The Unofficially Official Training and Mentoring Guide

1 hour ago, Fritz13 said:

Quick question about mentoring and learning new player traits

if a player is learning a new trait via individual training will this have an adverse effect if he is also trying to pick up multiple traits via a mentoring group?

Will the single learning block/delay him inheriting multiple?

There shouldn’t be an adverse effect. Personally tbh I am very careful with mentoring and only do it when I want to influence personality.

Traits per se influence behaviour, so I choose mentors very carefully. If I specifically want a trait learnt and I am worried about bad traits which can be in some mentors, I do not choose those mentors.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 15/12/2018 at 13:22, Rashidi said:

There shouldn’t be an adverse effect. Personally tbh I am very careful with mentoring and only do it when I want to influence personality.

Traits per se influence behaviour, so I choose mentors very carefully. If I specifically want a trait learnt and I am worried about bad traits which can be in some mentors, I do not choose those mentors.

Cheers - Good point about the personality 

Edited by Fritz13

14 hours ago, Rashidi said:

If you know what you need tactically to achieve this, then you will probably know which attributes are more valuable for which duties.

I play the same way but my training schedule is very different. To get it working for you, you need to identify which attributes are important then set the schedule up valuing those. Then you may be ok. I see a lot of match tactics session which may be good in preseason but I would never use them at other times.

thank you for responding @Rashidi can't tell you how much you've helped me over the fm years. it's an honor mate.

so you raise an interesting point of focusing on attributes for duties that i need. which leads to a question or two if you don't mind.

my club dna is the following attributes: concentration, anticipation, team work and work rate, decisions, and technique.

i went through and wrote down the different training regiments that increase concentration, especially in the first priority. but some of them felt, in their label at least, to be contrary to my system's overall goal even if they fit some/most of these club attributes into their sessions.

for example, under the defending section "defending disengaged" has concentration. but i want my team to defend engaged. should i be focusing more on the attributes or on the training regiment's label? or is this a wrong choice to make when concentration heavy regiments like "tactical" or "ball retention" or "transition restriction" or "ground defense" are available?

to each their own i guess. but just wondering if you focus on attributes or training labels more. or if you take a different approach entirely.

here's my august schedule:

rm training fm19 august.jpg

Edited by arsenal3459
screenshot

19 hours ago, cristhianlinhatti said:

This is my suggestion to replicating a Guardiola training:

image.thumb.png.58b17049b2c6bb2efb1065bee2bafd8e.png

and @arsenal3459

First lets think of one specific training which everyone knows that Guardiola does with his sides, "rondo" training. This is effectively an exercise to improve first touch and ball control. A rondo group can go from 10-12 successful passes to around 50 once they get good at it. This would be a session focused on improving First Touch. If you look at the description it says "reflects the ability of a player to control the ball immediately as its passed into feet. One can argue a player will also need Balance, which a player can stay on his feet. So let's think about this:

At the start of a season i may want my team to get familiar with my tactical system as that is a major priority. That means that I will include Attacking as a key ingredient in my sessions since this improves the attribute First Touch, plus it also works on creative freedom. To give First Touch extra focus and my sides tac fam a bit more emphasis i will then also incorporate Possession sessions. So my pre season could involve having a few of these sessions in a week. Now as a pair:

I get Passing Style, Tempo and Creative Freedom.

However, I do want my side to get familiar with other components too. Match Tactics could be handy in preseason, but I have to be careful with this, as it only hits two attributes Decisions and Teamwork, while hitting all the tac fam ones. The issue i have with using MT, is that overuse is not good for my squad, even in the early parts of a season, as i get more bang for buck with more general training sessions.

Tip: This means that I need to think of a month of training and how 4 weeks of training schedules can give me the attribute spread I want. 

On top of this,  to play this kind of football which requires a high degree of physical fitness, we need to ensure that our team can last the whole season. This means that I need to incorporate a session every week that works on improving natural fitness. This means that I value Endurance more than Physical. Why? Endurance focuses on Natural Fitness, Stamina and Workrate ONLY.  All 3 attributes are central to both positional football as well as gegen pressing. While physical is good, it is more valuable to me in the early parts of a season combined with Endurance, but once i get into the middle of the season i drop it altogether in favour of Endurance, Quickness and Resistance training, 

To do training more effectively, I stop thinking of training as a weekly program but as a monthly program and then incorporate at least 2 Endurance, 2 resistance and 2 quickness sessions in that month. That gives me my baseline for the month.

For my style of football, my team has to work on a slew of attributes: First Touch, Composure, Off the Ball, Decisions, Anticipation, Work rate, Passing, Finishing, Crossing are just some of them. These may be the main ones I want to hit for, but here again we need to remember we need a BALANCED program that helps develop all the attributes with added emphasis in these ones.  So what I do is think of a monthly program. take the total number of sessions i am willing to push for and then:

Assuming its 84 sessions a month, and I am willing to rest the players for 24, that leaves me with a total of 60 sessions in a month. For the 60 sessions in a month, my training will include:

Attacking Direct, Transition Restrict, Attacking Wings, Chance Creation with added emphasis. 

Going through each of them:

Attacking Direct : First Touch, Passing, OTB, Vision
Attacking Wings:  Crossing, OTB, Finishing
Transition Restrict: Passing, Tackling, Anticipation, Concentration, Positioning
Chance Creation: Passing, Decisions, OTB Vision.

These 4 sessions may for example be a feature that i include in my total design of my system. So i could create one weekly schedule that is, technical and add them to create a stronger focus. Early in the season i could have more possession, tactical and physical  and then add those slots. Later in a season I could reduce the general sessions and do more focused ones. Heading into a cup final i have been known to replace a big chunk off them with set piece related ones. In fact i won a playoff match doing that.

The common mistake i see people making is thinking of them in weekly terms, I think of them in monthly terms.  If you think of them in monthly terms you get a better macro picture. So you should think of the whole scope for your team, the attacking and defensive side of it. I love the training module now.

Is there any training that improves performance in a game?

If my team is unable to create clear goal chances and do I hold sessions focused on "Chance Creation/att. shadow play" will I make an improvement on the next matches or the only benefit is on the attributes?

If I hold weekly "Rondos" will I have any improvement in ball possession / accuracy in the pass?

Training can help improve performance, in that it improves attributes. You can get slight boosts to match performance ahead of a game by using match preparation training sessions. However a good training program cannot turn a poor tactic into a good one.

• SI Staff
On 15/12/2018 at 09:53, bar333 said:

This wasn't a feature request though, just a discussion.

And if anyone's wondering, SI staff have said to me in the Bugs forum that it is apparently intended behavior, players will pick up traits from other players even outside of mentoring groups. I don't really like this and don't think it makes a ton of sense, but there it is.

I'm not sure that is the case. Outside of Mentoring and Coaching players should not pick up traits.

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, cristhianlinhatti said:

Is there any training that improves performance in a game?

If my team is unable to create clear goal chances and do I hold sessions focused on "Chance Creation/att. shadow play" will I make an improvement on the next matches or the only benefit is on the attributes?

If I hold weekly "Rondos" will I have any improvement in ball possession / accuracy in the pass?

Some sessions include an "upcoming match" impact.

4 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

I'm not sure that is the case. Outside of Mentoring and Coaching players should not pick up traits.

Then I'm confused. I posted it in the Bugs forum, QA staff member said he looked into it and that this is intended behavior and players can pick up traits from other players outside of mentoring.

This is the thread, if you're interested.

53 minutes ago, bar333 said:

Then I'm confused. I posted it in the Bugs forum, QA staff member said he looked into it and that this is intended behavior and players can pick up traits from other players outside of mentoring.

Even if this is/isn't a bug, I still personally believe that players should learn traits irrespective of what you've told them. I mean, players have traits now for a reason, like shoots from distance. No manager would have told a player that, but he has that as a trait, so in theory players should learn them on their own now. 

Perhaps just newgens, or maybe existing players too. Traits have to come from somewhere, and not all of them develop because a manager told them to play a certain way. 

Regarding match preparation, for how long does it carry over? For example you could work on attacking movement in preparation for a match, but it will actually carry over in to the next match aswell (you can see this on training report). So for what time duration does it carry through?

2 hours ago, NabsKebabs said:

Regarding match preparation, for how long does it carry over? For example you could work on attacking movement in preparation for a match, but it will actually carry over in to the next match aswell (you can see this on training report). So for what time duration does it carry through?

I thought these were solely for the next game only

Edited by Fritz13

2 hours ago, NabsKebabs said:

9 minutes ago, Fritz13 said:

Yeah. I'm sure this is correct. The schedule does say "Upcoming Match", singular, not plural.

Just now, HUNT3R said:

Yeah. I'm sure this is correct. The schedule does say "Upcoming Match", singular, not plural.

Is there a limit to how much of an effect these would have - eg using these for a day prior to a match versus using for 4 days in a row prior to a match.

13 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

You seem to always give answers that are either incorrect or just pure opinion. As a mod, I would've thought you should be giving information that is 100% correct, 99% of the time.

As I said, in the weekly training report, you can see the match preparation carrying over. I'm looking for an answer from someone who knows the answer to my question without a shadow of doubt. 

1 minute ago, NabsKebabs said:

You seem to always give answers that are either incorrect or just pure opinion. As a mod, I would've thought you should be giving information that is 100% correct, 99% of the time.

As I said, in the weekly training report, you can see the match preparation carrying over. I'm looking for an answer from someone who knows the answer to my question without a shadow of doubt. 

In this case it is opinion. I don't know 100%, just having a conversation and explaining my view of it.

4 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

In this case it is opinion. I don't know 100%, just having a conversation and explaining my view of it.

It's fair enough to have an opinion but in some cases it can just causes confusion. For a question like mine, an opinion isn't a great way of answering for that very reason. 

Edited by NabsKebabs

6 minutes ago, NabsKebabs said:

It's fair enough to have an opinion but in some cases it can just causes confusion. For a question like mine, an opinion isn't a great way of answering for that very reason. 

Better?

• SI Staff
18 hours ago, bar333 said:

Have looked into it and this is something we will review for change.

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, NabsKebabs said:

3 hours ago, Fritz13 said:

3 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Yes, just the next match.

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, Fritz13 said:

Is there a limit to how much of an effect these would have - eg using these for a day prior to a match versus using for 4 days in a row prior to a match.

It's binary, either on or off. Different upcoming match impacts can stack, but the same one cannot multiply. Provided it is directly prior to the match in question it can be as close or far away as you desire. I tend to go for the day before a match as this is when I might want lower condition impacting sessions anyway.

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, NabsKebabs said:

He's taking his own free time to provide the assistance that you asked for, and he's often correct. If there's ever any confusion or uncertainty then tag me, but resorting to insults is only going to lead to questions being left unanswered.

@Seb Wassell then it looks like there is an issue in the game. Where either match preparation is infact carrying over, or it's incorrectly displaying it on the UI as doing so.

Here's an example from my Bournemouth save:

1515452959_trainingcalendar.thumb.PNG.1282b6df2ac41e7e3e77ceb0d884499f.PNG

Before the tottenham game (1st December) I worked on the following areas which impact the upcoming match: Team bonding (teamwork), Set Piece Delivery, Defensive Shape.

Before the game against Newcastle (5th December) I worked on teamwork (teamwork and pressing).

And my next game is against Leicester (8th December) where I've decided to work on attacking movement (passing).

According to you, I should then only have an impact on attacking movement for the next match.

However, according to my weekly training review received 1 day before the game against Leicester, all of the areas highlighted in bold are being worked on:

300536401_trainingreport.thumb.PNG.974164e366f4b3974e3a02305e6e1b9e.PNG

Edited by NabsKebabs

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, NabsKebabs said:

@Seb Wassell then it looks like there is an issue in the game. Where either match preparation is infact carrying over, or it's incorrectly displaying it on the UI as doing so.

Here's an example from my Bournemouth save:

1515452959_trainingcalendar.thumb.PNG.1282b6df2ac41e7e3e77ceb0d884499f.PNG

Before the tottenham game (1st December) I worked on the following areas which impact the upcoming match: Team bonding (teamwork), Set Piece Delivery, Defensive Shape.

Before the game against Newcastle (5th December) I worked on teamwork (teamwork and pressing).

And my next game is against Leicester (8th December) where I've decided to work on attacking movement (passing).

According to you, I should then only have an impact on attacking movement for the next match.

However, according to my weekly training review received 1 day before the game against Leicester, all of the areas highlighted in bold are being worked on:

300536401_trainingreport.thumb.PNG.974164e366f4b3974e3a02305e6e1b9e.PNG

Agreed, could you post this in our bugs area please.

On 16/12/2018 at 06:18, Rashidi said:

and @arsenal3459

First lets think of one specific training which everyone knows that Guardiola does with his sides, "rondo" training. This is effectively an exercise to improve first touch and ball control. A rondo group can go from 10-12 successful passes to around 50 once they get good at it. This would be a session focused on improving First Touch. If you look at the description it says "reflects the ability of a player to control the ball immediately as its passed into feet. One can argue a player will also need Balance, which a player can stay on his feet. So let's think about this:

At the start of a season i may want my team to get familiar with my tactical system as that is a major priority. That means that I will include Attacking as a key ingredient in my sessions since this improves the attribute First Touch, plus it also works on creative freedom. To give First Touch extra focus and my sides tac fam a bit more emphasis i will then also incorporate Possession sessions. So my pre season could involve having a few of these sessions in a week. Now as a pair:

However, I do want my side to get familiar with other components too. Match Tactics could be handy in preseason, but I have to be careful with this, as it only hits two attributes Decisions and Teamwork, while hitting all the tac fam ones. The issue i have with using MT, is that overuse is not good for my squad, even in the early parts of a season, as i get more bang for buck with more general training sessions.

Tip: This means that I need to think of a month of training and how 4 weeks of training schedules can give me the attribute spread I want. 

On top of this,  to play this kind of football which requires a high degree of physical fitness, we need to ensure that our team can last the whole season. This means that I need to incorporate a session every week that works on improving natural fitness. This means that I value Endurance more than Physical. Why? Endurance focuses on Natural Fitness, Stamina and Workrate ONLY.  All 3 attributes are central to both positional football as well as gegen pressing. While physical is good, it is more valuable to me in the early parts of a season combined with Endurance, but once i get into the middle of the season i drop it altogether in favour of Endurance, Quickness and Resistance training, 

To do training more effectively, I stop thinking of training as a weekly program but as a monthly program and then incorporate at least 2 Endurance, 2 resistance and 2 quickness sessions in that month. That gives me my baseline for the month.

For my style of football, my team has to work on a slew of attributes: First Touch, Composure, Off the Ball, Decisions, Anticipation, Work rate, Passing, Finishing, Crossing are just some of them. These may be the main ones I want to hit for, but here again we need to remember we need a BALANCED program that helps develop all the attributes with added emphasis in these ones.  So what I do is think of a monthly program. take the total number of sessions i am willing to push for and then:

Assuming its 84 sessions a month, and I am willing to rest the players for 24, that leaves me with a total of 60 sessions in a month. For the 60 sessions in a month, my training will include:

Attacking Direct, Transition Restrict, Attacking Wings, Chance Creation with added emphasis. 

Transition Restrict: Passing, Tackling, Anticipation, Concentration, Positioning

These 4 sessions may for example be a feature that i include in my total design of my system. So i could create one weekly schedule that is, technical and add them to create a stronger focus. Early in the season i could have more possession, tactical and physical  and then add those slots. Later in a season I could reduce the general sessions and do more focused ones. Heading into a cup final i have been known to replace a big chunk off them with set piece related ones. In fact i won a playoff match doing that.

The common mistake i see people making is thinking of them in weekly terms, I think of them in monthly terms.  If you think of them in monthly terms you get a better macro picture. So you should think of the whole scope for your team, the attacking and defensive side of it. I love the training module now.

Can you expand a little bit more on this? Out of the 60 seasons in a month, how often would you use the selected activities which focus on the attributes you want?

My DNA attributes are: first touch, passing, technique, anticipation, composure, concentration, decisions, teamwork, vision and work rate. Which is basically everything covered by the General Possession (team) activity, except for decisions (for some strange reason). Therefore I use that one session every week - usually on days after rest/recovery and on the same day as a physical training activity.

But since I want to focus on some other attributes specific to the attacking or the defensive unit and some role training as well, I select other activities that target those. For example - Attacking Patiently, Defending Disengaged (covers more attributes I want for the defensive unit than Defending Engaged, so I disregarding the activity description and instead choose to focus on the attributes since I believe training is still about attributes rather than anything else), Ball Distribution, Transition Press/Restrict, Chance Creation, Attacking Movement, Defensive Shape, Teamwork.

I try to use these activities as often as possible every week, plus some rest and recovery here and there. Of course more frequently I play Tue/Wed and Sat/Sun, so on those weeks is about recovery from one match and preparation for the next one (recover and rest after last match, match prep activities before the next one), with less development activities.

14 hours ago, yonko said:

Can you expand a little bit more on this? Out of the 60 seasons in a month, how often would you use the selected activities which focus on the attributes you want?

If there are 4 weeks in a month, I will spend two weeks on the attributes in question and the rest of the month is focused on everything else. When it comes to my squad I like a balanced development program in general. You have to remember this is entirely personal and its based on your particular style of football. 

9 hours ago, Rashidi said:

If there are 4 weeks in a month, I will spend two weeks on the attributes in question and the rest of the month is focused on everything else. When it comes to my squad I like a balanced development program in general. You have to remember this is entirely personal and its based on your particular style of football. 

I know it's personal, it depends on style of football and there is no set formula. I was just curious how you go about it. It sounded intriguing and a little different than what I'm doing, mainly because I go by weeks instead of months.

Il 16/12/2018 in 15:18 , Rashidi ha scritto:

@arsenal3459

I agree with you. This is probably the key.

But I'd like to move on and being a little more specific. For a top club, which plays UCL or EL, the season is organized in a very clear manner:

1. A first part that cover preseason and first matches up to mid-september. Here you have only one match/week and in my opinion it should be used to complete preseason (physical) and tactics routine.

2. Than you have 3 cycles of 3 weeks each where you will have 2 matches/week, with national teams dividing them. In this period is very difficult to have the time to train so the main focus will be on match preparation, recovery, and some light specific training

3. Than an other period with only 1 match/week, up to end of February, where you can boost the training

4. From March to June it depends, it will be the "random" period.

6 hours ago, Ivan787 said:

I agree with you. This is probably the key.

But I'd like to move on and being a little more specific. For a top club, which plays UCL or EL, the season is organized in a very clear manner:

1. A first part that cover preseason and first matches up to mid-september. Here you have only one match/week and in my opinion it should be used to complete preseason (physical) and tactics routine.

2. Than you have 3 cycles of 3 weeks each where you will have 2 matches/week, with national teams dividing them. In this period is very difficult to have the time to train so the main focus will be on match preparation, recovery, and some light specific training

3. Than an other period with only 1 match/week, up to end of February, where you can boost the training

4. From March to June it depends, it will be the "random" period.

Speaking of international week, I like to give my team a recovery plus rest day on Thursday when they return from national team matches. I will have my regular practice schedule Mon-Tue-Wed, Thursday rest (first session is recovery) and then Friday is Match Preparation activities (Att. Movement/Def. Shape focus on role training) for the weekend game.

Mentoring: Does it affect social groups and the team hierarchy? 

It might just be coincidence but I started with six 'other' players and after pairing them with a Team Leader and other influential ones, they all quickly found a place in the team. And they weren't all youth players or newcomers finding a place. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 22/12/2018 at 20:11, Piperita said:

Mentoring: Does it affect social groups and the team hierarchy? 

It might just be coincidence but I started with six 'other' players and after pairing them with a Team Leader and other influential ones, they all quickly found a place in the team. And they weren't all youth players or newcomers finding a place. 

It does indeed. Mentoring can influence Dynamics and on occasion social groups can have a similar impact on a player as Mentoring, although to a less degree.

Il 19/12/2018 in 13:13 , Rashidi ha scritto:

How do you manage weeks with 2 matches? I know that in England with PL, European competitions and two National cups you will have 2 matches each weeks for the main part of the year. Do you Plan something specific or leave the same schedule auto-arranged?

On 28/10/2018 at 19:02, Rashidi said:

Players can still pass player traits (PPM’s) on as well, if the individual shares a similar position to those in the mentoring unit.

Does this mean that players can mentor others from different positions without passing unwanted traits?

Question: Let's say I have more time before an upcoming match. I can schedule one of Att Movement, Def Movement, Team Work and each of the set pieces to get all the bonuses?

Could I instead do multiple attacking movement sessions? Would the benefit stack?

Thanks.

Just now, Lexis said:

Question: Let's say I have more time before an upcoming match. I can schedule one of Att Movement, Def Movement, Team Work and each of the set pieces to get all the bonuses?

Yes, they all will count.

Just now, Lexis said:

Could I instead do multiple attacking movement sessions? Would the benefit stack?

No, these schedules cannot stack.

On 28/10/2018 at 18:02, Rashidi said:

Travel Rules

Travel will occur if the match is away from home and the distance between the stadiums is more than 15 miles.

There are two types of travel, Short and Long.

Short means travel during S1 and ES either side of the match on match day.

Long means travel during S2 the day before the match and S1 the day after the match.

When travel occurs in a slot that previously had something other than Rest - which should only occur in pre-season or custom schedules as all other templates are built to accommodate - the session will be replaced.

Is there a specific distance between stadiums that determines whether the travel is classed as short or long? I'm seeing matches would take less than an hour to get on a the team bus classed as long travel, which reduces the number of training slots I have available.

One thing I always do is youth development, so quick question:

As default will the U18 Manager create training schedules based on their Tactical\Training Preferences? So a Tactial manager, would he program more tactial work into the programs, and a Technical more techincal based programmes?

1 hour ago, plcarlos said:

One thing I always do is youth development, so quick question:

As default will the U18 Manager create training schedules based on their Tactical\Training Preferences? So a Tactial manager, would he program more tactial work into the programs, and a Technical more techincal based programmes?

You can select the person in charge from the Staff Responsibilities section - it doesn't necessarily have to be the U18 manager and there's nothing stopping you from having the same person handle senior, U23 and U18 training.

That staff member wouldn't create schedules, though, but rather pick one of the pre-made schedules based on his tactical preferences then adapt it to the fixtures list.

In the case of U18 schedules the default options are limited to just a handful of generic ones, but at that age I players do not need focused training anyway.

On 16/12/2018 at 14:18, Rashidi said:

and @arsenal3459

Going to give doing my training over a month a go on my new save do you  do it one week attacking based, one week defensive based, tactical and so on but also incorporating your core sessions.

Edited by jaylg

Em 16/12/2018 em 14:18, Rashidi disse:

and @arsenal3459

Hey, huge fan of yours here.

I think I understood what you said, but I've some questions that I need to ask: does it matter how do I set the days? Like in the morning I do some attacking drills and in the evening I do some technical training. How do you recomend to set recovery spots? And last, do you recomend to use match training like any other training? 

If you could illustrate more or less how would you do I would appreciate. I have an hard time to do things on my own for everything, like I'm have a deep fear on how to use my knowledge.

3 hours ago, Razor940 said:

If you could illustrate more or less how would you do I would appreciate. I have an hard time to do things on my own for everything, like I'm have a deep fear on how to use my knowledge.

I have some generic training which i shared earlier, and my training sessions will change depending on which time of the season it is. Sometimes i see that my players need rests more often and i reduce the intensity of my training (by having more rest sessions). You shouldn't be worried about screwing things up, in fact the default training schedules are all a good place to start from when in doubt. I would recommend that you take any group of them and apply them to your own needs. Remember these all come as a group and are a fantastic resource and they were done by the devs themselves.

If you study them you will notice how they meet the needs of each system, if you wanted to add more sessions to them you could. If i were to illustrate these would just be the "default" ones I use every season with LFC or most clubs i manage. I make adjustments on special occasions. In an upcoming episode of the Kop Diaries, the boys are heading into a cup final, so our training for the week changes. I instead now have more sessions in that week that include all facets of set piece training. Yes, I loaded nearly the last 3 days with each set piece session for match training. If you look at the training report for the team, it will tell you how your team has benefited. And, these sessions give you an upcoming match element as well as working on attributes. To say that i do not make adjustments would be a bald faced lie.

Don't fear it, if you want to take baby steps, either use the Ass Man or choose an appropriate turnkey program.

You can choose from training schedules that focus on a tactical style or a training style. Let's say you favour an aggressive style of play where you expect your team to work hard cover as much ground as possible. Then you could choose a default like gegen press. Here though you will notice only one schedule!

292865557_Screenshot2019-01-05at2_05_51PM.thumb.png.57b9f44ae1ec9eed8a957b7a4720a863.png1128363934_Screenshot2019-01-05at2_08_36PM.thumb.png.c11e47bff3fcfa6666f82a6adf1a7db3.png

If you opt for a route like that, perhaps a better way of doing it is to find a coach who prefers a style close to it. Urgent pressing and a formation to suit. Then you can assign training to him if you have doubts.

Alternatively, you can choose a training style and take four different schedules and split them over a month.

1783474400_Screenshot2019-01-05at2_11_31PM.thumb.png.a244c5097fbf8d17218d6c5fbf2154b4.png1291866445_Screenshot2019-01-05at2_12_03PM.thumb.png.a8846f546aa3c91f138985c835742895.png

Then just add your match prep requirements, like this. So here i have taken the Attacking one and added two set piece related programs.

547830847_Screenshot2019-01-05at2_13_25PM.thumb.png.2ee4c1df816d29357a53feef69daf6b3.png

Each schedule focuses on a string of attributes: The Physical session focuses on adding these strings which you can check from the drop down.1113997356_Screenshot2019-01-05at2_14_59PM.thumb.png.bd9d14a4c55402fa8b220af276462063.png

If you want to become really good at this game and develop your team along a DNA line, then yes, you need to be aware of how each session helps. Will it be absolutely necessary to achieve success? No. My recommendation for anyone going in is to take things a step at a time. The default training schedules are actually very good, i am surprised few people are using them. 

So whats the easiest way? - Ass man takes over and you just make adjustments

Alternatively, use the default ones, they are actually very good. Just make the adjustments you want. If you notice they have the main categories you want already covered. My recommendation, just have fun.

2113106035_Screenshot2019-01-05at2_20_41PM.thumb.png.7c32f32027cf1ff0c2c2ca7818a25e48.png 

Il 5/1/2019 in 07:22 , Rashidi ha scritto:

I have some generic training which i shared earlier, and my training sessions will change depending on which time of the season it is. S

I read you article and I saw your tutorial.

I have to confirm that your approach is very good and gives good results, so thank you.

There is only one thing that I didn't understand, and is the managing of very busy weeks during season. I understand that using heavy physical session in preseason is very good, I understand that is important to focus on important attributes and create montly program trying to balance the training. I understand that is important to have a physical session (mainly endurance) also during season.....

I understand that with the match on Saturday I can push my training heavy on Wednesday that make some activating training on Thursday and light on Friday.

But what when we will play two games/week? I'm managing Arsenal and with PL, EL, Carabao and FA we have 2 matches/week more or less from September to January; how do you manage the physical session when you have Sunday/Thursday/Sunday matches every week?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
13 minutes ago, Conor O'Hare said:

Why do none of the preset schedules include any GK or Set Piece training - Does this mean the AI isn't training these categories? 

There are specific schedules that work on Set Pieces.

Goalkeeping is included in a limited number of schedules, but Goalkeepers are worked in almost every session as either the secondary or tertiary focus, so we chose to focus on other areas when constructing the templates.

13 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

There are specific schedules that work on Set Pieces.

Goalkeeping is included in a limited number of schedules, but Goalkeepers are worked in almost every session as either the secondary or tertiary focus, so we chose to focus on other areas when constructing the templates.

So if I choose to build my own templates and omit the GK stuff, will this be providing enough focus on developing my GK?  I'm playing as United and have DeGea so could probably afford to just give him the week and tell him to show up lol!

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Conor O'Hare said:

So if I choose to build my own templates and omit the GK stuff, will this be providing enough focus on developing my GK?  I'm playing as United and have DeGea so could probably afford to just give him the week and tell him to show up lol!

Within reason, yes.