Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
FuSS

[FM 19.2] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStidious v3.0 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, kanga825 said:

Why does the AML and AMR keep swapping positions? I keep moving them back but they always switch back.

 

Maybe a stupid question, but did you check if the swapping positions instructions is applied in the Player Instructions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Justified said:

That's fair enough feedback! I haven't tried the new version yet so was just spit balling some ideas off the top of my head. Maybe it's just a case of testing different duties to see where you get the right balance. Maybe a DLF on support with a Free Role could give some joy? That's pretty much a CF without RWB. It most likely will set your shape to Fluid though unless you change the backs.

I managed to find an hour yesterday after work to test some of my theories and the DLF (S) + Mez (S) + WB's (A) on V2.0 made a difference in attack. Striker scored two and 2 assists were from the left back. Didn't try free role on the striker yet but might not be needed. Obviously against bigger opponents the WB's might get found out so need to keep an eye out on that.

Edited by Justified

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, timcliffsmith said:

Yeah, wingers keep switching with me, too. Looked for the swap position instruction but can't find it anywhere. Any ideas?

 

20 minutes ago, kanga825 said:

I have looked in the player instructions also but cant find anything. 

You need to go to the Player Instructions tab and then click on the AML/AMR position and then at the bottom underneath instructions it says "swap positions with",

Edited by Justified

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Justified said:

I managed to find an hour yesterday after work to test some of my theories and the DLF (S) + Mez (S) + WB's (A) on V2.0 made a difference in attack. Striker scored two and 2 assists were from the left back. Didn't try free role on the striker yet but might not be needed. Obviously against bigger opponents the WB's might get found out so need to keep an eye out on that.

Interesting stuff, I'll take a look.

I'd like to use a DLF(S) but didn't want to switch to Fluid. Moving the WBs to attack would counter that. Worth experimenting with!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Justified said:

You need to go to the Player Instructions tab and then click on the AML/AMR position and then at the bottom underneath instructions it says "swap positions with",

They switch on purpose to lose markers - although it won't make a huge difference is you turn that off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another possiblility is that they are set as corner takers on their opposite flank and it takes a while for them to return to their set position...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

Another possiblility is that they are set as corner takers on their opposite flank and it takes a while for them to return to their set position...

 

Nope - they are set to switch in the tactic :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great tactic Fuss. Working wonders on my save. I almost gave up on my save until I came across this tactic. I'm managing Chelsea and it works great for my team. BTW i like that you didn't use get stuck in. Pretty much most of the tactics in fm19 use it and it's driving me nuts with the huge number of cards that it carries. Can I request you to make a 4231 version with an AMC? I'd love to use Fekir whom i just bought in his natural role. Thanks and cheers..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mhaffy said:

Another possiblility is that they are set as corner takers on their opposite flank and it takes a while for them to return to their set position...

 

Nope - I set them that way.

But I'll upload a non-switching version for those of you with very one-footed inside forwards.

 

11 hours ago, macca72 said:

Nope - they are set to switch in the tactic :thup:

This :)

 

7 hours ago, Nateboia said:

Great tactic Fuss. Working wonders on my save. I almost gave up on my save until I came across this tactic. I'm managing Chelsea and it works great for my team. BTW i like that you didn't use get stuck in. Pretty much most of the tactics in fm19 use it and it's driving me nuts with the huge number of cards that it carries. Can I request you to make a 4231 version with an AMC? I'd love to use Fekir whom i just bought in his natural role. Thanks and cheers..

He should do well as the Mazzala, it's basically made for great AMC type players even if the suitability system doesn't show it.

 

4 hours ago, mastian said:

Hi Fuss, can't download v1.1 from post, do you upload again?

It's an issue with the forum, but I'll re-upload everything to be on the safe side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to add that I'm having great success using the "balanced" mentality against tough opponents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the continious work on this Fuss and others! Its got me finally enjoying a Rangers save. Tried loads and couldn't get a tactic to click. I love playing the full game but due to having a 3 year old and a job I have little time to tinker so hats off to you guys. 

Any tips though for weaker teams who whack the ball over the top. I lost 3-1 to a poor St. Mirren side and all goals were a long ball over the top.

Other than that all other results are pretty much realistic, including a 3-0 thrashing from Celtic ☹️☹️

Edited by hm86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2018 at 15:52, FuSS said:

I absolutely will not use an AP,they are drawn to the ball far too much in this engine and make teams very 1-dimensional. The box-to-box has been one of my better performers over the season, that said I do have Scott McTominay on loan from Man Utd and he's of higher quality than most of the Championship can field in that position. 

 

Agreed! The B2B is the absolute heartbeat of the setup. And together with the DM and MEZ, they make the perfect midfield triumvirate - I think if any of the three roles are turned to playmakers, it would take away from what makes the system tick.

Fwiw, still having great success with beta version of thetactic on FMT :brock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, QuickZombie said:

Are you using 1.1 or 2.0 on balanced fuss? Thanks

I'm basically using V2.0 (I tweak slightly to my personal tastes) - I use it on positive 90% of the time and balanced when I play against better teams.

V1.1 is only there as some people wanted to keep the original tactic, but I hadn't sorted out any of the set pieces yet.

 

31 minutes ago, Vokes said:

Agreed! The B2B is the absolute heartbeat of the setup. And together with the DM and MEZ, they make the perfect midfield triumvirate - I think if any of the three roles are turned to playmakers, it would take away from what makes the system tick.

Fwiw, still having great success with beta version of thetactic on FMT :brock:

Triumvirate! That was the word I was trying to remember when I did the write up, you star.

I completely agree, I love the B2B on my game, but will probably tinker with the front 3 some more.

Edited by FuSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those of you who can't find the switch position option, click on "Player" under your teams logo. Took some time for me to figure out.

 

tabort.png.11341970fc6f3cddb47e3f9cd87062a5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hm86 said:

Anyone help with the 'ball over the top' from poorer opposition?

Just get faster CBs. Dropping the d-line a notch should help in the meantime I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, avonseller said:

Just get faster CBs. Dropping the d-line a notch should help in the meantime I suppose.

Will this not mess with the rest of the tactics setup? I know faster CB's is the way forward but budget limitations don't really allow for that in the first window ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the same problem, dropped my d- line and engament line to very low. DLS to AF  and standard passing solved the problem. Still created lots of chances ( Alltought this might be even better against top teams. If u have fast offensive players youre deadly on the counter aswell.

Another tweak that i am using at the moment is to change the passing from short to standard. The goals were drying up (lots of 1-0,ts 0-0 etc.) Really did the trick, the offensive players started to thrive again.

Edited by Keninho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was flying the first half of the season and now managed to bottle a big lead and most likely  finishing 2nd because my team just stopped scoring completly. So many draws aswell. Anyone got any suggestions of how to fix this ? Tried changing passing to balanced as mentioned above but hasnt really done it for me either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently playing with my Inside Forwards set to "Stay Wider".

The logic here is simple - this isn't their position during an attack, but their position when the team win possession. Being wider means that they are available for passes and stretch the opposition offence. When they attack, they will still "cut in", so there's really no need for them to already be sitting narrow and restricting passing opportunities.

It's a small tweak, but working really well for me - keen for others to test before I add it to V2.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hm86 said:

Will this not mess with the rest of the tactics setup? I know faster CB's is the way forward but budget limitations don't really allow for that in the first window ☹️

CBs with good heading/jumping is important as they'll often get to the ball before it hits the ground before them - preventing the need for fast CBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FuSS said:

CBs with good heading/jumping is important as they'll often get to the ball before it hits the ground before them - preventing the need for fast CBs.

Cheers Fuss, what about the defensive line would you drop that to standard to help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hm86 said:

Cheers Fuss, what about the defensive line would you drop that to standard to help?

Tricky one.

Usually I test a tactic in multiple leagues before I release, but I've not got much time this year, so the tactic is based only on my personal Norwich save - bottom line I've not tried it for Lower League teams, so can't give you too much help, but dropping the lines until you can get better CBs will probably help...you might also consider making the GK more aggressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/11/2018 at 12:50, Keninho said:

Had the same problem, dropped my d- line and engament line to very low. DLS to AF  and standard passing solved the problem. Still created lots of chances ( Alltought this might be even better against top teams. If u have fast offensive players youre deadly on the counter aswell.

Another tweak that i am using at the moment is to change the passing from short to standard. The goals were drying up (lots of 1-0,ts 0-0 etc.) Really did the trick, the offensive players started to thrive again.

Thanks for this mate, will definitely give it a shot. I'm exactly the same winning most games 1-0,the other games I'm constantly caught with the long ball over the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly thanks for your work. long time fan.

Im in the same boat as most. Dominating games but not scoring. Wins are 1-0 scrapes. Striker not scoring but also getting low ratings. Conceding balls over the top. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 saat önce, scottnmcleod said:

Firstly thanks for your work. long time fan.

Im in the same boat as most. Dominating games but not scoring. Wins are 1-0 scrapes. Striker not scoring but also getting low ratings. Conceding balls over the top. 

Same here Fuss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2018 at 01:47, scottnmcleod said:

Firstly thanks for your work. long time fan.

Im in the same boat as most. Dominating games but not scoring. Wins are 1-0 scrapes. Striker not scoring but also getting low ratings. Conceding balls over the top. 

 

On 04/12/2018 at 17:27, Corei said:

Same here Fuss

Re: balls over the top.

Two approaches here:

Deal with the striker - set CBs to cover (which is intended to keep them goal-side of any striker) and set the defensive width to narrow, which will prevent the CBs having long distances to travel toward a central striker.

OR

Deal with the passes - set the pressing to be more intensive, particularly from the WBs, press the areas that the balls over the top are coming from. I've generally found them to be coming in from the wide areas after a failed transition (so my IFWDS are out of the picture). Be interested to hear if this is the same for you both? The analysis page will show you where the assists are coming from that lead to concedes, be handy to know if there's a pattern?

Edited by FuSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 16 Stunden schrieb FuSS:

Front page updated and tidied, V3.0 before the weekend!

I'm not sure if the note regarding regular rotation on the front page of this thread was only just added, but just wanted to let you know that I do something very similar with any 4-3-2-1 tactic I've ever made or used. I don't necessarily always keep the same 11 together on the pitch, but I do like to have more or less exactly 22 players in my squad, two for each position, and I rotate like it's nobody's business. I tend to find that it works well, keeps everyone happy, reduces injuries, and pays off towards the end of the season when I notice opposing squads fielding players with light injuries or a 78% fitness rating to start the game. The reason I don't like to have two separate starting-11 is that I like to use this system to build up young players and expose them to first team football much earlier than I usually would. If I were to rigidly stick with two starting-11s, I would be afraid that I'd have to rely less on young talents and buy more "seasoned" players instead.

Aside from all of that, I'm looking forward to the changes. Last season I was struggling with my own 4-3-2-1, and it was your tactic (with slight tweaks to fit my preferences more) that turned it around for me. Great work!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I might be forced to eat my own words as V3.0 currently has an AP in it...maybe APs actually work in FM19!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 минут назад, FuSS сказал:

Well I might be forced to eat my own words as V3.0 currently has an AP in it...maybe APs actually work in FM19!

instead of mezzala?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FuSS said:

Well I might be forced to eat my own words as V3.0 currently has an AP in it...maybe APs actually work in FM19!

i will be very happy to try new version, good job Fuss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FuSS said:

Well I might be forced to eat my own words as V3.0 currently has an AP in it...maybe APs actually work in FM19!

😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will give this one a go with my current Schalke team.

1st match using this tactic against Gladbach ended with a 0-4 victory, first impression is really good.

9819b6b439942823a6152b42e4072bf8.png

703d0e38dc5480f515bc788d49703edc.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, first of all thanks for create a tactic and share with us!

- I've been playing in 19.1.1 version of FM19, is it viable for this version?
- Extremely pressing and tight defensive style sucks imo. Imagine, u get a counter attack from opponent and their striker got the ball then moves for spaces in our pitch. Right now our 2 defenders who play in centre, pressing together to that guy, so that means opponent's another player who want to support run for their striker is completely free for get a pass and he is 1on1 with our GK. 

any solution for that? I mean our central defenders shouldn't press together for only 1 guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/12/2018 at 17:36, FuSS said:

Well I might be forced to eat my own words as V3.0 currently has an AP in it...maybe APs actually work in FM19!

You should try 2 - out wide.  I think they've got potential in that role this year, especially with overlapping fullbacks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...