[FM18][MOD] Match Review Screen Mods

michaeltmurrayuk

How to Enable Different Views

For the Post Match Screen then the instructions are the same as for my In-Between Highlights Panel so follow the instructions from here you just need to edit the 'match in between highlights panel review' xml file.

For the Half-Time and Full-Time Review Screens I haven't included the extra views in the files, but if you want them you can just copy over the views you want from the 'match in between highlights panel review' file as the coding is the same, just remember to remove or comment out the existing code for that view.

The Half-Time Review screen is controlled by the 'match mid match review panel' xml file and the Full-Time Review screen is controlled by the 'match full time review panel' xml file.

How to Adjust the Size of the Panels

Again these instructions are the same as for my in-Between Highlights Panel so follow the instructions from here.

For the Post Match Screen you can adjust the height/width of these panels in game.

For the Half-Time and Full-Time Review Screens you'll need to follow those instructions to adjust the height/width of each panel but the coding to change each is the same and the files are commented to show you where the code for each panel is.

How to Change Kit/Logo & Text Sizes on Overview Screen

Again these instructions are the same as for my in-Between Highlights Panel so follow the instructions from here, further as it uses the same file as the IBH panel (if you didn't overwrite the files) then any changes made their will show here automatically.

Another great mod, thanks Michael.

I've noticed a potential issue (though it might have to do with how I copied and pasted the folder (I copied the folder and replaced the existing panels folder but I selected not to copy over the IBH files, like you said)).

The bottom right hand panel on IBH seems to be linked to the bottom right panel in the half time and post match review. If I change one, the other changes.

EDIT:

Actually, it is the bottom right panel on IBH and the left hand panel on half time/full time review.

Edited by frank_olaf

25 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

Another great mod, thanks Michael.

I've noticed a potential issue (though it might have to do with how I copied and pasted the folder (I copied the folder and replaced the existing panels folder but I selected not to copy over the IBH files, like you said)).

The bottom right hand panel on IBH seems to be linked to the bottom right panel in the half time and post match review. If I change one, the other changes.

EDIT:

Actually, it is the bottom right panel on IBH and the left hand panel on half time/full time review.

Thanks looks like some of the ids between the panels are interfering with each other.

File on site should be updated, follow link in opening post.

Or if you don't want to redownload you can fix it by locating the various sel ids in the 'match full time review panel' 'match mid match review panel' and 'match in between highlights panel review' xml files and changing them so they are all unique from the ones in the other files and the main IBH panel (which uses sel1, sel2, sel7 and sel9).

2 hours ago, frank_olaf said:

One other thing I've noticed, every time I quit the game and start it again, the panels reset to the default, they don't save the panels I've selected.

I'll see if I can fix this long-term in the mean time if you use the same panels all the time then you change the default panels, locate this code in each of the main files default_item="bmin" and change the id to that of the panel you want showing by default, which are listed on the various lines.

@parsdaft1982 Have you copied over all of the files? As that generally happens when a file is missing, if you have try reloading your skin or deleting the cache files manually instructions here: https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/

34 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

I'll see if I can fix this long-term in the mean time if you use the same panels all the time then you change the default panels, locate this code in each of the main files default_item="bmin" and change the id to that of the panel you want showing by default, which are listed on the various lines.

@parsdaft1982 Have you copied over all of the files? As that generally happens when a file is missing, if you have try reloading your skin or deleting the cache files manually instructions here: https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/

Followed those instructions and it still the same 😔. I even deleted the skin, redownloaded and copied the panels.

@parsdaft1982 I have no idea what is causing that problem then as I cannot get it to happen for me, have you downloaded or changed anything else in the skin? You can also try putting the panels folder directly into the Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\  folder instead of the skins folder and see if it works with the default skins.

1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@parsdaft1982 I have no idea what is causing that problem then as I cannot get it to happen for me, have you downloaded or changed anything else in the skin? You can also try putting the panels folder directly into the Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\  folder instead of the skins folder and see if it works with the default skins.

Tried that, still doesn't work! I guess it doesnt work on lower resolutions. The only thing i though it could be was my zoom at 95% but still not working. Oh well.

1 hour ago, parsdaft1982 said:

Tried that, still doesn't work! I guess it doesnt work on lower resolutions. The only thing i though it could be was my zoom at 95% but still not working. Oh well.

It should work at lower resolutions (tested it at 1024x768), do the drop-down menus in the default in-between highlights panel work for you.

1 minute ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It should work at lower resolutions (tested it at 1024x768), do the drop-down menus in the default in-between highlights panel work for you.

Yea, the default menus do, not installed your one but the default do.

22 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You can try installing my one in case that fixes anything, though it shouldn't need it. If that doesn't help I have no idea what is causing the problem :(

I tried That, still doesn't work. Thanks for trying to help me. I think I'm destined to go without this mod.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks great but I cannot get it to work in FM Touch.

I've extracted it correctly, unticked cache and reloaded, but on the skin selection, there isn't a new option.

Any chance you could run it in FM Touch to see if you can get it working?

Im loving these mods!

One question i do have is i have the 3 panels in the 'between highlight mod' but only the two with this mod as shown below. I am playing on 1368x768 resolution. Is there an easy way to make the right panel smaller and add a 3rd panel. I will say i'm a total noob at this though!

image.thumb.png.4642369f0b9bf5c248fc279b4b0daff7.png

Edited by Hero of the Day

16 hours ago, Hero of the Day said:

Im loving these mods!

One question i do have is i have the 3 panels in the 'between highlight mod' but only the two with this mod as shown below. I am playing on 1368x768 resolution. Is there an easy way to make the right panel smaller and add a 3rd panel. I will say i'm a total noob at this though!

image.thumb.png.4642369f0b9bf5c248fc279b4b0daff7.png

In the 'match mid match review panel' and/or 'match full time review panel' xml file depending on the ones you want changing, locate the coding that looks like this:

<!-- LEFT SIDE -->
    <container class="vertical_adaptive_container" inset="0" offset="0" minimum_width="
500" default_width="500" priority="3" gap="5">

<!-- MIDDLE PANEL -->
    <container class="subsection_box" default_width="
-400" minimum_width="400" priority="1">

<!-- RIGHT PANEL -->
    <container class="vertical_adaptive_container" inset="0" offset="0" minimum_width="
500" default_width="500" priority="3" gap="5">

And adjust the minimum_width and default_width values until you can fit them in, you can also change the gap value on this line near the top to reduce the space between the panels giving you a bit more room:

<container class="horizontal_adaptive_container" offset="0" gap="6" inset="0">

21 hours ago, Colorado said:

This looks great but I cannot get it to work in FM Touch.

I've extracted it correctly, unticked cache and reloaded, but on the skin selection, there isn't a new option.

Any chance you could run it in FM Touch to see if you can get it working?

If you are using the default touch skins there is no need to change skins if you have installed them correctly they should show up in the default skins, you just need to place the panels folder into your User Data Location which by default is:
Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager Touch 2018\

You don't need to place them in the skins folder or change skins, but you will need to turn off the skin cache and reload your skin.

4 hours ago, Colorado said:

Ah, so the panel folder just sits in the folder along with editor data, graphics etc.

I'll try this, thank you. 

On 09/12/2017 at 17:10, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You need to place the panels folder into the Football Manager Touch 2018 folder not the skins folder if using the default skin.

If using a custom skin then it goes into the Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager Touch 2018\skins\<skin_name>\ folder.

On 12/16/2017 at 18:22, HarryBrownUnited said:

Dunno why but button "Review and Share Highlight Video" doesnt work in my game (panel - match full time review). Any suggestions?

The patch changed how the upload panel works so they'll need updating, however I've been ill the last few days so they won't likely be updated until the weekend.

Mod has been updated for patch 18.2.1 - upload panel should now be working, if the button doesn't appear at the end of a match you might need to reload the skin as it seems the match feed box is overriding it (does the same with the default skins so is a game rather than mod problem). Links are in opening post.

Hi @michaeltmurrayuk

Sorry, im not so adept with all the technical stuff. Just need to clarify something.

I am already using the Match In-between highlights Mod. Awesome btw!

Is this Mod compatible with that? If so, how do I deal again with the overwriting of files, as they seem to be the same folder. Which ones to overwrite, which ones not to?

11 hours ago, Sherdil said:

Hi @michaeltmurrayuk

Sorry, im not so adept with all the technical stuff. Just need to clarify something.

I am already using the Match In-between highlights Mod. Awesome btw!

Is this Mod compatible with that? If so, how do I deal again with the overwriting of files, as they seem to be the same folder. Which ones to overwrite, which ones not to?

Yes it's compatible it doesn't matter if you overwrite the files or not as they are the same files, if you have edited the IBH panels then say no to overwriting if not you can safely overwrite them.

3 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Yes it's compatible it doesn't matter if you overwrite the files or not as they are the same files, if you have edited the IBH panels then say no to overwriting if not you can safely overwrite them.

Thanks! Very helpful!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After the game, when you go back to the FM game, if you click on "schedule" form the left hand nav, then click on the game to see the result - is there any way to stop it automatically replaying the game in the background? (I'm sure this never used to just auto play in the background?) I think this is classed as the Post Match Review screen.

Edited by stevemc

21 hours ago, stevemc said:

After the game, when you go back to the FM game, if you click on "schedule" form the left hand nav, then click on the game to see the result - is there any way to stop it automatically replaying the game in the background? (I'm sure this never used to just auto play in the background?) I think this is classed as the Post Match Review screen.

You'll need to change the views on the review page to one that doesn't load up the match report which is what seems to cause the match to play in the background - the shots and report panels are the main ones that will cause the match to load. (Overview, ratings and stats pages should be fine).

16 hours ago, Obaaa said:

Is there any way to make the kits larger on the player ratings panel specifically? I've followed the steps to make the logos bigger on the overview panel but can't seem to locate how to do the kits. 

fqsaxKe.png

In the 'match team stats review h' and 'match team stats review a' files locate this line near the top:

<container class="home_match_incidents_panel" id="Hnkp" file="match/match incidents left in between highlights" height="50">

And increasing the height should resize the kits, you may also need to edit the linked file above (not included you'll need to extract it from the panels.fmf file) as well as the right version locate this line:

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="60,-1,60" gap="10" offset="10"/>

And adjust one of the 60 values to alter the kit width (should be the first one for the kits, but might be reversed in the right file).

• 1 month later...

Hi all, there was an issue with logos in half time and full time review after the last 18.3 update.

cats2.thumb.jpg.7b3535e8173bce108bb15fc0692fd8da.jpg

If you want to change it back, just go to "match mid match review panel" panel in the skin folder/panels/match and change this value in the MIDDLE PANEL 

cats.thumb.jpg.94b1be631db5c6479bd1f77a320de55c.jpg

Or maybe @michaeltmurrayuk will have different way but this one worked for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michael, I downloaded the updated mod and everything works well same as before update but one thing is different. 

I can't see team formations when I open the match (post match review). I can see formations only if I open recent match of my own team or matches from competition my club plays. 

But when I open, for example, match from Austria (one of the loaded nations in my save) I can't see it... formations don't appear in any panel

Screenshot_1.png

Is there a way to put managers names and pictures in? 

I tried to place both manager's names. 

I succeeded to put AI team's manager's in the mod, but my team's failed.

Anyway, Thanks for the mod. This is really useful. 

@keysi Can you view the goals in that match? If the highlights aren't available for a match I don't think the game retains the formation details (you can see that the picked column is also blank in the ratings screen) does the info show up on the default skin? if not then it's a game issue and not something that can be fixed from this end, If the data showed pre-patch then it might be worth raising the issue in the bugs forum.

3 hours ago, Jovovich said:

Is there a way to put managers names and pictures in? 

I tried to place both manager's names. 

I succeeded to put AI team's manager's in the mod, but my team's failed.

Anyway, Thanks for the mod. This is really useful. 

No idea I haven't tried, though I think some custom skins might have added something like that in, you'd need to see if you can find the ids that the game uses to display the data elsewhere and see if it will be read on the match screens.

10 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@keysi Can you view the goals in that match? If the highlights aren't available for a match I don't think the game retains the formation details (you can see that the picked column is also blank in the ratings screen) does the info show up on the default skin? if not then it's a game issue and not something that can be fixed from this end, If the data showed pre-patch then it might be worth raising the issue in the bugs forum.

You're right, highlights are not available when I went back to the match. Something was changed for sure because I'm 100% sure I was able to see formations on this screen before the patch even there were no "Mentality and Team Shape"

Nevermind, I didn't post it as it's your fault, I only wanted to know if someone has it the same. 

15 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

No idea I haven't tried, though I think some custom skins might have added something like that in, you'd need to see if you can find the ids that the game uses to display the data elsewhere and see if it will be read on the match screens.

Thanks, michaeltmurrayuk. 

I tried again and again. finally I found it. 

• 3 months later...