FM19: Liverpool - Success Has Many Fathers

TheJanitor

finally managed to get a bit of time to start a game and get into a save after many failed attempts and a few frustrated quit saves over tactics!!

have had a good read through of the tactics forums and also Cleon's tea & busquets blogs i've managed to set up a 433 tactic i like and that works for me. 

gotten to the first of Jan 2019 in my save and so far unbeaten. played 20, W 17  D 2 L 0 and i've only conceded 2 goals in the league. 

topped my champions league group and now have A Madrid in the 2nd round and have Chelsea in the Semi's of the league cup

players in are all focused on youth. i turned off transfers for window 1 but have slowly been able to get a few buys done for joining in the Jan window.

De Ligt and Tonali being the 2 major buys with fees spread over 3 seasons as i havent sold anyone yet and only had 30m to spend

also brought in, Pelayo Morillo 1.2m release clause and huge potential, young Serb LB Zlatan Sahovic, young DM/CM from barca's youth squad called Nico who my scouts rated highly and trying to Xadas from Braga who can play any of the attacking midfileds roles. 

will be looking to move on, Lovern, Matip, lallana, sturridge and Origi. i will keep Moreno until the end of the season as he now has british citizenship

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm struggling to find a third CB. Just sold Lovern because of his age and his contract only have 18months to run. So need someone who can fill in for Gomez or Van Dijk. My fourth choice is currently Coady (got him for 5m) because he's a Home-Grown. But don't want to go into the second half of the season with him as my 3rd choice.

Any suggestions on who to sign? 

1 hour ago, JRoberts2 said:

I'm struggling to find a third CB. Just sold Lovern because of his age and his contract only have 18months to run. So need someone who can fill in for Gomez or Van Dijk. My fourth choice is currently Coady (got him for 5m) because he's a Home-Grown. But don't want to go into the second half of the season with him as my 3rd choice.

Any suggestions on who to sign? 

Obvious one is De Ligt. First season had Van Dijk and Gomez as my starting pair then Matip and De Ligt as backups...Have you sold Matip? He's good!

10 games in and Curtis Jones is my top scorer. He doesn't even start, but coming on as a sub and the odd start he's had has resulted in 9 goals in 4 starts and 5 sub appearances. :D Beast, i'll post a screenshot later.

Vicinius Jnr is showing promise, only the 1 goal but a lot of outrageous efforts that are a top save away from being  a goal, Mbappe also on 9 goals. 

Blooding Navarro in on the right wing, feel he'll develop better here than on loan so he's gonna get some sub appearances and league cup games. Anyone got experience of him?

11 hours ago, kopsy101 said:

10 games in and Curtis Jones is my top scorer. He doesn't even start, but coming on as a sub and the odd start he's had has resulted in 9 goals in 4 starts and 5 sub appearances. :D Beast, i'll post a screenshot later.

Vicinius Jnr is showing promise, only the 1 goal but a lot of outrageous efforts that are a top save away from being  a goal, Mbappe also on 9 goals. 

Blooding Navarro in on the right wing, feel he'll develop better here than on loan so he's gonna get some sub appearances and league cup games. Anyone got experience of him?

Where are you playing young Curtis ? :D

13 hours ago, jmc1980 said:

Where are you playing young Curtis ? :D

AML - inside forward but not AS good there, AMC is where the good stuff comes out ;) Think his potential is reached though, only 20 but the reports say he's pretty much reached his potential :(

On 03/05/2019 at 20:38, Staf9 said:

anyone else ruin their game by buying too many players?

I actually tried to avoid that, so have most of the players I started with. Even squad players like Ox, Clyne, Moreno, Matip, Harry Wilson  etc are really good players to bring in i think!

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/11/2018 at 03:06, eastley said:

Don't forget to hunt English talent, as you will be restricted to 16 foreign players soon.

What? Is this something to do with Brexit? I dont think Brexit should be in this years game since its not happened yet irl & the way May is going it might not happen at all.

18 hours ago, trekman said:

What? Is this something to do with Brexit? I dont think Brexit should be in this years game since its not happened yet irl & the way May is going it might not happen at all.

The only result of Brexit in my save is that all EU players require a work permit which makes buying youth players from Europe almost impossibe unless they are already regularly playing in their national squad.

started again afer ruining the save with too many buys after season 1

tried something slightly different on this one and left Klopp in charge until the international break at the start of November in season 1 and took over then. club was in 6th place but only 7 points off top spot in a tight start. usual top 6 teams. 

now only 2 games to go in the league and we are top by 4 points from Man City and my next game where i can clinch the title is at home to United :) 

we have won the league cup and we are in the FA cup final where we play Birmingham and have Dortmund in the CL semi finals (bayern v Roma is the other) good chance of winning all 4 trophies. 

made 4 signings in Jan, De Ligt, Tonali, Szobolzai and Sehovic. De ligt and Tonali were bid on by others so had to move to get them in. 

• 2 weeks later...

Undecuple "Undec"   or 11 trophys in a row.  This team is still young.  Transfers and future transfers.  If they will buy Rossini, PSG have to bid 150 mill £ . That will be the best sale in my Fm Career.

11 in a row.JPG

Current team , Birch injured.JPG

Future transfers.JPG

If they bid 150 mill, he will go.JPG

Rossini.JPG

transfers.JPG

Chelsea stopped me in semifinale in CL, but cant blame the players. They give it all. 

2 players with red card, and 1 striker with injury in 65 minut. Have made  3 subs.  End the game with 8 players.

Not easy.JPG

• 1 month later...

Ok haven’t really played since FM 15/16 but just bought FM 19 and started my usual Liverpool save. 

So far we’re doing ok, 2nd in the league in dec with 2pts behind City and won my CL group ahead of Bayern (beat them 3-0 away and 2-0 at home). Brought in some young talents and let go of Moreno, Sturridge and Lallana.

However having trouble with injury risk updates vs players demanding first team football. Every time I’m told a player has high/v.high injury risk I’ll rest them a game to avoid injuries (still picking up a few though). But now some of them are starting to complain ’cause they’re not starting every game (even rotation players). Anyone else having this issue? How risky is it to play them with high/v.high injury risk? I can’t be having all these conflicts with my players just because I don’t sant to loose them to injuries. 

• 3 weeks later...

Got a long term save going into my 8th season won the league 6 years in a row & finished 4th did a mini re build as I had a aging squad got a lot of youth TAA is captain & Joe Gomez his vice as for FM 20 don’t think I’ll buy it on release day most likely when update 3 is out as the game isn’t fixed until then & normally do a long term save after the January update 

On 30/08/2019 at 15:19, glenn28 said:

Got a long term save going into my 8th season won the league 6 years in a row & finished 4th did a mini re build as I had a aging squad got a lot of youth TAA is captain & Joe Gomez his vice as for FM 20 don’t think I’ll buy it on release day most likely when update 3 is out as the game isn’t fixed until then & normally do a long term save after the January update 

good to see you were able to get into a long term save mate

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the Liverpool AR and this is aimed at those that play as Liverpool and prefer to replicate Klopp's tactics. Liverpool's midfield have a reputation as support players that help optimise the high press strategy and allow TAA, Robbo, and the three strikers the opportunity to impact the game with goals/assists. My question is...what roles do you play (irrespective of their suggestive roles in the game) the following in; Wijnaldum, Milner, Henderson, Fabinho, Ox and Keita to best replicate the way they play in real life? 

@diddydaddydoddy Hi mate.

I think last season, Liverpool midfield was more supportive a bit out of necessity. This was because of injuries to Keita and Ox, we lacked a penetrative midfielder. This season I expect to see them taking more of an offensive role in midfield.

Back to your original question, I think the combo of DLP/d, CAR, and BBM of the default Gegenpressing tactic worked quite well. Not overly aggressive, depending on the player, but well balanced.

Edit: just to make clear, in the classic combo, Fabinho is DLP/d, Wij is CAR and Hendo is BBM.

Edited by TheJanitor

On 20/09/2019 at 19:25, TheJanitor said:

@diddydaddydoddy Hi mate.

I think last season, Liverpool midfield was more supportive a bit out of necessity. This was because of injuries to Keita and Ox, we lacked a penetrative midfielder. This season I expect to see them taking more of an offensive role in midfield.

Back to your original question, I think the combo of DLP/d, CAR, and BBM of the default Gegenpressing tactic worked quite well. Not overly aggressive, depending on the player, but well balanced.

Edit: just to make clear, in the classic combo, Fabinho is DLP/d, Wij is CAR and Hendo is BBM.

I've just started to use Fabinho as a DLP/d myself now with a bit more success. Wijnaldum I struggle to get to play that well - but then he does go unnoticed/quietly effective in real life. Ditto with Hendo as BBM.

On 30/09/2019 at 12:39, diddydaddydoddy said:

I've just started to use Fabinho as a DLP/d myself now with a bit more success. Wijnaldum I struggle to get to play that well - but then he does go unnoticed/quietly effective in real life. Ditto with Hendo as BBM.

Yes Wij and Hendo don't get high ratings for me as well, but considering they don't score/assist much, it should be expected. I think I might even consider two CARs and more aggressive fullbacks.

• 1 month later...

Anyone started an FM20 beta save yet? I have no time to play just yet but have gone through the squad and I think the players stats are pretty spot on, especially the spread of the front 3’s attributes (although with some of Bobby’s flicks etc. this season he could be soon looking at flair of 20!)

I think robo may be a little underpowered and origi looks slow but that’s being really picky. I’d also love if Milner/hendo/Robertson got a model professional or model citizen personality as I love trying to make a squad with only these personalities, and in Miller’s case he would defo be deserving. 

Liverpool also seem to have a pretty sizable transfer budget, and some really good prospects in Brewster, jones and Harvey Elliott.

@carlowsaint19 Thank you for your assessment. I'm happy with how the data looks but I will always want to tweak. There was a debate at SI with the the full backs as I wanted to increase Robbo and TAA a lot more, but they seem effective and realistic in the game from what I've seen so far.

55 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

@carlowsaint19 Thank you for your assessment. I'm happy with how the data looks but I will always want to tweak. There was a debate at SI with the the full backs as I wanted to increase Robbo and TAA a lot more, but they seem effective and realistic in the game from what I've seen so far.

I think at least with Trent he will have room to improve has stats to a decent extend (assuming he has similar PA as last year). 

Are you anticipated making any changes before the full release or expect all the stats to be locked in now?

All looks really good and I started a beta save even though I was going to go a different route this year and set up a tactic and then went on holiday and after four seasons we had one the league three times but they were close and only by a few points and two champions league. I am not sure about the club vision as it seems broken in terms of what the board want  and the marks they give you.

A lot of the youngsters look good and diddydaddydoddy has done an excellent job this year and thanks very much.

Off to start a proper Beta save with Liverpool to see how we get on playing myself.

Won’t be getting FM 20 until the 3rd update I’ve got on release day in the past 

1 The game isn’t fixed properly until the 3rd update 

2 Waiting until the January transfer update 

3 I don’t play a long term save until the 3rd update 

looking forward to the Liverpool FM 20 thread when it’s up good luck in your games 😊

On 05/11/2019 at 01:42, diddydaddydoddy said:

Hopefully there will be further minor tweaks to VVD, Mane, TAA, Salah, Koumetio and Wijnladum that should make it.

I think VVD deserves better Teamwork, Natural Fitness and Stamina.

TAA should have 15s for Acceleration and Pace.

Wijnaldum should have 14 for Vision. Also, only competent at AML and more capable at DM.

2 hours ago, yonko said:

I think VVD deserves better Teamwork, Natural Fitness and Stamina.

TAA should have 15s for Acceleration and Pace.

Wijnaldum should have 14 for Vision. Also, only competent at AML and more capable at DM.

I have to work with certain parameters, otherwise every Liverpool player would have 20/20 for every attribute. Data is an ever changing part of the game, even after the point of data lock I constantly tweak (using the In-game Editor) ready for the next DB input. 

I could probably do more with your opinion if you posted it in here, having read the first post of the thread first... 

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

17 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

I have to work with certain parameters, otherwise every Liverpool player would have 20/20 for every attribute. Data is an ever changing part of the game, even after the point of data lock I constantly tweak (using the In-game Editor) ready for the next DB input. 

I could probably do more with your opinion if you posted it in here, having read the first post of the thread first... 

I'm not saying every Liverpool player should have 20/20 for attributes. That would be unrealistic. 

The changes I suggested are very realistic based on real observations. 

4 hours ago, yonko said:

I'm not saying every Liverpool player should have 20/20 for attributes. That would be unrealistic. 

You’re not giving me any validation, proof or even reason with those changes to even look at them. I’ll say again....

https://community.sigames.com/topic/495386-england-premier-division-data-issues/

10 hours ago, yonko said:

The problem with giving Van Dijk significant bumps in those stats may lead to him having Messi like CA and PA in the game. (Have not verified)

IMO he already is the best CB on the database and rightly so.

trent really isn’t that quick, he gets done by relatively quick wingers (remember that Cardiff game at the end of last season), and in game will prob end up with 16 or so pace and acceleration by season 2021 which again feels realistic.

In a previous post DiddyDaddy mentioned that he want to make TAA much better but as prevented by SI.

coming onto the forum stating this and that is wrong and needs to be fixed really won’t help anything.

10 hours ago, carlowsaint19 said:

The problem with giving Van Dijk significant bumps in those stats may lead to him having Messi like CA and PA in the game. (Have not verified)

IMO he already is the best CB on the database and rightly so.

trent really isn’t that quick, he gets done by relatively quick wingers (remember that Cardiff game at the end of last season), and in game will prob end up with 16 or so pace and acceleration by season 2021 which again feels realistic.

In a previous post DiddyDaddy mentioned that he want to make TAA much better but as prevented by SI.

coming onto the forum stating this and that is wrong and needs to be fixed really won’t help anything.

Well VVD is probably the frontrunner to win Ballon D'Or so realistically he should be closer to Messi in terms of CA/PA.

There is no logical reason for him having 11 for Teamwork, 13 for Natural Fitness and 12 for Stamina. I mean the guy plays every 3 days at a high level and has huge effect on the rest of the team. Lovren has 13 for Teamwork. All the other CBs in the team have higher Natural Fitness and Stamina. Even Joe Gomez. That's not realistic nor justified. 

But whatever....that's why we have the Editor thankfully. I see there is no point.

11 hours ago, yonko said:

Well VVD is probably the frontrunner to win Ballon D'Or so realistically he should be closer to Messi in terms of CA/PA.

There is no logical reason for him having 11 for Teamwork, 13 for Natural Fitness and 12 for Stamina. I mean the guy plays every 3 days at a high level and has huge effect on the rest of the team. Lovren has 13 for Teamwork. All the other CBs in the team have higher Natural Fitness and Stamina. Even Joe Gomez. That's not realistic nor justified. 

But whatever....that's why we have the Editor thankfully. I see there is no point.

I’ll persevere...VVD has had the biggest CA rise possible within the parameters I can work too. He is not going to be near Messi’s CA who is probably the best player to have played the game and who has been at the same high level for a decade at least.

With his increase in CA for being the best defender currently, I have prioritised on increasing his defensive attributes first and foremost as they were too low. I have asked previously to increase both Fitness and Stamina but it would have had to come at the expense of reducing other attributes. These attributes are all weighted differently subject to the position they play in. 

‘there’s no point’ - there is every point if you simply took my invite and raised these points with reasons and proof etc in the Premiership Data thread, where a more meaningful debate could be had with others. Unfortunately now we have datalock. However I will be trying again with Stamina/Fitness for the next update.

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

12 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

I’ll persevere...VVD has had the biggest CA rise possible within the parameters I can work too. He is not going to be near Messi’s CA who is probably the best player to have played the game and who has been at the same high level for a decade at least.

With his increase in CA for being the best defender currently, I have prioritised on increasing his defensive attributes first and foremost as they were too low. I have asked previously to increase both Fitness and Stamina but it would have had to come at the expense of reducing other attributes. These attributes are all weighted differently subject to the position they play in. 

‘there’s no point’ - there is every point if you simply took my invite and raised these points with reasons and proof etc in the Premiership Data thread, where a more meaningful debate could be had with others. Unfortunately now we have datalock. However I will be trying again with Stamina/Fitness for the next update.

This reply is why "there is no point".