[FM17] The Hart Chronicles - Volume II: Adam Hart is 'Yes Man'!

PaulHartman71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13.40PM

Carl Jenkinson: OHHHH BANTERRRRRRR!!! INCREDIBLE SCENES HERE GLEN!!! YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT'S HAPPENED!!!!

Glen Johnson: What's happened Carl?! 

Carl Jenkinson: Oh it's so funny mate! A Sheffield lad has the ball in the middle and he's trying to pass it to his mate down the wing, but the young Italian fella for Carlisle, Marco Cavalli, he's come flying in and ohh you won't believe it. He's gone in so high on the lad I'm surprised he didn't get a nose bleed doing it. He's had an absolute mare! It's a naughty naughty tackle mate. An absolute cruncher. The poor Sheffield lad's lucky he ain't been crippled Aaron Ramsey style! HA-HA BANTER!!!!! 

Glen Johnson: A real mountain to climb for Carlisle. They're 2-0 down and now 1 man down and that's one hell of a mission for their players with just 10 minutes to go.   

13.43PM

Glen Johnson: THERE HAS BEEN A 3RD GOAL IN CHARLTON! And Aaron Ramsey, have Cardiff gotten the goal that will surely surely ensure their survival?!

Aaron Ramsey: No Glen it's a Charlton goal. It's Keith Griffths who latches onto a low ball into the box and he hammers it home past the keeper. 2-1. 

Glen Johnson: A tense end to the season then for Cardiff fans, as whilst Carlisle are down to 10 men, if they can somehow find 2 goals in 7 minutes and injury time at Sheffield, then will stay up at Cardiff's expense!

13.55PM 

Glen Johnson: IT'S ALL OVER IN SHEFFIELD AND CARLISLE HAVE BEEN RELEGATED!!! The away fans are not happy with their team or their manager, they looked like they were safe for much of this season, but they've lost all 3 of their last 3 games, they've unable to win in any of their last 8 matches and Adam Hart's Cardiff City team have pulled off a great escape and we're cutting to pictures of them now... only 706 Cardiff fans made the trip to Charlton, but they look like they're having a whale of a time! 

c9f83cb9c5172f371b255c0d93ff56d2.png

32f20e9dae0db4694022f8723b760b87.png

Our wage budget at the moment is £5.46M a year, which is the 22nd lowest in the league. I think we'll get a few deadwood players off the wage budget and hopefully they'll give me a few thousand a week more next year so we can improve a bit. There's a few decent young players I've had through in intakes, but since I probably won't be here long enough for them to actually become the good Championship players they may become, if clubs come in for some of them I'll probably take the up-front cash now to improve my wage budget. 

Season 33: Cardiff City

8e60fb0993c0e9bdde0597a4548616cc.png

The season has to go down as a success as they looked in quite a bit of trouble when I took over, so it's good to have kept them up, not least because I wasn't sure if they'd sack me and another relegation would've put my reputation down again. 

Squad

Our captain Kevin Roux was probably our best player, with the central midfielder an influential figure in the team. John Marriott ended up top scorer with 18 goals and 11 assists in 45 games, not thaaaat great really especially given how high his wages are, his contract runs out at the end of next summer so I'm half tempted to try and cash in this summer or just let him go next summer to get the wages of the books. Julen Vazquez had 14 goals and 9 assists in 45 games, again not great, he pops up with some fantastic goals sometimes but is fairly inconsistent, like Marriott he is also on a hell of a lot more money than he should be. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season     Club                 Division                               Position      Achievements/Other
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League          8th         Eastern Counties League Cup winners
2017/18    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League         11th         Left in November
2017/18    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League         13th         N/A
2018/19    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League         10th         Left in December 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19    Carlton Town         United Counties Premier League           8th         United Counties League Cup runners-up. Sacked. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20    Basildon United      Essex Senior League                      3rd         Gordan Brasted Memorial Trophy winners
2020/21    Basildon United      Essex Senior League                     17th         Left in November 
2020/21    Lincoln United       Northern Counties East Premier League   11th         N/A
2021/22    Lincoln United       Northern Counties East Premier League   17th         Left in December
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Swindon Supermarine  Southern League 1st Division S/W        13th         N/A
2022/23    Swindon Supermarine  Southern League 1st Division S/W        18th         Left in January
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    Trafford FC          Northern Premier League 1st Division N   7th         N/A
2023/24    Trafford FC          Northern Premier League 1st Division N  11th         Sacked in November
2023/24    Hythe Town           Isthmian League 1st Division S          12th         Joined in January
2024/25    Hythe Town           Isthmian League 1st Division S           3rd         Left in March
2024/25    Canvey Island        Isthmian League Premier Division        23rd         Relegated 
2025/26    Canvey Island        Isthmian League 1st Division N          23rd         Sacked in November
2025/26    Farsley Celtic       Northern Premier League 1st Division N  11th         Joined in January
2026/27    Farsley Celtic       Northern Premier League 1st Division N   5th         Left in March
2026/27    Stourbridge          Northern League Premier Division        21st         Relegated
2027/28    Stourbridge          Southern League 1st Division C           5th         Promoted via Playoffs 
2028/29    Stourbridge          Southern League Premier Division        15th         Left in November
2028/29    Lancaster City       Northern League Premier Division        21st         Relegeted. Sacked. 
2029/30    Southport            Northern League Premier Division        14th         N/A
2030/31    Southport            Northern League Premier Division         5th         Left in April 
2030/31    Port Vale            Northern League Premier Division         3rd         Lost in Playoff Final
2031/32    Port Vale            Northern League Premier Division         2nd         Lost in Playoff Final
2032/33    Port Vale            Northern League Premier Division         6th         Left in January 
2032/33    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     8th         N/A
2033/34    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     3rd         Qualified for Europa League via Playoff
2034/35    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     5th         Welsh Cup winners
2035/36    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     2nd         Welsh League Cup winners
2036/37    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     1st         Welsh Premier League winners
2037/38    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     1st         Welsh Premier League & League Cup winners
2038/39    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     2nd         Left in December
2038/39    Yeovil Town          League 2                                22nd         Sacked in March. 
2039/40    Salford City         Conference                              14th         Joined in October. FA Trophy winners.
2040/41    Salford City         Conference                               4th         Promoted via Playoffs
2041/42    Salford City         League 2                                22nd         Left in November
2041/42    Blackpool            Conference                               1st         Promoted as Champions
2042/43    Blackpool            League 2                                 1st         Promoted as Champions
2043/44    Blackpool            League 1                                18th         N/A
2044/45    Blackpool            League 1                                 4th         Left in April
2044/45    Swindon Town         League 1                                 6th         Lost in Playoff Final
2045/46    Swindon Town         League 1                                17th         Sacked in September
2045/46    Gillingham           League 1                                 9th         Joined in December
2046/47    Gillingham           League 1                                 6th         EFL Trophy winners & Lost in Playoff Semi
2047/48    Gillingham           League 1                                 4th         Promoted via Playoffs & EFL Trophy winners
2048/49    Gillinham            Championship                            16th         Left in December
2048/49    Cardiff City         Championship                            21st         Joined in Decemember 

Trophy Cabinet

League 2                       x1 - 2042/43 (Blackpool)
EFL Trophy                     x2 - 2046/47, 2047/48 (Gillingham)
Conference                     x1 - 2041/42 (Blackpool)
FA Trophy                      x1 - 2039/40 (Salford City)
Eastern Counties League Cup    x1 - 2016/17 (Ipswich Wanderers) 
Gordan Brasted Memorial Trophy x1 - 2019/20 (Basildon United) 

Welsh Premier League           x2 - 2036/37, 2037/38 (Port Talbot Town)
Welsh Cup                      x1 - 2034/35 (Port Talbot Town)
Welsh League Cup               x2 - 2035/36, 2037/38 (Port Talbot Town)

Just now, PaulHartman71 said:

I've never heard of Athletico Mince but I've just googled it and it looks quite interesting, think I'll have to give it a listen.

Bob Mortimer does a weekly skit of the Spurs players. You'll like it as it matches up with your Soccer Saturday stuff. the earlier episodes touched on real football stories, but now they just make **** up about Steve Mclaren, his 'fat lass' girlfriend and his pet snake Casper.  The Spurs players (Dele Ali, Eric Dier & Harry Kane).

Ep15 My Jambon Hell - is a classic episode from when Bob went to the Euros last year during the riots. he was locked up in his hotel room surrounded ham that he's bought from the local shop and his attempts to keep it cool without a mini fridge.

The flip-flop of Premier League titles between Chelsea and Man United continued, with Marcos Llorente's Chelsea side picking up the PL this season. United finished 2nd with City and Arsenal making up the top 4. The Champions League final saw Man United take on Arsenal, with Arsenal looking to retain, but it was Darren Fletcher's United team who took home the gold at the Camp Nou. 

Nothing too exciting or out of the ordinary happened up and down the Football League, but it was a good year for Altrincham who won promotion to League 2 for the first time in their history. 

Meanwhile, the Conference South was won by surprise promoted package Bideford AFC. 

a4a19b0da36022a935a99117d6396ff5.png

It's been quite a good few years for them as just 10 years ago they were an unplayable team, but in the last two years have won back to back league titles to now be just 1 division away from the Football League. I've had a look at their history and it looks like in 2044 when they were in the 8th tier they got bought out by a Japanese Tycoon, Hiroki Aoki. He's seemingly invested enough money that they now have a 6,500K capacity stadium and if he keeps putting money in who knows how far they could go?! They're certainly a club to keep an eye on as the last non-league side who got a Tycoon takeover that I noticed, in Maldon & Tiptree, got to League 2 and then just couldn't stay up and that long and have ended up as a regular Conference relegation battler. 

I've managed to convince the board to let me do my next badge, which will push me up to a Continental A Licence. They said no when I first joined as they thought I'd ditch them for a better club, that is of course the plan this time around as well, but maybe they just want to thank me for keeping them up. It will take 12 months. 

8a299f6863f72a99c48a35e142ea0a06.png

Stephan Payne was a pretty good CB but I wasn't turning down £1.4M for him, he wanted to leave for the SPL side anyway so fair play and good luck to him. Norwich came in for Danny Carey, a 16 year old who could play on either wing and as an attacking midfielder, he's a pretty decent prospect and could certainly have done a job in a few years time, but I wanted the money now. I've stuck in a clause where that 50 percent of his next transfer will go to Cardiff, so if he does develop well at Norwich and they make some money on him, at least I'll have got Cardiff a decent piece of the pie, which is good for me if I'm still here and makes me feel less bad for them if I'm long gone.

5dd8bb2c95a2538ff21381a1d41552ac.png

A fair few ins.

The most notable are:

Jiri Matejka, a 25 year old Czech right winger had just been released by Dunfermline of the SPL. He's a pretty good find especially for the wages he's on and I'm hoping for big things from him. Alexandre Nlend is a left winger from Cameroon, he's 32 and just got released by West Brom - seems a decent player and hopefully his experience comes in handy. Stephen Brown joins after being released by Falkirk of the SPL, the 30 year old is a pretty decent left back and should slot into our defence quite nicely. Reto Champod is possibly the best find we had all summer, especially given the wages he's on, the 24 year old Swiss keeper had just been released by Fulham after failing to make any appearances in the 3 years he was there. Tony Butler is a 28 year old English attacker who can play up-front or on the left wing, he looks a good player and he scored 15 goals for Brentford last season before being released, so I'm expecting good things from him.

We also got in Scott Fielding as a rotation CB/MC after he was released by Southend, with Mathys Chabert joining to play in midfield after he was released by Stoke City. We got 2 strikers in on loan, in Manuel Jesus Hornero from Southampton and Fabio Viana from parent side Liverpool. 

August

a37b2f8c3d0d6bbe84a2850d3dbae41a.png

We scraped past Oxford thanks to a Kevin Roux penalty. 

fd2475aa9422080e6ef7965b7e24566e.png

Doncaster Rovers proved too tricky a tie for us to navigate through and we're out already. 

cfc8cd4cab320a7ad78064e764577058.png

We got the season off to a smashing start with a 4-1 destruction of Charlton, this gave me sky high expectations for the season ahead, but it looks like Charlton might just be a bit pants. We got thumped ourselves in our next game at home to recently relegated Leicester, before getting two decent draws against Ipswich and MK Dons, but we ended the month on with a disappointing 1-0 loss in Brighton. 

8d042a4478c60e2dae755a522c1f5d21.png

We may well be in for another relegation scrap this season...

September

9f869925341faa8ed3b87e12615c254e.png

A much better month. I've been having trouble finding a consistent goal scorer, so I signed 34 year old striker Jake Jenkins on a free on the 9th. He's spent his entire career scoring goals in the Championship, with 168 goals to his name in his career. In his first full start for the club he got 2 in a 2-1 win at Colchester, although since then he hasn't scored, but I'm hoping he can do the business for us. We also beat Blackburn 1-0 thanks to a nice goal from winger Alexandre Nlend, who to be honest, isn't that great and I have no idea how he was a crossing stat rating of 13 because he's not great at them. Rhodri Green, a 23 year old lad who came through Cardiff's youth system came off the bench to get an equaliser for us late on at Gillingham, the central midfielder will definitely be in my good books for the forseeable future. We also got a 0-0 draw athome to Nottingham Forest, with our sole loss of the month coming at home to Fulham. 

f08ca1855fe634a11dc080bd970b3e06.png

It's still early on so you can rise up and down the table quite quickly, but I'm happy to have moved up the table for now. We certainly seem to have started a hell of a lot better than Cardiff did last season, so that's always a positive. 

Have you tried moving away from 4-4-2?  I find on this FM this works:

GK

RB     CB     CB       LB

CM      CM     CM

AMC

CF             CF

I always sign attacking full backs with pace & crossing, then box to box CM's for the outer CM roles, then central one is a defensive role.

Someones can swap 2 strikers for 2 AMC's and 1 striker.

I've not used wingers at all in FM17 on any save.

Yeah I was looking into playing 4-1-2-1-2 at the start of the season, but couldn't find a DM that was good enough. Our main problem is a lack of decent defensive central midfielders, we've got Chabert who is pretty handy, but if he doesn't play then we tend to be in big trouble. Matejka on the right wing has probably been one of our best players so far, he puts in a lot of decent crosses but people just can't get on the end of them or blow the chances which is frustrating. 

October

5cda0665febc14b92ea56fee7c25ed67.png

Not the best month, 2 draws and 3 losses. We didn't score enough goals this month, although our main issue was shipping them away from home. Losing at Leeds was the worst one was they're right down there with us and leap frogged us in the table as a result of beating us. 

47e2d0df2c475cb16f861369e5d67c9d.png

We've slipped right back down. We need to get some wins on the board soon to avoid falling any further. 

November

3c888fb681b2a181daec1929998b97ed.png

We did alright against Birmingham considering they're 4th, we almost got a point but sadly they found a late winner against tired legs. We nearly held on to a massive away win against West Brom who were top of the table at the time, but sadly again they got a goal late on, but it was a decent point from a game you'd expect nothing from. Watford are an alright team so I'll take a 0-0 draw against them. 

c5f48be8f7632c65d65add26713b7250.png

3 points and goal difference between us and MK Dons now. A lot of games coming up in December, but tbf there are some winnable games in there, with Sheffield United, Charlton and Southend at home, as well as a trip to Bristol City. We really need to win at least 1 of those games and at least avoid defeat against Charlton as it would be a big blow to lose to them.  

I hadn't followed this career for a while, bit surprised to come in here and find you in the Championship already.

I think the day you make it to the Premiership, or any other top flight (no, Wales doesn't count) you'll have deserved a round of applause from all of us for absolutely remarkable persistence and patience.

Thanks guys. I long for the day I reach the Premier League, no idea how long that will take we'll have to see. Might get offered a lower Prem job once I have my new badge I guess, although feel realistically I probably should do something of more value to warrant a PL job. I've still got Scotland loaded and I do want to get a job over there at some point, but there's just been no interest or links made so far, but hopefully I get the chance to go there at some stage. 

December

5998f9b83049366cdb389b4b80a3ed03.png

Not a great month, 2 big scoring wins and 4 losses. Julen Vazquez continues to be one of the weirdest FM players I've ever come across. There's a lot of games where he doesn't really do much but might score a goal, then every now and then when he's feeling up to it he decides to be absolutely unplayable and come away with a hat-trick. He had a game like it last year too where he was just on it, we could do with him being on it more often. Liam Lancey had absolute mare against us when we played Doncaster, as he scored not one but two own goals which helped us clinch a 5-3 win. A couple of disappointing losses to Charlton and Sheffield, as well as Bristol City and Brentford. 

11c64af279689976a09df31c25faf3f6.png

That loss to Charlton has put us right in amongst it as we're now only above them and the dreaded 22nd place by goal difference. We need to raid the loan market in January and keep this ship afloat. 

January

d4320a0ac2d83b39c0939f19e39fdbcc.png

We managed to pick up striker Luka Santini from Bayern Munich on a 6 month loan deal. We had to pay 100 percent of his wages but he's not on thaaat much. He's a very good player and was a real coupe, his contract expires in the summer but he's already accepted a deal from fellow Bundesliga team Hannover to join them, but we'll make the most of him whilst we can for sure. 

d31af4f636059d95731b9b2731137db9.png

I thought we could maybe do Doncaster after taking them to a replay, but a mid-week game after a weekend league game was a bit too much for us in the end. 

c52e5db284642c307781e567222b6e5f.png

A fantastic start to the 2050's in the league though. We pulled off 3 huge wins in a row against Leicester, Ipswich and Brighton to give us some absolutely invaluable points in the relegation fight. We also got a decent draw against MK Dons after it looked like we'd lose at the Stadium MK. We lost to Fulham but I'll let them off after such a good month. The highlight of the month was probably blowing our lead against Leicester and then going ahead again with a dubious penalty. We also came from 1-0 down to beat Ipswich 3-1 which was good fun too. 

70d72293c81b43c585668cf5d6df0b2e.png

The table looks a hell of a lot healthier with 8 points (and goal difference) between us and MK Dons, if we'd lost to them this would've been narrowed quite significantly so that was a good point in retrospect. 

February

ece6f84c83f60781e52f7f838f77c72a.png

A fairly decent month, with 3 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses. Vazquez had another one of his worldie games in what was an unbelievable destruction of a Crystal Palace side challenging for promotion. We also beat Colchester and Sheffield Wednesday. We could only draw with Gillingham but avoiding defeat against them did mean they couldn't gain any points on us which is good. 

c38540bbd6b7a3677686b3a229baa892.png

11 points and goal difference from safety with 10 games to go and we'd have to really capitulate in a massive way to go down from here. 

March/April

We only had 2 games in March so you get a special bumper update this time, you lucky lot. 

ddb0c7176781b9a851112225343bdc36.png

Of our last 9 games, we've won 3, drawn 1 and lost 5, not the best form by any means, but despite the disappointing end towards the season we've still never been in any real danger of going down thanks to our good start to 2050. 

c041a60112a6bfba9ab276e77968f04a.png

Despite our poor form we've actually extended our gap between us and the bottom, with 14 points now between us and Charlton. Our final game is an away trip to Doncaster, it would be nice to end the season on a high. 

May

71c0f40f68f4ee5cd223b08a1aa7c474.png

We ended the season on a high, with a 2-1 win at Doncaster, which saw Luka Santini get a goal and an assist before he rides off into the sunset to join Hannover in the Bundesliga. Farewell sweet prince. 

8de74659ea1912b9cc98241d42273cdb.png

17th in the end which is certainly a bit of progression from last season. I think the board are going to back be a bit more with the wage budget next season so hopefully we can aim for mid-table or more!

Season 34: Cardiff City

139ed02543808d96d29bd39b3e390ea6.png

An improvement on last year as we more or less avoid any relegation battle. I'm hoping next season we can push onto mid-table - the squad are hoping to do that too after our end of season meeting, which is an encouraging sign.

Squad

Fairly slim pickings for our best player this year tbh despite the slight improvement. It was probably Matejka on the right wing. Vasquez was alright but he's so inconsistent despite the odd hat-trick. 

Season     Club                 Division                               Position      Achievements/Other
2016/17    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League          8th         Eastern Counties League Cup winners
2017/18    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League         11th         Left in November
2017/18    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League         13th         N/A
2018/19    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League         10th         Left in December 
2018/19    Carlton Town         United Counties Premier League           8th         United Counties League Cup runners-up. Sacked. 
2019/20    Basildon United      Essex Senior League                      3rd         Gordan Brasted Memorial Trophy winners
2020/21    Basildon United      Essex Senior League                     17th         Left in November 
2020/21    Lincoln United       Northern Counties East Premier League   11th         N/A
2021/22    Lincoln United       Northern Counties East Premier League   17th         Left in December
2021/22    Swindon Supermarine  Southern League 1st Division S/W        13th         N/A
2022/23    Swindon Supermarine  Southern League 1st Division S/W        18th         Left in January
2022/23    Trafford FC          Northern Premier League 1st Division N   7th         N/A
2023/24    Trafford FC          Northern Premier League 1st Division N  11th         Sacked in November
2023/24    Hythe Town           Isthmian League 1st Division S          12th         Joined in January
2024/25    Hythe Town           Isthmian League 1st Division S           3rd         Left in March
2024/25    Canvey Island        Isthmian League Premier Division        23rd         Relegated 
2025/26    Canvey Island        Isthmian League 1st Division N          23rd         Sacked in November
2025/26    Farsley Celtic       Northern Premier League 1st Division N  11th         Joined in January
2026/27    Farsley Celtic       Northern Premier League 1st Division N   5th         Left in March
2026/27    Stourbridge          Northern League Premier Division        21st         Relegated
2027/28    Stourbridge          Southern League 1st Division C           5th         Promoted via Playoffs 
2028/29    Stourbridge          Southern League Premier Division        15th         Left in November
2028/29    Lancaster City       Northern League Premier Division        21st         Relegeted. Sacked. 
2029/30    Southport            Northern League Premier Division        14th         N/A
2030/31    Southport            Northern League Premier Division         5th         Left in April 
2030/31    Port Vale            Northern League Premier Division         3rd         Lost in Playoff Final
2031/32    Port Vale            Northern League Premier Division         2nd         Lost in Playoff Final
2032/33    Port Vale            Northern League Premier Division         6th         Left in January 
2032/33    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     8th         N/A
2033/34    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     3rd         Qualified for Europa League via Playoff
2034/35    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     5th         Welsh Cup winners
2035/36    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     2nd         Welsh League Cup winners
2036/37    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     1st         Welsh Premier League winners
2037/38    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     1st         Welsh Premier League & League Cup winners
2038/39    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     2nd         Left in December
2038/39    Yeovil Town          League 2                                22nd         Sacked in March. 
2039/40    Salford City         Conference                              14th         Joined in October. FA Trophy winners.
2040/41    Salford City         Conference                               4th         Promoted via Playoffs
2041/42    Salford City         League 2                                22nd         Left in November
2041/42    Blackpool            Conference                               1st         Promoted as Champions
2042/43    Blackpool            League 2                                 1st         Promoted as Champions
2043/44    Blackpool            League 1                                18th         N/A
2044/45    Blackpool            League 1                                 4th         Left in April
2044/45    Swindon Town         League 1                                 6th         Lost in Playoff Final
2045/46    Swindon Town         League 1                                17th         Sacked in September
2045/46    Gillingham           League 1                                 9th         Joined in December
2046/47    Gillingham           League 1                                 6th         EFL Trophy winners & Lost in Playoff Semi
2047/48    Gillingham           League 1                                 4th         Promoted via Playoffs & EFL Trophy winners
2048/49    Gillinham            Championship                            16th         Left in December
2048/49    Cardiff City         Championship                            21st         Joined in Decemember 
2049/50    Cardiff City         Championship                            17th         N/A

Trophy Cabinet

League 2                       x1 - 2042/43 (Blackpool)
EFL Trophy                     x2 - 2046/47, 2047/48 (Gillingham)
Conference                     x1 - 2041/42 (Blackpool)
FA Trophy                      x1 - 2039/40 (Salford City)
Eastern Counties League Cup    x1 - 2016/17 (Ipswich Wanderers) 
Gordan Brasted Memorial Trophy x1 - 2019/20 (Basildon United) 

Welsh Premier League           x2 - 2036/37, 2037/38 (Port Talbot Town)
Welsh Cup                      x1 - 2034/35 (Port Talbot Town)
Welsh League Cup               x2 - 2035/36, 2037/38 (Port Talbot Town)

Man United had a fantastic season, with Darren Fletcher taking home 6 trophies this season as he won every competition he was in, except the Champions League, which was won by Bayern Munich's Vedran Corluka. A huge season for Danny Welbeck's QPR side, as they finished an impressive 3rd place behind Chelsea and just ahead of Arsenal. Man City finishing 5th was the trigger for Davy Klaasen to get the sack, he was replaced by Atletico Madrid manager and ex-City man, David Silva. Marcus Llorente ditched Chelsea to take the vacant Juventus job, whilst Benfica's manager, Neymar, heads to the Premier League for the first time to step in as Chelsea boss. 

Swansea won promotion back to the Championship at the first time of asking, which means we'll get the Welsh Derby next season which should be good fun. Crawley and Port Vale were relegated from League 2, with Bury and Yeovil getting promoted. Bideford finished in 9th place in their first season in the Conference, which wasn't all that bad as they were only 7 points off of 2nd place. 

The World Cup was won Spain who beat Argentina in the final in Beijing. The winning manager was 70 year old Xavi, who added a World Cup with Spain to his impressive managerial CV, which also included a La Liga and Champions League with Barcelona. He picked this moment to bow out in style, so fair play to him. Jermain Defoe's England team went out in the 2nd Round to Portugal, he left the role and has now been replaced by former Sevilla, Man City and Monaco manager, Wes Morgan.  

Youth prospects/intakes is not something I've particularly focused on at all throughout this save, as the vast majority of sides have had poor youth set-ups and I've never expected to be anywhere long enough to make use of them anyway. There were a few decent ones at Port Vale but I never went into too much depth about them. However, Cardiff have an absolutely fantastic youth set-up and we've got 3/4 youngsters who are decent enough to be on the fringes of the first team for the upcoming season: 

Will Ellis is a decent looking CB who can also cover at RB and LB which makes him a fantastic choice as a versatile back-up member of the squad. He spent the second half of last season on loan at feeder club Eversley & California who are in the Conference South, he got on reasonably well there for someone so young so hopefully he can kick on some more this year. 

Curtis Harrison is a 20 year old keeper, he's got a few stats that I'm not massively keen on, but he's alright enough to be our 2nd choice keeper and I think one day he could be at least a very good keeper for a Championship side, possibly even play in the Premier League if he kicks on a lot. 

Craig Young will probably get the least amount of chances out of all 4 of these prospects due to the bigger queue in-front of him, but he's another one who could make it, some of his stats are pretty exciting. 

Neil Wilmot is the most exciting out of the 4. He's still only 16 and the central midfield player could one day play in the Premier League I think, he's also versatile enough to cover on the right and the left, which again makes him a very useful squad member. He's been the player we've had the most amount of offers for, it's only the middle of July and we've already had a whole range of clubs including Celtic, Aston Villa and Southampton putting in bids for him, he hasn't had his head swayed just yet so hopefully we can hang onto him. 

22 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Who are Eversley & California?

49e1c93b937b91dc3553c97755cbddd6.png

They're a team based in Hampshire made up of the villages of Eversley and California. Just 8 seasons ago they were an unplayable team in the 10th tier, but 4 promotions in 5 years soon saw them wind up in the Conference South, their progress up the pyramid has stalled a bit in recent years, but in fairness they've finished in the Playoffs the last few years and narrowly missed out. What makes their rise impressive is that they've never had a tycoon and in 2047 they actually went into administration, which appears to have been an unfortunate consequence of building a new 3,000 capacity stadium. 

I'm not hugely sure how they've managed to get a parent club deal with Cardiff as it's not as if we're particularly close to Hampshire, but they've had it since before I joined and it's been a reasonably decent place to send some of our young players so no real complaints from me!

Transfers

d23f744478d3f65c95cc5f2ac5a7be09.png

The most notable departure sees CB Jamie Sanders leave for Fulham for just under a million pounds. He was a good player but I wasn't turning that down. Nyran Roberts, a young DM/CM prospect left for Dunfermline as he was desperate to go, he was an alright player but we've got better prospects in that position coming through anyway. Nlend didn't impress me much so I let him go for a small fee to France to get him off the wage bill. 

c46b541fa147241fb6b49a19796e6b18.png

Yannick Afougou joins on a free with the hope of getting us some goals, on £18K a week he better. He does have good stats though and he's valued at 9.5M which looks fairly promising. He's spent the last 5 years plying his trade in Ligue 2 for Stade Brestois, he got 77 goals in 183 league games which isn't too bad, last year he 21 in 36 games, so if he can translate that to the Championship that would be great. Krzysztof Jacek is a new CB who has signed for us after being released by Brondby in Denmark, he's 29 and has 20 odd caps for Poland so he's a fairly decent coup for a mid-tier Championship side like us. Mark Nicholls is a new CM who comes to Cardiff after having been let go by Watford. The other players all join as rotation or back-up options. I terminated Fabio Viana's loan with us last year in January because I thought he was **** and wasn't using him, but Liverpool offered him to me and I felt I should probably take it as I was worried if I didn't make use of our partnership they might bin us off. He managed to get 5 in 12 goals for Boavista in the Portuguese Premier League last year after joining them following our termination, so maybe he's not that bad and I can give him a bit of a chance again. 

August

54e0cf1e05456a67cc7277a0946b9665.png

A goal from new boy Afougou got our League Cup campaign off to a winning start. I've used the tournament this year to play rotation players as well as giving starts to our promising young players, so I was pleased to see them get a win against Shrewsbury, albeit with Afougou playing to get used to English football. 

4c892e4f192173b4e5c6f2e08929b021.png

Maybe it was a bit stupid to play the 2nd string and kids away to a lower Prem team, but we were better than the 5-1 scoreline suggests. 2 of the goals came from worldie 25 yard free-kicks and there's not a massive amount you can do about those. It was valuable experience for the youngsters though even if we did get battered. 

18fa2033556ca608adabd84afe84aacd.png

Afougou got off to a promising start and overall I think we did reasonably well, with 1 win, 3 draws and 1 loss. We haven't kept a clean sheet yet but we've been scoring goals, it's hard to tell what sort of level we'll be at this season but we do seem to be playing a bit better than usual and have more of a goal threat. 

b7a71aac3ff718e5a4a4e4652ad6ef8e.png