[FM19] Manchester United

zlatanera

On 23/03/2019 at 21:16, sirmikey said:

Long time lurker here, just need to vent my frustrations.

Won the treble first season - Prem, FA Cup, Champions League. Pogba had an absolutely belting season, bagged 34 goals and won all individual awards possible. He scored two goals in our 4-0 demolition of PSG in the Champions League final, but of course they come knocking and he wants to leave.

I foolishly tried to get £200m out of PSG, they quickly withdrew and Paul was upset that I "priced him out of a move". When we had a chat there was no option to say he's an influential member of the team and I can't lose him, so by the time we'd finished talking he was done with me. He handed in a transfer request, which was rejected in hope that it would all blow over, but then a week later did the same. I had no option but to accept his request and see how much I could get for him.

So the new season draws near, and I'm limiting him to Under 23 matches only - I refuse to have him play in my team if he wants out. When it comes to selecting my captain and vice captain, a change is needed. Paul is currently vice captain behind Ander Herrera, and as he wants to leave, Matthijs de Ligt is appointed our new vice captain.

Transfer windows come to an end around Europe and no one has made an offer for Paul. He asks me to remove him from the transfer list - sure, no problem, let's put it all behind us and move forward. Two days later - he's angry that the vice captaincy was taken away from him. Are you joking? You handed in a transfer request you moron, why would I want you to be vice captain of the squad?

Of course when it came to explaining why I removed the vice captaincy from him, there was no option to say "it was taken from you as you were transfer listed by request at the time" and I've again angered him further by just suggesting that he gets on with it.

Reject the first bid, when he wants a chat tell him you see him as a leader (or whatever the option is) and he's usually happy with that I find.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rashford.thumb.PNG.fb90528783a1a2e9d4d2d4293d9fdd5f.PNG

Rashford for me at the end of the first season. As you can see, started just about EVERY single game league-wise. Most goals AND most assists in the league, and still didn't get Player of the Year. Went to Pogba even though he's been highly inconsistent for me. Rashford got PFA Young Player of the year, and Martial received Player's Player of the Year. Fun times.

Edited by MatthewS17

1 hour ago, MatthewS17 said:

Rashford.thumb.PNG.fb90528783a1a2e9d4d2d4293d9fdd5f.PNG

Rashford for me at the end of the first season. As you can see, started just about EVERY single game league-wise. Most goals AND most assists in the league, and still didn't get Player of the Year. Went to Pogba even though he's been highly inconsistent for me. Rashford got PFA Young Player of the year, and Martial received Player's Player of the Year. Fun times.

Nice, think that's the first time i've seen someone score over 20 goals in the league so far lol. All 17 assists in the league is crazy. How'd the season go? Finding it better than 19.1/2//

Just started up my United save and man it is impossible to offload the dead wood in the squad. I've offered out Sanchez repeatedly for decreasing amounts AND have offered to pick up up to half of his wages and STILL no one wants him. He's killing my transfer capabilities.

1 minute ago, Juls317 said:

Just started up my United save and man it is impossible to offload the dead wood in the squad. I've offered out Sanchez repeatedly for decreasing amounts AND have offered to pick up up to half of his wages and STILL no one wants him. He's killing my transfer capabilities.

He's only been there 6 months. You have to put up with him at least until January if you're to have a hope of getting rid, I've found.

Just now, zlatanera said:

He's only been there 6 months. You have to put up with him at least until January if you're to have a hope of getting rid, I've found.

Oh duh. I totally forgot about the fact that he would have only been there a short time. Still can't offload basically anyone else either, but at least the Sanchez question is solved.

7 hours ago, BigV said:

Nice, think that's the first time i've seen someone score over 20 goals in the league so far lol. All 17 assists in the league is crazy. How'd the season go? Finding it better than 19.1/2//

It went well. I broke just about every record, from scoring(Over 120) to most wins(33). I'd upload, but I'm too lazy. Beat Liverpool 5-1 at home and 3-0 away, much to my delight. Only one loss, and it was away to CIty(4-1). Tactics went horribly wrong here. Repaid the favour by beating them 4-1 at home. 

Won the Carabao as well.

Reached the final of the CL with ease, after a heavy group with Roma and Real Madrid,  spending most of the group stage in 3rd, and a last match win, that gave me first place. Final was against Barca. Was an open contest, then Bailly made a mistake for Messi to score, and then wrapped it up with two own goals himself. Real Karius moment. 

I still prefer 19.1 on my laptop though. And will probably return to that version. It's got issues, such as the split of pretty much all passes going out wide, but it's still more fluid.

On another note, City finished second and Pep lost his job. Emery and Pochettino, Sarri and Javi Gracia all sacked in my first season. Arsenal hired Pep, and City hired Zidane. Well then.

Edited by MatthewS17

12 hours ago, Juls317 said:

I struggled to get rid of him after a season so don't be too disheartened, had to loan him to chelsea and they only pay 60% of his wages :3 Jones, smalling are wildly over valued so you'd have to price them at least 20-30m mark, smalling can sometimes go for 40m in Serie A so i'd keep one around just for some income for next summer window. Young pretty much hard to fling off cause of his wage, darmian goes for a decent price, valencia quite easy, matic is hard for me anyway, Fred seems hard at first but after a season it's quite easy. Lingard gets an offer around 60m-80 from chelsea so that's worthy to look at. 

Edited by BigV
weee

5 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

It went well. I broke just about every record, from scoring(Over 120) to most wins(33). I'd upload, but I'm too lazy. Beat Liverpool 5-1 at home and 3-0 away, much to my delight. Only one loss, and it was away to CIty(4-1). Tactics went horribly wrong here. Repaid the favour by beating them 4-1 at home. 

Won the Carabao as well.

Reached the final of the CL with ease, after a heavy group with Roma and Real Madrid,  spending most of the group stage in 3rd, and a last match win, that gave me first place. Final was against Barca. Was an open contest, then Bailly made a mistake for Messi to score, and then wrapped it up with two own goals himself. Real Karius moment. 

I still prefer 19.1 on my laptop though. And will probably return to that version. It's got issues, such as the split of pretty much all passes going out wide, but it's still more fluid.

On another note, City finished second and Pep lost his job. Emery and Pochettino, Sarri and Javi Gracia all sacked in my first season. Arsenal hired Pep, and City hired Zidane. Well then.

Fair play man, glad you've started to like it again and congrats on winning most of it. Yeah bailly for some reason is ishy on this FM, doesn't fit his attribute description at all apart from his aggression lol. Pretty much same as mine except city got klopp and liverpool got pep and got rid of him after 3 months in charge cause I played them twice and smashed them looool

12 hours ago, Juls317 said:

I loaned out Sanchez to Spurs with a mandatory buy-out of 51m in the January window.

I don't mind losing Mata and likes for free as well. I find just getting them off the wage bill is a massive difference altogether. 

5 hours ago, BigV said:

I struggled to get rid of him after a season so don't be too disheartened, had to loan him to chelsea and they only pay 60% of his wages :3 Jones, smalling are wildly over valued so you'd have to price them at least 20-30m mark, smalling can sometimes go for 40m in Serie A so i'd keep one around just for some income for next summer window. Young pretty much hard to fling off cause of his wage, darmian goes for a decent price, valencia quite easy, matic is hard for me anyway, Fred seems hard at first but after a season it's quite easy. Lingard gets an offer around 60m-80 from chelsea so that's worthy to look at.

Hadn't thought of loaning him, but in all honesty I guess I'm fine keeping Sanchez in for now since I didn't have the chance to sign anyone in the forward positions like I wanted, which I needed to do along with his departure anyway. The CBs aren't stumping up much interest so I'm gonna see if I can't get some eyes on them with some playing time before January. I loaned out Darmian with an option to buy as he wouldn't accept the obligation, hopefully that gets picked up. I'm ok losing Young and Valencia for free and I have no clue what I'm doing about Matic.

4 minuti fa, Juls317 ha scritto:

Hadn't thought of loaning him, but in all honesty I guess I'm fine keeping Sanchez in for now since I didn't have the chance to sign anyone in the forward positions like I wanted, which I needed to do along with his departure anyway. The CBs aren't stumping up much interest so I'm gonna see if I can't get some eyes on them with some playing time before January. I loaned out Darmian with an option to buy as he wouldn't accept the obligation, hopefully that gets picked up. I'm ok losing Young and Valencia for free and I have no clue what I'm doing about Matic.

I know he hase huge wages, but he's the kind of player i'd want at any club. I shortlist him in every game i do, to see if i have a chance of getting him somehow (never managed yet). Just saying :ackter::D

39 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

I know he hase huge wages, but he's the kind of player i'd want at any club. I shortlist him in every game i do, to see if i have a chance of getting him somehow (never managed yet). Just saying :ackter::D

For me, it's not just the wages. It's the wages and the competition at the position. I'd just rather play Martial or Rashford. Rashford may potentially move to ST, but that will depend on how Lukaku does for me this season.

58 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

I know he hase huge wages, but he's the kind of player i'd want at any club. I shortlist him in every game i do, to see if i have a chance of getting him somehow (never managed yet). Just saying :ackter::D

Awful player in the game even with his attributes. 

3 ore fa, Christianhp85 ha scritto:

At first i hated Sanchez and wanted to offload him.

But as i couldn't get hold of Mbappe yet, i have played him as a striker along with Rashford / Lukaku.

And he is performing quite well :)

At 31 he is valued at 52 million, so quite ok.

Skærmbillede 2019-04-02 kl. 20.45.34.png

Yep, exactly what i meant. He's got outstanding stats, and can perform tremendously in many roles if you bild a nice system with him.

And with his very good determination and work rate, he also can be a great example and mentor for young ones if he becomes an important presence in the dressing room

Edited by Raymond85

Sanchez was really solid for me over the first couple of seasons, but he got a few bad injuries and never really recovered to a point where I could justify giving him regular minutes over Rashford, Martial, Gomes or Lingard. Pace had dropped below 10 when I loaned him to Barcelona (had a decent goalscoring run for them, but still had a sub-7 average rating) before eventually letting him move to the MLS. 

On 02/04/2019 at 19:51, Christianhp85 said:

At first i hated Sanchez and wanted to offload him.

But as i couldn't get hold of Mbappe yet, i have played him as a striker along with Rashford / Lukaku.

And he is performing quite well :)

At 31 he is valued at 52 million, so quite ok.

Skærmbillede 2019-04-02 kl. 20.45.34.png

Lone striker? whats are your tactics and formations? would be nice to see how he fits as i've struggled with him alot. 

BIG decision for me. 

Got an offer from Barca for Pogba. 100m.

Now,what I'm thinking about is that his contract ends in 2021, and he absolutely refuses to sign a new deal with me. 

Now either I sell now, or think consider it again next season. 

Can't convince him to stay, so I've no clue wtf to do. 

45 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

BIG decision for me. 

Now,what I'm thinking about is that his contract ends in 2021, and he absolutely refuses to sign a new deal with me. 

Have you a got a replacement lined up that you really need the money for? Or any other position that really requires at £100m player? If yes, sell. If not, just let him go on a free. People act like its the worst thing in the world but look at Lewandowski at Dortmund - yes they didn't get any money for him, but one more season where he was scoring for them, not against them was by far the better option. 

Edited by zlatanera

1 hour ago, MatthewS17 said:

BIG decision for me. 

Sell him and ball all your funds into signing de bruyne or arthur. 

2 ore fa, MatthewS17 ha scritto:

BIG decision for me. 

Sell him and get Milinkovic-Savic

15 hours ago, Raymond85 said:

Sell him and get Milinkovic-Savic

Savic if he is available from Lazio, make sure you drive the price down a little first. Alternatively you can buy Fernandes from Benfica, who is also a great midfielder.

I will be honest, Pogba for me is like Pogba in real life. He blew hot and cold all season, his attitude about transfer deals and new contracts stunk to high heaven. To be honest, in game and in real life, get shot of him. Savic and Fernandes are much more consistent and rounded.

1 hour ago, Garrlor said:

Savic if he is available from Lazio, make sure you drive the price down a little first. Alternatively you can buy Fernandes from Benfica, who is also a great midfielder.

I will be honest, Pogba for me is like Pogba in real life. He blew hot and cold all season, his attitude about transfer deals and new contracts stunk to high heaven. To be honest, in game and in real life, get shot of him. Savic and Fernandes are much more consistent and rounded.

Already got Fernandes in the first season, as well as Neves. He blew hot and cold for me as well, but it feels like I'm losing a WC player and replacing him with a not so WC player.

I can't do Savic this season as I'm already over my limit at 213m spent(Net spend was 103m), so it's go to wait till next. But now he's dropping 6.2s consistently.

Edited by MatthewS17

16 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Keep him and let his contract expire as you will boost your transfer budget when he goes as it will free up lots of money into your wage budget.

Maybe get someone with similar attributes or less on the cheap like a regen and train him up, get Pogba to tutor him.

I am not letting a player valued at over 100m go on a free. That's borderline sacrilege.

19 hours ago, mrcjevans said:

Starting a game with a couple of mates, will probably sign de light, but I will be playing IWB's so who can I sign for good value, plan on signing Sancho as well

Usually I just look for someone with decent passing and tackling, not great, but decent, and still in the mould of an out and out RB. It's a bit hard to cater to that role.

I have just started a save with united after reading this thread and i only have a 45m budget, I have read on here sums of 200+

I also have one hell of a injury list, players out for months, dalot, valencia, sanchez etc

it must be the lastest update 19.3.4

5 minutes ago, pdhmobile said:

I have just started a save with united after reading this thread and i only have a 45m budget, I have read on here sums of 200+

I also have one hell of a injury list, players out for months, dalot, valencia, sanchez etc

it must be the lastest update 19.3.4

Those sums are 2nd season onwards. Nobody gets that sort of money in the first season. Injuries have been the same since the game was released too

2 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Those sums are 2nd season onwards. Nobody gets that sort of money in the first season. Injuries have been the same since the game was released too

I'll just have to try and not get sacked in the 1st season then in order to release the big money!!

1 hour ago, pdhmobile said:

I'll just have to try and not get sacked in the 1st season then in order to release the big money!!

Quite easy to stay and get top 4 tbh with the team you have already, small transfers with outgoings got me to win everything first season but it was a struggle after jan. Much stronger in 2nd season with 89mill max in bank and I have a pretty solid team compared to last seasons. 

1 hour ago, BigV said:

Quite easy to stay and get top 4 tbh with the team you have already, small transfers with outgoings got me to win everything first season but it was a struggle after jan. Much stronger in 2nd season with 89mill max in bank and I have a pretty solid team compared to last seasons. 

Can you show a screen shot of your team 1st season and 2nd season?

Reading on here i think pogba is not all hes made out to be! I had the lad from portugal, gelson fernades (excuse spelling) in my leverkusen save and he bossed it from the get go, 18 years old! Savic cant be better than him IMHO.

10 hours ago, pdhmobile said:

Can you show a screen shot of your team 1st season and 2nd season?

Reading on here i think pogba is not all hes made out to be! I had the lad from portugal, gelson fernades (excuse spelling) in my leverkusen save and he bossed it from the get go, 18 years old! Savic cant be better than him IMHO.

1st season I just needed strengthening the areas where it was needed. Manolas became a God, sidibe miles better than valencia and dalot whom was rotating and telles for the crossing ability for the likes of lukaku who had 9 assists in the league and 16 assists from 34 games. Cook was bought for a BBM as in previous FM's he would develop into an unstoppable player so I thought i'd try him and he was below par especially for what I paid for (Couldn't get savic because they wanted 75 mill which I didn't have).

wrvdb.thumb.png.c7995241be591dfeecda5103cd449d8d.png

2nd season was me doubling up making it a classy team and filling the gaps where things could be improved-ndombele for herrera and demoting cook to DM so gedson can play BBM role. Bought thauvin for that right side for creativity and goal scoring, scores more than creates more but he's similar to how bernardo silva works, one of my best buys of any FM atm smashing in 17 goals and 9 assists in 26 games. I bought that other kid to fill the u18's position as I promoted laird to u23 after a massive improvisation in the 1st season. First team shown too.

gwsavsc.thumb.png.7f6f763d2023c803472f870147c20fb7.pngvebdfav.thumb.png.4d9d8316c85653dd9505bbef18b35c3d.png

Pogba is unreal but for me he's a goal scorer and less of the assister regardless of what role you put him in, he's a monster but he does take dips, his scoring record is beyond any CM in FM. At current time gedson is weaker than SAVIC but he'll be better, he's one to buy for now and the future for sure.

dwafadcx.thumb.png.8e1392f5bcd48c097e7b034a5af30b47.png

Just wrapped up my first season, snagged the league and Carabao double. Got knocked out by a last minute goal against Shaktar in the Chamion's League Quarters and City booted me from the 6th Round of the FA Cup. Interesting highlights from the league is Palace in 6th, City in 4th and Poch and Guardiola both jobless!

Lingard or Rashford were probably my best player. Lings had 16 goals and 15 assists in all competitions (9 and 11 in the league) while Rashford raked 23 and 8, with 11 and 3 in the league. De Gea also had 26 clean sheets!

As far as transfers go, I don't know why Pereira has a fee, and it's weird that the Fred and Dalot fees are still listed, but oh well. I have permanent clauses in the loan agreements for Darmian, Jones and Sanchez and I'm hoping they get picked up, it would make my life a bit easier. I don't really play with a CAM, so letting Mata go for 25mil was fine with me, and if I need someone to play that position I can just slot Lingard over. Now it's just onto moving on the rest of the dead wood and having Rabiot join the team on a free!

EDIT: And now it looks like Pep and Klopp have switched jobs!

EDIT: I just got offered 84mil for Pogba, not sure if I should take it or not. He was quite good in the first season, but I have Palacios from River Plate and now Rabiot in as well, on top of already having Fred and Pereira. Palacios doesn't have a work permit yet though, so he'll have to go on loan.

League Table.PNG

Tactics.PNG

Transfers.PNG

Edited by Juls317

On 01/04/2019 at 03:00, BigV said:

Nice, think that's the first time i've seen someone score over 20 goals in the league so far lol.

Wait, really? 20 goals is uncommon in this years edition? I just got fm 19 a few weeks ago and I've had Lukaku scoring more than a goal per 90 minutes for 1,5 seasons. Pogba is scoring more than a goal per 90 from CM in a AP(s) role as well this season as was Richarlison from the wing until he got injured.

Edited by Puluzu

33 minutes ago, Puluzu said:

Wait, really? 20 goals is uncommon in this years edition? I just got fm 19 a few weeks ago and I've had Lukaku scoring more than a goal per 90 minutes for 1,5 seasons. Pogba is scoring more than a goal per 90 from CM in a AP(s) role as well this season as was Richarlison from the wing until he got injured.

Depends on your tactics. I've had Martial hit 30 goals 3 seasons in a row (the third I was only in January) as well as whoever was partnering him up top. Also had two guys hit over 20 for Lyon. But on other tactics its been more shared around - only had two guys in 3 seasons hit over 20 in my last Ajax save (one was Schöne back when long shots were OP, and still there were more from penalties and free kicks than open play) and only Reus on my Dortmund save's first season, again as a free kick taker, as the goals were more shared around.

4 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

Depends on your tactics. I've had Martial hit 30 goals 3 seasons in a row (the third I was only in January) as well as whoever was partnering him up top. Also had two guys hit over 20 for Lyon. But on other tactics its been more shared around - only had two guys in 3 seasons hit over 20 in my last Ajax save (one was Schöne back when long shots were OP, and still there were more from penalties and free kicks than open play) and only Reus on my Dortmund save's first season, again as a free kick taker, as the goals were more shared around.

Martial has been a bit hit and miss for me. Scores some great goals sometimes but not as consistenly as Richarlison does. He also loses the ball a lot and doesn't really get assists either. I'm using him as left IF sometimes on support and sometimes on attack. It's weird how I can't instruct him to take fewer risks with the ball with either role. He doesn't really have the vision for through balls.

Edited by Puluzu

1 minute ago, Puluzu said:

Martial has been a bit hit and miss for me. Scores some great goals sometimes but not as consistenly as Richarlison does. He also loses the ball a lot and doesn't really get assists either. I'm using him as left IF sometimes on support and sometimes on attack. It's weird how I can't instruct him to take fewer risks with the ball with either role. He doesn't really have the vision for through balls.

I was using him as a CF-Su, imitating Mbappe's role at Monaco. Most of his assists were from in the 6 yard box after his dribbling had got him there (and most of them time he just finished it himself)

1 hour ago, Puluzu said:

For me yeah and previous scrn shots from other part of the forums, I've seen cases with the AI managing likes of Madrid, Juve and barca with likes of messi, ronaldo, neymar, mbappe scoring less than 20 goals a season, player input is slightly more expressive so you'd get the strikers scoring alot more hitting the 25 mark but before the new updates strikers were awful with their positioning and their ability to move and score 1v1's. 

1 hour ago, Puluzu said:

Yeahhh same, first season with him was dreadful by his FM standards 38 games 7 goals and 11 assists which I expected more goals. His inability to dribble in my save has let him down alot and I don't even play possession style football - might have to change alot and adapt to see how it works for him in other areas of tactics. Yeah his role is somewhat intriguing I have times where a simple role from support to attack can change his game, he plays attacking role better but some games where he's deeper works well to pull in, constantly got 6.7 avg ratings. I think they need to change locked instructions or at least pick which type of IF they want specifically rather than attack/support much like a winger trying to play "Direct (running past players, dribbling)/ crossing type like beckham and if they consist of both then have an option to balance both out. IF- creative type/direct type/balance type (hazard, neymar etc.) What do you think? 

3 minutes ago, BigV said:

For me yeah and previous scrn shots from other part of the forums, I've seen cases with the AI managing likes of Madrid, Juve and barca with likes of messi, ronaldo, neymar, mbappe scoring less than 20 goals a season, player input is slightly more expressive so you'd get the strikers scoring alot more hitting the 25 mark but before the new updates strikers were awful with their positioning and their ability to move and score 1v1's. 

Yeahhh same, first season with him was dreadful by his FM standards 38 games 7 goals and 11 assists which I expected more goals. His inability to dribble in my save has let him down alot and I don't even play possession style football - might have to change alot and adapt to see how it works for him in other areas of tactics. Yeah his role is somewhat intriguing I have times where a simple role from support to attack can change his game, he plays attacking role better but some games where he's deeper works well to pull in, constantly got 6.7 avg ratings. I think they need to change locked instructions or at least pick which type of IF they want specifically rather than attack/support much like a winger trying to play "Direct (running past players, dribbling)/ crossing type like beckham and if they consist of both then have an option to balance both out. IF- creative type/direct type/balance type (hazard, neymar etc.) What do you think? 

That could be an option, but simply allowing us to change his risk taking would go a long way. I really don't see why an inside forward absolutely must try lots of through balls. I'm hoping someone would try to poach him off of me because I know the price will be half of that if I just list him myself. I have so many options for left wing with Rashford, Chiesa, Richarlison, Kluivert, Chong and Sanchez who I'd happily give away for free if I could. Those god damn wages...

1 hour ago, Puluzu said:

That could be an option, but simply allowing us to change his risk taking would go a long way. I really don't see why an inside forward absolutely must try lots of through balls. I'm hoping someone would try to poach him off of me because I know the price will be half of that if I just list him myself. I have so many options for left wing with Rashford, Chiesa, Richarlison, Kluivert, Chong and Sanchez who I'd happily give away for free if I could. Those god damn wages...

Definitely, but I think they use it in regards of an attacking player taking risk rather than "risky passes" all together. But it's true, I might post it in feedback forum and see what the SI say and others opinion. Same tbh but I really want him to succeed cause I love him irl, same with rashford. I cannot sell players that mean alot to the club in FM for some reason, a part of me wants to make a legacy with my bois at the helm as my captains and lieutenants lol. Wingers and IF's for me this game has been quite poor tbh imo, they need it to be revamped but too many changes will ruin it like 19 itself. 

8 minutes ago, BigV said:

Definitely, but I think they use it in regards of an attacking player taking risk rather than "risky passes" all together. But it's true, I might post it in feedback forum and see what the SI say and others opinion. Same tbh but I really want him to succeed cause I love him irl, same with rashford. I cannot sell players that mean alot to the club in FM for some reason, a part of me wants to make a legacy with my bois at the helm as my captains and lieutenants lol. Wingers and IF's for me this game has been quite poor tbh imo, they need it to be revamped but too many changes will ruin it like 19 itself. 

Richarlison has been pretty great for me as an IF. He has a rare collection of attributes with decent heading and really good physicals coupled with being either footed without sacrificing traditional widemen flair. 

Just finished my novice season using mobile and gotten 1st in the PL 3 points ahead of City. Lost to Liverpool at the Quarter Final of the CL.

gotten a pretty absurd offer for Dean Henderson (GK) at the end of 1st season with a 63M bid from City, well I accepted of course.

pretty much same DC as I only gotten Savic and Kean in the 1st. so far gotten Sancho for 60M in the 2nd.

need to strengthen my defense now but primary target De Ligt had moved.

Edited by darcbleu

2 hours ago, darcbleu said:

need to strengthen my defense now but primary target De Ligt had moved.

Take a look if Ruben Dias is still at Benfica. I was trying to decide between him and De Ligt and went with De Ligt eventually and Dias moved to Barcelona. Based on my scouting he seems like the top option for DC for under 60 million or so. Barca got him for around 45m in my save and he is playing great for them and now I'm a bit annoyed I didn't just buy both when I had the chance. There could obviously be some difference in his PA with our saves so scout first of course, but for me he is 4 star CA and 4,5 PA I believe in January 2020.

I'm almost half way through my 7th season and, after reading some comments in here, I'd like to offer some thoughts.

From the start I called up Laird and Williams as full back cover, both turned out to be starters, well Williams and Shaw are still battling it out 6 years later. Laird is now back up but only because I have a great Regen keeping him out.

Other players I promoted either straight away or start of second season:-

Tuanzebe - after selling Jones, Smalling, Bailly and rojo, Axel became first choice alongside de ligt and still is.

Fosu mensah - did great but sold 3rd season as too much competition.

Ramagzani(can't remember the spelling) - did a good job for a couple of seasons.

Garner - still here and back up to Pogba

Chong, Gomes, Greenwood - all 3 promoted straight away and haven't left the first team since. Chong and gomes regularly get 15+ goals and 15+ assists a season. Greenwood is just a beast from the start. Scored about 180 goals for me, has been named world player of the year.

There are loads more I've promoted but can't think right now. But you really don't need to buy lots of players. I've sold loads and replaced them with mostly promoted players. I have bought a few but apart from de light, de jong, rice, foden and Sancho, none of them lasted long because the youth just kept them out if the team.

Pogba is a beast as a DLP, scores at least 15 a season for me. I did sell him but bought him back a season later lol. 

Some outside players I have had who were good that I've not mentioned:-

Defenders

Marquinhos

Midfield

Ndombele(awesome alongside Pogba)

Striker

Kownacki(replaced Sanchez and lukaku and was awesome, like a mixture of sheringham and ole)

I've only bought 13 players in 6 and a half seasons and sold 21 of the current first team squad plus a few of the ones I bought. The youth team is a gold mine just have to give players a chance.

The 1st season was my worst in terms if league position(2nd) and general trophies (only the 2 domestic cups), since then I have dominated, I've not won everything but 25 more trophies is good enough. Best league season was last season where I won every league game, no I didn't save and reload any. 

My point is, trust in the youth from the start and you will be rewarded.

I tried getting into a save on the Winter update, but eventually decided to return to my main file and complete season 3. I'm glad I did because I ended up finishing unbeaten in the league for the second year running, something I've never done before in all my years of playing FM.

jqZoGxC.png

QYS9KJn.png

We were knocked out of the FA Cup by Liverpool in the 3rd round which was really frustrating (Everton went on to win the competition), but we won every other trophy. In the Carabao Cup we beat Southampton after Extra Time, and we were quite lucky tbh because they outplayed us despite being down to 10 men for most of the game. As for the Champions League final we convincingly beat the holders Madrid 3-0, with two of those being scored by Pavard, which were his first goals for us. It was our semi-finals that I want to highlight though, we got revenge over Bayern who had knocked us out at the same stage the previous year, but we were close to being eliminated again...

1zQuCG3.png

As you can see I did sell Martial to them, who I replaced with Sancho. We also took a big player from Bayern too...

8vFRota.png

I knew Madrid would come in with a bid for Lukaku late in the window, so I signed Lewandowski. He scored 14 goals for us, including a hat-trick on his debut in the Manchester derby...but Rashford was our top scorer + player of the season & Greenwood had the same tally as Lewy in just 18 games; so in hindsight I don't think we needed him. Suso was having an inconsistent year, Sancho was out for a couple of months around winter, & I fell out with Depay after he started crying over a teamtalk following a draw with Millwall; so I thought I'd bring in Pavon who was transfer listed. I don't expect to be as busy in the next two windows unless there's any more major departures.