Awful strikers?

So im playing as Arsenal in my Beta save and one thing that stands out above all else is my strikers. Lacazette and Aubameyang half way through the season are being outscored almost by Guendouzi and Mustafi? both have average ratings of 6.5 throughout the season? it doesnt make any sense, i signed josef martinez too and he is also having same issues? Is this a known bug or is lacazette and auba useless in this game??

FM2019.png

Strikers seem to have weird movemet or lack of movement. when my IF runs inside, my striker never moves to the side to make space or tries to do anything to open himself up for a pass or for one-two, so it always ends with IF not having a pass option..and striker does it no matter what role I give him. DLF who hasmoves into channles instruction, he never gets in the channels..I think that maybe there is a ME problem with striker movements.

36 minutes ago, paul400mhurdler said:

So im playing as Arsenal in my Beta save and one thing that stands out above all else is my strikers. Lacazette and Aubameyang half way through the season are being outscored almost by Guendouzi and Mustafi? both have average ratings of 6.5 throughout the season? it doesnt make any sense, i signed josef martinez too and he is also having same issues? Is this a known bug or is lacazette and auba useless in this game??

FM2019.png

Have you been able to sell Ozil ? He is paid 450.000 per week and he always  performs like a young reserve.

same speech for Arsenal strikers, get rid of them asap !

imho that’s another big bug

1 hour ago, ValgardWillRuleEurope said:

Just save, go on holiday through a few games and then load if you don't get the scores you want. Thank me later, mate.

What a daft answer. Everyone can play the game however they want and I'm aware of that but it might only be a tweak or two of his tactics that is needed to find a solution - otherwise why bother with setting a tactic up at all if all he needs to do is save and restart?

2 hours ago, Boomer Ang said:

Have you been able to sell Ozil ? He is paid 450.000 per week and he always  performs like a young reserve.

same speech for Arsenal strikers, get rid of them asap !

imho that’s another big bug

i honestly dont think i have ever got ozil to perform on any FM... hes always a useless sack of **** in every game i have played lol... shame really

35 minutes ago, paul400mhurdler said:

i mean if you look at the photo it shows you who is getting the goals...

:) they may not be league goals. The goals look spread around but also it doesn't look like you play a consistent team. Aside from Lacazette playing 31 goals I think only 4 other players have played more than 20. Arsenal are 4th so looks about right

Just now, MrPompey said:

:) they may not be league goals. The goals look spread around but also it doesn't look like you play a consistent team. Aside from Lacazette playing 31 goals I think only 4 other players have played more than 20. Arsenal are 4th so looks about right

my team after every game are on like 60 fitness... havnt really touched training but they shouldnt be that low... the players also complain they aint getting played if they dont play like 3 in a row...

ahh it seems training could be the problem. If you go to staff > responsibilities > 1st team if you haven't then give general training and individual training responsibility to your ass man

Else is there an issue overall with players not regaining fitness after a match? I've not seen it

Players aint playing - well what is their squad status, should they expect to play every game. Are there any other people playing with Arsenal, maybe ask to see what issues if any they are encountering. 

16 minutes ago, craiigman said:

I've found strikers movement unless relying on crosses is very poor. Once they make a pass, they run straight down the middle and then just stay there. Even happens with 2 strikers up top. Lack of movement into channels.

In 2 striker formation, my strikers are often holding hands together no matter what role/duty they are given. They both sometimes end up between 2 opposition CBs during build up phase, which is very bizarre off the ball movement.

Just now, pats said:

In 2 striker formation, my strikers are often holding hands together no matter what role/duty they are given. They both sometimes end up between 2 opposition CBs during build up phase, which is very bizarre off the ball movement.

Yeah I know, I posted this to the bugs forum, as posted above. Not had a response though.

10 hours ago, craiigman said:

SI need PKMs to investigate potential ME issues. They will also need the times of when it happens and what the issue you are reporting is. You can just attach the PKM to the post in the bugs forum.

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

SI need PKMs to investigate potential ME issues. They will also need the times of when it happens and what the issue you are reporting is. You can just attach the PKM to the post in the bugs forum.

Added pkm to the two strikers post already. No one has said they need more or anything

3 minutes ago, craiigman said:

Added pkm to the two strikers post already. 

They still need specific instances where in this case, the strikers are either wrongly bunching up or where they should move wide etc, but don't.

3 minutes ago, kyle14scott said:

Personally I have always struggled without playing wingers most of my goals come from wide areas, but I know arsenal don't really have wingers, maybe consider playing auba inside forward with laca up top and mkh on the right, they have good of the ball stats and good pace so inside forward should suit them... the beauty of football tho is we all have our own opinions😁 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb pats:

When I removed 'Stay wide' and 'Roam from position' PIs for my forwards, they started to move well. May be the behavior with these 2 PIs need to be fixed?

I would become confused if someone gives me these two instructions.

20 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I would become confused if someone gives me these two instructions.

Complete-wingbacks have these two instructions by default. There doesn't seem to be any issue with their movement.

1 hour ago, pats said:

When I removed 'Stay wide' and 'Roam from position' PIs for my forwards, they started to move well. May be the behavior with these 2 PIs need to be fixed?

You told your strikers to go where there is space (which generally isn't the box) and then reinforced that by telling them to stay wide. Considering you basically gave them two instructions that tell them to stay the heck away from the box, what kind of movement did you expect from them?

As for the OP, I also play a narrow 4-3-1-2 and I have no issue with my strikers at all, so this does look like a case of "it's your tactics", but we'd need a complete overview of them rather than just your formation to know where exactly the issue lies.

4 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

You told your strikers to go where there is space (which generally isn't the box) and then reinforced that by telling them to stay wide. Considering you basically gave them two instructions that tell them to stay the heck away from the box, what kind of movement did you expect from them?

As for the OP, I also play a narrow 4-3-1-2 and I have no issue with my strikers at all, so this does look like a case of "it's your tactics", but we'd need a complete overview of them rather than just your formation to know where exactly the issue lies.

As replied it’s same PI’s as a CWB. So really with them on I’d expect the strikers to roam out wide and make those kind of runs. But they don’t. They stay central.

Looking at a few of the comments, it could be an issue using 2 strikers, I currently play with one up top (Timo Werner is my first choice), he has 12 in 16 games with 5 assists, his movement seems as it should be, often utilises the channels. 

Im running 5 or 6 Leagues in full detail, stats wise the strikers and IF are scoring a low amount of goals. In 1 and 2 forwards formation im seeing this. For example, Barcelona is top of the league in February and Coutinho got 3 goals, Dembele 7, Messi 3, Munir 5 and Suarez 9 (those are counting cups). They "only" have 50 goals on the league in 21 games. Real Madrid have 36 in the same amount, tho at least Bale got 11 and Benzema 9.

In liverpool Salah made 8, mane 7 and Firmino 18, who is with Ronaldo and Aguero, the only strikers scoring Real Life numbers, in Firminos case, more than he normally does actually. Kane for example only scored 12.

In Italy Lazio only conceded 2 goals in 22 games with none of their strikers scoring more than 7 (tho their best player scored 11, mostly from AM).

In my team i played half a season with 2 strikers, both playing abysmally. After that i sold the best one so i started playing with 1, still almost never scores. This striker has 7 goals in 30 games. The wingers/IF are also underperforming in the scoring category tho not sooo much. I might add, im using a good team, Inter, im currently 2nd, one point of Juventus and havent lost a game in the league or in the cup. Only lost 2 games in Champions in group stage against frigging PSG. As this is the beta, i also decided to tweak little things only in the tactics to see how the presets work and how good they are as i imagine the AI will be using them almost all the time.  What i have changed the most is the forward role to see if it made any difference, which i havent, at least not in the chance created/scoring department. 

I think something is not working 100% right with movement up front. Not saying for sure and not saying that its working extremely bad. Just that how it is now doesnt feel natural and the flow of movement isnt perfect.

23 hours ago, Nonlondoner said:

I had the same lack of goals in my Arsenal save. I dragged the line of engagement back to the outside of the D and hey presto, goals galore. It could be as simple as that. 

I am not mothertongue, could you please translate your sentence in basic English ?  :eek:  In particular, what does " outside of the D and hey presto, goals galore " mean ? :)

In my Arsenal save, when my defense line was high, my team at November was 15th in the League ( 16 injured players ) , but it must be my tactic :D

To give some stats, my striker only had one time 5 shots attempted (funnily enough, the only game when he scored 2 goals) and one with 4. Almost all games just 1 attempt or 2. in 31 games he shot 55, only 23 on target with 7 goals. My team, in 39 games scored 74 and conceded 16. Of those 74, 33 where from clear cut chances, which we created 47. As always in FM, 24 of my goals came from a cross assist, and only 8 from though balls. 

I cant compare this stats with real life, maybe someone with the knowledge could interpret them better than me. From them, for me the striker amount of shots is the more concerning. And yes, i know that tactics and how i make the other 10 players play influences the striker, but watching the games i have a clear idea of what is happening and why the striker is not getting enough scoring chances. And they can be sum in not enough movement.  

My front 3 are terrible, Moura, Kane and Son get rated below 6.5 very often. Son hasn’t scored a single goal in 15 games or so, no assist either, Moura has scored like 4 goals but not going to complain about him, I’m worried that the main striker, Harry, has scored like 7-8 goals in 25 games and 5-6 penalties. That’s not good enough for my best player.

14 hours ago, Boomer Ang said:

I am not mothertongue, could you please translate your sentence in basic English ?  :eek:  In particular, what does " outside of the D and hey presto, goals galore " mean ? :)

In my Arsenal save, when my defense line was high, my team at November was 15th in the League ( 16 injured players ) , but it must be my tactic :D

Yes, the line of engagement for the strikers was very high, so I moved it back to outside the penalty area. It gave my ST more room to create chances and score goals.

1 hour ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Morata saids hi, had a decent first season but killing it this season, advanced striker role btw.

Screenshot-3.png

What tactic have you been using? My numerous vertical tiki taka Chelsea "experiments" resulted in my stiker(s) never get average rating of over 7 over a season - tried single striker, 2 stiker combos all to no avail.......bizarre.....They rarely get > 10 goals in whole season........

What tactic have you been using? My numerous vertical tiki taka Chelsea "experiments" resulted in my stiker(s) never get average rating of over 7 over a season - tried single striker, 2 stiker combos all to no avail.......bizarre.....They rarely get > 10 goals in whole season........

control possesion with minor tweaks depending on the opposition, morata as the focal point as a advanced striker, hazard inside foward on one side and pavon on the other side as winger attack, he scored 30 in all cometitions season one and now on 18 looking to beat his previous season.

Archived