The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

58 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

Padders, is it me misunderstanding something or does the second screenshot show you buying a player from Man City for £83 028 000? 

Yes as above, had about 6-8 over the years

Did what the rules said, put in U23s and transfer listed

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@darren1983 - When you create the new topic, do add that some leagues does not run the first season! Norway is one of those. To solve it, just holiday two seasons.

edit: Correction, ONLY the top two tiers in Norway run the first season and without relegation in the lowest one. Holidaying a season will make the other leagues start as normal season 2. So holidaying through that will allow the normal promotion to the 3rd tier. The reason for this is that all amateur football has been suspended this season in real life.

Edited by XaW

766164.png.2da50267514e236b438f73ed0210ea75.png

Crispypaul
Floy

Norwegian Eliteserien

League - Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Table - won again

Cup - Fixtures - ditto

Champions League (2029/30) - Fixtures | Table - stuffed Red Star Belgrade 10-1 on aggregate in 2nd qualifying round.  A great 5-0 win at home to Celtic in the 3rd qualifying round was nearly blown as we lost 4-0 to scrape through.  Steau Bucharest were defeated to give us a group of Man Utd, Lazio and Dynamo Kiev.  Two wins at home to Lazio and away to Kiev along with a couple of draws were enough to give us 3rd spot and a place in the Europa League knockouts.

Other Norwegian teams continue to be terrible in Europe, so that we'll be in the 1st qualifying round next season....

Finances - rich

Transfers - some deadwood shifted and loaned out a couple of players

Squad - Henrik Andersen is being released at the end of the season, that's our last original squad member gone.

Key players

Henrik Ellingsen YP26a - now a first choice centre half for Norway 

Leif Otto Borhaug YP24e - absolutely brilliant, handful of Norway caps

Espen Sanden YP21f - consistent at the back

Yang Junkui YP23b - in the Norway squad consistently, expect him to be No. 1 soon

Espen Baras YP25e - our best CM

Ronny Pettersen YP25a - continues to be consistent at right back

Lee Dyer YP28b - good lord he is good.  Capped by Wales

Hilmar Sigurdsson YP27f - prolific from the Icelander, on the fringes of the national team

Martin Norheim YP25d - great on the left wing

Youth Update

Won everything domestically again.

(forgot to screenshot intake)

1. Kim Reidar Andersen YP29a - beginning | season end - (forgot early screenshot) promising midfielder

2. Mpho Davids YP29b - beginning | season end - South African born defender, made a handful of appearances

3. Kevin Saltveit YP29c -   beginning   | season end - promising defender

4. Emiel Bruce Mollestad YP29d -  beginning | season end - potential for a good striker

5. Tobias Arnesen YP29e - beginning | season end - pacy left winger

6. Jasper Eggerdink YP29f  season end - didn't tag earlier, promising winger

Season	 	Division	Position		Cup		Notes						
2020    	D2	      	 1st      		SF   		League winners, promoted
2021		D1		 5th			4th
2022		D1		 7th			SF
2023		D1		 1st			4th		League winners, promoted
2024		Elite		 5th			4th		
2025		Elite		 2nd			Runnersup	Qualified for ECL
2026		Elite		 1st			Winners		Mesterfinalen winners
2027		Elite		1st			Winners		Qualifed for EL knockouts
2028		Elite		1st			Winners		Qualified for CL groups
2029		Elite		1st			Winners		CL groups, EL knockouts

Future - really need to make more progress in Europe, but starting in the 1st qualifying round isn't helpful

Any experts? I have a lot of problems holding my best players. If I want to hold them most likely I need to give them **** transfer clausule if they will get any offer. My around 3 stars potential players are not so good to replace them and If I want to win the league I can't have player for more then 2 seasons :(

Crispypaul
Floy

Norwegian Eliteserien

League - Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Table - a lot closer this time as it wasn't decided until the final game but we did lift the title for the 5th time

Cup - Fixtures - a tight final went to penalties but we triumphed

Europa League (2029/30) - Fixtures - yes we really did beat Fenerbahce 13-0 on aggregate....Real Betis were then beaten in the 2nd Knockout Round although Everton were too much in the quarter finals.

Champions League (2030/31) - Fixtures | Table - starting in the 1st qualifying round is a pain but at least we're seeded.  Trips to Georgia and Ireland were straightforward, Elfsborg of Sweden were taken care of and we faced Ludogrets of Bulgaria for a place in the group stages which we achieved.  A very tough group of PSG, Man Utd and Gladbach awaited.  As expected the first two were a bit much but two wins over our German opponents at least gave us European football in the following spring.

Finances - minted.  We're in our new stadium now which is being expanded again to 13,000+seats so will be groundsharing most of the 2031 season.

Transfers - loaned out some players for extra money and offloaded some spare players.  Bologna and Udinese continue to sign our terrible youth players for some reason.

Squad 

Key players

Henrik Ellingsen YP26a - continues to be solid and our first player to play in the World Cup.

Leif Otto Borhaug YP24e - obviously great and was 3rd in the Champions League Forward of the Season awards

Espen Baras YP25e - solid in midfield

Arlind Elezi YP27a - now Ellingsen's partner in defence.  Surprised Albania haven't called him up.

Lee Dyer YP28b - great again, although doesn't seem to be pulling up trees for Wales

Hilmar Sigurdsson YP27f - prolific as usual but overlooked still by the Iceland team

Youth Update

Won the league but not the cup (which I see Molde have won two years in a row)

Intake

1. Bo Andre Brandsen YP30a - beginning | season end - I don't use AMCs so am converting him to a right winger

2. Espen Rike YP30b - beginning | season end - really promising right back, our backup first team one by season end.  Will likely be first choice soon.

3. Nino Borhaug YP30c -   beginning   | season end - promising keeper

4. Magnus Ring YP30d -  beginning | season end - Swedish right winger, not sure how he will develop

5. Ole Marius Engedal YP30e - beginning | season end - fractured his skull but should do well as I've been chasing some interest off

6. Oyvind Knutsen YP30f  season end - right winger developed better than expected

2021		D1		 5th			4th
2022		D1		 7th			SF
2024		Elite		 5th			4th		
2030		Elite		1st			Winners		CL groups, EL quarter final

Future - Europe is still the aim but I doubt that'll be possible before FM21

Edited by Crispypaul
Forgot to check youth tournaments properly

Hi, when someone really wants a specific club that's initially unplayable but doesn't seem to pop up after a few trials, is it considered as cheating if we scumsave them for a few cup games to help them raise their reputation? I don't know if that means anything, but I noticed that some clubs promoted from unplayable leagues have made decently in cups.

Alternatively, if we want a club that's already playable, is it okay to go on holiday for two years or more in order to make the club relegated then back in playable ?

Crispypaul
Floy

Norwegian Eliteserien
2031 (and a bit of 2032)

League - Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Table - a bit easier this time

Cup - Fixtures - comfortable win in the final

Europa League (2030/31) - Fixtures - got to the 2nd knockout round where Everton once again brought us to a halt

Champions League (2031/32) - Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2Table - past Romanians Cluj in the first round set us up to visit Bosnia where we comfortably beat Sarajevo.  Sweden again next where we just beat Hacken.  Our old friend Shaktar awaited us in the play offs and we stuffed them away to qualify once more for the groups.   Marseille, Lazio (again) and Hammarby were our opponents and we surprisingly won the group despite a last game defeat at home to Hammarby.  Hertha Berlin were our opponents in the 1st knockout round which we edged on away goals.  However Dortmund brought us back down to earth in the quarters with thumpings home and away.  A great run though.

Finances - no problems here.  Getting the final training/youth upgrades and adding another 4000 or so seats to the stadium.

Transfers - the biggest sale was Nyhus to Lyon for £15m as he only had 18 months on his contract and wouldn't sign another.  It's broken the Norwegian league record.

Squad 

Key players

Henrik Ellingsen YP26a - for some reason didn't post a screenshot

Leif Otto Borhaug YP24e - prolific as ever

Espen Baras YP25e - still bossing midfield

Lee Dyer YP28b - excellent

Hilmar Sigurdsson YP27f - should be capped by Iceland at some point

Martin Norheim YP25d - back to being better after injuries in 2030

Thomas Haugland YP22b - same for him

Espen Rike YP30b - now starting right back

Mpho Davids YP29b - a great versatile defender

Youth Update

Won the league and grabbed the cup from Molde's hands

Intake

1. Jorgen Berntsen YP31a - beginning | season end - excellent striker and made a handful of appearances later in the season

2. Vetle Bekke YP31b - beginning | season end - a good CM somewhere

3. Bjorn Kare Olsen YP31c -   beginning  nicked by Udinese for some reason

4. Yngve Haraldsen YP31d -  beginning | season end - potential for a good striker

5. Trond Gjora YP31e - beginning | season end - some potential at centre half

2021		D1		 5th			4th
2022		D1		 7th			SF
2024		Elite		 5th			4th		
2030		Elite		1st			Winners		CL groups, EL quarter final
2031		Elite		1st			Winners		CL quarter final

Future - that's it for me, I'm glad that we managed to get as far as we did in the Champions League but winning the whole thing is probably a stretch too far for a Norwegian side.  FM21 awaits!

3 hours ago, Sqaq said:

Hi, sorry but I can't find an efficient way to simply identify all the promoted clubs when the season ends...

Do you have a way to do it?

Go to season preview and it will show a 'P' next to the promoted teams.

On 03/12/2020 at 13:16, metallimuse said:

Go to season preview and it will show a 'P' next to the promoted teams.

Thanks, that's what I was trying, but the table is still incomplete sometimes. In lower leagues that have several groups, it can have several promoted teams (in Portugal for example, there are 20 promoted clubs).

The season preview doesn't go too deep and some teams don't appear.

Finally got round to starting this challenge. Had a couple of crashes so far so the progress has been slow.

Started in South Africa, i had 2 teams to pick from Mthatha Bucks or Summerfields went with Mthatha due to them having a few more players to begin with. Summerfields only had 7.

Manager Profile

spacer.png

Season Preview

We are tipped to be last.

spacer.png

Squad View

spacer.png

Star Player and top youngster

spacer.png

spacer.png

League table after 9 games

spacer.png

I do feel we have the quality to stay up i just have to try and figure out the best tactic going forward. I need 30 points over 30 games i reckon to stay clear of relegation.

Edited by syemo

On 03/12/2020 at 08:39, Sqaq said:

Hi, sorry but I can't find an efficient way to simply identify all the promoted clubs when the season ends...

Do you have a way to do it?

Go to the country's season summary and scroll down, after whatever the lowest playable league is it should list all the sides that have been promoted.

Babelsberg - 20/21

First season in Babelsberg; took off with some succes, leading the relegation favourite to a solid 7th place with 61 points, 13 points from play-off in 3. liga.

Squad - with profilic journeyman Daniel Frahn scoring 23 goals in 35 appearances.

Youth Intake - a lot of them can be helpful in 22/23, including Zia Paikar from Afghanistan.

The wage budget is low, so I'm hoping for a decent income over the summer so I can keep profiles like Frahn, Kretzer and Kaya.

2020    	3. Liga	      	 7th      		  		
Edited by Pieyanthikos

Babelsberg - 21/22

We're improving slowly, but steady. Babelsberg got 70 points, finished 4th just 5 points below the play-off position.

The squad is almost identical with past season. Jake Wilton and Noah Awassi are turning into a solid partnership in central defence. Frahn is still our main threat up front, but he won't be around forever.

Our U19-mannschaft begins to develop som talented players. Paikar, who is followed by Heidenheim and Ingolstadt, Yüksel and Beuckert could be promoted this summer after being allowed to play for the first team. The team won the 2. division and is now promoted to the regional north/northeast first league. This years youth intake was interesting; Sesay and Feist could turn out to be good players in the future.

2020-21    	3. Liga	      	 7th      
2021-22		3. Liga		 4th

Babelsberg - 22/23

Sorry for spamming this thread while people might be more busy playing FM21. Babelsberg is going up - they won 3. Liga and will now get a decent boost in income from 2. Bundesliga, which should be invested in better youth facilities and staff. I hope to stay up though it will be difficult.

Our squad is ageing, but most of our profiles is still in their youth. Paikar, who I expects a lot from in the future, had a fine run with a lot of playtime in the second half of the season. He's ready to replace our talisman Frahn up front. I managed to keep Wilton and Awassi at the back for another year, they will be crucial in the upcoming season.

The youngsters survived their first season in the upper league. Benschneider and Beuckert will be promoted this summer. Ermer, Bauer and Präger came from this years youth intake, strengthening a few exposed positions.

2021-22		3. Liga		 4th
2022-23		3. Liga		 1st			1st R
Edited by Pieyanthikos

Just come to the end of the first season it went to the last game of the season and i really thought i was down in the last five games so decided to instant result the last 3.

It was a tough season and really only had 11 players that i trusted and even some of those consistently didnt perform. I played 13 tactics in the season but decided to stick wth 4141 to try and get some defensive stability. We weren't scoring enough goals so i would rather play a bottom heavy tactic with aggressive roles. Do i think this could be the best way forward no idea, instead of getting my best players in there best positions i tried to think whats the best for the team.

ive never instant result before but im thinking i might do a little more next year just to try and get a few intakes in before and hoping to really get into this save. I did think i would have to start again as i didnt think we would be able to get enough points with every other team facing each other in the bottom half and we have a few top of the table teams to play.

We lost 2 youngsters this season one went to orlando pirates for 11k (could go up to 31K) with a 50% sell on fee. After starting on the bench he got a starting spot before the move. I could of kept saying no but in the last transfer window i thought the money would help. Other players in the squad moaned that  didnt let another player leave to a bigger club so this time didnt want that and they moaned still that i let a player go cant win.

Zwane was the other player lost him on contract he wouldnt sign a new one. I can only sign one year contracts at the moment no idea why i cant go for any longer??

League Table

f6bd0839f116b852e8f1d82095c5ba4c.png

AV Rating

0bd95fcc35005c1d170d35a122535b03.png

968010cc429444e66ab1d2185da8bb76.png

Youth Intake

49c2daa3dfb66f61a60b6320a2cfc374.png

Best Youth Prospects

8c3c69a08aff5a9906b4e8bff9d208b2.png

c76b4789badff839d84cc731e59a20d8.png

a8ce3ca58b8198fab625473aad1d4ce5.png

South Shields 2048-2049

Dafuge/Youth Challenge

It took me almost 30 seasons to finish this. 

This is the first time ever that I finish this challenge. I have 2 wonderkids and man the stories through the leagues... The excitement, the falls, the surprises. 

The best part of doing this challenges are the stories of the players.

I have finally completed this challenge I am so happy.

image.thumb.png.0e318ff32906e84e288ec0520b469fc2.png

image.thumb.png.fdb50b52d8ca66999dacaf3eeb08c045.png

image.png.cd0d92445d7df88a2849bcd3263b87bb.png

image.thumb.png.6d5ff9ff868e60cdb3e3280565d410a4.png

image.thumb.png.6534a43ecb5618af753f39e280e1bb33.png

image.thumb.png.4a6969a66597cdc3dd43e7024345720e.png

image.thumb.png.46bea63f9ab94102490a333a086d8ab7.png

• 2 weeks later...

Babelsberg - 24/25

Things are going well in the outskirts of Berlin. We continue to settle ourselves in 2. Bundesliga, improving from last season's 13th place to 9th. All the much-needed prize money goes directly to improvements in our youth setup.

Half of the squad is now products from the academy. Zia Paikar, regen from 2021, is our strongest player, just turned 20 and already with 16 caps and 5 goals for the afghan national team. 20 goals in 35 games, the future looks bright for him.

Our U19's is still playing in the upper division. This years intake was okay, but we're short of great goalkeepers.

2021-22		3. Liga		 4th
2023-24		2. Liga		 13th			1st R
2024-25		2. Liga		 9th			2nd R

Babelsberg - 26/27

Two seasons have passed since last update and the club is still in a stabilization phase, finishing 9th in 2027. It is a period without big changes, as we both have to part with old players and have to leave the seats to young, inexperienced players. However, the talent pool is good and it will be exciting to follow a bunch of the players in the future.

Only ten players are left in the squad from the start of the game, three of them leaving us this summer. Paikar is still the biggest profile of his own talents, but also Sesay, Thomas, Feist and Beuckert are starting to become important to us. We still lack qualified players in the goalkeeper position, but young Assenmacher will be moved up this summer to start the transfer from Picak and Flügel.

This year's intake was among the best we have experienced with as many as four players with 4-star potential: Novikov, Sarlgül, Ziebig and not least Bertram, who Nürnberg is looking for. The U19 team is still hanging on with beaks and claws in division 1 north / northeast. 

We now have adequate youth training and recruitment, mediocre training facilities and good data and youth facilities. All our money is posted in improvements.

2021-22		3. Liga		 4th
2025-26		2. Liga		 12th			3rd R
2026-27		2. Liga		 9th			3rd R

Babelsberg - 27/28

There you have it: Babelsberg has all the way up in the Bundesliga!

We have taken big leaps and enjoyed recent seasons where the talents have quietly been able to develop and reach an age where they are really starting to make their mark. We finished 3rd in the 2. Liga and had to make it trough two decisive play-off matches against the Bundesliga's No. 16, Freiburg. A team that we didn't beat in the season 25/26, where we bumped our heads together in 2. Liga.

First match was in Freiburg; a close match with an excellent Assenmacher in the goal, where Zia Paikar scored in the 64th minute. We had to wait until the 4th extra minute before Borja Mayoral did not undeservedly secure a draw before the decisive match.
The return match offered a lot of goals. Dombrowa and Sesay gave us an early lead before Freiburg quietly fought their way back into the match after Heiko Bauer was sent off. Paikar, however, managed to make it 3-1 before Apostolou embellished the result.

The team has thus moved up to the top row after a last-place ranking in the season preview. It will be a difficult season and we can easily end up relegated unless we keep our players and get the many talents on the U19 team ready. Beuckert and Feist in central midfield have been the key duo, just as previously weak positions on the left wing and in goal have been improved. Paikar continues to build on and scored 20 goals in 34 games. Our two wingbacks Benschneider and Präger made respectfully 13 and 11 assists.

Our talent department is impressive at the moment. This years intake was again excellent and the talent pool is widely distributed in all positions, not least thanks to targeted position training to make the best use of all the potential. The U19 team also finished in a very distinguished 3rd place. Kai Novikov is only 16, but has been retrained to central midfield with bravura and is being promoted to replace aging Koch on the first team. There are a lot of candidates for the future, but I do not want to move them up too early, as it can put a stop to their development - then better start with more loan deals.

2021-22		3. Liga		 4th
2022-23		3. Liga		 1st			1st R		Promoted
2025-26		2. Liga		 12th			3rd R
2026-27		2. Liga		 9th			3rd R
2027-28		2. Liga		 3rd			2nd R		Promoted (play-off vs Freiburg)

• 4 weeks later...

Soooo after a short 'getting used to struggle with youth academy challenges', I decided to start over - and I am going balls deep and might need some help/advice.
I want to start in Japan (yikes I know).
I downloaded the files for it, set up the game and took over Ococias Kyoto AC who got promoted to the 4th division of Japan, the Japan Football League (JFL).
I have a total of 13 'real players' and I believe the game will make me fill out the empty spaces on my bench with grey players -> what do I do then exactly, just don't use them as long as I can field my real players (even if that means that I might have to use my 2nd GK as a Centre Back for example)?

Thanks in advance and wish me luck... I'll need it my board wants a top half finish LOL

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 19.01.12.png

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 19.01.51.png

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 19.02.06.png

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 19.04.10.png

• 2 months later...

I am still playing my Metropolitan Police FC save. Reached europe for the first time in 2054 !! Yet i missed Euro Cup for 1 goal. My wonderkid improved well, i may switch him to striker as i really lack quality there. Thanks to my good season, i was able to offer him a new contract. I didn't expect it, as he wanted to play CL and we were never really close to one of those top 4 spots. I am still announced last in the league every season. My youth intakes produce 1 or 2 decent players every season, but i only have 4 players good enough for PL. Hopefully i will be able to improve the club reputation with a good euro cup 2 performance :)

1100600_20210419185645_1.thumb.png.35d07af87091a3201d2250fe0406c850.png1100600_20210419185447_1.thumb.png.f2e5ea439c681be57121539e39736d5a.png