Sports Interactive Community
macca72

FM19: Leeds United - Home of Bielsa's bucket

Nice boosts to Cooper and Clarke (shame about his natural fitness) in the update

No more cheap Antonio Marin though 😂

7 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Nice boosts to Cooper and Clarke (shame about his natural fitness) in the update

No more cheap Antonio Marin though 😂

What does Marin go for after the update? I'd always pick him up as a smaller club... No more then, I guess :( 

3 hours ago, Gungner said:

What does Marin go for after the update? I'd always pick him up as a smaller club... No more then, I guess :( 

On this update I had to add Croatian first division to find him, they wanted £25 million! 

5 hours ago, Mardy said:

On this update I had to add Croatian first division to find him, they wanted £25 million! 

Damn! :eek:

Whilst I wait for FMT to be updated, anyone started a new save yet?

Anything to share?

4 hours ago, macca72 said:

Whilst I wait for FMT to be updated, anyone started a new save yet?

Anything to share?

Some nice changes mate!

-A couple of personality “upgrades” really useful for mentoring

-A few ability boosts

-Option to call back Pearce and Coyle from loan is a bonus

-Can raise a few quid if needs be

Also, Foden can join on loan on deadline day (for me at least) 

On 01/03/2019 at 22:40, Mardy said:

He's not even in my game anymore! Guess I have to load the croatian league now then... That's kinda annoying. 

Just started Leeds Campaign. Won Championship with over 110+ points. Only decent player i bought was Marin in the 2nd half of the season at 9.75m after the sale of roofe for 12m .:lol: The rest of the players were free transfers and some loan

Got 38M transfer fee as a result. I then proceeded to buy  some wonderkids llike Tonali 16m, Itter 7.25m and Benkovic 15.75m to strengthen my defence.

I was really worried about premier league as my team were still too thin.  but to my surprise I'm now at the top of the league after beating Man Utd 3-1, Newcastle 9-1 and drawing chelsea away.

Lost 3-0 to Liverpool in the caraobao cup on purpose with fringe players so that i can concentrate on Premier league alone.

Would definitely consider myself a title contender now, i hope so :D. Clarke has been immense for me as a right winger. Kalvin Philips is my first choice BBM. Ayling still proves hes one of the best players in Leeds.

Wanted to get De ligt but he was way too expensive. Benkovic is a rock solid defender tho.

Table

table.thumb.png.c47354350ec946b12eaa333ffa787ea7.png

Results

results.thumb.png.ab0ac02592904ea0e36af0c5bc21035f.png

My tactics: Custom Gegenpress.

tactics.thumb.png.9f530998713b0e5a388e4ff881243fda.png

My wage budget is really starving. Really need the board to give me more funds in Jan else Leeds will die.

Hi, guys. How are u?

I'm from Brazil but I love this club. Leeds is my favorite team in the world (excepct my brazilian team, Cruzeiro).

I've started a save, but I have some questions about how you start you personal reputation in game?

I say that cause if I try sell anyone of influencer players, the all squad i'll be mad with me and I will lost the locker room.

Btw, I need to sell some expensive players to get a some wonderkids, like Marin.

So, after all, I will share my results here.

3 hours ago, levish said:

Hi, guys. How are u?

I'm from Brazil but I love this club. Leeds is my favorite team in the world (excepct my brazilian team, Cruzeiro).

I've started a save, but I have some questions about how you start you personal reputation in game?

I say that cause if I try sell anyone of influencer players, the all squad i'll be mad with me and I will lost the locker room.

Btw, I need to sell some expensive players to get a some wonderkids, like Marin.

So, after all, I will share my results here.

Everybody is different. I use no qualifications, Sunday league footballer, as that best describes me personally

You have to be cautious and know your players

Most people probably use the recommended qualifications and reputation. This would make sense for realism I guess

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Everybody is different. I use no qualifications, Sunday league footballer, as that best describes me personally

You have to be cautious and know your players

Most people probably use the recommended qualifications and reputation. This would make sense for realism I guess

Ty!! So, for realism I use just as semi professional player(I used to be) with no manager license.

My start is excitant! My team is unbeatable and plays like Guardiola's teams hahahah

High possession and objectivity!

Started my save recently. My first season was not as easy as most of you guys at all. Won championship with 96 points only one point ahead of West Brom.

I also imposed myself not to buy or sell anyone for the first season. 

For season 2 I Ayoze Perez, Muslija, Rajkovic, Doku and Tonalli for my first 11, some reserves not as important and plenty of regens (figured I'll need some home grown and some players trained at the club soon). Brexit screwed me hard and I didn't get a work permit for a few players I really wanted. Spent £40m

Also sold a bunch of people, got £42,5m and some good cash off the wage bill. 

I can easily see this season will be VERY hard.

Do you guys know some staff to get? I mainly wanted 4+ stars coaches. Any recommentadion would be nice!

ps: sorry for my crap english, I'm brazilian too.

Posted (edited)

I just got the game and started up my first file as Leeds (as is tradition). Do you guys find the ratings of some players to be a fair bit underwhelming? Klich 3 star, best position as a deep-lying playmaker? Alioski unfamiliar with playing LB despite playing there for years? Same with Berardi at CB?

And the rankings of some of the younger guys is a bit off too, particularly Mateusz Bogusz. We've signed him with big potential and he's been instantly great for the u23's. Yet his max potential in this is like 2 and a half stars? Also, no Nohan Kenneh, who is the star of the u18s, played his first game at 14, in all the England squads etc.

Edited by Jamie Cal

5 hours ago, Jamie Cal said:

Klich 3 star, best position as a deep-lying playmaker? Alioski unfamiliar with playing LB despite playing there for years? Same with Berardi at CB?

Klich's a funny one. He's gone from awful to excellent very quickly, we have to be careful not to overreact to either. What would you change about him?

Alioski has only played DL for Leeds recently, he has played WBL for Macedonia. Although I believe he is Competent > Accomplished rather than Unfamiliar here.

And the rankings of some of the younger guys is a bit off too, particularly Mateusz Bogusz. We've signed him with big potential and he's been instantly great for the u23's. Yet his max potential in this is like 2 and a half stars?

Unfortunately I have not rated Bogusz so cannot comment. He will have been rated by his previous club's researcher.

Also, no Nohan Kenneh, who is the star of the u18s, played his first game at 14, in all the England squads etc.

He is too young to appear in game at the moment unfortunately. Cut-off his 16 as of September 1st of the year of release.

As a note I would also not take the star ratings as objective fact. They are 1) only a staff member's opinion, which is fallible, 2) relative to your current team and depth in the position and 3) variable, for example Bogusz does not have a set potential but rather one that falls within a range, the exact number changing each time you start a new save.

Cheers,
Seb.

1 hour ago, Seb Wassell said:

Alioski has only played DL for Leeds recently, he has played WBL for Macedonia. Although I believe he is Competent > Accomplished rather than Unfamiliar here.

Alioski used to play LB for Lugano as well (and for most of his youth career I think) before being moved further forward, I'd say for sure he should be accomplished in that role.

13 hours ago, Roguienight said:

Started my save recently. My first season was not as easy as most of you guys at all. Won championship with 96 points only one point ahead of West Brom.

I also imposed myself not to buy or sell anyone for the first season. 

For season 2 I Ayoze Perez, Muslija, Rajkovic, Doku and Tonalli for my first 11, some reserves not as important and plenty of regens (figured I'll need some home grown and some players trained at the club soon). Brexit screwed me hard and I didn't get a work permit for a few players I really wanted. Spent £40m

Also sold a bunch of people, got £42,5m and some good cash off the wage bill. 

I can easily see this season will be VERY hard.

Do you guys know some staff to get? I mainly wanted 4+ stars coaches. Any recommentadion would be nice!

ps: sorry for my crap english, I'm brazilian too.

Booa! Comecei agora nesse novo patch. No primeiro patch, ganhei a championship com a mesma pontuação do vice, foi suado hahaha

Ainda não mexi nos treinos, tava organizando os salários primeiro. Pode mandar print de como estão os seus? E o staff também, por favor.

Não consegui contratar o Tonali. Foi pro Torino :'(

Você vendeu Roofe, Bamford e Alioske em alguma temporada ou ainda está com algum deles?

------------

I'm at the top of championship but I've lost my first game after 3 months and, as I know this game, a loss streak is coming.

bwt, sorry about send a message in portuguese here.

15 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Klich's a funny one. He's gone from awful to excellent very quickly, we have to be careful not to overreact to either. What would you change about him?

Unfortunately I have not rated Bogusz so cannot comment. He will have been rated by his previous club's researcher.

He is too young to appear in game at the moment unfortunately. Cut-off his 16 as of September 1st of the year of release.

As a note I would also not take the star ratings as objective fact. They are 1) only a staff member's opinion, which is fallible, 2) relative to your current team and depth in the position and 3) variable, for example Bogusz does not have a set potential but rather one that falls within a range, the exact number changing each time you start a new save.

Cheers,
Seb.

I apologize if I came off as a bit over the top in my last post. Appreciate you lots' efforts.

For Klich, the main thing wrong is that all his best roles are as a playmaker, whereas in real life, he's all about off the ball movement. He doesn't take on a high volume of passes, doesn't really construct or manage play either. He's all about moving, opening spaces, quick combinations, sideline-to-sideline, box to box. He's been pretty great all season, but since about mid-January he's been incredible. He's the Leeds player this season with the most pre-assists, which is mostly down to his 1-2 touch combinations. Worth noting that he was generally well regarded in Holland too, at a higher level.

As for Alioski, he only spent the last year of his time playing as a winger at Lugano.Was a fullback for years before that, and when he plays as a LW, he looks like a LB trying to play as a winger.  He's a poor dribbler, poor in 1v1s especially, but he's a phenomenal athlete. His idols (in his own words) are Roberto Carlos and Marcelo, which is reflective of his primary position. 

Bogusz turned down offers (according to Phil Hay of the Yorkshire Evening Post, the main Leeds journalist) from Brighton and Napoli. Big reputation. Not a big deal about his ranking though.

^^^ Obviously a good deal of this is my own observations and I don't expect them to be taken as gospel. All the best.

1 hour ago, Jamie Cal said:

I apologize if I came off as a bit over the top in my last post. Appreciate you lots' efforts.

For Klich, the main thing wrong is that all his best roles are as a playmaker, whereas in real life, he's all about off the ball movement. He doesn't take on a high volume of passes, doesn't really construct or manage play either. He's all about moving, opening spaces, quick combinations, sideline-to-sideline, box to box. He's been pretty great all season, but since about mid-January he's been incredible. He's the Leeds player this season with the most pre-assists, which is mostly down to his 1-2 touch combinations. Worth noting that he was generally well regarded in Holland too, at a higher level.

As for Alioski, he only spent the last year of his time playing as a winger at Lugano.Was a fullback for years before that, and when he plays as a LW, he looks like a LB trying to play as a winger.  He's a poor dribbler, poor in 1v1s especially, but he's a phenomenal athlete. His idols (in his own words) are Roberto Carlos and Marcelo, which is reflective of his primary position. 

Bogusz turned down offers (according to Phil Hay of the Yorkshire Evening Post, the main Leeds journalist) from Brighton and Napoli. Big reputation. Not a big deal about his ranking though.

^^^ Obviously a good deal of this is my own observations and I don't expect them to be taken as gospel. All the best.

You're right about Alioski, per Transfermarkt he played LB all of 2014/15 and the seasons prior https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ezgjan-alioski/leistungsdaten/spieler/129604/plus/0?saison=2014 https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ezgjan-alioski/leistungsdaten/spieler/129604/plus/0?saison=2013

Em 14/03/2019 em 11:07, levish disse:

Booa! Comecei agora nesse novo patch. No primeiro patch, ganhei a championship com a mesma pontuação do vice, foi suado hahaha

Ainda não mexi nos treinos, tava organizando os salários primeiro. Pode mandar print de como estão os seus? E o staff também, por favor.

Não consegui contratar o Tonali. Foi pro Torino :'(

Você vendeu Roofe, Bamford e Alioske em alguma temporada ou ainda está com algum deles?

------------

I'm at the top of championship but I've lost my first game after 3 months and, as I know this game, a loss streak is coming.

bwt, sorry about send a message in portuguese here.

Também to no patch novo. Meus salários estão em £637k/semana. No começo da segunda temporada os salários sobem muito pelas clausulas e pelos jogadores que voltam de empréstimo, chegaram a £800k/semana aqui, então vendi bastante gente pra diminuir um pouco.

Staff in:

IHUPLdE.png

Staff out

GHA98X2.png

Vendi o Bamford por £10m e o Alioski por £6,5m, os dois no começo da segunda temporada. O Roofe ainda é meu atacante titular e o Tonalli não abaixam de £30m, mas aí peguei empréstimo com compra obrigatória por £15m. Boa sorte na Championship! Não sei se pode postar em português aqui, mas continua relatando!

3 hours ago, Roguienight said:

Hide contents

Também to no patch novo. Meus salários estão em £637k/semana. No começo da segunda temporada os salários sobem muito pelas clausulas e pelos jogadores que voltam de empréstimo, chegaram a £800k/semana aqui, então vendi bastante gente pra diminuir um pouco.

Staff in:

IHUPLdE.png

Staff out

GHA98X2.png

Vendi o Bamford por £10m e o Alioski por £6,5m, os dois no começo da segunda temporada. O Roofe ainda é meu atacante titular e o Tonalli não abaixam de £30m, mas aí peguei empréstimo com compra obrigatória por £15m. Boa sorte na Championship! Não sei se pode postar em português aqui, mas continua relatando!

Ty man! My english isn't very well, but let's do it.

I need to adjust my training and staff. I'm 2nd place in championship. The championship top scorers are Bamford, Alioski and Roofe. I hope sell 2 of them to make cash and reinforce my team for premier. I've alcanced a quarter final in cup but I loose front Tottenham.

ps: srry for the last post in portuguese, I couldn't hide it.

I won the championship. For second season, that is my transfer history and my team base.

I'll trust in Bamford for now,  I hope that he doesn't disappoint me.

image.thumb.png.e5f05b52177dda8ba44ed913c3c4617a.png

image.thumb.png.deab8b8b080bff54f0b4cfd2e52fda95.png

On 16/03/2019 at 17:09, TheDuck24 said:

Klich to Gala? Ugh. No.

yeah, man :\

I needed the money to get best player.

Posted (edited)

So I've started my final save, no mass clear-out.

I have just sold Roofe though, which I'm instantly regretting but it was basically a choice between selling him for £8.5m now or missing out on Morilla at his bargain release clause price.

Signed Tonali for £6m mostly spread over installments as he's that good it's impossible to turn down signing him.

Worried about my lack of firepower, I've got Roberts and Bamford for my sole striker role, hope they can carry me through to January.

Edited by macca72

Starting my 22/23 season. Got a 11th place, 4th place and 2nd place for the league so far and last season we won the Champions League!

Got a pretty good team atm:

GK: Oblak/regen

DD: regen/Sam Byran

DCs: Rivaldo Coetzee and Lisandro Martinez/Gonçalo Cardoso and regens

DL: Firpo/Bennett

MCs: Tonali and Kevin Philips/Shackleton and regens

AMR: Jack Clarke/Doku

AMC: Morilla/Thiago Almada

AML: regen/Woo-yeong

PL: Jovic/regens

The league is sooo hard, but I really want to win it soon! I don't really expect to win the UCL soon again, but hope to do well again.

Posted (edited)

Anyone ever come across anything like this? 

Untitled.png

Gotta mega excited then clicked accept and April Fools :seagull:

Edited by JJSaxton

I'm back to the game! I finished my second season in 10th place in Premier. 

In third season, my team is unbelievable. I'm 4th in premier and Carabao Cup finalist (vs Tottenham). 

Base first team:

GK: Livakovic 
RB: Ayling (injury now and he won't play the final game) / Coyle
DC: Jansson 
DC: Jemerson
LB: Charlie Taylor
MC: Shackleton (won the position after Phillips injury)
MC: Tonalli
RW: Berardi
AMC: Xadas
LW: Bernard
FC: Luka Jovic

Marchin on together!

Hi guys,

I won the Carabao Cup! But my team was so bad in premier after that so I finished at 8th.

In FA cup, I was runner up, loosing to City ;/

I start this season with only two changes in first 11.

Livarola on LD and Shackleton replaced by Tielemans.