The Unofficially Official Training and Mentoring Guide

On 23/02/2020 at 23:14, Experienced Defender said:

Match preparation sessions do not stack. So if you set 2 attacking movement sessions (for example), the effect will be as if it was only 1.

Seems strange. I always thought match preparation acts in a similar way as general training-match preparation slider we used to have before; scheduling more match preparation increases the effects it has on the next match. There is also a limit of scheduling three match preparation sessions of the same kind per game, so I'd think that's because you can only increase the effects up to a certain point. If that's true, it certainly makes no sense to allow you to schedule multiple sessions, but for some reason not more than three.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps QQ&A was the wrong section, so I'm just going to repost my question here:

Another question about traits, one I just thought about having finally managed to get a player to un-learn 'Dwells On Ball'.

Do the attributes of the coach, in terms of their relevance to the move being trained, affect the success of trait training?

i.e. If I want to train an attacking to 'Move Into Channels' should I select my coach with the best combo of Attacking and Tactical training, whereas if I wanted a player to learn 'Marks Opponent Tightly' I'd choose a coach with good Defending and Technical training? 

If this is the case, does it make a difference if said coach is also assigned to those training sessions in the Training module?

41 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

Perhaps QQ&A was the wrong section, so I'm just going to repost my question here:

Another question about traits, one I just thought about having finally managed to get a player to un-learn 'Dwells On Ball'.

Do the attributes of the coach, in terms of their relevance to the move being trained, affect the success of trait training?

i.e. If I want to train an attacking to 'Move Into Channels' should I select my coach with the best combo of Attacking and Tactical training, whereas if I wanted a player to learn 'Marks Opponent Tightly' I'd choose a coach with good Defending and Technical training? 

If this is the case, does it make a difference if said coach is also assigned to those training sessions in the Training module?

I guess @Seb Wassell or someone else from the SI Staff with expertise in the training section should know the answer to your question.

• SI Staff
On 19/03/2020 at 14:41, zlatanera said:

On 19/03/2020 at 15:25, Experienced Defender said:

I guess @Seb Wassell or someone else from the SI Staff with expertise in the training section should know the answer to your question.

They do not make a difference to the player's ability to learn the trait but they do make a difference to the accuracy of the advice offered by the coach regarding learning a trait.

Hi everyone!

I have a simple question about training but I didn't find the answer.

What happen to players that are not selected for the match?

In the training schedule, Intensity is set to max and recovery is then plan for all players. But players that just watch the match, they don't need to recover...

Thank you!

23 hours ago, rouflaquettes31 said:

Hi everyone!

I have a simple question about training but I didn't find the answer.

What happen to players that are not selected for the match?

In the training schedule, Intensity is set to max and recovery is then plan for all players. But players that just watch the match, they don't need to recover...

Thank you!

I think they will follow the same schedule regardless if they played or not.

Hi !

Throughout my first season, I've often had players (especially young ones) who were unhappy with training programs because they want more quickness sessions. So far I've given them a personal quickness training but I can't keep doing that. The obvious solution would be to set up more quickness sessions but A- I don't think that's the point I should insist on and B- quickness sessions are pretty intense and my schedrule is pretty full with games at the moment. Anyone has the same issue ? Does it pass after a while if you keep ignoring them ?

Thanks !

Edited by Fflow

On 27/03/2020 at 19:06, Fflow said:

Hi !

Throughout my first season, I've often had players (especially young ones) who were unhappy with training programs because they want more quickness sessions. So far I've given them a personal quickness training but I can't keep doing that. The obvious solution would be to set up more quickness sessions but A- I don't think that's the point I should insist on and B- quickness sessions are pretty intense and my schedrule is pretty full with games at the moment. Anyone has the same issue ? Does it pass after a while if you keep ignoring them ?

Thanks !

following up, there was one player who still was pestering me about it, one quickness sessions later he complains there are too much of them :idiot:

• SI Staff

@Fflow You will able to satisfy most players in the way you describe; editing their individual training or changing up the team sessions and schedules.

However, just like in the real world, you cannot please all the players all the time. Some players don't want to work hard in training, some only want to work on certain things, some may only feel satisfied with extremely intense training. And sometimes you'll have two players that want the complete opposite to one another.

You're the Manager, make the call that suits you best. If the players cannot take it, maybe they need moving on...

25 minutes ago, roggiotis said:

'' Fickle '' is a positive personality or negative ?

Negative (as far as I know). 

26 minutes ago, roggiotis said:

I have a 19 yo.player with determination 15 , ambition 19 and professionalism 14 and loyalty 6.

Does this player need to be tutored ?

Is he that "fickle" one or you are asking a separate question?

38 minutes ago, roggiotis said:

The same question .

Fickle has to do with loyalty which as far as I understand he will look for transfer in the future

I am not an expert in this area of the game, but fickle basically means the player can be capricious and hence difficult to handle. 

39 minutes ago, roggiotis said:

I must tutor him ? And if yes with who?

Nothing is a "must", it's solely up to you. I personally would look to mentor (not tutor) him with someone who has better personality (ideally model professional) and also high determination (15+). It's also advisable that the mentor is a team leader (or at least a highly influential player) within the hierarchy.

Can mentoring change a player's bravery? I'm finding strange a 2 point decrease (from 13 to 11)  in such a short period. Curiousy he has now the same bravery as his mentor, younger than him. Can that be a reason? The fact that his mentor is younger?

Edited by mikcheck

57 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

I am not an expert in this area of the game, but fickle basically means the player can be capricious and hence difficult to handle. 

Nothing is a "must", it's solely up to you. I personally would look to mentor (not tutor) him with someone who has better personality (ideally model professional) and also high determination (15+). It's also advisable that the mentor is a team leader (or at least a highly influential player) within the hierarchy.

Ok, thanx 

Regarding training and your own manger profile. Im seeing my alter ego having 23 in working with youngsters. If i remember correctly I had 24 at an other save. Is this a bug? @Seb Wassell

Sorry if this have been answered earlier.

Edited by Djuicer

On 28/10/2018 at 14:02, Rashidi said:

Players can still pass player traits (PPM’s) on as well, if the individual shares a similar position to those in the mentoring unit.

Does this factor in roles as well or just position? I just signed a Model Citizen DLP (Moutinho) solely to mentor my younger CB (Boza) and BWM (Mertens). He has a lot of PPMs that would be bad for the other two players. Do PPMs pass down less, as, or more often than personalities and determination?

By what you're saying it seems I don't have to worry about him passing an unfit PPM to the CB, but is it possible he would pass one to the BWM since they can both technically play CM? I don't want a midfield aggressor trying "killer balls often," for example. That being said, Musacchio "dives into tackles," and I'm training Mertens to stop "not diving into tackles" - will that help this stated goal?

Also, should I split this up or just leave as one large group? I may be overreacting, but the young BWM went down one full point of determination due to the squad's influence, apparently, which has made me nervous, which is why I decided to start mentoring and sign Moutinho.

image.thumb.png.92a0db78c25b0b54e1838e0caf6158a3.png

Edited by Weston

Just got told that one of the leaders from the group picked up a trait from someone else, which seems odd, but I went and looked and I don't think he has a new trait..? I could be wrong but I thought he already had all four of the ones he currently has. Why doesn't the communication I'm receiving tell me what the trait is anyway?

image.thumb.png.0a25490c973d02c5617f39ef32a52bf0.png

3 hours ago, Weston said:

Does this factor in roles as well or just position? I just signed a Model Citizen DLP (Moutinho) solely to mentor my younger CB (Boza) and BWM (Mertens). He has a lot of PPMs that would be bad for the other two players. Do PPMs pass down less, as, or more often than personalities and determination?

By what you're saying it seems I don't have to worry about him passing an unfit PPM to the CB, but is it possible he would pass one to the BWM since they can both technically play CM? I don't want a midfield aggressor trying "killer balls often," for example. That being said, Musacchio "dives into tackles," and I'm training Mertens to stop "not diving into tackles" - will that help this stated goal?

As far as I'm aware If by 'roles' you mean the green circles then that won't effect it much. What will affect it is the actual attributes - if your BWM doesn't have the Technique, Passing, and Vision to successfully pull of Tries Killer Balls Often then its less likely to be passed on, just as if you tried to train it you might struggle. 

With the Dives Into Tackles / Does Not Dive Into Tackles part I can say that if, once you've untrained him Does Not Dive Into Tackles and then start training him Dives Into Tackles because his mentor already has the trait it can pass on. I had two goalkeepers in a mentoring group, one had Uses Long Throw To Start Counter-Attacks and Avoids Using Weaker Foot, the other was being trained on the latter yet as soon as the more influential one had trained the second trait the less influential one picked up both. 

35 minutes ago, Weston said:

Just got told that one of the leaders from the group picked up a trait from someone else, which seems odd, but I went and looked and I don't think he has a new trait..? I could be wrong but I thought he already had all four of the ones he currently has. Why doesn't the communication I'm receiving tell me what the trait is anyway?

image.thumb.png.0a25490c973d02c5617f39ef32a52bf0.png

That inbox item doesn't mention traits at all. I've not played FM20 so I can't be 100% but is he training really well or, given his age, not declining especially fast perhaps? 

33 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

As far as I'm aware If by 'roles' you mean the green circles then that won't effect it much. What will affect it is the actual attributes - if your BWM doesn't have the Technique, Passing, and Vision to successfully pull of Tries Killer Balls Often then its less likely to be passed on, just as if you tried to train it you might struggle. 

With the Dives Into Tackles / Does Not Dive Into Tackles part I can say that if, once you've untrained him Does Not Dive Into Tackles and then start training him Dives Into Tackles because his mentor already has the trait it can pass on. I had two goalkeepers in a mentoring group, one had Uses Long Throw To Start Counter-Attacks and Avoids Using Weaker Foot, the other was being trained on the latter yet as soon as the more influential one had trained the second trait the less influential one picked up both. 

That inbox item doesn't mention traits at all. I've not played FM20 so I can't be 100% but is he training really well or, given his age, not declining especially fast perhaps? 

Okay, makes sense. So basically I don't have to worry about players picking up traits that don't suit them because this is less likely to happen.

As for Kurtic, it says he, the 33 year-old captain, picked up a trait from someone else but won't say what trait or from whom? Confusing.

image.thumb.png.ac3302f54255570c69606844e32fc8b6.png

And now days later I get this:

image.thumb.png.d9bc84083d7fbc48989106472ec113c7.png

Besides Moutinho who just joined the club, the only other person in the mentoring group with this trait is an 18 year old with lower determination and squad status. So a teenaged BWM taught the 33 year old captain DLP how to dictate tempo..?

On 28/10/2018 at 15:05, Rashidi said:

Parte 2

CRIANDO PROGRAMAS DE TREINAMENTO INTERESSANTES

O objetivo de qualquer gerente é combinar programas de treinamento que proporcionem ao esquadrão o melhor. Muitas das predefinições táticas vêm com seus próprios programas de treinamento. Se você deseja começar a criar o seu próprio, entender como elas foram criadas é uma boa maneira de começar. Aqui estão algumas idéias sobre certas facetas do treinamento que alguém poderia facilmente ignorar.

O FM19 vê grandes mudanças no treinamento. Por exemplo, quando você acessa o painel Treinamento e clica em "Editar atribuições de coach" à direita, verá que os coaches agora funcionam de maneira diferente 

Mudanças no treinamento agora oferecem aos gerentes mais opções para preparar o esquadrão. Para dar alguns exemplos. Com o treinamento focado, você pode, como um lado recém-promovido, optar por se concentrar no treinamento de peças em conjunto. Você também pode optar por executar diferentes tipos de programas como preparação para o próximo jogo.

Você também pode optar por obter jogadores específicos trabalhando na entrega da peça. 

Outra opção é focar no desenvolvimento físico. Aqui você pode escolher um lado para se concentrar no treinamento físico e também pode direcionar jogadores individuais para adicionar treinamento de foco adicional a Set Pieces ou Attributes. Como você provavelmente pode supor, o treinamento agora pode ser organizado de maneira mais orgânica, para que você possa desenvolver seu lado da maneira que deseja que eles joguem.

Aqui estão algumas recomendações para um estilo específico de futebol:

Treinamento físico - pode ser usado por um time recém-promovido que deseja focar em golos de contra-ataques e contra-ataques.

Picture4.thumb.png.9e1b6f3c83b4163e4c67e50a0281c216.png

* NOTA: Nós escolhemos propositadamente um caso extremo aqui com essa agenda intensa apenas para mostrar o que você poderia fazer potencialmente. Idealmente, você não usaria tantas sessões extras quanto criamos na tabela. Dependendo do tipo e quantidade reais de sessões que você usa, isso pode tornar a programação muito mais intensa, portanto, tenha cuidado com o que a sessão realmente faz. Como isso pode mudar o quão leve ou intenso um cronograma pode se tornar.

Esta é uma sessão de treinamento fisicamente intensa que concentra uma equipe no desenvolvimento de atributos físicos. Ele também incorpora programas que preparam uma equipe para atacar e defender cantos, além de melhorar a entrega de bola parada. Os últimos dois dias são dias de descanso. O domingo é um dia de descanso, mas tecnicamente o sábado seria o dia mais intenso se fosse uma partida. Também vale a pena incluir uma sessão de Visualização de correspondência, a menos que você queira excluí-la especificamente. Lembre-se da Visualização da partida contém o resumo pré-partida.

O programa de treinamento de cada semana cria uma chance de alterações em:

Risco de lesão

condição física

fadiga

Corresponde à nitidez

Coesão da equipe

Felicidade

(Atributos)

Próximos reforços de partidas

Familiaridade tática

Pode-se definir horários de treinamento para a pré-temporada, semanas em que jogamos uma partida por semana ou semanas em que jogamos duas partidas por semana. Também podemos criar planos exclusivos para oponentes específicos. Você pode, por exemplo, se preparar para uma partida final da Copa, concentrando-se diretamente no treinamento de bola parada na última semana antes da final.

As programações de treinamento trabalham para preparar um lado com o desenvolvimento de atributos, coesão de esquadrão ou até mesmo a preparação de partida. As edições anteriores do FM tinham um controle deslizante de preparação de partidas separado. O FM19 vê uma preparação de jogo mais dinâmica, onde podemos designar especificamente nossa equipe para trabalhar em áreas específicas para jogos.

Vale a pena notar que, todos os demais iguais, os horários de treinamento ditam como o jogador progride, não se ele progride. 

TREINAMENTOS E TREINAMENTO

Os treinadores podem ser atribuídos a diferentes categorias de treinamento. O principal a ser observado aqui é que a qualidade do treinamento é afetada pelos atributos do coach e da carga de trabalho. Se a carga de trabalho dos treinadores for muito pesada, a qualidade diminuirá. Se seus atributos são baixos, a qualidade que ele oferece é baixa. A diferença entre 4 * e 5 * é realmente bastante mínima, mas fornecerá esse ganho marginal que pode fazer a diferença.

O que você quer fazer é equilibrar as cargas de trabalho e garantir a escolha dos treinadores certos com as classificações de estrelas corretas. A maioria das categorias tem um atributo primário e um secundário que precisamos conhecer para que eles tenham classificações de estrelas altas. Isso pode mudar de tempos em tempos; portanto, o que você quer fazer é procurar treinadores que atendam Técnico, Mental ou Tático nos atributos secundários. Por exemplo, se eu quisesse que um técnico controlasse o controle da bola, procuraria Técnico e Mental como atributos.

Uma mudança significativa no treinamento de goleiros foi feita no FM18, o que poderia afetar a maneira como os guardiões da vassoura jogam e isso é causado pela inclusão de um novo atributo de treinamento para treinadores - GK Distribution. Basicamente, isso exige que os treinadores trabalhem com os goleiros, para que eles possam distribuir a bola com mais eficiência. Os goleiros que têm uma boa visão vão se beneficiar e também podem começar a atacar os movimentos a partir da distribuição da bola.  

Picture5.thumb.png.aa6d8c8bf492bc63675d2eeb291b4f33.png

Quando você olha para os atributos de treinamento e os relaciona com os cronogramas de treinamento, você perceberá que certos treinadores trabalham para melhorar atributos específicos dentro de sua especialização. Portanto, é sempre uma boa ideia encontrar os treinadores certos para objetivos de treinamento específicos que você deseja atingir. Por exemplo, se você deseja se concentrar no desenvolvimento do primeiro toque em sua equipe como prioridade, precisa encontrar as sessões de treinamento que cobrem isso e também precisa empregar o treinador técnico / técnico de posse adequado para o trabalho.

A qualidade do treinamento também é afetada por suas instalações. Você precisa desenvolver continuamente suas instalações ao longo do tempo para oferecer a seus jogadores o melhor tipo de treinamento possível. E não se esqueça do custo desse aumento ao longo do tempo. Quanto mais você os aprimora, maior o custo de administração da instalação de treinamento. Você também deve contratar treinadores que se encaixem no seu estilo de jogo; no entanto, para ser sincero, este é o mais baixo da minha lista de prioridades.

Assistente Administrativo

Um gerente prático é capaz de adaptar o treinamento precisamente ao seu esquadrão e filosofia. Se você deseja controlar o treinamento, você mesmo permanecerá no controle. Mas se você deseja entregar as responsabilidades do treinamento ao gerente assistente, elas são mais do que usar agendas bem equilibradas.

O assistente seleciona agendas com base em:

Seus atributos, preferências e tendências - por exemplo, Dureza de Treinamento, Ataque, Tática, etc.

época da estação

Tipo de clube

Jogadores

Táticas

Se você está dando o controle do treinamento ao gerente assistente, vale a pena contratar um gerente assistente que reflita suas crenças e estilo. Dessa forma, é mais provável que ele selecione agendas que se adequem à sua filosofia geral, em comparação com um gerente assistente que tenha um estilo contrastante com o seu.

ALCANÇAR A FAMILIARIDADE TÁTICA

O termo familiaridade tática refere-se a quão bem o seu esquadrão entende os requisitos do sistema tático com o qual está jogando. Quanto melhor uma equipe entende o sistema tático, melhor ele se comporta. Obter familiaridade é fácil se você entender o que isso implica. A familiaridade tática é feita individualmente. Coesão da equipe governa como a equipe se reúne.

Para se familiarizar com os jogadores táticos de uma equipe, é necessário desenvolver uma compreensão de:

Mentalidade, Passagem, Tempo, Largura, Liberdade Criativa, Pressionando Intensidade, Marcação e Posição / Função / Dever. Você pode verificar essas informações visitando a página de treinamento de qualquer jogador, encontrada em Treinamento> Desenvolvimento. A familiaridade do jogador com o estilo tático das equipes é indicada lá.

Esta página indicará, entre outras coisas:

Posição / Função / Dever para o qual um jogador está treinando

Foco adicional

Nível de intensidade

Relatório de treinamento de treinadores

Relatório médico

Familiaridade tática

Como você melhora a familiaridade tática? 

Adoção de programas de treinamento que incorporam elementos táticos de familiaridade. Esses programas são geralmente os programas Geral, Preparação de Partidas, Ataque, Defesa, Tática e Goleiro.

Sempre que você usar um novo sistema tático, poderá incorporar essas sessões de treinamento dentro de um cronograma para garantir que seus jogadores tenham familiaridade tática.

Os jogadores também precisam jogar a posição em um jogo real para ver os resultados.

Sempre que você usa um novo sistema tático, a quantidade de familiaridade que a equipe precisa obter dependerá de quanto o novo sistema se desvia do antigo. Por exemplo, se você estiver usando um 532 e mudar para um 5122, o desvio será moderado e o lado poderá precisar executar o novo sistema apenas algumas vezes para se acostumar. No entanto, se for um sistema radicalmente diferente, pode ser necessário incorporar programas de treinamento que incluam elementos de familiaridade tática para que um lado se acostume.

A rapidez com que um lado se familiariza com uma tática depende do número de sistemas que estão sendo aprendidos, do tipo de sessões de treinamento que estão sendo usadas e da capacidade de acostumar o máximo de jogadores a tempo. As partidas também são essenciais para o ganho de familiaridade tática. O número recomendado para a pré-temporada é 6, desde que você comece com a pré-temporada 'precoce'.

Um lado pode se tornar fluente em sistemas táticos tão rapidamente quanto 4-6 semanas, nas circunstâncias certas, embora isso não seja realista, pois você treinaria apenas uma tática e usava os mesmos 11 jogadores por 4-6 semanas.

Diversos

Uma coisa que você pode enfrentar durante a defesa é o cansaço: não está usando um cientista esportivo. A razão para isso é que um cientista esportivo ajuda com o cansaço ao longo dos horários de treinamento da semana. Se você não emprega um, jogadores com problemas de fadiga podem ser uma ocorrência comum. Portanto, fique de olho nisso, se você estiver sofrendo de fadiga

Sensacional meu amigo... está de Parabéns....

2 hours ago, zlatanera said:

@Weston I assume Moutinho went straight in as Team Leader given the stature of your club? That’s most likely how it was passed on. 

I guess, but how would that happen instantly? Seems strange.

@Weston r.e. the instantaneous trait development, I really don't know. With the second one I think you can get traits through social groups.

I'd advise tagging some of the people who wrote the guide to ask though, as I don't have FM20 so am limited in what I can contribute. 

24 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

@Weston r.e. the instantaneous trait development, I really don't know. With the second one I think you can get traits through social groups.

I'd advise tagging some of the people who wrote the guide to ask though, as I don't have FM20 so am limited in what I can contribute. 

Good idea.

@Rashidi Thanks for this guide! Would you have any insight on my issue above?

I don't understand why my wonderkids' determination ratings keep going down entire numbers at a time when they're in mentoring groups with leaders with higher determination ratings!

image.thumb.png.a101a667e07d86a24e1b5739d1320336.png

UPDATE:

And now the same player has gone down from Fairly Professional to Balanced, when his 3 mentors are Model Citizen, Driven, and Perfectionist! The other 3 young players being mentored with him are Balanced, Fairly Determined, and Light-Hearted. What is going on, how is this making things worse...

image.thumb.png.47461d8b3bbf0ee91b0a4873d1208582.png

Edited by Weston

• SI Staff
On 10/04/2020 at 11:50, Djuicer said:

Regarding training and your own manger profile. Im seeing my alter ego having 23 in working with youngsters. If i remember correctly I had 24 at an other save. Is this a bug? @Seb Wassell

Sorry if this have been answered earlier.

23 out of 20 for the attribute Working With Youngsters?

6 hours ago, Weston said:

I don't understand why my wonderkids' determination ratings keep going down entire numbers at a time when they're in mentoring groups with leaders with higher determination ratings!

image.thumb.png.a101a667e07d86a24e1b5739d1320336.png

UPDATE:

And now the same player has gone down from Fairly Professional to Balanced, when his 3 mentors are Model Citizen, Driven, and Perfectionist! The other 3 young players being mentored with him are Balanced, Fairly Determined, and Light-Hearted. What is going on, how is this making things worse...

image.thumb.png.47461d8b3bbf0ee91b0a4873d1208582.png

I would remove "Driven" from mentoring. Keep Model Citizen

26 minutes ago, Cadoni said:

I would remove "Driven" from mentoring. Keep Model Citizen

Can you elaborate on why? Not disputing this, just eager to learn more and better understand.

The Driven player is my captain and has an 18 determination while the other two have 16s, so I was hoping his strong influence would raise the determination of the other three, which are 16>15, 14>13, and 13.

The thing that's really bothering me most, though, is how the mentored three are losing determination now that they're being mentored by three more determined players. And I'm also confused at how the only two people to gain traits are one of the mentors and someone not in the group at all. What am I misunderstanding, and what is a bug? And why is this system so confusing that I can't tell the difference?

Surprised to see this - just discovered my own personality is listed as "unambitious." Any idea how this is determined or how to change it? Is it possible that I am negatively impacting my own players with this personality of mine?

image.thumb.png.05e894c75ffde0f3b22c82fbf11c966c.pngimage.thumb.png.52754ad4675f52c968896bef550147b0.png

I’m playing FM19. 
Reserve and Youth squads have their own dynamics and, in the Training drop-down, their own Mentoring setup. 
However whenever I play around with all players have Light influence on the group, no matter their position in the hierarchy. 
One the one hand that makes sense to me, they’re all of a similar age having accomplished similar things (nothing). In the other hand, why leave the feature in? Will mentoring still potentially work despite of nobody having significant influence? Is it something that wasn’t fully fledged (and maybe isn’t in future FM)? 

@Seb Wassell Apologies if this has come up before but I’m quite an intent follower of this thread and I don’t think it has, thought I’d use the tag to go straight to source for some answers :) 

On 13/04/2020 at 01:25, Weston said:

Can you elaborate on why? Not disputing this, just eager to learn more and better understand.

The Driven player is my captain and has an 18 determination while the other two have 16s, so I was hoping his strong influence would raise the determination of the other three, which are 16>15, 14>13, and 13.

The thing that's really bothering me most, though, is how the mentored three are losing determination now that they're being mentored by three more determined players. And I'm also confused at how the only two people to gain traits are one of the mentors and someone not in the group at all. What am I misunderstanding, and what is a bug? And why is this system so confusing that I can't tell the difference?

Hi Weston,

I am trying to develop, sign and build clubs with Model Professional & Model Citizen. That's my main goal and how I am playing the game.

Nothing wrong with Driven personality, but for youngsters I would choose a better personality (IMHO).

You can read this & this.

9 hours ago, Cadoni said:

Hi Weston,

I am trying to develop, sign and build clubs with Model Professional & Model Citizen. That's my main goal and how I am playing the game.

Nothing wrong with Driven personality, but for youngsters I would choose a better personality (IMHO).

You can read this & this.

Makes sense, but does mentoring see personalities change personalities, which in turn changes attributes both hidden and otherwise, or does mentoring see attributes both hidden and otherwise change attributes, which in turn causes the personalities to change in reflection?

It happened again!

• Ranieri is not in the mentoring group and picked up a trait he's not particularly suited to.
  • Mertens has now lost TWO WHOLE DETERMINATION POINTS despite being in a mentoring group with three mentors with higher determination.
  • Kurtic, the 33 year old captain with 18 determination, is one of the mentors, but he has picked up another trait.

What is going on? Should I just dissolve the whole thing?

Why on Earth are my young players LOSING determination since I put them in a group with more determined elders? Our team, even after my players have been losing determination, is 3rd most determined in the league! Why are players not in the group picking up traits? Why are the players in the group that are picking up traits the ones. who should be passing them on?

@Seb Wassell @Rashidi @Experienced Defender Anyone?

image.thumb.png.6fcb965ee50d847e270b7d44b9ee3da1.png

Edited by Weston

13 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

i would really like to help you mate, but unfortunately this is not my area of "expertise". Hopefully Seb or Rashidi will notice your question as soon as possible and offer some advice. 

No worries! I'm sure you're harassed for advice a lot with the moderator badge haha

• SI Staff
On 13/04/2020 at 08:47, Djuicer said:

Yes exactly. Possibly its an interface bug in the skin Im using? (not original)

Ah if you're using a thirdy-party skin that is likely to be it. Not possible (or a bug that I am aware of) to have 23/20 for any attribute.

• SI Staff
On 14/04/2020 at 22:44, zlatanera said:

I’m playing FM19. 
Reserve and Youth squads have their own dynamics and, in the Training drop-down, their own Mentoring setup. 
However whenever I play around with all players have Light influence on the group, no matter their position in the hierarchy. 
One the one hand that makes sense to me, they’re all of a similar age having accomplished similar things (nothing). In the other hand, why leave the feature in? Will mentoring still potentially work despite of nobody having significant influence? Is it something that wasn’t fully fledged (and maybe isn’t in future FM)? 

@Seb Wassell Apologies if this has come up before but I’m quite an intent follower of this thread and I don’t think it has, thought I’d use the tag to go straight to source for some answers :) 

'Light' can still have an influence, it's just lighter. In practice, this means you're less likely to know who is going to influence who. Whereas in a group with a 'Signifciant' influencer, you can be more confident.

There is a 'None', which does what it says on the tin and is possibly what you're thinking 'Light' does.

• SI Staff
On 16/04/2020 at 05:38, Weston said:

@Seb Wassell Sorry to bother you, but if you're the man to ask, would you mind helping me out with my issue above as well?

On 13/04/2020 at 17:10, Weston said:

Surprised to see this - just discovered my own personality is listed as "unambitious." Any idea how this is determined or how to change it? Is it possible that I am negatively impacting my own players with this personality of mine?

image.thumb.png.05e894c75ffde0f3b22c82fbf11c966c.pngimage.thumb.png.52754ad4675f52c968896bef550147b0.png

You won't be negatively impacting your own players development directly, if that is what you are asking, but it may influence your interactions etc. (Personality is an aggregation of certain attributes).

• SI Staff
20 hours ago, Weston said:

It happened again!

• Ranieri is not in the mentoring group and picked up a trait he's not particularly suited to.
  • Mertens has now lost TWO WHOLE DETERMINATION POINTS despite being in a mentoring group with three mentors with higher determination.
  • Kurtic, the 33 year old captain with 18 determination, is one of the mentors, but he has picked up another trait.

What is going on? Should I just dissolve the whole thing?

Why on Earth are my young players LOSING determination since I put them in a group with more determined elders? Our team, even after my players have been losing determination, is 3rd most determined in the league! Why are players not in the group picking up traits? Why are the players in the group that are picking up traits the ones. who should be passing them on?

@Seb Wassell @Rashidi @Experienced Defender Anyone?

image.thumb.png.6fcb965ee50d847e270b7d44b9ee3da1.png

Personality and trait transference happens in a squad that play, train and spend time together.

Mentoring is a tool which allows you to influence this, biasing certain players towards others. However, it is not a guarantee. Provided players are spending time together, they can be influenced by anyone, especially the more prominent personalities in your squad.

59 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Personality and trait transference happens in a squad that play, train and spend time together.

Mentoring is a tool which allows you to influence this, biasing certain players towards others. However, it is not a guarantee. Provided players are spending time together, they can be influenced by anyone, especially the more prominent personalities in your squad.

Right, and that makes sense. But in 3 seasons now one determination point was lost and not one trait was picked up until I created this mentoring group in season 4.

Can you please help me understand why in this mentoring group I have three mentors with 18, 16, and 16 determination, and the three mentees have determinations of 16 dropping to 14, 14 dropping to 13, and 13? Why are they decreasing? Surely it's not the 13 determination mentee dragging the other two down that much while the others watch on?

image.png.e70eb4e90188ce3cdef6666042447b5d.png

On 01/11/2018 at 11:27, Seb Wassell said:

I take exception to that. 

We worked hard and closely with the community to produce this, before the game has released. We also put out a brief guide to accompany the Beta.

With the vast majority of copies of FM now purchased and played digitally, and people taking to the internet for their information rather than a manual, I believe this is a great way for us to both connect with and help inform the amazing community FM has around it.

With the introduction of the in-game inductions this year we have taken a step towards better informing new/returning Users from within the gameworld itself, if you have suggestions on how we can continue to improve this please do let us know in the appropriate place and we'll look into it.

Striking a balance between providing you guys with all the information you need but specifically not telling you how to "win" is something I am passionate about.

Tell me, I always set up my coaches before anything, if I'm a well known club I settle for nothing less than 4* coaches all on light workload, all individual schemes are whatever is their natural (fully green) positional training, individual focus on whatever is lacking in technical or physical relevant to the position or weakness the player has and generally double intensity unless they're playing a lot of games, I started with 1860 munchen recently, managed between 3.5-4* for all coaches, individual as above method yet I'm getting players stats declining alarmingly, even when they're playing well on the pitch and I only have one match a week, could leaving it on double intensity for just a moment too long cause it to decide you get orange downward arrows on about 8 different attributes and sometimes even reducing by a full point on several attributes, it's beyond ridiculous, I've read other posts saying "CA" is rebalancing etc or "attributes have increased so some must fall to compensate for other ones increasing" but this is happening to young players in good for with good coaches in good condition, there is currently about 6 on my squad this is happening to, none of which have had any stats go up for them to have to rebalance, my team has good training facilities for the standard of league and I leave team training to the assistant manager, which is relevant to my tactics and generally 2 sessions a day... What is going on? It's feeling pointless to even play this latest version when you can't develop players without random destruction of their stats for seemingly no reason... Rant over, am I missing something or what? 

4 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

'Light' can still have an influence, it's just lighter. In practice, this means you're less likely to know who is going to influence who. Whereas in a group with a 'Signifciant' influencer, you can be more confident.

There is a 'None', which does what it says on the tin and is possibly what you're thinking 'Light' does.

Yeah I’ve never seen ‘None’ so that is where the confusion comes from. Thanks!