dafuge's FM18 challenge

7 minutes ago, Swindon69 said:

From wonderkid at Real Madrid to to 23rd in the Championship.

5a3030927dce7_Martindegaard_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.70d06a3faccea450b3d8bf0972181946.png

Huh, in my game his attributes are almost identical, but he's worth 53 million and has been playing for Newcastle the last 3 seasons, who have been in the top half 5 years running and have an FA cup runner-up and a Europa runner-up while he was there.  Arsenal just paid $34 million for him this offseason.  Also his media description has "elite" instead of "unpredictable."

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Warhawk said:

Huh, in my game his attributes are almost identical, but he's worth 53 million and has been playing for Newcastle the last 3 seasons, who have been in the top half 5 years running and have an FA cup runner-up and a Europa runner-up while he was there.  Arsenal just paid $34 million for him this offseason.

His weekly wage for Brighton is almost my entire wage budget.

Had some more acquisitions other than Schneider, but I've been browsing the market for a goalkeeper, not finding much I really liked.  Did make a transfer offer for one guy but he signed with Real Sociedad.  About halfway through the preseason I found this guy - 23 year old who originally came through with Milan but was sold for $8 million to Juventus as a youth player.  Last season he started 9 matches for Juventus in the league, and had 8 clean sheets.  He does have a $75 million release clause, but, hey, whatever.

tYaFgzlh.jpg

So I've got two players in the Olympics (both are senior squad players for me), both playing for Nigeria, and they won their group against Russia, Brazil, and Japan (Brazil didn't even get out of the group).  My left midfielder (who's not even my starter!) had a goal and an assist to get a 2-2 draw against Brazil.

image.png.60b809bfd668862e09823411acfb93cb.png

Table | Squad | Transfers

It proved to be a tough challenge with Cirencester with a wage budget of 2.7k p/w and no transfer budget.
The team needed overhauling and i ended with almost an entire new team. The team struggled the whole season, only surviving relegation with a game to go.
The team was woeful at home picking up just 16 points and the defense was poor with no quality and a nutter in Rowe.
The cups were limited in progress. In the FA cup the  team conceded a 95th minute equalizer to Eastleigh when down to 9 men. They lost the replay.
In the FA trophy the team were outclassed by Hartlepool.
The lack of cup progress coupled with low attendances (averaging 300) meant that the finances are pretty dire.
The standout player was Robinson just ahead of Stephens

Staines
Season    League             Position       FA Cup           FA Trophy                 Achievements/Notes               
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   Vanarama South      19th        3rd Q Round      3rd Q Round                 Avoided relegation                            
2019/20   Vanarama South      13th         2nd Round 	    1st Round     		      None    
2020/21   Vanarama South      5th          2nd Round 	    1st Round     		    Promoted             
2021/22   Vanarama National   13th        4th Q Round 	    1st Round     		      None     
2022/23   Vanarama National   5th         4th Q Round 	    3rd Round     		    Playoffs   
2023/24   Vanarama National   17th	   1st Round 	    3rd Round     		      None 
2024/25   Vanarama National   16th	   1st Round 	    Semi-final     		      None  

Cirencester
Season    League             Position       FA Cup           FA Trophy                 Achievements/Notes               
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2025/26   Vanarama North      19th        3rd Q Round       1st Round                  Avoided relegation  

Hereford FC

2024/25 - Championship 3rd. (A new record high)

The season went better than initially expected but feels like a failure having lost 3-2 on aggregate in the play-off semi-finals.

Overall the defence was too leaky this season as some players who've been with me since the Conference days just weren't up to it - this combined with a poor run in December where I only picked up eight points left me falling short of automatic promotion by six points. I moved a few players out this season - I think that this close season will see a bigger cull - the major transfer was my first choice keeper moving on for £1.5 million.  Two of my midfielders ended up in the team of the year - the other nine were all from Middlesbrough. The hardest thing is not being able to compete on the wages front - hopefully that'll improve after the next season as I move into my new ground.

5a3158d62392a_SkyBetChampionship_OverviewStages.thumb.png.0745ab1df84390c84c762f5800c85345.png

FA Cup - 3rd Round

This was a very brief appearance - we were drawn at home to Everton who dispatched me 0-2.

Carabao Cup - 4th Round

A slightly longer apperance which saw me knock out Man Utd on penalties and the reward was an away draw to Manchester City who easily desposed of me 0-2

Top Scorer was Harvey Bradbury with 22 but Jaden Thompson-Brissett was signed in the January transfer window and finished with 15 goals in 19 games - he also topped the average ratings chart with a 7.51.

5a315b970b3d0_JadenThompson-Brissett_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.201809cce5775abe9bc077716c16e67d.png

End of season awards

5a315c9da1969_RufusMtwambe_Inbox-16.thumb.png.265e15a84273670d43129cbe89efeca9.png

First time I've had shirt sales broken down :)

5a31648e5a4f5_RufusMtwambe_Inbox-17.thumb.png.86730972f044d17b66ed032e77ab6871.png

Aims for next season - don't get relegated.

55 minutes ago, QSF25 said:

third season and i got sacked... i am not getting this years tactic

It's tough. Which is why they call it a 'challenge'. The hard part - or at least, part of the hard part - is that whoever I've started with, they always have a decent but not great first team, and no-one else. So you have to build a squad capable of surviving in the first season, and then winning promotion after that. But because everyone expects you to be relegated first season, no-one wants to join you. So it's much harder to do the challenge than to take over an established VNL N/S team. I'm in awe of those who can start the challenge and win promotion, not just first season, but the next and - often - the one after that. Brilliant management!

I'm on my third attempt with Chesham but eternally optimistic!

56 minutes ago, QSF25 said:

I am also in awe about those who can win it in the first try.

Some teams are much easier. Teams like Hereford, Billieracy and Dulwich have better squads and more fans so are richer. This means the squad dynamics are better and they can attract better players at the start.

Other teams need a whole new squad nearly which also upsets the dynamics and results in the 1st season.

I've definitely found that the trick is not to bring in loads of new faces too early... If you can get a few wins under your belt early doors some of the better players who wouldn't be interested early on become available. 

Definitely finding the second season in the VNL much tougher than last season. The league 2 clubs who dropped down are very strong. 

Untitled55_zpszzwrxrx8.jpg

League - Dynamics - Transfers - Finances

A season of transition following a horrific season in the Championship saw The Robins go back to basics and towards a more defensive 4-1-4-1 rather than the 4-3-3 formation which had been the base of success over the previous years.  The main talk  of the town was the signing of Jordan Ibe , now 33 though still better than anything ever seen at the Altrincham Stadium there was much intrigue into how he would fit into the side.  Injuries and Inconsitent form blighted Ibe's season though with the inverted winger position been given to on loan signing John Mohammed .  Mohammed originally signed to operate on the opposite flank rose to become League One's main star , claiming a list of accolades along the way.

The FA Cup can be summarised pretty quickly , one which hasn't gone down well  - First Round defeat to Non League Wrexham.  The Carabao - lost on penalties to Arsenal after a heroic display against their second XI.  In the Checkatrade , a trophy which i have never paid much interest in , there was a cup run to please the locals getting to the final though once again lost on penalties this time to Chelsea U23s. 

The cost of relegation has been high and the balance books have taken a mighty dent but its now time for attempt 2 ,  Plans for next season - Stay UP

hace 17 horas, Swindon69 dijo:

Hereford FC

2024/25 - Championship 3rd. (A new record high)

The season went better than initially expected but feels like a failure having lost 3-2 on aggregate in the play-off semi-finals.

Overall the defence was too leaky this season as some players who've been with me since the Conference days just weren't up to it - this combined with a poor run in December where I only picked up eight points left me falling short of automatic promotion by six points. I moved a few players out this season - I think that this close season will see a bigger cull - the major transfer was my first choice keeper moving on for £1.5 million.  Two of my midfielders ended up in the team of the year - the other nine were all from Middlesbrough. The hardest thing is not being able to compete on the wages front - hopefully that'll improve after the next season as I move into my new ground.

5a3158d62392a_SkyBetChampionship_OverviewStages.thumb.png.0745ab1df84390c84c762f5800c85345.png

FA Cup - 3rd Round

This was a very brief appearance - we were drawn at home to Everton who dispatched me 0-2.

Carabao Cup - 4th Round

A slightly longer apperance which saw me knock out Man Utd on penalties and the reward was an away draw to Manchester City who easily desposed of me 0-2

Top Scorer was Harvey Bradbury with 22 but Jaden Thompson-Brissett was signed in the January transfer window and finished with 15 goals in 19 games - he also topped the average ratings chart with a 7.51.

5a315b970b3d0_JadenThompson-Brissett_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.201809cce5775abe9bc077716c16e67d.png

End of season awards

5a315c9da1969_RufusMtwambe_Inbox-16.thumb.png.265e15a84273670d43129cbe89efeca9.png

First time I've had shirt sales broken down :)

5a31648e5a4f5_RufusMtwambe_Inbox-17.thumb.png.86730972f044d17b66ed032e77ab6871.png

Aims for next season - don't get relegated.

That was amaizing from your first season in Championship and I'm sure if you're capable to build on this, you'll get automatic promotion without needing playoff.

But I must say I'm starting to dislike your sabe, BRIGHTON&HOVE relegated to L1!!! My godness we're going backwards :eek:

9 hours ago, 13-gigi said:

That was amaizing from your first season in Championship and I'm sure if you're capable to build on this, you'll get automatic promotion without needing playoff.

But I must say I'm starting to dislike your sabe, BRIGHTON&HOVE relegated to L1!!! My godness we're going backwards :eek:

I was surprised they had - on paper a strong squad.

Start of the season update

Okay, so after 5 straight promotions to the Premier League with Billericay, we certainly are underdogs in the Premier League. 

With basically 0 in sponsor budget, I only have a wage budget of around 500K a week, but with very low salaries in the Championship it still gave me something to work with. I signed 20+ players during the summer, most of them young talents, some of them are actually really promising. I have been constantly pushing to get more scouts to expand the potential for young foreign talents, and its been paying off! 

11.thumb.jpg.8adb24e7cd209bb02307ae1050103fb5.jpg

12.thumb.jpg.8f2edaacd88454c68b6f84f793f1c016.jpg

9.thumb.jpg.b0ffe19a80d810bd877cf7ff6f90793d.jpg

13.thumb.jpg.bd54a7f0cbc80f297fdda1d81221dac9.jpg

In my starting 11 I have at the moment 6 players who are 21 years old or younger. It doesnt provide great consistency, but unlike the youngsters I've had in the lower leagues, these are players that can actually become key players in a side that is chasing titles in the top flight. Peirano, a deep lying playmaker bought for 800k from Nacional, has impressed me the most, averaging 7,54 in his first 9 games, providing 3 goals and 4 assists. Novak (LB) and Vasquez (CB) are young defensive talents and have impressed in certain games, but against greater opposition they have been totally ran over. Let's hope they improve with better team chemistry in defense. Richard Venås, a young Norwegian, was bought from Rosenborg for £1, and he brings a lot of quality for a low price. Operating either as an advanced forward or a complete forward on support duty, he can be a creater and a finisher. Again, against the top teams he doesnt really have the quality to influate games, but what could you expect really? 

I have brought in several other young players as well, and some of these were also wanted at bigger clubs liks PSG and AC Milan, so I was fortunate to get them. One thing I have done though, is giving the players really small relegation release clauses, so if I get relegated this year, it would be a disaster :lol:

I also bought Jamaal Lescelles from Leeds for £3,6, hoping he can be a leader in the defense. To be honest, he has not been a leader at all, and provided me with some shocking performances. So in January I am bringing in a 19 year old Polish defender that is playing for the national team. Although he is a central defender with a tackling attribute of 10, lets hope he does the trick :lol: I fear that my policy of signing young players doesn't come back to haunt me, but if I succeed, I might have a very talented team on my hands. If I succeed.....

From my first year I have been playing 4-4-2/4-2-4, with 4 defenders, 2 CM's, 2 Wingers in advanced attacking roles and 2 strikers. I have been playing direct football in both my "Control" and "Counter" formation, although this year I have taken away the Direct Play instrucution from my "Control" tactic. By doing so, I have tried to only sign players that can fit into the certain roles that I want. I play with wingers, not inside forwards, and I play with a CM (D) and a DLP (S) or BMW (S). This has worked wonders in previous years, but this year, when I meet teams that always push their full backs up it is really overloading my full backs and my wingers are not tracking back. I have tried to have my wingers man mark the opposition FB, but its not working out great. And if I push my wingers back to a flat 4 man midfield, my strikers will get isolated and they do not have the quality to operate without wide support. 

The season started off with a bang, at home to Tottenham. After around 25 minutes played, they were up 0-2. "Oh my, we are going down" I thought. We were getting ran over in every single aspect of the game! But we fought back, and with none other than Bassala Sambou, my main striker all the way from Vanarama National League. At 1-2 i brought him on and he scores to wonder goals, and we are up 3-2 to Spurs! Fraser Hornby, my other starting striker from last year, scores and we are 4-2 up. In the 80th minute we are awarded a penalty, and Bassala Sambou steps up. But as usual, he missed! Spurs took full advantage of that and scores two goals in the end, the game finishing 4-4. A bit dissapointing, but offensively we were showing some potential. 

Next game we were away to Leicester, losing 3-1. After a 3-2 Carabao Cup win over MK Dons, we beat league leaders Middlesbrough 4-1 in a fantastic game! 1-1 against Bristol City and a 0-3 win away to a very weak Newcastle side we were looking good. We also beat Stoke 2-0, but after that we have lost to Man Utd (2-5), Soton (1-4) and Arsenal (0-2). Three wins, three draws and three losses. We are looking good in attack and very weak in defense! And we are very vulnerable to injuries, our defensive depth is afwul! 

But if our young players can get to grips with the tempo of the Premier League, and I can spend some of my £20 million wisely in January, we should be able to get to 40 points! 

7.thumb.jpg.374b99bef85760615acd7295fba6ec81.jpg

8.thumb.jpg.91d7758f7097e46ec0d336724684bf45.jpg

10.thumb.jpg.002c2491c7b472e0874de8b142923bbc.jpg

My experience in my first season in the Premier League hasn't been so different than yours, 3-1-3 through 7 matches so far, we've scored the most goals and conceded the most goals.  Have 3 strikers with 3+ goals so far.

Burgess Hill Town 
Season Summary 2025/26

Burgess Hill Town F.C. logo.png
Championship
Final Position 1st

Squad - Table - Transfers - Finances - Dynamics - Board - Conf. Review - Review - Awards - Injuries - Financial Summary - Scouting Knowledge - Profile

The second season in Championship didn't hold many suprises for our little club. Board expected promotion, and promotion they got. We were at top close to all season, and with 6 games left, we were crowned champions.  Probably the most exciting thing to manage was this years boxing day - with 3 matches in 3 days. Finances took a big hit. Mostly due to increased wages in our 5.5k stadium. But also due to upgrades. Haven't recieved the nearly 6kk from end of season yet, also i have no worries and PRM will be great for making money, due to our rather low wages, and also, our new 12.8k stadium will be completed over the summer.

We had our 2 year in progress facilities upgrade, and they turned out to be really expensive. 9.25kk to complete those, and board even had to take out a loan to do it. Board also agreed to upgrade both training and youth facilities at the end of the season, following our promotion. Data analyst was upgraded, as was our youth recruiting network, which is now extensive.

The only decent player coming through last seasons youth system, was being picked up by Man Utd, as they decided to pay 4.8kk, which seems too much for Jack Branson. The youth intake from this season, seems a bit more promosing - though there aren't any star potential players. Jack Coleman seems good.

Burgess Hill can proudly announce, we are amongst the leading national team produced players! With the amazing number of 4, have we produced mighty u19 and u20 players! Mostly due to our signing of other PRM rejects. In the past few seasons, i have signed too many players and despite trying to offload some, we went on and got a few more in :D 

The Cups: The FA was a really short encounter. We drew Arsenal away in 3rd round, and lost 2-1.  In the Carabao we went all the way to the final, including getting revenge on Arsenal. In the semi final we drew 3-3 home. At Emirates we went on to win 2-0. In the final we were to play Man City. City weren't impressed that we managed to kick Arsenal from the competion and fielded there normal team of world star players and beat us 5-1.

The noteworthy players: One of favorite players Leon Beadie unfortuntely just isn't good enough for Championship level. He does however, think he is himself :D There were a few players from around the world, i just had to sign - and then hope they will get a work permit in the future. Nikola Jovanovic one one of these. Signed for a bargain price of  1.2kk and loaned him to Eibar, they paid 925K for the duration.  Titouan Arnould, another great prospect will be joining next season. Got a long contract on him as well.

We did sign an icon and can proudly present Jonjo $helvey as a new player. He wasn't being played at Celtic, whom he joined for free after leaving West Ham. Luke O'Neill free transfer from Gillingham. Only signed him due to his determination stat and to use as tutor. 

Alan Hayes GK - Had a great season. 45 games and 14 CS. Managed to fend off a protest transfer on him, and got a new amazing contract.
Rasmus Mouritsen DC - Our star defendes and new national first team player. Also managed to get him a good for the club contract.
Chris Kiernan IF - A Chelsea reject is starting to look really promising. Can see him both play IF and AF
Rhodri Bridgeman AF - Our best attacker by far. 24 goals and 5 assists in 24(12) matches. He also won young player of the year. The big clubs are getting really interested in him. He wasn't interested in renewing his contract, but luckily he had an option in it.

Season              League              Position             FA Cup               Carabao Cup   EURO                 Checkatrade   FAT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2025/26             Ch. Ship            1st                  3rd round            Final         NA                   NA            NA            
2024/25             Ch. Ship            6th                  6th round            Q.Final       NA                   NA            NA
2023/24             League One          1st                  3rd round            3rd round     NA                   Winner        NA
2022/23             League One          12th                 Semi Final           1st round     NA                   Semi Final    NA
2021/22             League Two          1st                  3rd round            2nd round     NA                   3rd round     NA
2020/21             Van. Nat.           1st                  4th round            NA            NA                   NA            Final
2019/20             Van. South          1st                  3rd round            NA            NA                   NA            2nd
2018/19             Van. South          2nd                  2nd round            NA            NA                   NA            Winner

Dulwich Hamlet season 2019-2020    

Great season. Started off hot and just kept going. Small blip at the end of the season almost cost me the title. On the last day I had to win (because Notts County was blowing out Guiseley) and we secured victory in the 88th minute. Similar late game heroics won us the FA Trophy - backup striker beats offside trap after an opposition corner and scores in the 90th minute. Exciting, awesome season. We went professional and expanded our stadium, but the cost of those unfortunately led to a canceled youth facilities improvement. Now for another total rebuild of the squad!

Competitions 1920.jpg

finances 1920.jpg

profile 1920.jpg

Season 2 is going pretty amazingly... changed my formation to a more defensive 442 and 3223 setup to cope with the more difficult teams but we still really struggled, and although results were ok i wasn't happy with the way we were playing. Seemed like we were just getting lucky... often being dominated both in possession and shots on goal. So we reverted to the successful attacking and direct 433 we ran with last season and things have really looked up since... i'm top in feb by 10 points and also having a crazy run in the FA cup... beat liverpool 4-2 at home, then drew leeds at home and smashed them 5-0 with a nice lucrative away draw at southampton to look forward to and a decent payday hopefully... also having some crazy results inthe league... losing one week then a draw and thena 7-4 against one of our big promotion rivals... hopefully we can get the budget sorted with our cup run and hang on to top spot til the end of the season.

Tooting%20amp%20Mitcham%20United_%20%20S

Anyone else getting frustrated with coaching badges? I'm constantly told by my board that they can't afford to send me on a course, but it seems they are happy to keep paying out for my staff to go on them despite me not even asking... how is it that it's 'too expensive in our current financial situation' for a manager on a 3 year contract but not too expensive for a member of staff whose contract is up in a few months?

5 hours ago, Swindon69 said:

So what do people think of the update? It feels like it's become far post manager to me.

Yeah not happy with the update, struggling to recreate that lower-league feel hoofball that worked nicely in 18.1. It's all beautiful play (I know I'm in the Championship now but still, when Millwall are producing these Barca-esque passing combinations, it feels a bit off), and lots more dribbles on the wings + crosses, although that last one maybe was too underpowered in 18.1. Even got my lazy ass to post in the feedback thread... But maybe these are just tactical issues and teething problems, let's see. I'm still winning games, but I don't like how I'm winning them, too much intricate interplay from my crappy players :p

Still pleasantly surprised at how competitive we've been in the PL so far, 5-2-5 through 12 matches.  Have home wins against Liverpool and Swansea and a home draw against Tottenham, plus a 4-2 road win at West Brom.  Gillespie is tearing it up, tied for the most goals with 9 and third in average rating.  My new 18 year old Italian striker, Luca Termanini, has 7 goals and 2 Young Player of the Month awards (Gillespie has been runner-up in all 3 months so far).  And my new 23 year old Croatian right midfielder Damir Sedlacek was the player of the month in October.

EDIT: Gillespie won Player of the Month in November.  Now alone in first place in goals, average rating, and PoMs.

Currently limping towards the Championship play-offs post patch my form has become massively erratic. I'm not hopeful as I'm playing a Newcastle team that finished 9 points ahead of me, on the plus side there can't be many teams that have scored 100 goals and finished 6th.

1st leg at home 2-2

2nd leg away 1-3

Knocked out in the play-offs again

Aim for next season - improve away form. Also going to try not to use loan signings.

Season 2 Update Billericay - National League

Promotion to League 2 has been completed -

eb4TKw6.png

Few more losses then last year but still got over 100 goals and hit the 100 points mark.

We had a nice run in the FA cup with a finance boosting away game against Newcastle -

1O6Acho.png

But crashed out in the FA trophy in the first round, though I was using mainly back up players.

Kehinde again performing excellently and developing nicely with Dominic Telford becoming our new goalscoring hero. 

I think League 2 is going to be tougher, the chairman did pump £3  million into the club (and we have instantly used that to upgrade facilities and get another coaching badge) plus we have a good wage budget, but I have continue game timeout on, so I was tabbed out doing other stuff and thus missed about 3-4 weeks of the close season/pre-season.  This meant I missed out on several potential signings, who were out of contract, so my squad quality is not what I want it to be and we'll be tackling League 2 with largely the same first eleven who won the national league.

It may not be too much of a problem though as I beat two top half League 2 teams in the FA cup and one bottom half League 1 team so we certainly can beat those teams. 

Untitled55_zpszzwrxrx8.jpg

2030-31 (UK & IRE Players Only)

League - Squad - Dynamics - Transfers - Finances

The main objective set-out for the season was survival so can't really complain how the season has panned out though a poor finish to the campaign makes the relegation trap door appear closer than it actually was.  Financially the club are a billion miles behind the more established clubs within the division though the club broke their transfer record (190k) and record outlay for a season this season (625k) in order to maintain championship status. Overall a vast improvement on my last attempt in the championship where i was outclassed and shipped 120 goals though it will take several years now to bring the club to the next stage as there is no investment coming from board level . All part of the challenge. Fast approaching my 700th game in charge i am now recognized as a club legend.

In the Cups , missed a shed load of chances and lost to Bury in round 1 of the Carabao Cup , The FA Cup was no better really losing to Sheff U in a replay in Round 3.

cham34_zpslzkkqi4a.jpg

Going to test out how much difference the ME changes have made by playing the three wee sides I've played for the last few years.

Westfields

2020 7-0

2025 9-0

2026 5-0

I tweaked the formation for this one

Pegasus Juniors

2018 4-0

2019 3-0

2020 7-0

2021 9-1

2022 8-0

2023 10-2

2024 11-0

2025 13-0

2026 12-0 (nb this included 4 penalties)

Ewyas Harold

2018 3-0

2020 5-1

2021 4-0

2022 5-1

2023 13-0

2024 18-0

2025 8-0

2026 11-0

My all time apps list as at the end of 2025/26 Season

Name Left Ov Apps
Tanganga,Japhet   270
Yari,Kian   209
Murray,Joshua y 204
Bernard,Dominic y 201
Andresson,Axel   192
Bradbury,Harvey   187
Ketchell,Matthew y 180
Twyford,Jacob y 174
DJ Buffonge y 165
Navarro,Luca y 151

Top Ten Goalscorers

Name Left Ov Goals
Bradbury,Harvey   115
Navarro,Luca y 66
Hamilton,Tyrell y 63
Thompson-Brissett,Jaden   45
Miller,Reece y 44
Zanzala,Offrande y 42
Yari,Kian   38
Newell,George y 33
DJ Buffonge y 30
Twyford,Jacob y 29

5100227_zps82yfbmuh.png

2019-20 Season Review:

Short but sweet... Unbelievable promotion at the first attempt and winning the FA Trophy as well. A good run in the FA cup saw us raise a decent amount of money so we're looking good financially. We brought in a boat load of released youngsters on a free at the beginning of the season and added a few more during the year. Some fell by the wayside but a few were super. Notably Dean Bivens, leading scorer, main centre forward and also now club captain, Cameron Hawkes and Joseph Remmer were also big players for me this season.

Richie%20Hawtin_%20%20Inbox_zps4tduvpsf.

Richie%20Hawtin_%20%20Inbox-2_zpsyj7x05y

Going to be a massive challenge to stay in league 2, but the board finally sent me on a coaching course, agreed to increase the number of coaches and also upgrade the stadium. At least it feels like we are building for the future. Lets hope we can stay in the league to match that ambition.

Archived