FM19: Leeds United - Home of Bielsa's bucket

macca72

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Nice boosts to Cooper and Clarke (shame about his natural fitness) in the update

No more cheap Antonio Marin though 😂

What does Marin go for after the update? I'd always pick him up as a smaller club... No more then, I guess :( 

3 hours ago, Gungner said:

What does Marin go for after the update? I'd always pick him up as a smaller club... No more then, I guess :( 

On this update I had to add Croatian first division to find him, they wanted £25 million! 

4 hours ago, macca72 said:

Whilst I wait for FMT to be updated, anyone started a new save yet?

Anything to share?

Some nice changes mate!

-A couple of personality “upgrades” really useful for mentoring

-A few ability boosts

-Option to call back Pearce and Coyle from loan is a bonus

-Can raise a few quid if needs be

Also, Foden can join on loan on deadline day (for me at least) 

On 01/03/2019 at 22:40, Mardy said:

On this update I had to add Croatian first division to find him, they wanted £25 million! 

He's not even in my game anymore! Guess I have to load the croatian league now then... That's kinda annoying. 

Just started Leeds Campaign. Won Championship with over 110+ points. Only decent player i bought was Marin in the 2nd half of the season at 9.75m after the sale of roofe for 12m .:lol: The rest of the players were free transfers and some loan

Got 38M transfer fee as a result. I then proceeded to buy  some wonderkids llike Tonali 16m, Itter 7.25m and Benkovic 15.75m to strengthen my defence.

I was really worried about premier league as my team were still too thin.  but to my surprise I'm now at the top of the league after beating Man Utd 3-1, Newcastle 9-1 and drawing chelsea away.

Lost 3-0 to Liverpool in the caraobao cup on purpose with fringe players so that i can concentrate on Premier league alone.

Would definitely consider myself a title contender now, i hope so :D. Clarke has been immense for me as a right winger. Kalvin Philips is my first choice BBM. Ayling still proves hes one of the best players in Leeds.

Wanted to get De ligt but he was way too expensive. Benkovic is a rock solid defender tho.

Table

table.thumb.png.c47354350ec946b12eaa333ffa787ea7.png

Results

results.thumb.png.ab0ac02592904ea0e36af0c5bc21035f.png

My tactics: Custom Gegenpress.

tactics.thumb.png.9f530998713b0e5a388e4ff881243fda.png

My wage budget is really starving. Really need the board to give me more funds in Jan else Leeds will die.

Hi, guys. How are u?

I'm from Brazil but I love this club. Leeds is my favorite team in the world (excepct my brazilian team, Cruzeiro).

I've started a save, but I have some questions about how you start you personal reputation in game?

I say that cause if I try sell anyone of influencer players, the all squad i'll be mad with me and I will lost the locker room.

Btw, I need to sell some expensive players to get a some wonderkids, like Marin.

So, after all, I will share my results here.

3 hours ago, levish said:

Hi, guys. How are u?

I'm from Brazil but I love this club. Leeds is my favorite team in the world (excepct my brazilian team, Cruzeiro).

I've started a save, but I have some questions about how you start you personal reputation in game?

I say that cause if I try sell anyone of influencer players, the all squad i'll be mad with me and I will lost the locker room.

Btw, I need to sell some expensive players to get a some wonderkids, like Marin.

So, after all, I will share my results here.

Everybody is different. I use no qualifications, Sunday league footballer, as that best describes me personally

You have to be cautious and know your players

Most people probably use the recommended qualifications and reputation. This would make sense for realism I guess

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Everybody is different. I use no qualifications, Sunday league footballer, as that best describes me personally

You have to be cautious and know your players

Most people probably use the recommended qualifications and reputation. This would make sense for realism I guess

Ty!! So, for realism I use just as semi professional player(I used to be) with no manager license.

My start is excitant! My team is unbeatable and plays like Guardiola's teams hahahah

High possession and objectivity!

Started my save recently. My first season was not as easy as most of you guys at all. Won championship with 96 points only one point ahead of West Brom.

I also imposed myself not to buy or sell anyone for the first season. 

For season 2 I Ayoze Perez, Muslija, Rajkovic, Doku and Tonalli for my first 11, some reserves not as important and plenty of regens (figured I'll need some home grown and some players trained at the club soon). Brexit screwed me hard and I didn't get a work permit for a few players I really wanted. Spent £40m

Also sold a bunch of people, got £42,5m and some good cash off the wage bill. 

I can easily see this season will be VERY hard.

Do you guys know some staff to get? I mainly wanted 4+ stars coaches. Any recommentadion would be nice!

ps: sorry for my crap english, I'm brazilian too.

I just got the game and started up my first file as Leeds (as is tradition). Do you guys find the ratings of some players to be a fair bit underwhelming? Klich 3 star, best position as a deep-lying playmaker? Alioski unfamiliar with playing LB despite playing there for years? Same with Berardi at CB?

And the rankings of some of the younger guys is a bit off too, particularly Mateusz Bogusz. We've signed him with big potential and he's been instantly great for the u23's. Yet his max potential in this is like 2 and a half stars? Also, no Nohan Kenneh, who is the star of the u18s, played his first game at 14, in all the England squads etc.

Edited by Jamie Cal

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, Jamie Cal said:

Klich 3 star, best position as a deep-lying playmaker? Alioski unfamiliar with playing LB despite playing there for years? Same with Berardi at CB?

Klich's a funny one. He's gone from awful to excellent very quickly, we have to be careful not to overreact to either. What would you change about him?

Alioski has only played DL for Leeds recently, he has played WBL for Macedonia. Although I believe he is Competent > Accomplished rather than Unfamiliar here.

And the rankings of some of the younger guys is a bit off too, particularly Mateusz Bogusz. We've signed him with big potential and he's been instantly great for the u23's. Yet his max potential in this is like 2 and a half stars?

Unfortunately I have not rated Bogusz so cannot comment. He will have been rated by his previous club's researcher.

Also, no Nohan Kenneh, who is the star of the u18s, played his first game at 14, in all the England squads etc.

He is too young to appear in game at the moment unfortunately. Cut-off his 16 as of September 1st of the year of release.

As a note I would also not take the star ratings as objective fact. They are 1) only a staff member's opinion, which is fallible, 2) relative to your current team and depth in the position and 3) variable, for example Bogusz does not have a set potential but rather one that falls within a range, the exact number changing each time you start a new save.

Cheers,
Seb.

1 hour ago, Seb Wassell said:

Alioski has only played DL for Leeds recently, he has played WBL for Macedonia. Although I believe he is Competent > Accomplished rather than Unfamiliar here.

Alioski used to play LB for Lugano as well (and for most of his youth career I think) before being moved further forward, I'd say for sure he should be accomplished in that role.

13 hours ago, Roguienight said:

Started my save recently. My first season was not as easy as most of you guys at all. Won championship with 96 points only one point ahead of West Brom.

I also imposed myself not to buy or sell anyone for the first season. 

For season 2 I Ayoze Perez, Muslija, Rajkovic, Doku and Tonalli for my first 11, some reserves not as important and plenty of regens (figured I'll need some home grown and some players trained at the club soon). Brexit screwed me hard and I didn't get a work permit for a few players I really wanted. Spent £40m

Also sold a bunch of people, got £42,5m and some good cash off the wage bill. 

I can easily see this season will be VERY hard.

Do you guys know some staff to get? I mainly wanted 4+ stars coaches. Any recommentadion would be nice!

ps: sorry for my crap english, I'm brazilian too.

Booa! Comecei agora nesse novo patch. No primeiro patch, ganhei a championship com a mesma pontuação do vice, foi suado hahaha

Ainda não mexi nos treinos, tava organizando os salários primeiro. Pode mandar print de como estão os seus? E o staff também, por favor.

Não consegui contratar o Tonali. Foi pro Torino :'(

Você vendeu Roofe, Bamford e Alioske em alguma temporada ou ainda está com algum deles?

------------

I'm at the top of championship but I've lost my first game after 3 months and, as I know this game, a loss streak is coming.

bwt, sorry about send a message in portuguese here.

15 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Klich's a funny one. He's gone from awful to excellent very quickly, we have to be careful not to overreact to either. What would you change about him?

Unfortunately I have not rated Bogusz so cannot comment. He will have been rated by his previous club's researcher.

He is too young to appear in game at the moment unfortunately. Cut-off his 16 as of September 1st of the year of release.

As a note I would also not take the star ratings as objective fact. They are 1) only a staff member's opinion, which is fallible, 2) relative to your current team and depth in the position and 3) variable, for example Bogusz does not have a set potential but rather one that falls within a range, the exact number changing each time you start a new save.

Cheers,
Seb.

I apologize if I came off as a bit over the top in my last post. Appreciate you lots' efforts.

For Klich, the main thing wrong is that all his best roles are as a playmaker, whereas in real life, he's all about off the ball movement. He doesn't take on a high volume of passes, doesn't really construct or manage play either. He's all about moving, opening spaces, quick combinations, sideline-to-sideline, box to box. He's been pretty great all season, but since about mid-January he's been incredible. He's the Leeds player this season with the most pre-assists, which is mostly down to his 1-2 touch combinations. Worth noting that he was generally well regarded in Holland too, at a higher level.

As for Alioski, he only spent the last year of his time playing as a winger at Lugano.Was a fullback for years before that, and when he plays as a LW, he looks like a LB trying to play as a winger.  He's a poor dribbler, poor in 1v1s especially, but he's a phenomenal athlete. His idols (in his own words) are Roberto Carlos and Marcelo, which is reflective of his primary position. 

Bogusz turned down offers (according to Phil Hay of the Yorkshire Evening Post, the main Leeds journalist) from Brighton and Napoli. Big reputation. Not a big deal about his ranking though.

^^^ Obviously a good deal of this is my own observations and I don't expect them to be taken as gospel. All the best.

1 hour ago, Jamie Cal said:

I apologize if I came off as a bit over the top in my last post. Appreciate you lots' efforts.

For Klich, the main thing wrong is that all his best roles are as a playmaker, whereas in real life, he's all about off the ball movement. He doesn't take on a high volume of passes, doesn't really construct or manage play either. He's all about moving, opening spaces, quick combinations, sideline-to-sideline, box to box. He's been pretty great all season, but since about mid-January he's been incredible. He's the Leeds player this season with the most pre-assists, which is mostly down to his 1-2 touch combinations. Worth noting that he was generally well regarded in Holland too, at a higher level.

As for Alioski, he only spent the last year of his time playing as a winger at Lugano.Was a fullback for years before that, and when he plays as a LW, he looks like a LB trying to play as a winger.  He's a poor dribbler, poor in 1v1s especially, but he's a phenomenal athlete. His idols (in his own words) are Roberto Carlos and Marcelo, which is reflective of his primary position. 

Bogusz turned down offers (according to Phil Hay of the Yorkshire Evening Post, the main Leeds journalist) from Brighton and Napoli. Big reputation. Not a big deal about his ranking though.

^^^ Obviously a good deal of this is my own observations and I don't expect them to be taken as gospel. All the best.

You're right about Alioski, per Transfermarkt he played LB all of 2014/15 and the seasons prior https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ezgjan-alioski/leistungsdaten/spieler/129604/plus/0?saison=2014 https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ezgjan-alioski/leistungsdaten/spieler/129604/plus/0?saison=2013

Em 14/03/2019 em 11:07, levish disse:

Booa! Comecei agora nesse novo patch. No primeiro patch, ganhei a championship com a mesma pontuação do vice, foi suado hahaha

Ainda não mexi nos treinos, tava organizando os salários primeiro. Pode mandar print de como estão os seus? E o staff também, por favor.

Não consegui contratar o Tonali. Foi pro Torino :'(

Você vendeu Roofe, Bamford e Alioske em alguma temporada ou ainda está com algum deles?

------------

I'm at the top of championship but I've lost my first game after 3 months and, as I know this game, a loss streak is coming.

bwt, sorry about send a message in portuguese here.

Também to no patch novo. Meus salários estão em £637k/semana. No começo da segunda temporada os salários sobem muito pelas clausulas e pelos jogadores que voltam de empréstimo, chegaram a £800k/semana aqui, então vendi bastante gente pra diminuir um pouco.

Staff in:

IHUPLdE.png

Staff out

GHA98X2.png

Vendi o Bamford por £10m e o Alioski por £6,5m, os dois no começo da segunda temporada. O Roofe ainda é meu atacante titular e o Tonalli não abaixam de £30m, mas aí peguei empréstimo com compra obrigatória por £15m. Boa sorte na Championship! Não sei se pode postar em português aqui, mas continua relatando!

3 hours ago, Roguienight said:

Hide contents

Também to no patch novo. Meus salários estão em £637k/semana. No começo da segunda temporada os salários sobem muito pelas clausulas e pelos jogadores que voltam de empréstimo, chegaram a £800k/semana aqui, então vendi bastante gente pra diminuir um pouco.

Staff in:

IHUPLdE.png

Staff out

GHA98X2.png

Vendi o Bamford por £10m e o Alioski por £6,5m, os dois no começo da segunda temporada. O Roofe ainda é meu atacante titular e o Tonalli não abaixam de £30m, mas aí peguei empréstimo com compra obrigatória por £15m. Boa sorte na Championship! Não sei se pode postar em português aqui, mas continua relatando!

Ty man! My english isn't very well, but let's do it.

I need to adjust my training and staff. I'm 2nd place in championship. The championship top scorers are Bamford, Alioski and Roofe. I hope sell 2 of them to make cash and reinforce my team for premier. I've alcanced a quarter final in cup but I loose front Tottenham.

ps: srry for the last post in portuguese, I couldn't hide it.

So I've started my final save, no mass clear-out.

I have just sold Roofe though, which I'm instantly regretting but it was basically a choice between selling him for £8.5m now or missing out on Morilla at his bargain release clause price.

Signed Tonali for £6m mostly spread over installments as he's that good it's impossible to turn down signing him.

Worried about my lack of firepower, I've got Roberts and Bamford for my sole striker role, hope they can carry me through to January.

Edited by macca72

Starting my 22/23 season. Got a 11th place, 4th place and 2nd place for the league so far and last season we won the Champions League!

Got a pretty good team atm:

GK: Oblak/regen

DD: regen/Sam Byran

DCs: Rivaldo Coetzee and Lisandro Martinez/Gonçalo Cardoso and regens

DL: Firpo/Bennett

MCs: Tonali and Kevin Philips/Shackleton and regens

AMR: Jack Clarke/Doku

AMC: Morilla/Thiago Almada

AML: regen/Woo-yeong

PL: Jovic/regens

The league is sooo hard, but I really want to win it soon! I don't really expect to win the UCL soon again, but hope to do well again.

I'm back to the game! I finished my second season in 10th place in Premier. 

In third season, my team is unbelievable. I'm 4th in premier and Carabao Cup finalist (vs Tottenham). 

Base first team:

GK: Livakovic 
RB: Ayling (injury now and he won't play the final game) / Coyle
DC: Jansson 
DC: Jemerson
LB: Charlie Taylor
MC: Shackleton (won the position after Phillips injury)
MC: Tonalli
RW: Berardi
AMC: Xadas
LW: Bernard
FC: Luka Jovic

Marchin on together!

Hi guys,

I won the Carabao Cup! But my team was so bad in premier after that so I finished at 8th.

In FA cup, I was runner up, loosing to City ;/

I start this season with only two changes in first 11.

Livarola on LD and Shackleton replaced by Tielemans.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally started playing FM after a few years break.  Took some getting used to with the new layout and tactics but think I'm getting there now.

Anyway started a game as Leeds, like their style of play and the young team intrigues me.

Jack Clarke has bee immense for me so far, despite being out for a few weeks injured.

Long way to go yet mind!

Here are my results and league table so far:

be6e02282dd1c94ee1f38ec210242456.png

Results:

3c2efcc7952e9e37baab47909f5bf372.png

Tactics (found in this thread but I've tweaked the roles and settings slightly):

18ae64fe581716d82aac264fcbec9b62.png

Edited by matt_west

• 2 weeks later...
On 23 April, 2019 at 21:28, matt_west said:

Finally started playing FM after a few years break.  Took some getting used to with the new layout and tactics but think I'm getting there now.

Anyway started a game as Leeds, like their style of play and the young team intrigues me.

Jack Clarke has bee immense for me so far, despite being out for a few weeks injured.

Long way to go yet mind!

Here are my results and league table so far:

be6e02282dd1c94ee1f38ec210242456.png

Results:

3c2efcc7952e9e37baab47909f5bf372.png

Tactics (found in this thread but I've tweaked the roles and settings slightly):

18ae64fe581716d82aac264fcbec9b62.png

I could get Clarke to score and assist from Aml as IF but could never get a high rating from him. Did u have him as mar WA all season. Looks well adjusted to the role

10 horas atrás, Bigmonkey79 disse:

I could get Clarke to score and assist from Aml as IF but could never get a high rating from him. Did u have him as mar WA all season. Looks well adjusted to the role

I have him as inside foward - atk, he's had one great season (21/22) and nothing else that good, but he looks ok-ish, is english and never complains about play time, so definitely worth keeping for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2019 at 18:37, Roguienight said:

I have him as inside foward - atk, he's had one great season (21/22) and nothing else that good, but he looks ok-ish, is english and never complains about play time, so definitely worth keeping for me.

Ah yes winger attack 22 appearances so far 12 goals and 6 assists.  He's been injured a bit though.

• 2 weeks later...

933202fd564f86c4e8fdd7d0a08f1a77.png

Finally finished the first league season winning the league FA Cup Final now against Man City don't hold much hope of winning that, still  a final is  good achievement for the players.

Edited by matt_west

Just limped to Promotion in first season.  Went up 2nd, nearly did a typical "Leeds" and bottle it, but managed to sneak a 95th min equalisier to stay in the top 2. 

Been given £40 million to spend but majorly over my wage budget, probably because of all the loan players coming back, that I am going to sell.  Loads of my coaches keep getting snaped up by Spurs and Wolves, FFS.  

Any recommended signings? I have Tonali, trying to get Barco from Atlanta but need a work permit.  Struggling to get players, keep getting priced out or they join rivals.  Really frustrating, but just at start of 2nd season so got a while to go before season starts.  

31 minutes ago, MarkD83 said:

Just limped to Promotion in first season.  Went up 2nd, nearly did a typical "Leeds" and bottle it, but managed to sneak a 95th min equalisier to stay in the top 2. 

Been given £40 million to spend but majorly over my wage budget, probably because of all the loan players coming back, that I am going to sell.  Loads of my coaches keep getting snaped up by Spurs and Wolves, FFS.  

Any recommended signings? I have Tonali, trying to get Barco from Atlanta but need a work permit.  Struggling to get players, keep getting priced out or they join rivals.  Really frustrating, but just at start of 2nd season so got a while to go before season starts.  

I have just got promoted in my new save and have made some incredible signings.

Patrick Cutrone

Ruben Neves (Wolves got relegated)

Alban Lafont

Kieran Tierney

Kurt Zouma- 12 Million!

Grimaldo on loan

Origi on a free (had to throw money at him though)

Plus a few cheap Argentines- Almendra, Dominguez, Almada

All the above were signed with a minimum upfront cost and the rest spread over installments 

55 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I have just got promoted in my new save and have made some incredible signings.

Patrick Cutrone

Ruben Neves (Wolves got relegated)

Alban Lafont

Kieran Tierney

Kurt Zouma- 12 Million!

Grimaldo on loan

Origi on a free (had to throw money at him though)

Plus a few cheap Argentines- Almendra, Dominguez, Almada

All the above were signed with a minimum upfront cost and the rest spread over installments 

Brilliant stuff, will check them out, think I have Almada actually, bought him in season 1 but he only just coming to me now the window has opened in season 2.  Also trying for a lad called Brenner up front from Brazil that seems highly recommended.  

Need to remember FA, always forget about them. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished my 2nd season on my new save. Came second, first year in the Prem!

192838828_ScreenShot2019-06-19at15_46_24.thumb.png.74ca89a9fc20f62d21d02cc363757211.png

Insane, came down to the last game of the season, drew and lost last two games. Turns out my loss to Liverpool was pivotal, bloody Tonali getting a red :seagull:

55280491_ScreenShot2019-06-19at15_45_23.thumb.png.15a2f6b5f8ac180108781d829d744e9d.png

My line up below- lots of youth and promise

1580740444_ScreenShot2019-06-19at15_45_54.thumb.png.c095e919bce6a071e172dce435a782b5.png

8 hours ago, Mardy said:

Just finished my 2nd season on my new save. Came second, first year in the Prem!

192838828_ScreenShot2019-06-19at15_46_24.thumb.png.74ca89a9fc20f62d21d02cc363757211.png

Insane, came down to the last game of the season, drew and lost last two games. Turns out my loss to Liverpool was pivotal, bloody Tonali getting a red :seagull:

55280491_ScreenShot2019-06-19at15_45_23.thumb.png.15a2f6b5f8ac180108781d829d744e9d.png

My line up below- lots of youth and promise

1580740444_ScreenShot2019-06-19at15_45_54.thumb.png.c095e919bce6a071e172dce435a782b5.png

You can buy all that players in just 2 seasons?

On 19/06/2019 at 23:54, quee said:

You can buy all that players in just 2 seasons?

Yes,

All with a minimum up front cost and then spread out payments.

Wolves and Newcastle were relegated so managed to get Neves and Lascelles quite easily, Chelsea transfer listed Zouma

I also sold/released the majority of the squad

23 hours ago, Mardy said:

Yes,

All with a minimum up front cost and then spread out payments.

Wolves and Newcastle were relegated so managed to get Neves and Lascelles quite easily, Chelsea transfer listed Zouma

I also sold/released the majority of the squad

Nice second season buddy!

I am currently in Jan in my 2nd season and playing well above expectations. Did you play Clarke on the left in championship as well? He has been my best player this season on the right so far.

Your signings are all really good as well, Neves and Lascelles went for big money in my save and Tierney went to Arsenal unfortunately. I also enquired about Zouma and they came back wanting 96million haha! 

I haven't changed much to my core squad from Championship, just adding a few key signings to strengthen the team. Trincao on the left wing and Clarke on the right are just phenomenal, i signed Trincao in Jan first season and he rotated with Alioski but has cemented his spot on the left this season. I also signed Roberto Inglese as a replacement for Bamford who I sold for 10mil and he has been fantastic as well.

I am in work just now so can't screenshot my team but it is as below:

GK - Butland

DR - Ayling

DC - Cooper

DC - Souttar/Jansson

DL - Charlie Taylor (Douglas was standout in championship but fell out with me over nothing so had to sell)

DM - Tonali (Had him on loan in championship and managed to sign for 11m)

MC - Shackleton (Phillips was injured for 2 months at start of season so the spot is now his)

MC - Grealish (Villa got beat in playoff final by Brentford so got him for decent price)

RW - Clarke 

LW - Trincao

ST - Inglese

• 1 month later...

Hello all Leeds fan,

I decided to start a new last game this year with my favorite team

Currently in my third season. Promoted first season by winning the championship, 5th place second season (ahead of Man City) to qualify for Euro Cup.

Top of the premier league in third season with 2 point ahead of Liverpool in December. Qualified to first knockout round of Euro cup. 

Also, managing France and qualified to European league semi-final.

I use a very attacking 4231 tactic which proved very good so far

My line up is as follows:

GK: J. Butland, B.Peacock-Farrell, W.Huffer

DR: A.Hakimi, L.Ayling

DC: C.Montes, J.Mere, P.Jansson, Regen

DL: A.Moreno, Regen

MC: S.Tonali, D.Sow, R,Galiagrdini, Regen

AMR: J.Clarke, E.Vargas, Regen

AMC: D.Olmo, A.Soro, Regen

AML: F.Trincao, P.Morilla, M.Baeza

ST: O.Edouard, 2 Regens

All my transfers are paid. I'm not a fan of installments as it hurts my finances on the long run

One transfer to mention is at the end of the second season, AS Monace came with a bid of $30M to buy Casilla which I accepted of course

Good luck all Leeds fans

Got fm19 a few days ago and as soon as I got it I started a leeds save. Currently in december and 1st in the league, 3 points in front of 2nd. As for signings, I've only signed tonali  for 725K. Also in the carabao cup semi final where I'm due to play man city, if we win (I doubt we will though) we'll play either man u or arsenal in the final. Our first fa cup draw has been harsh to us though as out of all the teams there are we get man united :seagull: Fairly happy with how we're doing overall but it's quite tight between the top 3 in the league, there's quite a big gap between 3rd and 4th though.

Edited by lufc_jt

On 26/07/2019 at 14:10, sherifelgendy87 said:

Hello all Leeds fan,

I decided to start a new last game this year with my favorite team

Currently in my third season. Promoted first season by winning the championship, 5th place second season (ahead of Man City) to qualify for Euro Cup.

Top of the premier league in third season with 2 point ahead of Liverpool in December. Qualified to first knockout round of Euro cup. 

Also, managing France and qualified to European league semi-final.

I use a very attacking 4231 tactic which proved very good so far

My line up is as follows:

GK: J. Butland, B.Peacock-Farrell, W.Huffer

DR: A.Hakimi, L.Ayling

DC: C.Montes, J.Mere, P.Jansson, Regen

DL: A.Moreno, Regen

MC: S.Tonali, D.Sow, R,Galiagrdini, Regen

AMR: J.Clarke, E.Vargas, Regen

AMC: D.Olmo, A.Soro, Regen

AML: F.Trincao, P.Morilla, M.Baeza

ST: O.Edouard, 2 Regens

All my transfers are paid. I'm not a fan of installments as it hurts my finances on the long run

One transfer to mention is at the end of the second season, AS Monace came with a bid of $30M to buy Casilla which I accepted of course

Good luck all Leeds fans

You're doing well, keep up the good work.

• 4 weeks later...

Finished my first season with Leeds, took me ages but it was the most fun I had in this year's game. I really like the squad and it fitted nicely into a possession-based 4231.

image.thumb.png.ed4f34e6cf3623ae78e98a43e87124e0.png

image.thumb.png.dc4759f572abb5add3ae264ec516b728.png

Won the league, even though our form was very shakey in the second half of the season. 5 of our 7 losses happened after January. Jack Harrison dragged our team through this period, even though I think Jack Clarke and Kalvin Phillips deserve a spot over Alioski and Klich in the team of the season.

Crashed out of the League Cup and FA Cup in the 3rd rounds, lossing to Reading and Burnley respectively. Didn't took those competitions too seriously and gave young players game time.

The first transfer window was off, so I made do with the starting squad, minus Izzy Brown who had is loan canceled. I used the money to renew contracts for some of our young players like Clarke, Phillips, and Jamie Shackleton. In January, we made a few deals:

image.thumb.png.eb03c5ff2011cfa033da47d0a6ad8153.png

Roofe was sold after a disappoint first half to the season. I didn't plan to sell him, but when Newcastle accepted the negotiated offer I was happy to let him go. We also sold Forshaw and O'Kane, who barely got any game time behind the excellent Klich, Phillips and Shackleton.

In terms of incomings, Alexis Saelemaekers is an offensive wing back who joined cheaply after being highly recommend by our scouts. Didn't get much game time, as I preferd the more defensively solid Ayling during our difficult second half of the season. Ben Woodburn joined after Pablo Hernandez complained about being home-sick and request a leave of absense. He was generally positive and I hope to keep him for next season as well. Most importantly, we tied Jack Harrison for a long-term deal for a nothing fee from City.

Upfront, Bamford, Roofe, Roberts, and Temenuzhkov were given chance but neither was consistent. I hope our first signing for next season will help fix this:

image.thumb.png.91e13a6dbaeb7eba918314b5cf8b4672.png

19/20 Summer window is over:

Outs:

image.thumb.png.5e5715c38dd29daf7ca72026d284d028.png

Not much happening here, sold a few of the loanees from last season, Saiz, Anita, De Bock, Sacko and Cibicki, as well as important figures from last season Alioski and Klich, who I couldn't find a place for them in the Prem. Ironically, they both left to another promoted club, Derby.

Peacock-Farrell and Coyle signed long-term contracts and sent on loan. I don't expect either one to feature for us soon, but they look like they could develop into decent squad members.

Ins:

image.thumb.png.5ce46a53a04c9fc22809dba44dc58cbe.png

Erling Haland - First time I sign everyone's favorite Norwegian wonderkid, he walks into our first team, and hopefully will provide us with the offensive bite we lacked last season.

Jamal Lewis - Another youngster who will be given a run in our first team, ahead of Barry Douglas. Picked him right before Norwich won their promotion match against West Brom, which I think helped us getting him cheaper.

Krystian Bielik - Transfer listed at Arsenal, will rotate with Liam Cooper and maybe will usurp his place in the first team depending on how he develop. This was the one position I hoped to make an upgrade on, but couldn't find the right player. Went for Dedryck Boyata but his demends were too much for me. Of course he accepted a lower offer from Bordeaux later.

Tomas Soucek - I want to play with an Anchor Man this year and he fits the bill perfectly. Great in the air, mentally and defensively solid and good personality. Still young as well.

Ellery Balcombe - Surprised to see him listed at Brentford and snapped him up quickly before the end of the window. Will be given game time in cup competitions and will gradually take over Casilla as our #1 keeper.

Another deal that was finalized and not mentioned was Woodburn loan for another season. Enquired about him but Liverpool was having none of me.

First game of the season coming up, and it's obviously Liverpool at Anfield :)

Edited by TheJanitor