FM17: Everton - Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

IUsedToBeGreat

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, guster73 said:

Is it just me or do Everton have no money in the first season? In January, haven't bought/sold anyone, and we're about £20 million in debt. Where's the Moshiri money?!

Yup I alluded to this in my post. You get a lot of money in the first season but there is a huge debt which needs to be serviced and therefore in future seasons the funds are limited compared to what you would get even for similar status clubs such as Southampton. Part of the challenge imho

On 15/12/2016 at 15:50, guster73 said:

Is it just me or do Everton have no money in the first season? In January, haven't bought/sold anyone, and we're about £20 million in debt. Where's the Moshiri money?!

Everton are loaded compared to the 1.9Bn debt ive got the club into :D

On 15/12/2016 at 15:54, MANUMAD said:

Yup I alluded to this in my post. You get a lot of money in the first season but there is a huge debt which needs to be serviced and therefore in future seasons the funds are limited compared to what you would get even for similar status clubs such as Southampton. Part of the challenge imho

Does certainly make it a challenge, but pretty unrealistic considering how things are likely to be going forward in real life. Especially with the recent news that Moshiri has cleared all the club's debt, so no more interest payments etc to service.

Im struggling in my 2nd season.  My 3-4-1-2 was working well but not anymore.  I didn't make it out of the group stage in the CL.  I'm at the end of November and sitting in 9th.  Gonna switch my formation for a bit and see if we can turn this around.

EVERTON ARE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!! Stayed up way too late to finish season 3 but my was it worth it. Our valliant league effort was in vain against a pretty much unstopable Man U but our cup performaces more than made up for it. A third sucessive FA cup was secured by way of a quite frankly ridiculous final but that only served to give the squad huge confidence ahead of the Champions League final against reigning champions Juventus. a tght, even game was settled in the 80th minute with a strike from wonderkid Nole, only playing because of a training injury to Lukaku. Unbeleuvable scenes at the San Siro and just reward for a fantasti semi final victory over Man U to gain revenge for their league form. Squad wise, captain Baines was utterly immense all season, Zouma more than justified his £53m transfer fee and Janaury signing Depay chipped in with some crucial goals. Pre season could be intereseting as Bazoer is wanted by City and Barca and has a £48m release clause and wont sign a new contract but there are plenty of top players now interersted in cming but the wage budget is going to be an issue

bnhcg.png

champsleague2.png

run in.png

squad.png

table.png

15 hours ago, xtradj said:

Not sure why Everton are in debt in the game as it's all been cleared. Clearly has not been researched properly

A large amount of Evertons debt was cleared in the last data update. The Prudential mortgage debt was cleared which just leaves the finch farm debt (we are still renting) and latest vibrac loan in the game.

When the data was locked down much information wasnt public knowledge such as Moshiris interest free loan or the latest accounts.

You are intitled to your opinion but it's not true.

7 hours ago, ting2004 said:

A large amount of Evertons debt was cleared in the last data update. The Prudential mortgage debt was cleared which just leaves the finch farm debt (we are still renting) and latest vibrac loan in the game.

When the data was locked down much information wasnt public knowledge such as Moshiris interest free loan or the latest accounts.

You are intitled to your opinion but it's not true.

When was the last data update? September wasn't it?

There is no finch farm debt. We sold it and simply rent it.

As far as I'm aware there is no vibrac loan. The only loan we had was the prudential one until 2026 and one with JG holdings, which was secured against the premier league money and paid off the overdraft interest from Barclays. These I believe we all paid off with an 80m interest free loan from Moshiri

Therefore the only debt should be 80m loan to moshiri which is interest free, and whatever the monthly repayments are on the Barclays overdraft (covered by tv money)

No other debts exist and should be updated for the new data update

There was a loan facility agreed in august this year which can be used as part of the new stadium but this has not been drawn on. Yet.

7 hours ago, xtradj said:

When was the last data update? September wasn't it?

There is no finch farm debt. We sold it and simply rent it.

As far as I'm aware there is no vibrac loan. The only loan we had was the prudential one until 2026 and one with JG holdings, which was secured against the premier league money and paid off the overdraft interest from Barclays. These I believe we all paid off with an 80m interest free loan from Moshiri

Therefore the only debt should be 80m loan to moshiri which is interest free, and whatever the monthly repayments are on the Barclays overdraft (covered by tv money)

No other debts exist and should be updated for the new data update

There was a loan facility agreed in august this year which can be used as part of the new stadium but this has not been drawn on. Yet.

Pretty sure ting was referring to the JG loan when he said Vibrac - essentially the same thing, just with a different company - what previously came from Vibrac is now being provided by JG.

As for Finch Farm, there's an element of confusion. The game doesn't have a way of representing the rental of training grounds, so this is listed as a "debt", but the overall effect is just the same as paying the rent that we do really pay.

The £80m loan wasn't known about last time the data was updated - it's only become public knowledge in recent weeks.

1 hour ago, TopToffee said:

Pretty sure ting was referring to the JG loan when he said Vibrac - essentially the same thing, just with a different company - what previously came from Vibrac is now being provided by JG.

As for Finch Farm, there's an element of confusion. The game doesn't have a way of representing the rental of training grounds, so this is listed as a "debt", but the overall effect is just the same as paying the rent that we do really pay.

The £80m loan wasn't known about last time the data was updated - it's only become public knowledge in recent weeks.

Exactly, the finch farm 'debt' is essentially the same as paying rent. Just represented differently in the game.

One reason why Everton struggle financially in the game is because of the high transfer budget and low cash balance. All should be updated for future updates.

34 minutes ago, ting2004 said:

Exactly, the finch farm 'debt' is essentially the same as paying rent. Just represented differently in the game.

One reason why Everton struggle financially in the game is because of the high transfer budget and low cash balance. All should be updated for future updates.

Thought so.

The cash balance IS the one thing that it seems should have been changed prior to release though, I'd say - we're still represented (in balance terms) as being in the same unstable situation we used to be, which hasn't really been the case for a while, even before Moshiri (who's been around since Feb)

I have tried Everton two or three times before on FM17, with no luck. So this time I decided to try something new. I would play a 41212 with ball much of the ball, and give a lot of the youngsters big roles in the team. I decided to give one of the MC-positions to Tom Davies/Liam Walsh, a poacher-role to Dominic Calvert-Lewin, first keeper to my first signing Jordan Pickford and a CD to my second signing Jamaal Lascelles. Because of the tactical decision a lot of players did not fit my team. These players were told they have no future at the club already in august-16:

-Oviedo, Fures Mori, Gibson, Mirallas, Bolasie, Deulofeu, Rodriguez, Robles, Kone, Besic Cleverley, Lennon and Browning.

In came:

-Pickford, Lascelles, Ryan Woods, Adeniran, Tierney, Onomah

It was real fun watching Calvert-Lewin taking on the Premier League, starting with two goals in his debut. He ended at 19 goals for the season, but he has not really improved at all in his stats. But as long as he scores goals, I am happy. Any one else had any luck with him?

I am having a lot of fun with this save and will continue building on the youth I now have at the club. I am hoping for my first team in the future to look something like this:

-Pickford, Holgate, Thierney, Gallaway, Lascelles, Davies, Walsh, Adeniran, Onomah, Calvert-Lewin, Tarashj

PS: We ended 8th in the league, won the League Cup final 6-1 against Man City(reserves) and lost FA-cup semifinal against Man Utd.

Tactic and first team:

Skjermbilde 2017-01-08 kl. 22.27.20.png

A few player performances:

Skjermbilde 2017-01-08 kl. 22.26.16.pngSkjermbilde 2017-01-08 kl. 22.26.07.pngSkjermbilde 2017-01-08 kl. 22.25.59.png

I came 3rd in the league first season and it champions league but noticed I am due to fail Financial Fair Play regulations with my wages and I am £500k under my budget with a transfer budget of £75M

Anyone else had this problem?

I could have a bit of a clearout but was wondering if sponsorship increases to cover it?

Sold Lukaku after first season. Bought in Kasper Dolberg and Moussa Dembele (SC) to replace him. So now I have Dolberg, Dembele, Tarashj and Dom Calvert-Lewin fighting for 2 spots. Do you guys think these strikers are good enough already the second season for a respectable finish in the league?

After a dismal 2nd season (finished 7th, out of the champs league at the group stages and both cups early) I am starting season 3 with a big overhaul. I am crying out for a right back though having had a squad crisis and deciding that £45 mil for a 29 year old Coleman was too much to turn down - Pedro Pereira could be on his way though for a daft transfer of £35 mil plus 40% (I never do that) sell on!

I am probably light in midfield as well - but have decided that I need to push some of the promising younger players I have accumulated  over the last 2 season through...

It will either be great or a great disaster!

Season 3 Ins and Outs.jpg

Squad 1.jpg

Squad 2.jpg

Squad 3.jpg

1 minute ago, nextqprmanager said:

Yeh I would say you need a MC

btw did you get the wrong Deli Alli?

Hahaha - I dont even recall signing him - I am basically sweeping up all the talent in the lower leagues based on my scout/director of football reports - defo a dodgy regen that one! (he came from MK Dons as well)

I have just had a go at signing - Danilo Cataldi from Lazio... it will be a race to see whether I get him and  Pedro Pereira or whether the skinflint board wont let me have the money for both! 

so I was wondering why my sweep of the lower/foreign leagues with my scouting network I had worked hard to establish and my format of only signing the 4.5/5 star rated players (especially taking into account Steve Walsh's feedback) was NOT reaping the dividends I had hoped for e.g. constantly being said at press conference that it was thought you had overpaid for players and performances that were pretty low... I cracked and decided to FM Scout* my squad nearly EVERYONE I had brought in was below the golden 140 pa mark - Ive wasted quite a lot of £ - How come scouting is so out? Or is it that FM scout (the freebie version just lays with you...

I am not sure I will renew Steve Walsh at the end of the season!

* I have removed FM Scout now 

I've started as Everton on FM Touch (standard FM doesn't run quick enough for my liking on my PC) and loving it. Bought in a couple of key signings at the start of the first season bringing in Donnarumma for £18m, Belotti for £12m and probably my best signing - Domagoj Vida for £11m. Vida is one of the best players I've used on this years FM. He's an incredibly versatile defender that can play anywhere across the back 4 with his natural position being CB. He has excellent physical stats, coupled with strong heading, marking and tackling, a great work-rate and determination, he's brave, he's a good leader and his positioning is superb. His value has sky-rocketed up from the £11m transfer fee to £21m and there is already interest coming from City. Definitely worth a look if you're on the hunt for a defender.

2/3 of the way through the 1st season and it's been a successful one so far. Won the League Cup to guarantee European football for next season and currently sat 7th in the league. Top 4 are currently United-Tottenham-Arsenal-Southampton with Liverpool in 5th, City in 6th and Chelsea one spot below me in 8th. Looking likely I'll finish in my current position of 7th, which TBH, I'm happy with. We've had 1 bad run of results, which if we can avoid that next season we could easily manage Top 4.

So as it stands my strongest XI is:

----------------------------Donnarumma--------------------------

---Coleman-------Vida----------Jagielka-----------Oviedo----

-------------------------------Gueye-------------------------------------

--------------------McCarthy--------Barkley---------------------------

-----Deulofeu-----------------------------------------Bolasie------------

--------------------------Lukaku/Belotti----------------------------------

Only real surprise there is Oviedo in at left back. I started the season with Baines, but he picked up an injury and Oviedo filled in and was superb. From his 10 starts he has an average rating of 7.45 with 2 assists and a goal compared with Baines who's averaging 7.00 with no assists and 2 goals from penalties. Oviedo's been class.

Into my second season now and I made some big summer moves, selling on 7 players for £85m before spending £84m strengthening the team. I sold:

Gerard Deulofeu to Man Utd for £27.5m (rising to £39m) - Didn't want to sell but the offer was too good and he wanted out.
Niasse - £3.2m to Bastia
Muhammed Besic - £4.4m to Marseille
Brendan Galloway - £1.8m to Wolves
Andrea Belotti - £45m to Bayern - Again, didn't really want to sell but the offer was just too good to resist and he wasn't amazing first season. I'll take the profit.

I then strengthened the side bringing in:

Christian Espinoza - £6.75m from Villarreal: Straight replacement for Deulofeu - pacy, technical winger with good crossing and dribbling
Mohammed Elyounoussi - £7m (rising to £8.75m) from Basel: Was weak on winger back-ups last season so another talented, pacy winger
Youri Tielemans -  £17.25m from Anderlecht: A staple of FM saves. Gives a bit of extra creativity in the midfield and is a potential superstar
Moussa Dembele - £9m from Celtic: Replacement for Belotti, young, talented striker to rotate with Lukaku
Mauricio Lemos - £6.75m from Las Palmas: A defender brought in to inject some youth into an ageing centre of defence. Lemos is very highly rated with huge potential
Memphis Depay - Loan from Utd: Injuries to Bolasie, Espinoza, Elyounoussi and Lennon meant I needed an emergency winger. Depay was available on loan and fit the bill perfectly
Rafik Zekhnini - £1.3m from Odd: Yet another winger, but this time a very young one. Zekhnini comes very highly rated and is a definite one for the future
Andre Horta - £32.5m from Benfica: Biggest signing of the window, Horta was bought in on Deadline Day as I had a bit of cash spare and wanted another wonderkid. Comes very highly rated, has amazing all-round stats for a 20 year old and looks set to become a sure-fire superstar of world football. Delighted with that signing.

So, with those transfers made, this is now my strongest XI:

Screen_Shot_2017_01_26_at_10_38_46.png

Loving that line-up and have very good depth in so many positions. Started well too, sitting in 4th after 10 games. Might not be title contenders this season, but with the amount of young talent in the squad I'd be amazed if 2 years down the line we weren't a Champions League team. Really excited to see how Horta develops. I hope we get to keep him for a good few seasons before he demands a move to one of the big boys, as he could end up being one of the best players in the game. In Donnarumma, Lemos, Horta and Dembele we've potentially got the best players in their respective positions in 5 years time, some incredible young talent.

1 hour ago, nextqprmanager said:

Danm2501, Look to be great signings

Horta 32.5M though alot of money, all relative though

Agreed, it is an awful lot of money, but my scouts rate him incredibly highly with immense potential. He's already performing too, 7.28 average rating from from his first 12 appearances. Playing the long game with him, reckon by 2020 he'll be one of the best midfielders in the game. We shall see!

Just got a board confidence update through so thought I'd check what they think of my Transfer Activity and they mentioned something about Belotti's performances for Bayern mean the club should regret selling him. So thought I'd have a little look and see how he's getting on, and oh wow. 6 games, 10 goals, 2 assists, average rating of 8.12. If he'd done that for me I wouldn't have sold him, got half as many goals as that for me in 28 apperances!

Hi guys! As mentioned previously, Everton has some debt problems but has a great transfer budget in the starting window! How´s the financial situation later on? Can you spend the money and expect to get a decent transfer kitty in the following seasons or do you have to spare some money from the first season?

9 hours ago, Captain Funk said:

Hi guys! As mentioned previously, Everton has some debt problems but has a great transfer budget in the starting window! How´s the financial situation later on? Can you spend the money and expect to get a decent transfer kitty in the following seasons or do you have to spare some money from the first season?

I get decent wedge every year yes - season 3 and Kenwright has gone and a new Chairman has come in and all demands are being accepted - Youth investment, Training facilities, bigger (but not new) stadium and affiliated clubs

Just finished my 2nd season and what a season it was. Started okay, was sat 4th after 15 games but after that the guys put the accelerator down and we went on an incredible run. Lost a couple of key games, but this is how the season finished:

Screen_Shot_2017_01_30_at_15_37_53.png

Unbelievable really. We were bang average in the first season so to come back and win the league in the 2nd is ridiculous. The key was our attacking. We were incredible going forward. Moussa Dembele was the signing of the season. Took a few games to get going, but here is his record at the end of the season:

Screen_Shot_2017_01_30_at_15_38_20.png

He swept up every award other than top scorer (that was won by Icardi for Arsenal). He won Footballer of the Year, Young Player of the Year, Players Player and Players Young Player. 

Another superstar signing was Andre Horta. He was absolutely superb as an Attacking Playmaker in the centre of midfield. Season average rating of 7.52 with 6 goals and 7 assists and then he went to the 2018 World Cup with Portugal and absolutely dominated. Won Player of the Tournament and the Golden Boot with 5 goals, this kid is going to be the best player on the game in 2 years, no doubt. His partnership with Barkley was a joy to watch. 

Not made many signings going into the next season as of yet. Depay has gone back to United after his loan spell so replaced him with the free transfer signing of Dries Mertens and then replaced the out of contract Aaron Lennon with Adnan Januzaj (also on a free). Have my eye on N'Golo Kante to add some more depth to the DMC position but looking unlikely that he's going to be interested. 

Lovely stuff - I am fighting for my job at the minute - I just cannot seem to get this squad going - I decided against Dembele in season 2 and am struggling to keep Lukaku - I have just lodged a bid with him - for £30 mil

I dont even think I have the money but hey!

I didn't have the money for him - I have changed my tactic to a 1-4-2-3-1 and have had 4 good wins in the spin - I'm up to 7th realistic I can push for 4th BUT...

Just signed Hendrix from City - I need Centre Backs though... 

Also I'm really struggling with the scouting - Everyone is coming back a 4* plus rated player - Sean Long for instance at Cambridge - came in at 3.5 star rated right back - aye, aye I've got the new Coleman here... reality is he is the new Alec Cleland... 

Didn't get Kante in the end, didn't want to move to a lower rep club, heh. Enjoy finishing 10th at Chelsea. My big signing was instead Joshua Kimmich from Bayern. On stupid wages, something like 170k a week, but looks incredible, especially for his age. Now means I have the Kimmich-Barkley-Horta midfield of dreams. Loving this squad so much.

Hi Guys

Just to post regarding my Everton save.

I identified the midfield's pace and energy as a major problem initially as well as defence and goalkeeper.

In

Bazoer

Maia

Horn (exploited min fee release clause)

Kuki

Walker-Peters (loan)

Out

Lennon

Gibson

Robles

Cleverly

I struggled initially getting smashed away to Watford a particular low point as well as a 3 - 0 drubbing at home against Arsenal (back to back results). Considering I spent quite big I was under pressure after 6 games placed 15th on the table. Barkley had also broken his ankle and was out for 2/3months. I continued to stay patient and tweaked my formation/s as best I could after reading quite a bit of Cleon's threads regarding role suitability and relooking at my passing game. I also started dramatically limiting my opposition instructions - in the past i used a whole lot on many players - now I limit it to tight marking on some attacking players and showing them onto weaker foot as well as hard tackling on some soft South Americans ;) Suddenly things came together after a relatively kind run of games as well as a superb 3 - 1 win at home v Liverpool. I'm now up to fifth on the table, but have some very tricky fixtures against Utd and Tottenham to come. I'm almost certain to slip down the table but I hope not too dramatically.

I desperately need to shore up my defence in the transfer window - any suggestions? Would Tin  Jedvaj get a work permit?

I'm also have a bit of trouble with Deulofeu and his agent - he wants a new contract (dreaded PSG swooping) but wants to build in a min fee release clause of ONLY 27 million. I'm not signing off on that. Any suggestions to get that written out the contract?

My starting team if all fit.

-----------------------------------------------Lukaku (target -sp)----------------------------------------------------

Delofoue (inside f-sp)---------------------------------------------------------------------Bolasie (winger-at)

--------------------------------------Barkley (ap -attack)------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------Bazoer (dlp - sp)--------------------------------

-------------------------------------------Maia (bwm - df)------------------------------------------------------------

Baines (wb - df)-----------Williams (df -stop)-----Jagielka (df -cover)------------Coleman (fb - at)

-----------------------------------------------Horn (sk -at)-------------------------------------------------------------

General Instructions

Passing - short

Closing down - often

Retain possession

Play out defence (often use exploit flanks if I think it may be a weakness)

I also have a number of player instructions for almost every player.

Any advice will be great. Particularly how to set up against Utd - my next game as well as good CB to sign that won't break the bank.

35 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Regarding the min fee for Deulofeu... has he locked it in? if not just exclude it using the drop down menu and you should be able to negotiate without it.,

If it's locked in... you'll have to cancel negotiations and try again later on down the line.

I'll be honest I offered him a deal and then only after realised I had allowed for a min fee release clause in my intiial offer. So I changed the contract offer twice and the agent then pulled the plug on it and fortunately Delefeou didn't lose morale or become despondent. I will renegotiate again and make sure I write it out of the contract the next time.

Any thoughts on a quality, but affordable CB? Would Jedvaj get a work permit? Or is he another Rajkovic....

• 3 weeks later...

I just started a save on my laptop. I haven't played a game yet but do have Spurs and United first two games of the season. I started with the 17.3 update so have Schneiderlin and Lookman at the club.

I chose a budget for Europa league qualification so had 33 million to spend and 450k pw in wages.

My signings so far have been:

Gonzalo Martinez, River, 3million.

Predrag Rajkovic, Tel Aviv, 5million.

Charlie Taylor, Leeds, 4.5million.

Luan, Gremio, 9million.

Domigo Vida, Dynamo Kyiv, 10million.

Davy Klaasen, Ajax, 10.5million

I let go Lennon to Lyon for 4million, Kone to PAOK for 200k and Funes Mori to Spurs for 10.5million.

I plan to play a fluid possession based 4-1-3-2 tactic and a flexible counter 4-3-1-2 tactic.

I feel I might need another right back and right winger but have 10miilion or so left to spend.

My squad is: 

Goalkeepers: Stekelenberg, Robles, Rajkovic

Defenders: Vida, Williams, Jagielka, Baines, Coleman, Taylor, Holgate, Garbutt, Pennington

Midfielders: Barkley, Klaasen, Schneiderlin, Gueye, McCarthy, Barry, Davies

Wingers: Bolasie, Mirallas, Martinez

Forwards: Lukaku, Luan, Valencia, Lookman

I signed my last two players for the window in Gino Peruzzi from Boca for 3.2 million and Alessio Cerci from Atletico for 2.2million. 

I played three games so far and amazingly beat Spurs 2-1 away after coming from behind with Luan getting both goals in the 89 and 92 minute. I also restricted them to just 3 shots on target. I then beat United at home 2-1 who I always beat on the last game with Barkley and Lukaku getting the goals. I then beat Morecambe 4-2 to get to the EFL cup 3rd round. I want impressed with conceding the two goals from my right wing. Holgate had a shocker. Vida got his first goal, Klaasen got his first goal and Calvert Lewin scored on his debut while Luan hammered a free kick in.

Good start to the season so I want build some momentum and get clean sheets.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started my Everton save, been considering it for a while but only just loaded the rest of the premier league clubs kits/badges etc so now they're loaded I thought I'd give it a go..

My first piece of business was to sign Lukaku up on a longer contract, so he's now £70k per week better off than he was at the start of the season and staying until 2021 which suits me down to the ground.

I'm aiming to build a strong young team full of talent with one or two old heads there to keep the youngsters in check while making sure we can finish top 6 or win a cup at the first time of trying.

Here's my dealings in the transfer market.. both signings were £10m up front and the rest over 48 months with Milan getting £1.5m if Donnarumma plays 50 league games for me and another £1.5m if he plays 20 games for Italy. As I write this Robles is in talks to go the other way in a £7m move to Milan. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 09.58.45.png

• 4 weeks later...

I became Everton manager in the December of Season 1 after starting the game unemployed. I didn't even have a high coaching badge, so incredible I got offered the job, when my other option was a National side in France! But then I saw why.......bottom of the Premier League by 11 points in the December!!

Players unhappy, injuries all over the place. I got relegated, but only on goal difference in the end which I saw as some kind of success. In the Championship now, and 1st as we go into October. Very much relying on some of the youth players for my squad, and returning loan players. Luckily, I had a couple of transfers agreed in the March before relegation but they still came. Squad looks like this:

Goalkeepers - Danilo Fernandes, Jacob Rinne

Defenders - Pennington, Iorfa, Holgate, Galloway, Thiago Martins, Carter-Vickers (Loan), Jetro Willems, Coleman, Sessegnon, Funes Mori

Midfielders - Davies, Soler, Bordin, Bentancur, Tolisso, Conor Grant, Matty Cash, Deulofeu, Charsley, Barkley, Dowell, Kwon Chang-Hoon, Vallalba, Marcus Edwards (Loan), Lookman

Attackers - Scocco, Dolberg (Loan), Enobakhere, Tarashaj, Dembele

The frustration is the numbers of staff I can have, which means training is stretched among a low number of coaches. 

Managed to strengthen the side, and got good depth, due to selling Lukaku to Dortmund (62million, thank you very much!), Cleverley for £10m, Mirallas for £11m, Bolasie for £13m, Gueye and Schneiderlin both went for £33m to Man City and Niasse for £10m to RBL.

Hopefully I can blood some of the youngsters through the year, and maybe sell Deulofeu in the Jan Window

• 1 month later...

Just took over an Everton side that had just escaped relegation at the end of season 1. Both Lukaku and Barkley want to leave. I'll probably cash in on Romelu, but how good will Barkley become? His contract is expiring in 1 year, so I won't be able to get much cash for him.

Archived