Round of 16: Brazil vs Mexico

PMLF

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, kpain16 said:

I wanted to ask why does such a talented player have to be such a disgusting person, but having said that I answered it myself. It's a matter of character. He doesn't have one

Nice guys don't make elite sportspeople. You have to have a certain cuntishness about you to truly reach the top.

Neymar is just especially unlikeable :D.

2 hours ago, PMLF said:

It's always like this:

2010 - Brazil is not sympathetic because of Dunga's style
2014 - Brazil is not sympathetic because they think they have already won due to playing at home and because Neymar and Daniel Alves dive
2018 - Brazil is not sympathetic because of Neymar and other players diving.

The issue is that people think of Brazil as we were in 1970 or 1982.

I've never been a huge fan of Brazil, but this is the first time that I actually don't like them. And it's mostly because of Neymar.

I actually was fine with him in his first 3 seasons at Barcelona, but it seems like the Olympic gold went to his head, Afnd the PSG move has made him more or less insufferable.

Sorry to be positive about him but Neymar's golden ball stock surely gone up after that. Brilliant assist at the end (I know Ochoa got a touch but regardless) and he was pretty great today antics aside.

Couple more performances like that in the knockouts and Brazil lifting the cup (as I suspect they will) and Neymar surely takes it on merit over Coutinho, which would be impressive after how average he was in the groups.

Neymar will never wins the 'hearts & minds' of global football fans behaving how he does. I mean, Ronaldo likes a dive but Neymar is next level.

Yes, the guy left a little something on him, get up and get in his face, there isn't a player that best fits the word 'fanny' as Neymar does.

In the slow mo replay there was even a split second where the guy did it and Neymar looked at him and you could see his mind turning over and he looks at the guy with an expression of 'oh, mate, I'm am totally going to get you in trouble now'. The pounding the ground in agony really took it over the edge. He is all that is wrong with 'modern football'

12 hours ago, G-Man11 said:

Nice guys don't make elite sportspeople. You have to have a certain cuntishness about you to truly reach the top.

Neymar is just especially unlikeable :D.

Horseshit. You don't see Kane acting like a little girl when someone breaths on him. There's no excuse for cheats.

8 minutes ago, Divinity said:

Best tell Harry Kane's teammate then. ;)

Yeah I agree. English players have dived in the past and I feel exactly the same way about that. It's a disgrace no matter who does it, though Neymar's antics go way beyond anything else I've seen at this WC. It isn't needed and it's cheating. Brazil are getting negative headlines around the world for that cheats behaviour.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44689926

There's no need for it. If they win this WC, the victory will be tarnished.

6 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

Brazil are getting negative headlines around the world for that cheats behaviour.

As long as we win the title, what the rest of the world think about us is not really important. Winning is the only thing that matters.

1 hour ago, PMLF said:

As long as we win the title, what the rest of the world think about us is not really important. Winning is the only thing that matters.

Even if it's through cheating and dishonesty? What a sad attitude to have.

2 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Even if it's through cheating and dishonesty? What a sad attitude to have.

Yes, the mentality has always been to win at all costs.

So it doesn't matter if we simulate and dive, if we win by 1-0 or 5-0, if we play beautiful football or pragmatic football. What matters is if whatever we do brings the title in the end.

People abroad have the romantic idea that we play football because we love the game, but we really play to win. This is also why our fans tend to turn against their teams if their teams don't win.

3 minutes ago, PMLF said:

Yes, the mentality has always been to win at all costs.

So it doesn't matter if we simulate and dive, if we win by 1-0 or 5-0, if we play beautiful football or pragmatic football. What matters is if whatever we do brings the title in the end.

People abroad have the romantic idea that we play football because we love the game, but we really play to win. This is also why our fans tend to turn against their teams if their teams don't win.

I find that repulsive.

Just now, PMLF said:

Different football culture.

Neymar though exaggerates even by our standards.

I think it's more than a football culture. I was brought up to respect sportsmanship, honesty, fair play. I have no time or respect for cheats.

4 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

I think it's more than a football culture. I was brought up to respect sportsmanship, honesty, fair play. I have no time or respect for cheats.

:lol:

What exactly is a cheat? I bet you there isn't a single player in the current England squad who hasn't exaggerated contact, feigned injury, claimed for a throw in/goalkick/corner that they knew wasn't there's at some point in their career to help them win. By your logic you should have no respect for any of them either.

You certainly shouldn't be going on about Spurs signing Grealish who loves to dive and milk contract...

6 hours ago, Razzler said:

I hate diving, even if our players do it but there's a whole different category for players that do what Neymar did, it was Rivaldo-esque in it git-ness.

He just delights in being an utter utter *!&@

I think some refs are starting to catch on which is why Neymar hasn't managed to get some calls, or when he is fouled, the defender escapes any real punishment.

13 hours ago, Heartwork said:

I think some refs are starting to catch on which is why Neymar hasn't managed to get some calls, or when he is fouled, the defender escapes any real punishment.

They're not booking people for it still though, that's the problem.

It's like nudge-wink, try to deceive me and if they don't get away with it, it's like 'you naughty boy' and they carry on. Not getting booked means Neymar, for instance, will do it again and again and for sure he'll be successful at some point

Archived