[England Premier Division] Data Issues

Please post any data issues related to England Premier Division here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for England Premier Division should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues Forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling and league rules.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Giovani Lo Celso's future fee is considerably lower than real-life reports have suggested, and there's no visible recording of a loan fee - is this definitely correct? It's also been reported IRL as either a compulsory fee or compulsory so long as Tottenham qualify for Europe (50/50 right now! :p ), but is showing as optional in-game.

Newcastle United Transfer Clauses need to be addressed.

Grant Hanley - 500k promotion clause

Aleksandar Mitrovic - 2m relegation clause (not sure about this one tbh, does it stay active even though they got relegated?)

@diddydaddydoddy As I've started with Liverpool and I've noticed a few new PPM's knocking around the game I was quite surprised to see Firmino doesn't have "tries tricks". Now I understand this can be subjective and what does actually constitute "tries tricks" but I think Firmino does try backheels, flicks and tricks in every game. I'm open to being to be proven the opposite.

Playing as Burnley, 4-4-2 tactic, Dwight McNeil plays as a regular first team player on the Left of Midfield, has done since last season. 

would also say his current ability is a little on the weak side, he has contributed enormously to our form since Jauary, his crossing and dribbling is probably the best in our team IRL and he only has 10 crossing in game. People see him as a future full England international and has trained with the senior squad be nice to see that reflected in his CA and PA

Game says he only plays AML/R/C and Striker, he is playing solely left mid IRL.

Jeff Hendrick can also play on the right of midfield and has done quite a bit over the last 12 months.

Eric Pieters, crossing 5, very harsh, needs to be more than that, has a few assists this year from left back, I'd say 9 or 10 would be fair.

Ill keep editing this as I go through the game and add anything obvious, wont be picky on CA unless I think it's absolutely obvious.

Playing a tactic that involves a lot of crossing from wide areas, alarming amount of headers, hitting the post or crossbar, hmm something I'll monitor

Thanks

Edited by JeradUTC
14 minutes ago, OkMarius said:

Are we free to make individual threads for the PL clubs? It's kind of messy to have it all in one.

We used to have individual threads and it was more of a mess, 90% were never used.

8 minutes ago, swansongs said:

We used to have individual threads and it was more of a mess, 90% were never used.

Fair enough. I still feel like clubs like Liverpool and Man Utd could at least use their on threads, as there will be plenty of feedback on those.

(Last off-topic post from me, sorry)

Yeah I don't agree with Krawietz getting the Assistant Manager role over Lijnders. They both have the official title of Assistant Manager IRL - but it seems to me like Lijnders is the one doing the most "assistant manager-like" job for the club, while Krawietz is more of an analysis guy.

Ps. Lovely to see Wijnaldum's "balance" stat finally being as high as he deserves. I still think he's slightly undertuned. Attributes like Jumping Reach, Bravery, Leadership, Crossing, Flair, Vision could all go up a point or two.

Matip is going to be hard to justify using over Gomez in the game. The game has Gomez as more determined, stronger, faster, with a better first touch and balance. I don't think that's the case, unless you base the attributes on the start of the previous season.

Salah's preferred foot is "Left", but IRL it's "Left only". His right foot is on the same level as John Arne Riise's - terrible.

Mane's vision at 15? No way Jose. He'd have so many assists with that vision! His Strength at 11 is also very low - when in real life he's kind of strong. Jumping reach 9, heading 13 is also very inaccurate considering all the great headers he's scored.

Ox Long Shots 13? I'd argue that should be his best attribute - it's been that during his time with us at least.

Trent's Acceleration and Pace at 14 each is a bit generous. As I've said previously he has shown a lack of pace at certain times. I'd reduce each by at least 1, and increase some of his other attributes to make up for it. Henderson ridiculed him recently in a FIFA stat unveiling, where it was obvious that they both knew Hendo was much faster than him (they made fun of the game not reflecting that).

Good job overall, as always! :)

Edited by OkMarius
5 minutes ago, pamf said:

Pep ljinders is listed as coach in game, krawietz as ass man.. this should be the other way around

4 minutes ago, OkMarius said:

Yeah I don't agree with Krawietz getting the Assistant Manager role over Lijnders. They both have the official title of Assistant Manager IRL - but it seems to me like Lijnders is the one doing the most "assistant manager-like" job for the club, while Krawietz is more of an analysis guy.

Good catch, didn't even notice this but you guys are 100% correct in my view. I have a feeling they're both set to assistant manager but the game only recognises one of them. Difficult to say without the editor but in the last year Pep has definitely been more forefront in this role.

24 minutes ago, OkMarius said:

Ps. Lovely to see Wijnaldum's "balance" stat finally being as high as he deserves. I still think he's slightly undertuned. Attributes like Jumping Reach, Bravery, Leadership, Crossing, Flair, Vision could all go up a point or two.

Matip is going to be hard to justify using over Gomez in the game. The game has Gomez as more determined, stronger, faster, with a better first touch and balance. I don't think that's the case, unless you base the attributes on the start of the previous season.

Salah's preferred foot is "Left", but IRL it's "Left only". His right foot is on the same level as John Arne Riise's - terrible.

Mane's vision at 15? No way Jose. He'd have so many assists with that vision! His Strength at 11 is also very low - when in real life he's kind of strong. Jumping reach 9, heading 13 is also very inaccurate considering all the great headers he's scored.

Ox Long Shots 13? I'd argue that should be his best attribute - it's been that during his time with us at least.

Trent's Acceleration and Pace at 14 each is a bit generous. As I've said previously he has shown a lack of pace at certain times. I'd reduce each by at least 1, and increase some of his other attributes to make up for it. Henderson ridiculed him recently in a FIFA stat unveiling, where it was obvious that they both knew Hendo was much faster than him (they made fun of the game not reflecting that).

I'd agree that Wijnaldum is underrated. IRL he's absolutely huge for the Netherlands and he's been nominated for the Balon d'Or but he's no better than Lallana in the game.

And van Dijk is obviously very good on the game, but not quite the monster he is in real life. He keeps up, or catches up, with absolutely anybody but he's only 15/15 for pace and acceleration.

24 minutes ago, OkMarius said:

I'd agree that Wijnaldum is underrated. IRL he's absolutely huge for the Netherlands and he's been nominated for the Balon d'Or but he's no better than Lallana in the game.

And van Dijk is obviously very good on the game, but not quite the monster he is in real life. He keeps up, or catches up, with absolutely anybody but he's only 15/15 for pace and acceleration.

1 hour ago, JeradUTC said:

Playing as Burnley, 4-4-2 tactic, Dwight McNeil plays as a regular first team player on the Left of Midfield, has done since last season. 

would also say his current ability is a little on the weak side, he has contributed enormously to our form since Jauary, his crossing and dribbling is probably the best in our team IRL and he only has 10 crossing in game 

Game says he only plays AML/R/C and Striker, he is playing solely left mid IRL.

Jeff Hendrick can also play on the right of midefield

Thanks

Yeah agree with this. Mcneil is definitely the best crosser in the squad which has given him various assists and all from left midfield. I also think Ashley Barnes finishing should be looked at, he is the best finisher in the squad and has scored 16 goals in the last season, 13 seems harsh. 

17 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

Please do not post false statements like this in here. Wijnaldum's CA (and reputation) is significantly higher than Lallana's, and to say he's "no better" is simply incorrect.

Mohamed Salah's incorrect biography - "The 3 winners medals that Salah has collected during his career are: Raiffeisen Super League(FC Basel 2013), UEFA Champions League (Liverpool 2019; Liverpool 2019).

Sadio Mane 11 strength is too low.

James Milner with only 16 penalties is abit harsh in my opinion. 

Brighton - Alzate has been one of our best players this season, yet he's rated as a 2 and a half stars in our squad.

Aaron Connolly also deserves to be higher than 2 and a half stars.

Trossard is also underrated and should be rated on par with Dunk as our best player.

Maty Ryan is also underrated.

Gross and Jahanbshksh are overrated.

2 minutes ago, tiotom92 said:

Brighton - Alzate has been one of our best players this season, yet he's rated as a 2 and a half stars in our squad.

Aaron Connolly also deserves to be higher than 2 and a half stars.

Trossard is also underrated and should be rated on par with Dunk as our best player.

Maty Ryan is also underrated.

Gross and Jahanbshksh are overrated.

Please read the first post of the thread. Just saying they're "underrated" isn't going to convince anyone to change anything. Star ratings are in context of the rest of the players in your squad. 

1 minute ago, metal_guitarist said:

Please read the first post of the thread. Just saying they're "underrated" isn't going to convince anyone to change anything. Star ratings are in context of the rest of the players in your squad. 

I know they are.

Alzate has been quality and many pundits have been praising him this season. He's just been called up to the Columbia squad.

Connolly scored 2 goals on his debut against Spurs and has started every game since over Glenn Murray, and has looked good.

Trossard has looked our best player in all 3 games he's played this season, and got a special feature on MOTD last weekend despite only playing 20 minutes.

Maty Ryan is a very good goalkeeper - constantly makes saves he shouldn't be expected to make and yet rarely makes a mistake.

Gross had a great first season with us but had major injury problems last season and was awful last season. This season he's playing better but not well enough to justify his star rating.

Jahanbakhsh created 0 chances last season in 19 games last season as a winger, no way should he be rated on par with Ryan, Maupay etc.

Maybe I'm wrong and he is still involved (I couldn't find him listed on any official documents) but Martin Edwards is listed as a Man Utd Director. Even if he does still happen to have an honoury director position he shouldn't be the one doing the introduction

@Simon Tipple 

Thoughts on the current Brighton ratings. 

• Matt Ryan - Communication, handling and one on ones seem low - He really has proven over the last 2 seasons that he's a top goalkeeper. His shot stopping stats don't show that.
  • Lewis Dunk - Seems to have had a decrease to positioning by 1? 1st season in the prem I thought his stats were too low, last season they definitely were. How have they not been improved?  Especially given his performances in the first 10 games this season. You get Jack O'Connell come up with Sheffield Utd and his stats are on a par with Dunk (they're different to each other but comparable I would imagine based on CA. His comparison with Steve Cook is another good one to make, Cook is rated a better defender? Same goes with the Burnley CB's. Concentration of 11 is very harsh and his positioning and marking of 13 make him an average prem defender. 
  • Adam Webster - I guess you wouldn't be able to touch his stats until January? I've already found one or two links to him being in championship teams of the season, but tackling, marking and positioning of 13 are of a mid-table championship team. Compare him again to O'Connell. 
  • Dan Burn - Technique, passing and first touch need a big boost, around 12 would be about right. Pace of 11 should be around 13/14. When he gets going he's not slow. Burns defensive stats really highlight how low Dunks are. Marking and Positioning are the same and tackling is only 1 off Dunks. Dunk is proven for 2 years in a row at this level now.
  • Tudor Baluta - Probably a very difficult one to rate. During the U21 Euro's Baluta was one of the stand out's. He's excellent on the ball with a good range of passing. Technique of 8 and passing of 11 are low, especially technique.
  • Dale Stephens - Nice he's probably got an 18 rating for the DM position now - Would possibly think about another upgrade for him after the start to this season.Tackling, Positioning and anticipation the most in need. He's Probably been the stand out along with Dunk. 
  • Steven Alzate - I was hoping he would have stats that showed his box to box ability. Given how well he's played at wing back and in the CM position he should be much better defensively than he is. He also played CM for the U23's last year and if he doesn't have a 20 rating for that position I think it should be worth considering. He's surprisingly strong so would bump that to 11 and boost tackling to 11/12 and position to 11/12 along with anticipation. I don't think that's unreasonable given what Matty Longstaff gets given after only 1/2 games. Alzate has been MOTM in 3 games already this year. An even more exciting prospect than Connelly I think. 
  • Davy Propper - Tackling should be 10 or 11. He's played the deep CM position for 2 years and shown he can break up play as well as what he can do on the ball. You've mentioned before that you think anticipation covers this aspect of his game but his low defensive stats make it hard to play him as a box to box player which this season he's being allowed to show.
  • Solly March - Anticipation, stamina and tackling boost needed along with a general boost of his mental. teamwork, work rate etc. I think he will end up a wing back/full back and after starting so well in that position before his injury I think a boost to his rating in that position is merited. I think how Scheletto is rated from FB to winger is how March should be shown, but in reverse obviously. For both left and right wing back given his general versatility.
  • Aaron Connelly - Think his stats look really good, only teamwork seems low to me? 
  • Neal Maupay - Passing, strength and acceleration of 13 could be improved? 14, 15 & 14 seem right. 
  • Brighton U23's and U18's - Given their performances over the last 2 years and beating 'top 6' youth teams regularly I would have thought CA's and PA's would be more generous by now, compared to that of other prem clubs? I do get that it must be almost impossible to truly rate U23 and U18 players though.

Maybe it's that other teams have been rated too highly but it does seem that Brighton are generally rated fairly low. I know it's only a guideline but the season preview odds give an good indication of squad ratings and Brighton are down as 18th. Southampton seem OP as are Newcastle. Other than the Man City and Chelsea game and possibly Everton we've outplayed every team (even with sendings off we've deserved something from each game). So I do feel after staying up 2 years in a row playing under an extremely defensive manager and our start this year possibly shows that our players are generally better than they are currently rated as (even if only minimally as I know small tweaks make a big difference to CA). 

I feel like I did this last year about the squad and its not intended as negative, as on the whole I agree with your ratings and generally my suggestions are minimal except Dunk, Stephens and Alzate. Although I hope come January the squad will get a boost as Potter is really bringing the best out of the players. 

Thanks. 

Norwich City - Stuart Webber is listed as a technical director when he is more suited to the DOF role as he actively seeks out players in conjunction with the chief scout.  Maybe have him as DOF with Technical Director as secondary role??

I am curious to see the PA of J.Gomez because last year was THE centre-back with the highest value (alongside Van Dijk and De Ligt that though had negative potential and btw <CA). I hope this year he will have a more realistic PA if compared with the ones of other players.

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

Harvey Barnes' strength is far too low, currently set as 9 when it should be around 13 or 14 in my opinion.

His passing, technique and vision could do with a bit of an upgrade too in my opinion. He does seemingly have very high PA though which is spot on.

Ndidi's positioning is really low for somebody that routinely is around the top for interception stats (not solely what makes up positioning, I know).

Also love it that Vardy has "winds up opponents" :D

11 minutes ago, Brighton123 said:

@Simon Tipple 

Thoughts on the current Brighton ratings. 

• Matt Ryan - Communication, handling and one on ones seem low - He really has proven over the last 2 seasons that he's a top goalkeeper. His shot stopping stats don't show that.
  • Lewis Dunk - Seems to have had a decrease to positioning by 1? 1st season in the prem I thought his stats were too low, last season they definitely were. How have they not been improved?  Especially given his performances in the first 10 games this season. You get Jack O'Connell come up with Sheffield Utd and his stats are on a par with Dunk (they're different to each other but comparable I would imagine based on CA. His comparison with Steve Cook is another good one to make, Cook is rated a better defender? Same goes with the Burnley CB's. Concentration of 11 is very harsh and his positioning and marking of 13 make him an average prem defender. 
  • Adam Webster - I guess you wouldn't be able to touch his stats until January? I've already found one or two links to him being in championship teams of the season, but tackling, marking and positioning of 13 are of a mid-table championship team. Compare him again to O'Connell. 
  • Dan Burn - Technique, passing and first touch need a big boost, around 12 would be about right. Pace of 11 should be around 13/14. When he gets going he's not slow. Burns defensive stats really highlight how low Dunks are. Marking and Positioning are the same and tackling is only 1 off Dunks. Dunk is proven for 2 years in a row at this level now.
  • Tudor Baluta - Probably a very difficult one to rate. During the U21 Euro's Baluta was one of the stand out's. He's excellent on the ball with a good range of passing. Technique of 8 and passing of 11 are low, especially technique.
  • Dale Stephens - Nice he's probably got an 18 rating for the DM position now - Would possibly think about another upgrade for him after the start to this season.Tackling, Positioning and anticipation the most in need. He's Probably been the stand out along with Dunk. 
  • Steven Alzate - I was hoping he would have stats that showed his box to box ability. Given how well he's played at wing back and in the CM position he should be much better defensively than he is. He also played CM for the U23's last year and if he doesn't have a 20 rating for that position I think it should be worth considering. He's surprisingly strong so would bump that to 11 and boost tackling to 11/12 and position to 11/12 along with anticipation. I don't think that's unreasonable given what Matty Longstaff gets given after only 1/2 games. Alzate has been MOTM in 3 games already this year. An even more exciting prospect than Connelly I think. 
  • Davy Propper - Tackling should be 10 or 11. He's played the deep CM position for 2 years and shown he can break up play as well as what he can do on the ball. You've mentioned before that you think anticipation covers this aspect of his game but his low defensive stats make it hard to play him as a box to box player which this season he's being allowed to show.
  • Solly March - Anticipation, stamina and tackling boost needed along with a general boost of his mental. teamwork, work rate etc. I think he will end up a wing back/full back and after starting so well in that position before his injury I think a boost to his rating in that position is merited. I think how Scheletto is rated from FB to winger is how March should be shown, but in reverse obviously. For both left and right wing back given his general versatility.
  • Aaron Connelly - Think his stats look really good, only teamwork seems low to me? 
  • Neal Maupay - Passing, strength and acceleration of 13 could be improved? 14, 15 & 14 seem right. 
  • Brighton U23's and U18's - Given their performances over the last 2 years and beating 'top 6' youth teams regularly I would have thought CA's and PA's would be more generous by now, compared to that of other prem clubs? I do get that it must be almost impossible to truly rate U23 and U18 players though.

Maybe it's that other teams have been rated too highly but it does seem that Brighton are generally rated fairly low. I know it's only a guideline but the season preview odds give an good indication of squad ratings and Brighton are down as 18th. Southampton seem OP as are Newcastle. Other than the Man City and Chelsea game and possibly Everton we've outplayed every team (even with sendings off we've deserved something from each game). So I do feel after staying up 2 years in a row playing under an extremely defensive manager and our start this year possibly shows that our players are generally better than they are currently rated as (even if only minimally as I know small tweaks make a big difference to CA). 

I feel like I did this last year about the squad and its not intended as negative, as on the whole I agree with your ratings and generally my suggestions are minimal except Dunk, Stephens and Alzate. Although I hope come January the squad will get a boost as Potter is really bringing the best out of the players. 

Thanks. 

Hey, appreciate your thoughts and I'm glad you agree with a lot of the ratings! 

Matt Ryan - I don't agree with you on his handling. I'd actually been thinking that might be slightly too high. When it comes to saving shots I feel like he doesn't hold onto the ball and has to quickly readjust to gather the ball at the second attempt. In terms of One-On-Ones, possibly, I don't really have a strong feeling on that. I've never really thought communication was a strong part of his game. Boosting both of those by 1 is a 2 point CA increase. If I dropped Handling to 14, there's still a 1 point CA increase. That said, a 1/2 point rise wouldn't necessarily be out of the question - but (haven't read comments on the other players yet) I can't really boost everyone as the average rating overall is pretty much where we think it should be (more on that later).

Lewis Dunk - We played so compact and deep last season that I felt it protected him a bit in terms of his Positioning and Marking. I think one of the question marks hanging over him potentially moving to a bigger club is how would he cope having to play in a high defensive line and pick up the runs in behind. If I boosted all of those attributes by 1, his CA would jump up by 4. I would be inclined to tweak up his Concentration by a point (1 CA point).

Adam Webster - Yes his attributes have come from Bristol City but I think the City researcher's reflected Webster very well. He's got a very good weaker foot rating which you can't visually see in game but eats up a lot of CA points. I really like him as a player, he's been a really good signing and I would expect some increases to come, which I think would include his tackling. I'm not yet convinced his Marking or Positioning should go up. For example, Calvert-Lewin's goal on the weekend, he starts off behind him, he can see him. He then marks the space, loses sight of Calvert-Lewin, who makes the run behind him, and they score. That's not meaning to pin the blame on him (not sure what Ryan was doing..) or say he's poor in those areas, I just need to see more to convince me they should be higher! 

Dan Burn - Agree with you on his touch, passing & technique. I hadn't see much of him until this season as he hadn't really played for us. I did get him boosted a couple of weeks ago as it happens but I agree those could go up some more. Those defensive attributes are possibly too high, I thought he could have done a lot better with Southampton's second goal at the Amex for example. That's a great shout though and why these threads are so useful, I'll definitely review his attributes before release.

Tudor Baluta - Yeah, early days. I watched the Euro games in the summer and was impressed. Also went to both the Villa Cup game and Southend Leasing.com Trophy game he played in. As it happens, and getting a little technical, there is some room for improvement, without having to touch his CA. So I could tickle both up by 1 easily enough. I'll have a chat with our Romanian researcher too. 

Dale Stephens - Ha, I must have finally broken my resolve with the not giving him an 18! I agree he's had a good season, I'm not sure I'd agree with those increases though. 

Steven Alzate - Firstly, what a player..! His ability is higher than Longstaff's and I agree with he looks a more exciting prospect, although both are exciting! I'm not sure I can really increase his overall ability by much more at this stage (he's already had a considerable bump since May). I would like to get his work rate up, but not sure what I'd sacrifice to do it! He's not really a defensive player, he has played wing back for us but hasn't exactly had a huge amount of defensive responsibility. He's so technically good he can pretty much play anywhere but his natural position coming through the ranks was AMC and you're right we did get him playing deeper (he has MC 18).

Davy Propper - Tackling 10 just wouldn't feel right to me, will tag our Dutch HR @Reddiablo in case he has any thoughts on it. For me it feels like you're wanting the tackling higher just to fit a role, rather than basing it on what he does? It could potentially go up a little, but I don't think it would ever be enough to suit that role without fundamentally reworking his entire profile. 

Solly March - I was really tempted to increase his WBL rating by more but it makes a big difference to his CA, especially if I were to increase all those other attributes too, he'd be our best player! Might have to, the position at least, but will review that again in January.

Aaron Connolly - Thanks, teamwork.. I guess. I think I'd based it mostly off his U23 games and he's quite selfish given half a chance to shoot.. but he has down well in the last couple of weeks with his team play in deeper areas.

Neal Maupay - Yeah, I'd like his Acceleration and Strength to go up too. I'll have to have a think about how to achieve that though in the context of both his ability and the team overall.

U23s/U18s - I watch the 23s quite a lot and in general I think I get them about right, as in when they go out on loan to the EFL or wherever their CA tends to fit in quite well. It's tricker with the U18s as the home games are behind closed doors so a lot of that is based on appearances for the 23s, or wherever I can find/watch something. 

We are fairly low but there's still a handful of sides with a lower average rating than us. Predictions wise pretty much everyone had us nailed down to be relegated this season. So I don't think the media prediction of 18th or the overall ability of the side is too far out really. It's going to be a really interesting season to see how things pan out. The football we're playing really is very good, comfortably the best it's been since we've been up. If over the coming months we keep playing well and we do get the points we deserve - brilliant. My fear is too often we haven't taken the points the performance warranted. So as much as I'd like to get carried away (I do.. I just try to take a step back with my research), the dropped points ring alarm bells too. At some point if you keep playing well but dropping points, you have to question why. I think it's a bit to soon to draw any conclusions.

6 minutes ago, dpt8544 said:

That's not set in the db. Would be an issue for the thread in the League Specific Issues Forum.

7 hours ago, Fosse said:

Harvey Barnes' strength is far too low, currently set as 9 when it should be around 13 or 14 in my opinion.

His passing, technique and vision could do with a bit of an upgrade too in my opinion. He does seemingly have very high PA though which is spot on.

Ndidi's positioning is really low for somebody that routinely is around the top for interception stats (not solely what makes up positioning, I know).

Also love it that Vardy has "winds up opponents" :D

Barnes is one of those that I'm talking to Pete about - he is currently a little lower for CA than Albrighton and he deserves an upgrade in one or two areas given he has hit his stride this season. 13/14 strength is rather high for a wide player, mind, but yes 9 is low. I've not changed his profile too much since I had him back from the WBA researcher in January.

Positioning is an attacking stat (I'm pretty sure, anyway) - the defensive equivalent is marking, which I'm pretty sure Wilf is very adept at in-game.

How could Vardy not be winding up opponents? The greatest of all time in that respect! :)

Edited by tomlcfc
6 minutes ago, tomlcfc said:

Positioning is an attacking stat (I'm pretty sure, anyway) - the defensive equivalent is marking, which I'm pretty sure Wilf is very adept at in-game.

Off the Ball is attacking, Positioning is defending. But Positioning *can* influence attacking, if my memory is right

Edited by autohoratio

Vorm has agreed playing time listed as Backup when he really is a literal emergency backup - emergency being Hugo getting long-term injury. He doesn't even get to the bench IRL.

Ndombele is a squad player in DB, but Spurs' record signing is meant to be a regular starter and has only missed two PL games so far due to injury, and a league cup game.

1 hour ago, tomlcfc said:

Barnes is one of those that I'm talking to Pete about - he is currently a little lower for CA than Albrighton and he deserves an upgrade in one or two areas given he has hit his stride this season. 13/14 strength is rather high for a wide player, mind, but yes 9 is low. I've not changed his profile too much since I had him back from the WBA researcher in January.

How could Vardy not be winding up opponents? The greatest of all time in that respect! :)

Positioning is a defensive attribute according to the manual.

Positioning:  Positioning reflects how good the player is at keeping a good defensive position. For goalkeepers, this is how well they get into the correct position

4 hours ago, YO97 said:

Positioning is a defensive attribute according to the manual.

Positioning:  Positioning reflects how good the player is at keeping a good defensive position. For goalkeepers, this is how well they get into the correct position

My mistake - long day yesterday!

Defensive positioning of 12 might be a bit low, yeah, but I wanted to reflect that Ndidi can sometimes be caught out by his own rash decision, which can leave us wide open through the midfield. Both he and Hamza Choudhury are still adapting to playing as a lone defensive midfield player in that respect.

I appreciate the help and support so far - I will send all that I agree with on to Pete so please let me know if you find anything else that doesn't look right, cheers!

13 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

@diddydaddydoddy is 87kg right for J.Gomez? I checked online and I have found everywhere that is weight is 77kg

Weight, I've found to be one of the hardest elements of the game to verify to be honest. So please share any reputable data you have found please.

Loaded up last night and had a look through the Blades squad, John Lundstram is transfer listed although he's played every game in the Premier League for us this season. Has been crucial to both stiffening up the midfield area but has also been statistically more involved than any other player in our squad in the build up of chances, and has the highest number of expected assists of any player in the squad. Not sure what you would need to change attribute-wise but I feel he deserves to be taken off the transfer list at the very least!

https://understat.com/team/Sheffield_United/2019

Also the 2nd highest scoring "Defender" in the fantasy football at the moment :)

7 hours ago, Simon Tipple said:

Hey, appreciate your thoughts and I'm glad you agree with a lot of the ratings! 

Davy Propper - Tackling 10 just wouldn't feel right to me, will tag our Dutch HR @Reddiablo in case he has any thoughts on it. For me it feels like you're wanting the tackling higher just to fit a role, rather than basing it on what he does? It could potentially go up a little, but I don't think it would ever be enough to suit that role without fundamentally reworking his entire profile. 

Cheers for the mention. Pröpper has played over 80 games for Brighton by now, so I'm not sure if he's still like how he was as when he was in Holland, we're talking quite an extensive period as well.

He has seemingly made a bit of a transition from an 8 that plays a bit like a 10, to an 8 that plays more like a 6 - as in a more holding, controlling role.  As Simon says, one should not adjust attributes just to fill a role. He does appear to be making a lot more tackles than he did in his Holland days, and even currenty in the Dutch NT where he'd sit ahead of Frenkie de Jong although they can vary.  I'm not sure how high his tackling should be and it is also a sum of a few attributes that consist of not just good tackling and good defensive tasks. I won't mind if it gets adjusted a bit.

15 hours ago, Justified said:

@diddydaddydoddy As I've started with Liverpool and I've noticed a few new PPM's knocking around the game I was quite surprised to see Firmino doesn't have "tries tricks". Now I understand this can be subjective and what does actually constitute "tries tricks" but I think Firmino does try backheels, flicks and tricks in every game. I'm open to being to be proven the opposite.

That's interesting, I don't recall seeing 'tries tricks' as an option in the DB. Can any other ARs confirm this please? We are encouraged to have c4 as a maximum number of PPMs iirc and although he does use flicks/backheels etc, I am happy that the ones I've already chosen are of greater relevance for now. I'm glad you're open to me having to prove the opposite

Edited by diddydaddydoddy
10 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

That's interesting, I don't recall seeing 'tries tricks' as an option in the DB. Can any other ARs confirm this please? We are encouraged to have c4 as a maximum number of PPMs iirc and although he does use flicks/backheels etc, I am happy that the ones I've already chosen are of greater relevance for now. I'm glad you're open to me having to prove the opposite

Only thing that comes close would be 'tries step over/dragback/trick/showboat', which the guidelines give an explanation as 'players who always try training ground tricks in a competitive match'.

Firmino's tricks (from what I've seen) are not quite as extravagant as the ones I think the database is perhaps referring to?

31 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Weight, I've found to be one of the hardest elements of the game to verify to be honest. So please share any reputable data you have found please.

Here's a few:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/player/_/id/102053/joe-gomez?src=com

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=76907

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/136451/Show/Joe-Gomez

https://en.soccerwiki.org/player.php?pid=76303

I don't know how accurate they are but 4 can't be wrong surely?

https://theathletic.com/1327966/2019/11/01/trent-alexander-arnold-exclusive/

Trent A-A should have Pep Lijnders as favoured personell. Says he was "massive" for him, that he helped shape his career, and that they had a strong bond. Apparently the two of them trained together for hours after normal training.

Another change I'd suggest for TAA is remove his "tries long-range free kicks" (he doesn't shoot free kicks from abnormal distances), and add "switches ball to other flank" instead.

Edited by OkMarius

Why does Moise Kean look like one of the best strikers in the game, and has received a huge upgrade (presumably) over last year? I actually thought his attributes on FM19 were in-line - a good young player but a bit raw with potential. 

Please see his performances so far for Everton too, they have Richarlison playing up-front and Calvert-Lewin usually subbing on. Kean is a talent for sure but as yet not an established striker.

In the game he starts with 18 finishing, 15 composure, 15 off the ball, 16 pace, generally all round amazing attributes really. His finishing stats are as good as Aguero!! I think he will definitely be very over-powered. 

Another issue that I have since last year is Raheem Sterling, who I feel is under-rated especially in comparison to Mane & Salah. Sterling is now widely regarded as one of the best in the world, and I believe one of the reasons City constantly under-perform in FM compared to Liverpool is due to his low ratings vs the Liverpool wide players. Sterling has 13 for both finishing & composure compared to 18/15 for Salah and 17/15 for Mane. I accept that he misses a lot of chances, but so does Salah for sure. I don't see why he is then rated as such a lethal finisher in the game. In fact in the entire City squad the only player with world class finishing attributes is Aguero.

I feel like Sterling should have 14s in both these areas while the Liverpool players should be brought down to 15 level, that would be much more fair.

12 hours ago, OkMarius said:

Actually the first stat that stands out for me is that his Stamina is so low. He is an absolute machine in midfield. If Hendo has 18 I think Gini should be at least matching that or Hendo should have a decrease of 1 and Gini has 18.

12 hours ago, OkMarius said:

I'm unsure on CA and PA values but as it stands at the moment I'd say Matip should have a higher CA but Gomez has a higher PA then Matip. Gomez is definitely faster then Matip so I think that should stand however I'd say they're probably equally as strong so that'll need some tweaking. I think possibly there should be a difference in marking either Gomez decreases a point or Matip goes up one. I'd go with the latter.

13 hours ago, OkMarius said:

Disagreed. I think reasonable is, well, reasonable. When you play the game you can see he doesn't score a lot with his right anyways.

Agreed on Mane's vision should be taken down a  point. I do think his balance does mask how strong he actually is so I could go with 11 if it stayed there but if we're comparing to Salah's 14 he is underrated. Jumping reach is the definitely the odd one out. Firmino has 12, he has definitely better jumping reach then Bobby! I'm "ok" with 13 heading.

Again I'm "ok" with 13 as it's in line with someone like Mane. I just realised now Gini has 9 for long shots when I browsing through, that should have a tiny bump to 10-11 IMO. I think Oxlade is reflected quite well in the game. Good balance and dribbling, which I'd say is his strength, fairly quick and creative.

This one is tricky. If Robertson is 16/16 Acc/Pac then 14/14 doesn't seem that generous. Gun to head I'd maybe put Acc at 13 but I'm happy with 14/14.

1 hour ago, johnstonpickle said:

Loaded up last night and had a look through the Blades squad, John Lundstram is transfer listed although he's played every game in the Premier League for us this season. Has been crucial to both stiffening up the midfield area but has also been statistically more involved than any other player in our squad in the build up of chances, and has the highest number of expected assists of any player in the squad. Not sure what you would need to change attribute-wise but I feel he deserves to be taken off the transfer list at the very least!

https://understat.com/team/Sheffield_United/2019

Also the 2nd highest scoring "Defender" in the fantasy football at the moment :)

Thanks @johnstonpickle - I have already picked up on this, and Lundstram's profile is being revisited.

6 minutes ago, Justified said:

This one is tricky. If Robertson is 16/16 Acc/Pac then 14/14 doesn't seem that generous. Gun to head I'd maybe put Acc at 13 but I'm happy with 14/14.

Robertson is actually really fast. Much faster than Trent, and often uses his acceleration and pace to get past players. I've never seen him lose a sprint duel, while Trent gets beaten for pace by players who aren't even particularily fast at times.

Agree that Gini's stamina is too low, among other stats. If you compare him to Hendo, they have similar flair rating for example. Gini has 10x more flair than Hendo!

Edited by OkMarius