The Italian Job! Italian league thread is here!

calcal

Went with Napoli in the end. Using a vertical tika taka 4141 formation. Was thinking about going for the 442 ancelotti has started using but feel the players are more suited to last seasons formation. 

In terms of signings I've just gone for youth who will join at end of season. Got Geis on loan as a back up. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 ore fa, Ewan0404 ha scritto:

I was looking for the whole first team but know it's a big ask. 

If not just Romagnoli, Cutrone, Kessie and Suso.

ROMAGNOLI:

Spoiler

ROMAGNOLI.thumb.JPG.9def0f771995c696a0a36f32795293e3.JPG

CUTRONE:

Spoiler

CUTRONE.thumb.JPG.a71903925301ea2485e8e6e3a6c4bdb2.JPG

KESSIE:

Spoiler

kessie.thumb.JPG.10029ea7ab1c18fa9cf9cfcfc3acf970.JPG

SUSO:

Spoiler

Suso.thumb.JPG.ef2fc41c41550dc32870227ae6384fc7.JPG

DONNARUMMA:

Spoiler

DONNARUMMA.thumb.JPG.8427c647ee6992ea66c7f2441583c301.JPG

CALDARA:

Spoiler

CALDARA.thumb.JPG.d56a9a00fb357427ade56052c31a9ca3.JPG

PAQUETà (in the game he's set to join Milan in january):

Spoiler

1970410581_pAQUET.thumb.JPG.281da23b88bdf00e31417637327cb12e.JPG

HIGUAIN:

Spoiler

HIGUAIN.thumb.JPG.157930af4c6838c0b24a78d6a0f50b46.JPG

CALABRIA:

Spoiler

cALABRIA.thumb.JPG.6187cc9f8fc08b970d23e5429b8ef93a.JPG

PLIZZARI:

Spoiler

PLIZZARI.thumb.JPG.fd424519885518b0f28547e7aa4f0c67.JPG

LOCATELLI:

Spoiler

LOCATELLI.thumb.JPG.fd926ade71515cacbb83f1561cc61ef2.JPG

If I have time I'll post even others :) 

@saosinfan4Can you show me please your ''standard'' formation? I already regret I sold Mandzukic, just now I understood how much important he was for my playstyle. I can play without Ronaldo but not without him. In summer I'll search a similar physical and hardworker player. Maybe Pellegri in the future

716927715_miaformazione.thumb.JPG.165f302923c09d4e3969818d92ea9c7c.JPG

I lost one match (in cup using 10/11 from my youth team) and they are already just barely happy :idiot:
PS: It's sad how bad is Cancelo compared to real life :( 

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

1 hour ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

ROMAGNOLI:

Reveal hidden contents

ROMAGNOLI.thumb.JPG.9def0f771995c696a0a36f32795293e3.JPG

CUTRONE:

Reveal hidden contents

CUTRONE.thumb.JPG.a71903925301ea2485e8e6e3a6c4bdb2.JPG

KESSIE:

Reveal hidden contents

kessie.thumb.JPG.10029ea7ab1c18fa9cf9cfcfc3acf970.JPG

SUSO:

Reveal hidden contents

Suso.thumb.JPG.ef2fc41c41550dc32870227ae6384fc7.JPG

DONNARUMMA:

Reveal hidden contents

DONNARUMMA.thumb.JPG.8427c647ee6992ea66c7f2441583c301.JPG

CALDARA:

Reveal hidden contents

CALDARA.thumb.JPG.d56a9a00fb357427ade56052c31a9ca3.JPG

PAQUETà (in the game he's set to join Milan in january):

Reveal hidden contents

1970410581_pAQUET.thumb.JPG.281da23b88bdf00e31417637327cb12e.JPG

HIGUAIN:

Reveal hidden contents

HIGUAIN.thumb.JPG.157930af4c6838c0b24a78d6a0f50b46.JPG

CALABRIA:

Reveal hidden contents

cALABRIA.thumb.JPG.6187cc9f8fc08b970d23e5429b8ef93a.JPG

PLIZZARI:

Reveal hidden contents

PLIZZARI.thumb.JPG.fd424519885518b0f28547e7aa4f0c67.JPG

LOCATELLI:

Reveal hidden contents

LOCATELLI.thumb.JPG.fd926ade71515cacbb83f1561cc61ef2.JPG

If I have time I'll post even others :) 

These are perfect thanks. 

Getting the game on Tuesday and really think Milan will be my first save. 

Not managed in Italy for a few years. 

2 minuti fa, Ewan0404 ha scritto:

These are perfect thanks. 

Getting the game on Tuesday and really think Milan will be my first save. 

Not managed in Italy for a few years. 

You are welcome! :) 
Amazing team to start imo! If I wasn't obsessed with Juve even in FM I think I would go for it :D 

1 hour ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

@saosinfan4Can you show me please your ''standard'' formation? I already regret I sold Mandzukic, just now I understood how much important he was for my playstyle. I can play without Ronaldo but not without him. In summer I'll search a similar physical and hardworker player. Maybe Pellegri in the future

716927715_miaformazione.thumb.JPG.165f302923c09d4e3969818d92ea9c7c.JPG

I lost one match (in cup using 10/11 from my youth team) and they are already just barely happy :idiot:
PS: It's sad how bad is Cancelo compared to real life :( 

I use this tactic against the big teams (Napoli, Inter, Roma, Lazio, Milan) and in European campaign. This team will play in the UCL semi-finals, without Mandzukic... he's still unhappy :(

Untitled-2.thumb.png.ef37020ae0b085642d457cd6321eac5b.png

with Manzukic

Untitled-3.thumb.png.6956dc918db482ad6da91c5578cd39d4.png

I use this tactic against smaller opponents, probably 90% of my games. The roles change depends on who is playing. I rotate a lot.

Untitled-4.thumb.png.a970b68ab262c87b729f5e9180872153.png

Edit: I had a very 'bad' two months after the Winter transfer window. But April was much better. The team is playing well again in the most important time.

Untitled-5.thumb.png.672f503c4af193e8c9330fe71aa7c567.png

Edited by saosinfan4

Started an Udinese save over the weekend. Thought I would take advantage of the Watford partnership and buy some of their players for £0. Turns out the wages on offer at Udinese are not very high and ended up not signing anyone.

Signings in first window were Assane Gnoukouri (Free), Mihai Balasa (FCSB), Bart Nieuwkoop (Feyenoord).

Not very good signings in the end, Assane looks to be the one i'll probably keep around. Needed some depth in my defence so had to go for the cheaper options.

First season started pretty bad was hovering around relegation places up until January. No signings made in January and went on a good run from then on going 11 matches unbeaten. Finished quote strong and came in 9th place which I though was great.

Rodrigo De Paul went at the end of the season unfortunately to Schalke for 22.5m. Couldn't turn that type of money down. Brought Dominik Prokop for 10m to replace him.

Was looking to take advantage of the Watford relationship but then all of a sudden a news article come in to say the partnership has changed due to Watford increasing in size and they are now the parent company. Meaning they can take my players from now on for nothing(they haven't taken advantage of this yet).

Team going into the 2nd season:

GK - Scuffet/Musso

DR - Ter Avest/ Nieuwkoop

DL - Samir/ Pezzella

DC - Issa Diop (On Loan) / Vicari (6m buy from Spal) / Balasa / Ekong-Troest

MC- Mondragora / Fofona / Giulio Maggiore (Brought for 3m from Spezia) / Balic / Gnoukouri

AMR - Pussetto / Lombardi (5m from Lazio)

AMC - Prokop / Leonardo Morosini (4m from Brescia)

AML - Machis / Nicola Sansone (3.5m from Villereal)

ST - Lasagna / Vizeu / Gabriel Barbosa (On Loan)

Still think my defence needs big improvements.

Pussetto is a player i'd recommend for anyone being a top team to buy. Played as an AMR Winger (Support) last season and scored 11 and assisted 11.

Finished S2 with Atalanta. Finished in 3rd on 73pts behind Juventus on 88pts, and Sampdoria (!) on 75. Reached the cup final but lost to Lazio 3-0 (Luis Alberto and Immobile cut us apart). Had a bad Sept/Oct, a great Dec/Jan/Feb and a poor March/April/May. Best win of the season was a 2-1 away win vs Juventus on matchday 30 (first league loss of the season for them) with 19yo sub Kulusevski scoring the winner. No real standout performers, if I had to choose it would be Pasalic. 9 goals and 6 assists in the league in 18(4) apps. Was injured to start the season, spent some time on the bench, then became a regular at RM. Barrow got 18 league goals but was a big reason why we finished poorly. He went nearly 4 months without scoring then suddenly found his shooting boots to score 4 vs Cagliari in the 3rd last game of the season.

Looking forward to S3 and Champions League football. Have a deal agreed for Tonali (£4.8m) who will replace the outgoing Cataldi (£4.1m to Sampdoria). Getting linked to some vacant jobs like Arsenal and Monaco but I have unfinished business at Atalanta. Will be changing formations to play 4-2-3-1, hopefully can turn some of the draws and losses from S2 into wins and draws.

Some screens of player development:

Mancini - Was happy that he picked up a Italy cap in the March friendlies. Missed out on the final Euro 2020 squad though. Inter, Juventus, Napoli after him.

Spoiler

20181120001635_1.thumb.jpg.526ee97be7870840669402638a4889e4.jpg

Varnier - After not developing much first season, he got more games than he probably deserved because of his potential and is starting to finally look like a player.

Spoiler

20181120001614_1.thumb.jpg.f27a74bc540c5d291fa14b46d3b912a2.jpg

Melegoni - Huge development after returning from his S1 loan. Became a regular at the expense of Cataldi. Will be tough but hopefully can grab a Italy cap next season.

Spoiler

20181120001604_1.thumb.jpg.57bb656c4b2e9da133b1e2cc57289444.jpg

Kulusevski - Called up from the U20s after Acuna got injured as I wanted a left footed player to play LM. Coaches think he can develop a lot more which is exciting.

Spoiler

20181120001536_1.thumb.jpg.747ea35a85dfd6a6b6558bf7cab93a20.jpg

Traore - 17yo Ivorian kid who really surprised me...developed heaps just from playing U20 and U18 football. Seems a talent irl, transfermarkt says he has scored 7 in 7 games for the Atalanta U17s so far this season. Gave him a start last league game of season and will be part of 1st team squad S3. Will be playing wingers so will get some game time.

Spoiler

20181120001520_1.thumb.jpg.9b1dc62703dfc39c1d112263cd4751db.jpg

Edited by Evanescent

6 hours ago, JoOSTAR said:

Jezus Christ, what's this? :D I this on 19.1.4? Everything that worked for me stopped working lately, so do you mind to share your tactic?

Sure man, its my own tactic. The 5122 version at the bottom of this thread:

Works absolute wonders for many people, not that I got any feedback from that thread :lol:

Second season all wrapped up and what a season it was. 38 games, 32 wins, 108 goals, 100 points!. Only two losses all year was indicative of the machine like team we've become and further the quality we had to reach to surpass Juventus. 

Stand out performers were Schick who grabbed 31 league goals and Meret who saved far more points than I can remember. 

January brought Melegoni from Atlanta for a snip at £4.9m and Varnier will follow in the summer for £35m. 

As the Scudetto was lofted on high by Manolas in the roaring Olimpico it was clear that a great team had won the title the great individuals failed to collect on so many occasions. To Europe!

ROMA.jpg

Edited by EstebanNero

9 hours ago, EstebanNero said:

Second season all wrapped up and what a season it was. 38 games, 32 wins, 108 goals, 100 points!. Only two losses all year was indicative of the machine like team we've become and further the quality we had to reach to surpass Juventus. 

Stand out performers were Schick who grabbed 31 league goals and Meret who saved far more points than I can remember. 

January brought Melegoni from Atlanta for a snip at £4.9m and Varnier will follow in the summer for £35m. 

As the Scudetto was lofted on high by Manolas in the roaring Olimpico it was clear that a great team had won the title the great individuals failed to collect on so many occasions. To Europe!

ROMA.jpg

What season? Can you post some pics of your tactic? Congrats for the season, i'm managing Roma too.

Gone back to my Roma save, some interesting posts in here about them. 

Really unsure what to do with Dzeko, he's been brilliant but Man United have bid 64m for him with installments, only trouble is that I can't replace as I'm out of the Italian window...do I sell now and rely on Schick and origi who's on loan? 

2 minutes ago, Daws88 said:

Really unsure what to do with Dzeko, he's been brilliant but Man United have bid 64m for him with installments, only trouble is that I can't replace as I'm out of the Italian window...do I sell now and rely on Schick and origi who's on loan? 

Sell!!! 64m its a LOT of money and hes not young. Hes my best but if I receive some good offer for him i'm gonna sell.

5 minuti fa, Daws88 ha scritto:

You can try to see how perform El shaarawy as Schick's sub in your formation. Depends even how you are doing in leagues/cup

57 minutes ago, Daws88 said:

That money is ridiculous for a 32 year old, sell everyday of the week for me.

12 hours ago, LucasBR said:

What season? Can you post some pics of your tactic? Congrats for the season, i'm managing Roma too.

Cheers Lucas. The tactic is very similar to the one used by the Roma side of 2001. A 3-4-1-2 with emphasis on balance. Two true wide players (wingers in this instance), three at the back and a traditional ten (advanced playmaker). My central midfield pairing is a CM & BBM and the strike partnership a DLP & Poacher. I love the formation as it allows for width whilst maintaining bodies in the middle of the park. 

roma2001.thumb.png.ba70df60f4f72a2e632b942df8ecd164.png

The summer sadly waved goodbye to Dzeko, Perotti, Pastore, and Fazio. The one investment Pellegri for £45m. The bigger arrival for the league came in the form of Milans new head coach, Pep!

Guardiola2.thumb.jpg.f44468422a21cc52ce9effaa4221174a.jpg

4 minutes ago, EstebanNero said:

Cheers Lucas. The tactic is very similar to the one used by the Roma side of 2001. A 3-4-1-2 with emphasis on balance. Two true wide players (wingers in this instance), three at the back and a traditional ten (advanced playmaker). My central midfield pairing is a CM & BBM and the strike partnership a DLP & Poacher. I love the formation as it allows for width whilst maintaining bodies in the middle of the park. 

roma2001.thumb.png.ba70df60f4f72a2e632b942df8ecd164.png

The summer sadly waved goodbye to Dzeko, Perotti, Pastore, and Fazio. The one investment Pellegri for £45m. The bigger arrival for the league came in the form of Milans new head coach, Pep!

Guardiola2.thumb.jpg.f44468422a21cc52ce9effaa4221174a.jpg

Great! how are you using Kluivert and Under?

Here i'm using a 4-1-4-1 DM Wide... Dzeko is my main scorer 12 goals and 1 assist so far, Under and Pastore are performing very well too.

Perotti, Nzonzi and Karsdorp requested transfers, i'm happy with that hahaha

31 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

Great! how are you using Kluivert and Under?

Here i'm using a 4-1-4-1 DM Wide... Dzeko is my main scorer 12 goals and 1 assist so far, Under and Pastore are performing very well too.

Perotti, Nzonzi and Karsdorp requested transfers, i'm happy with that hahaha

Out and out wingers though none do the job quite like Florenzi. 

Just a word for those managing Roma. Keep your eyes peeled for Antonucci and Riccardi. Lovely talents in the making. 

8 minuti fa, Harryseaess ha scritto:

Third season lucky.

As we've discussed previously, Juventus are awful on this FM.

20181120225719_1.jpg

Udinese won the second? :O 
Da Graca even in my career looks promising! No idea why in your save Juve didn't pay the clause of 600k € 

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

2 hours ago, EstebanNero said:

Out and out wingers though none do the job quite like Florenzi. 

Just a word for those managing Roma. Keep your eyes peeled for Antonucci and Riccardi. Lovely talents in the making. 

Roma have a lot of good youngters.

1 hour ago, Harryseaess said:

Third season lucky.

As we've discussed previously, Juventus are awful on this FM.

20181120225719_1.jpg

Not just Juve... Here in my save, i'm in the mid of 1st season

Juve 5th in Serie A
Man City 7th knocked in ucl group stages 
Barça 8th Real 5th

I'm in the mid season, everything can happen but this is not normal ahahaha

Well done winning the league Paranoid. In fm18 I found Juve were similar to some peoples saves in this version. They make some odd signings and become considerably weaker. 

Thanks for the advice with Dzeko, will definitely be selling and hopefully Schick and Origi are enough for a title run. So tight I think only a few points desperate 1st to 6th.

Will try and go for Belotti but feel he might be mega money. 

5 hours ago, Daws88 said:

Well done winning the league Paranoid. In fm18 I found Juve were similar to some peoples saves in this version. They make some odd signings and become considerably weaker. 

Thanks for the advice with Dzeko, will definitely be selling and hopefully Schick and Origi are enough for a title run. So tight I think only a few points desperate 1st to 6th.

Will try and go for Belotti but feel he might be mega money. 

I'd be tempted to try and steal Immobile with the Dzeko money. Controversial move but he seems a more reliable goalscorer.

Anyways back to the game...

I ended up restarting my save with Milan...

Finished my first season last night and was able to win the league quite comfortably in the end from juve who pipped time for 2nd on the last day...

Managed to get to the final in the Italian cup before succumbing to juve 1-0...

The Europa league campaign wasn't as successful as I drew Leipzig in the 1st knockout round and got comfortably dispatched...

Currently about to start pre season and made a few signings mainly barella and pellegri for next year...

And just signed Aouar from Lyon...

However I'm in a pickle and need right wing reinforcements and have a deal in place to sign 3 players ( can afford 2) but can't decide between Chiesa, Matthews Cunha or cengiz under from Roma...Anyone had any experience with any of them?

I play 2 inside forwards on either wing

21 minutes ago, killonix said:

Anyways back to the game...

I ended up restarting my save with Milan...

Finished my first season last night and was able to win the league quite comfortably in the end from juve who pipped time for 2nd on the last day...

Managed to get to the final in the Italian cup before succumbing to juve 1-0...

The Europa league campaign wasn't as successful as I drew Leipzig in the 1st knockout round and got comfortably dispatched...

Currently about to start pre season and made a few signings mainly barella and pellegri for next year...

And just signed Aouar from Lyon...

However I'm in a pickle and need right wing reinforcements and have a deal in place to sign 3 players ( can afford 2) but can't decide between Chiesa, Matthews Cunha or cengiz under from Roma...Anyone had any experience with any of them?

I play 2 inside forwards on either wing

Under is very good... Chiesa i used as a Winger and hes awesome but i dont know how he do as IF.

4 ore fa, LucasBR ha scritto:

Wow, no losts so far, great! What season?
What stage of CL are you play against spurs?

First season! :) I lost away against Tottenham though :D 
Quarter finals and I passed. Hazard that has been really poor suddently played an amazing match and scored 3 goals fortunately!Now semifinals will be Italy vs Spain (Juve vs Atletico and Inter vs Barça)
I admit I didn't find the best strategy for my players and I am changing many of them. I love to play vertically but Ronaldo never scores 1v1 against the goalkeeper then is pretty useless 

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

28 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

First season! :) I lost away against Tottenham though :D 
Quarter finals and I passed. Hazard that has been really poor suddently played an amazing match and scored 3 goals fortunately!Now semifinals will be Italy vs Spain (Juve vs Atletico and Inter vs Barça)
I admit I didn't find the best strategy for my players and I am changing many of them. I love to play vertically but Ronaldo never scores 1v1 against the goalkeeper then is pretty useless 

Juve in my save is a complete disaster, Cristiano is not the same of Real Madrid :lol:

My striker (Dzeko) and IF's (Under, Kluivert and El Sharaawy) are a lil bit incostant, Dzeko have scored 12.

9 minuti fa, LucasBR ha scritto:

Juve in my save is a complete disaster, Cristiano is not the same of Real Madrid :lol:

My striker (Dzeko) and IF's (Under, Kluivert and El Sharaawy) are a lil bit incostant, Dzeko have scored 12.

In half season he NEVER scored in a 1v1 and if as me you love tight formations (4321 or 4312 in particular) it's a mess because with this gameplay they are useless or at least way worse than in real life. I swear this makes me want to stop playing

Which formation are you using? 

I actually attempted to pry Immobile away from the rivals. A fee was reached with the club, but he wouldn't entertain a deal. 

If Belotti hasn't made a move already then he would get my vote. 

All this Juventus bashing! Thought I should add they remain unbeaten in my third season after 12 games.