[FM19][MOD] Match Screen Mods

michaeltmurrayuk

2019_mod.thumb.png.b7bc54e561704725a5755cc305023209.png

Football Manager 2019 - Match Screen Mods

Welcome to my Match Screen Mods for Football Manager 2019 I have reworked them this year rolling them into one mod whilst offering more flexibility and some more user friendly customization.

The mod this year incorporates the main Match In Between Highlights mod with the various Match Review Screens.

The IBH panel and its Review panel have both been expanded out to eight panels this year, with each of them fully re-sizable in game by grabbing the divider between the panels and dragging it until you get the size you want, you can also drag the divider to the corner of the screen to fully hide a panel if you don't need all of them.

For the Half-Time and Full-Time Review Panels these are largely the same as last year with one selectable panel on the left and two on the right.

I have also added in some alternative views for the Overview, Match Stats and Formation which can now be selected like the other views via the drop-down menus in the top right corner, I've also re-worked the Player Rating panels these now use the Full Panel but with the Basic view added in and you can change the views by select the drop-down box on the left of those panels.

And like last year there is only the need for one version of the mod regardless of which skin or even which mode of FM you are using, though some of the information or screens might not show up in the Touch Mode as it doesn't support the same data as the full mode.

And as always outside of the match screen this mod make no changes, so it should be compatible with any skin that hasn't already altered these panels.

Screenshots

fm19p_ftr.thumb.png.ed5f81e8b196544ab921292a11900916.pngfm19p_htr.thumb.png.64bf7171937df3e9b9e2335d3607c78a.pngfm19p_ibh.thumb.png.7c440ec0a1c3fdde3546647561623c7e.pngfm19p_pmr.thumb.png.a45e1a103bb28868c26511733df61ce8.png

fm19d_ftr.thumb.png.480346a3166c2d03be414490f9324697.pngfm19d_htr.thumb.png.beed4fe8ff3d1a3f32c7bb87a4221e9e.pngfm19d_ibh.thumb.png.7c5a374b14ea3928e8a1559f80e52689.pngfm19d_pmr.thumb.png.c56e2b44c1fd2707cb70e7e651ffbc92.png

fm19l_ftr.thumb.png.6a26abd34f7a6140f3e256c3099cac6c.pngfm19l_htr.thumb.png.47468b4a798c50d26e13c276a65ca794.pngfm19l_ibh.thumb.png.430269e1dec02c36f2d0bcfcdd11423b.pngfm19l_pmr.thumb.png.b69f0a5913f6786587327208e8afb34a.png

Installation Instructions

For Full Mode Version:

If you are using the default skins:

- Place the panels folder into your User Data Location which by default is:
Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\

If you are using a custom skin:

- Place the panels folder inside the folder for the skin you are using, by default this will be:
Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\skins\<skin_name>\

Then from the Preferences -> Interface Menu turn off the skin cache and reload your skin for the changes to be loaded.

For Touch Mode Version:

After unzipping place the panels folder inside the folder for the skin you are using, by default this will be:
Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019 Touch\skins\<skin_name>\

If you are using one of the default Touch Skins then you will need to download and switch to one of the Base Touch Skins.

Then from the Preferences -> Interface Menu turn off the skin cache and reload your skin for the changes to be loaded.

To change the item shown in each panel just select the drop down arrow in the top right hand corner of each panel and select the view you want. So if you want to change the Left Panel from the Overview to the Match Stats view, just select Match Stats in the dropdown menu.

You can also adjust the width of the columns in game by dragging the dividing line left/right, unfortunately you cannot adjust the height split of the right panel as the game wouldn't store the status.

If you want to change the appearance of the content that appears in the individual menus then you will need to follow the instructions in the Advanced Instructions section below.

Any problems let me know I gave it a quick run through several games and didn't see any issues, also I haven't tested it on Touch Mode but it looks like Touch Mode uses the same files so it should work.

Advanced Instructions

These are largely the same as last year so if you used last years version you should know what to do.

How to Enable Different Views

How to Adjust the Size of the Panels

How to Change Kit/Logo & Text Sizes on Overview View

FM19 MATCH SCREEN MODS DOWNLOAD PAGE

Change Log

v1.1 14: 36 3rd November 2018
- Removed custom columns option from Player Ratings as left by mistake.
- Switch IBH Both Team Stats to use the correct incidents file on top.

---
Redistribution Terms
You are free to post this content to your website provided:
1. It is not sold or behind a paywall.
2. You don't advertise it as being exclusive to your website.
3. My username and blog address are included: http://michaeltmurrayuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Edited by michaeltmurrayuk
v1.1 Update

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How To Enable Different Views

To simplify things this year I have changed how you go about enabling different view, whilst I've managed to include a couple of alternative views which you can select in the normal way through the drop-down menu in the game, for the team related screens it wasn't really possible to that so to adjust them you'll need to alter the xml files.

First in the panels/match folder the four main xml files are:

match in between highlights panel - This controls the main IBH Panel that shows during a match whilst there are no highlights.
match in between highlights panel review - This file controls the Post Match screen and is set out in the same way as the main panel above.

match mid match review panel - This panel appears when a match goes to Half Time.
match full time review panel - This panel appears when a match finishes. Both of these files are edited in the same way.

In each of those files I have used codes to denote what code corresponds to which panel in game.

The two IBH panels are set out like:

LLT   LRT    RLT   RRT
LLB   LRB   RLB   RRB

And the two Review panels are set out like:

RT
LB       RB

Following those codes you then have a number where the number corresponds to the panel type, so 1 is for the Overview, 2 is for Match Stats, 3 is for Formation etc.. The numbers are the same in each file even though not all views may be selectable in each file.

To change the default appearance for the various widgets that you can select in the above files you'll need to locate the code for the panel you want to edit and then locate the type of panel you want to edit.

For example if you wanted to use the Small Formation panel in the Formation widget on the Top Left Panel in the IBH panel then in the match in between highlights panel xml you would scroll through the file until you got to the LLT section and you'd need look for the bit for the formation which will be noted <!-- LLT3 Formation

Under this comment you'll notice two widgets one is for the Home team and the other is for the Away team so in this case you'll want to edit both lines.

In case you are struggling the section of code you need to locate in this (starts at Line #45):

<!-- LLT3 Formation - first widget is for H team, 2 for A team. if want a different view change the file bit on both to point to alternative file -->
    <widget class="match_formation_panel" id="hmtt" file="match/match formation panel ibh" team_index="0" read_only="true">
    <translation id="title" translation_id="230056" type="use" value="Tactics" />
    </widget>
    <widget class="match_formation_panel" id="amtt" file="match/match formation panel ibh" team_index="1" read_only="true">
    </widget>

And the bit we want is the file bit, this tells the game what code to use, in this case it is point to the match formation panel ibh which is the full size formation panel, but we want the small one and if you look in the panels/match folder for this mod you'll see we have another file called match formation small panel ibh which is what we need to point to on the above lines, so in the file lines above change the linked file so the code shold now look like this:

<!-- LLT3 Formation - first widget is for H team, 2 for A team. if want a different view change the file bit on both to point to alternative file -->
    <widget class="match_formation_panel" id="hmtt" file="match/match formation small panel ibh" team_index="0" read_only="true">
    </widget>
    <widget class="match_formation_panel" id="amtt" file="match/match formation small panel ibh" team_index="1" read_only="true">
    </widget>

NOTE: That you need to leave the match/ bit at the front of the file path.

And if you want to change this for the other panels on this screen you'll need to do the same for each of the panels and if you want it to apply on the other screens you'll need to edit their xml files. The easiest way to replace several instances of code is to use the replace all option, but if doing this make sure you keep the match/ bit.

Below you will find a list of the default and custom alternative views I have provided with the mod (I've included the default enabled views for reference in case you mess up editing to safe you having to redown the mod).

1. Overview

match info small ibh
This is the main Overview file shows the teams top to bottom. This option is also enabled by default.

match info overview ibh
This is the Overview (Small) option which shows the teams side-by-side and takes up less space than the other option. This option is also enabled by default.

3. Formation

match formation panel ibh
This is the default Formation panel, showing shirts and names. You can also right click on it to change the orientation.

match formation small panel ibh
This is the small option which includes dots and names. You can also right click on it to change the orientation.

4. Both Formations

To change the content shown within these panels you'll need to edit the match both formations ibh_v or match both formations ibh_h depending on which one you want to change. Inside those files you just need to change the linked files and again there is one for each team. Changing it in those files will adjust it for each panel and screen.

5. Player Ratings

match team stats ibh bottom
This is the default option, which keeps the subbed players on the bench when brought on.

match team stats ibh top
This is the alternative option, which is the same as above but puts the subs into the first XI when brought on.

match team stats pmr
This is file is slightly different and is the default option for the match in between highlights panel review panel.

6. Motivation (Body Language)

match team motivation short ibh bottom
This is the default option, which keeps the subbed players on the bench when brought on.

match team motivation short ibh top
This is the alternative option, which is the same as above but puts the subs into the first XI when brought on.

match team motivation short pmr
This is file is slightly different and is the default option for the match in between highlights panel review panel.

7. Both Team Ratings

To change the content shown within these panels you'll need to edit the match both team stats ibh (in-match) or match both team stats pmr (post-match) files depending on which screen you want to edit. Inside those files you just need to change the linked files and again there is one for each team. Changing it in those files will adjust it for each panel within that screen.

Whilst I have only included a few options this year (due to being able to add more in-game) you can also point the file path to the default files or custom files if you have made your own in the same way, you just need to know the filename.

I have also included a copy of this page in the panels/match folder within the mod called !Alternative Views - Readme to act as an offline reference and to try and keep the main files a bit cleaner so they are easier to edit.

Thanks to the split container code you can adjust the height and width of the panels for the two IBH panels directly from within the game, so you only need to follow these instructions if you want to adjust the size of the Half-Time and Full-Time Review screens.

How to edit the sizes of the individual panels

Before editing the individual panels you need to understand what the following codes do:

minimum_height - this sets the minimum height of the panel if the available space is less than this value then the panel won't show.
default_height - this is the height that the game trys to display the panel at, depending on available space it can appear smaller (to min width as above) or bigger.

Whilst similar codes set the width of the panels.

Normally for these codes you'd enter a number which corresponds to the number of pixels you want the panel to be, however there is also an option to use a negative number (i.e. -1) the negative sign tells the game to make the panel proportional to the available space with the number determining the ratio.

-1 tells the game to fill the rest of the available space (after it has drawn any panels with actual pixel values) equally between all the panels set to -1. So if you set both of the right panels to -1 you'd end up with two equal height panels. If you set the top panel to 500 and the bottom panel to -1 the top panel would take up 500 pixels and the bottom one would take up what space is left.

If you set the top panel to -2 and the bottom panel to -1 then the top panel would take up 2/3 of the space with the bottom panel getting 1/3.

priority - this tells the game in which order to hide panels if there isn't enough space to show them all, the lower the number the higher the priority so a priority="2" panel will be hidden before a prirority="1" panel.

With the above in mind you can now adjust the panel sizes.

The match mid match review panel controls the Half-Time Screen whilst the match full time review panel controls the Full-Time Screen. Each file is edited in the same way and I have commented the files to denote where the various panels start so you just need to adjust the various width, height and priority values to suit your needs.

How to Change Kit/Logo & Text Sizes on Overview Screen

I have commented the various files which tells you how to resize and change the items, whilst the file you need to edit is slightly different depending on what panel you are changing;

The main Overview screen is controlled by the match incidents small ibh xml file
The Overview (Small), H/T and F/T screens are controlled by the match incidents left ibh and match incidents right ibh files.
Whilst the bit at the top of the Player Ratings screen is controlled by the match incidents left pmr and match incidents right pmr files.

2 hours ago, vonreichsm said:

I didn´t understand how i can change the default panel at the match in between panel. I want, that my team (1860 munich) is there from the beginning. There is at every new game the hometeam, but i want that my team is there.

Can anybody help me?

34iizt.png

image.png

Yeah I have the same issue. Bug in the game I think.

Great great job!!

I was able to change new statistic panel to old one with numers so it's even better now ;)

But I have some issues. I noticed that when I change column size in panel then after highlights its going back to default (from general stats to basic info) also there is a problem witch default selectet team Is there possible to set always our team to be displayed?

Thanks again for great mod!

14 hours ago, vonreichsm said:

I didn´t understand how i can change the default panel at the match in between panel. I want, that my team (1860 munich) is there from the beginning. There is at every new game the hometeam, but i want that my team is there.

Can anybody help me?

34iizt.png

image.png

Same issue here as well, not just for my team's stats but also the formation. It changes every match depending on if I'm home or away.

14 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

For the game not remembering your teams status there isn't anything I can do about that as it's a game behaviour, it changed a couple of versions back to show Home/Away teams instead of Human/AI teams.

Shame...

Other problems are solved 

Once again Thanks for great job

15 hours ago, Crb1986 said:

Does anyone know if this works on the split view?

No directly as that view uses the widgets, though you should be able to repoint the widgets to use these individual files instead of the default ones, I'll add it to the list of things to look at.

9 hours ago, toto94zou said:

Hello how do we add these mod on a skin downloaded on steam?

If the skin doesn't include these files then you can just place the extracted panels folder into your User Data Location which by default is:
Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\

If the skin has it's own files then not really no, you'd be best checking with the skin maker to see if they have a non-workshop version of their skin.

5 hours ago, kzkmu said:

Great great job!!

I was able to change new statistic panel to old one with numers so it's even better now ;)

But I have some issues. I noticed that when I change column size in panel then after highlights its going back to default (from general stats to basic info) also there is a problem witch default selectet team Is there possible to set always our team to be displayed?

Thanks again for great mod!

Sorry I thought I'd removed the column resizing because it doesn't work as you've noticed.

They'll be an update later to remove that feature (I might add it later if I can get it working) also need to update IBH Both Team Stats file as I renamed some files last minute so it's linking to the wrong file.

16 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

For the game not remembering your teams status there isn't anything I can do about that as it's a game behaviour, it changed a couple of versions back to show Home/Away teams instead of Human/AI teams.

I'm pretty sure in FM18, using your mod, I was able to get team stats to always just show my team. Is there a specific view for that?

2 minutos atrás, michaeltmurrayuk disse:

No directly as that view uses the widgets, though you should be able to repoint the widgets to use these individual files instead of the default ones, I'll add it to the list of things to look at.

Thank you so much for your help and your work all over the years.

Noticed FM19 added the option for split view wich wasn't there in the previous version : )

7 minutes ago, Crb1986 said:

Thank you so much for your help and your work all over the years.

Noticed FM19 added the option for split view wich wasn't there in the previous version : )

I think the split view is just the docked status from FM18 but made a bit more user friendly as people seemed to struggle to enable the docked option last year.

On 02/11/2018 at 17:49, michaeltmurrayuk said:
How to Change Kit/Logo & Text Sizes on Overview Screen

I have commented the various files which tells you how to resize and change the items, whilst the file you need to edit is slightly different depending on what panel you are changing;

The main Overview screen is controlled by the match incidents small ibh xml file
The Overview (Small), H/T and F/T screens are controlled by the match incidents left ibh and match incidents right ibh files.
Whilst the bit at the top of the Player Ratings screen is controlled by the match incidents left pmr and match incidents right pmr files.

I changed them all to logos and made the logos a bit bigger in small ibh. Place in skin/panels/match.

kitstologos.rar

Edited by Sanel

5 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:
Also minor update, links are in the opening post.

Change Log

v1.1 14: 36 3rd November 2018
- Removed custom columns option from Player Ratings as left by mistake.
- Switch IBH Both Team Stats to use the correct incidents file on top.

Can you get MY managers profile on the prematch screen? i can get the scout report of the oppsition manager and tendancies but not my own. 

One more issue I have changed specific value "match team stats ibh bottom" to "match team stats ibh top" in "match in between highlights panel.xml" but subs aren't appear in first eleven.

I've changed all strings to be sure and still doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

I have edited match team stats ibh top and referenced it in all panels in match inbetween highlights panel however the shirt numbers only show in dots for the LLT panel and then not in the LRT panel:

image.thumb.png.ad519f15d4ff5522aacf8784524e3a69.png

EDIT: Need to get my eyes tested, clearly is working :idiot:

Edited by steveyisatard

On 02/11/2018 at 16:49, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Thanks to the split container code you can adjust the height and width of the panels for the two IBH panels directly from within the game, so you only need to follow these instructions if you want to adjust the size of the Half-Time and Full-Time Review screens.

How to edit the sizes of the individual panels

Before editing the individual panels you need to understand what the following codes do:

minimum_height - this sets the minimum height of the panel if the available space is less than this value then the panel won't show.
default_height - this is the height that the game trys to display the panel at, depending on available space it can appear smaller (to min width as above) or bigger.

Whilst similar codes set the width of the panels.

Normally for these codes you'd enter a number which corresponds to the number of pixels you want the panel to be, however there is also an option to use a negative number (i.e. -1) the negative sign tells the game to make the panel proportional to the available space with the number determining the ratio.

-1 tells the game to fill the rest of the available space (after it has drawn any panels with actual pixel values) equally between all the panels set to -1. So if you set both of the right panels to -1 you'd end up with two equal height panels. If you set the top panel to 500 and the bottom panel to -1 the top panel would take up 500 pixels and the bottom one would take up what space is left.

If you set the top panel to -2 and the bottom panel to -1 then the top panel would take up 2/3 of the space with the bottom panel getting 1/3.

priority - this tells the game in which order to hide panels if there isn't enough space to show them all, the lower the number the higher the priority so a priority="2" panel will be hidden before a prirority="1" panel.

With the above in mind you can now adjust the panel sizes.

The match mid match review panel controls the Half-Time Screen whilst the match full time review panel controls the Full-Time Screen. Each file is edited in the same way and I have commented the files to denote where the various panels start so you just need to adjust the various width, height and priority values to suit your needs.

Is there a way to remove, or set height to 0 for some of the IBM panels that appear during the game when there are no highlights? I've adjusted them in game (so I only have one long panel on the left, one long one in the middle and two on the right) but sometimes they reset themselves (showing all eight, evenly spaced) during a game.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I didn't understand how I can modify the size? What do I have to do to edit the Team Stats, so that I can see more informations like condition, or pass ratings. 

1286677096_Bildschirmfoto2018-11-04um11_28_24.thumb.png.f1eca8992073967062b1ea2a50a8417d.png

Of course I read your description but I didn't understand it :( 

Can you describe where I have to change the xml file and what I should change? 

Thanks in advance

Volker

2 hours ago, sgevolker said:

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I didn't understand how I can modify the size? What do I have to do to edit the Team Stats, so that I can see more informations like condition, or pass ratings. 

1286677096_Bildschirmfoto2018-11-04um11_28_24.thumb.png.f1eca8992073967062b1ea2a50a8417d.png

Thanks in advance

Volker

The main panel is match in between highlights panel this is where you can edit the eight boxes and what will display. You can also drag the dividers between each section to resize accordinly.

1 hour ago, vonreichsm said:

I'm annoyed that the sizes of the boxes repeatedly reset to default.

I want it so:

1k8dek.png

and if i go to tactic or it is halftime it go back to default. Not everytime, but often.

Have you got skin cache turned on?

1 minute ago, vonreichsm said:

Yes. Skin cache is on.

Try editing the defaul sizes for the panels in match in between highlights panel

<!--LL Panel- This is the Left panel -->
    <container class="horizontal_split_container" starting_layout="-1, -1" save_session_state="true" save_default_state="true" min_height_top="1" min_height_bottom="1" >

The default code as given in the example above should save the state of the panels between sessions but you can play around with the minimum size values through out the panel to set them to a default size that suits you.

21 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Can you get MY managers profile on the prematch screen? i can get the scout report of the oppsition manager and tendancies but not my own. 

No idea I've not really looked at the pre-match screens, have a look at the ids used, you might be able to tweak them to show your stuff - H at the start of the id is generally used for the Human, otherwise look in the section files for the ids.

18 hours ago, kzkmu said:

One more issue I have changed specific value "match team stats ibh bottom" to "match team stats ibh top" in "match in between highlights panel.xml" but subs aren't appear in first eleven.

I've changed all strings to be sure and still doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

Make sure you have done it for the panel and view you are selecting, though you might need to make these changes without the game running as it doesn't seem to apply the changes when doing it the other way with the game running.

6 hours ago, sgevolker said:

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Volker

Drag the dividers between the panels to re-size them as you increase the panel size more information should start to appear. If you want to customize what appears then have a look at this guide:

@vonreichsm @frank_olaf And the others have problems with the panels resizing what settings are using? As it was stable when I tested it through about half a dozen games.

How often is it changing?

Have you installed it into a Skin or just into the Panels folder.

Are you swapping between different skins.

Are you using a zoom mode.

What OS are using?

You running any clean up programs? As the state is stored in the files in appdata folder so deleting them will revert it to default.

@michaeltmurrayuk

What do you mean by what settings are we using? I haven't made any amendments to the code.

It's changing once every few games and I have installed it in the base skin file that I downloaded from you.

I'm not swapping between skins.

I'm not sure what zoom mode is, so I don't think I'm using it. OS is Windows 10.

Don't think I'm running any clean up programs.

Thanks.

@ michaeltmurrayuk:

it does not always change, only sometimes. even if I was in the tactics screen or replaced. but not always

i installed it into the rensine skin

i´m not swapping between skins

i´m not using zoom. i´m playing at 100%

my os is win10 pro

i deleted appdata folder and it is changing

I think I have narrowed down the problems (just need to work out how to fix them, without reverting to the static format).

The problem with it reverting back to default seems to be caused by selecting the pitch view on a previous match that seems to wipe the settings and so it reverts back what is set in the file. Solution for the moment is to not select this screen, if you want to watch previous highlights then you can do it from the settings cog, if I cannot fix this I'll see about adding the Upload panel into the Review screen.

For the shifting of the vertical heights this looks to be caused by the commentary bar disappearing when you go to the tactics screen and at HT/FT it seems to disappear fractionally before the IBH panel which causes it to resize but then when the commentary bar reappears it doesn't go back to the exact previous size - its only out by a couple of pixels but it will add up after enough games. As a workaround at the moment if you use the same layout after you have set it you can change the various sizes from relative values to absolute values as stated above this should stop it moving around.