took charge in January.

We were 12 points off top 4 and Arsenal, we had a brilliant start and closed the gap very quickly and this is how the table finished.

1536564701_s1table.thumb.png.7ce4e2a14a874c077221b5347cfb3450.png

So we turned a 12 point deficit to a 6 point lead in an incredible turn around. Arsenal and Spurs falling apart abit while we kept getting results.

We managed to walk away with a piece of silverware as well, winning the Europa league.

1658064731_europas1.thumb.png.b92d9104f22a9a8374f795440615ed7c.png

Was an excellent performance, sadly Martial who was our top scorer in the comp was injured and missed the final.

This was our results from when we took over.

63143175_fixture1.thumb.png.1ef4ea153030c093c14bf414317b6ebb.png

1885692068_fixture2.thumb.png.2171d345b62b3f9450f5c923ebcfea28.png 

Our only losses come to Liverpool, the league loss in particular was hard to take, but they just battered us. Overall though I am very happy to get the top 4 and win a trophy in the 1st season.

Maguire, Bruno and Greenwood were probably my best performers from the January onwards. 

The board have given me 160 mil to spend, I plan on getting a RW, DM and maybe a CB. Sancho is the obvious target but I am going to avoid him, as lots of people buy him plus on my previous save I did buy him and use him for 2 seasons before selling.

Already have deals on the go to sell Jones, Lingard, Mata and Bailly.

Edited by sedge11

@sedge11 Nice 2nd half of the season :thup:

What were Pogba, Bruno and Greenwood's stats for the 2nd half? I'm coming to the end of my 1st season (finally!) and Greenwood has done excellent in my 4231, top goalscorer for the season, but Bruno didn't score many, got double figures in assists playing as AM (S) but only 2 or 3 goals.

Pogba was poor as a BBM in the '2', so much so that I may sell him this summer, he doesn't fit into a 4231 that well anyway it seems. Frustrating as in my test saves he done really well as a BBM in the 4231 but in my proper save he didn't do much at all, a few goals (one hattrick near the end of the season) and a few assists but didn't impress me really. I would like to get more goals out of Bruno in the AMC spot but not sure how. I may try him as a Treq but I don't like the fact that a Treq doesn't press as my tactic employs a high aggressive press. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

4 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

@sedge11 Nice 2nd half of the season :thup:

What were Pogba, Bruno and Greenwood's stats for the 2nd half? I'm coming to the end of my 1st season (finally!) and Greenwood has done excellent in my 4231, top goalscorer for the season, but Bruno didn't score many, got double figures in assists playing as AM (S) but only 2 or 3 goals.

Pogba was poor as a BBM in the '2', so much so that I may sell him this summe, he doesn't fit into a 4231 that well anyway it seems. Frustrating as in my test saves he done really well as a BBM in the 4231 but in my proper save he didn't do much at all, a few goals (one hattrick near the end of the season) and a few assists but didn't impress me really. I would like to get more goals out of Bruno in the AMC spot but not sure how. I may try him as a Treq but I don't like the fact that a Treq doesn't press as my tactic employs a high aggressive press. 

Well when I started in Jan, Pogba, Bruno and Greenwood hadn't played, I covered why in previous posts.

But Pogba got 6 goals 3 assists, so could of been better. 

Bruno got 7 goals and 11 assists. I play him as a mezzala on attack in a mid 3 and he's excellent in that role. I'm expecting big returns from Bruno for season 2, especially if my last save is anything to go by where he was regularly getting 20+ assists and 15 + goals. 

Greenwood got 11 goals and 5 assists.

8 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Well when I started in Jan, Pogba, Bruno and Greenwood hadn't played, I covered why in previous posts.

But Pogba got 6 goals 3 assists, so could of been better. 

Bruno got 7 goals and 11 assists. I play him as a mezzala on attack in a mid 3 and he's excellent in that role. I'm expecting big returns from Bruno for season 2, especially if my last save is anything to go by where he was regularly getting 20+ assists and 15 + goals. 

Greenwood got 11 goals and 5 assists.

Good stats there, better than my Pogba and Bruno anyway. 11 goals for Greenwood, that's probably a similar output to my Greenwood over one half of the season. 

Hmm.. yeah I have tried Bruno as a Mez on attack in a 4123 before and he's insane in that role, reason why I went for a 4231 is because it's probably my favourite formation and I like my striker to be very prolific, but if that's possible in a 4123 I may switch over, not sure yet, I may give the 4231 another season. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson