FM17: Everton - Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

IUsedToBeGreat

Klaassen is a shadow Striker

Lukaku is a Targetman (better with attack instruction) 

Barkley is an Advanced Playmaker (better with attack instruction) 

how can we use all these guys together without leaving a huge gap in the midfield? 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18.6.2017 at 02:04, CapaJr said:

Klaassen is a shadow Striker

Lukaku is a Targetman (better with attack instruction) 

Barkley is an Advanced Playmaker (better with attack instruction) 

how can we use all these guys together without leaving a huge gap in the midfield? 

4-3-2-1 i'd say if you must stick to those roles.

4 hours ago, Time_Consumer said:

4-3-2-1 i'd say if you must stick to those roles.

Thought about that too but then Bolasie couldnt be used.

This new squad and its player types are utterly confusing :D

1 hour ago, CapaJr said:

Thought about that too but then Bolasie couldnt be used.

This news squad and its player types are utterly confusing :D

Klaassen should work as a BBM as well, when paired with someone really capable of bossing the midfield defensively.

On 2016.11.12. at 16:28, CapaJr said:

As usual, i am starting my FM career with Everton, and i must say i'm really surprised by the irregular transfer budget that was given

(although a similar generosity doesn't happen in the future budgets, Moshiri probably wasn't listed as a sugar daddy or something like that..) 

My first and second season transfer in/out's are listed underneath, and third image is my current Everton team before i start my 3rd season

(as you can see, i m currently looking for a starter left & right back) 

SO FAR: I finished 5th the first and 3rd the second season(also got quarter final in Europa League) 

OBJECTIVE: looking forward to the third season and my main aim is to qualify for CL again and earn a top 4 spot.

i have spent my money really heavily in my first season, therefore i don't want to spend a lot of money this summer.

for example Gibbs is on a free contract, and while there are slightly better alternatives out there, i'll probably buy and use him for a couple of seasons since he is a much economical alternative. 

I must say though, i'm disappointed that they had downgraded Lukaku.  :idiot:

He still doesn't under perform or anything, he played above 7.00 for both seasons and scored 16, 17 goals respectively. 

But in the previous games, he never got under 7.50, and scored like mad, at least 20 a season and no matter how good a regen came out, you simply couldn't replace him.

however in this version, he is highly replaceable since his finishing doesn't get above 15 and first touch doesn't change from 13, and what he does on the pitch is although still good enough- is much less than what we had seen in FM 2016

I'll keep you guys informed about my progress into the second season. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 18.14.20.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 18.14.34.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 18.15.04.png

how u spend so much money at first season? i only can get Gianluigi Donnarumma and Salomón Rondón both together 60M.

22 hours ago, 69ANDERSONS69 said:

how u spend so much money at first season? i only can get Gianluigi Donnarumma and Salomón Rondón both together 60M.

48months of payment with the minimum amount of front payment possible. 

On 11/7/2016 at 06:41, IUsedToBeGreat said:

Everton 2016/17 Guide 

Welcome to the FM17 Everton guide. Everton Football Club although sanguine for longer than they should have been are still seen by most as one of English footballs 'Royalty'. Their honours are:

Champions of England (9): 1890–91, 1914–15, 1927–28, 1931–32, 1938–39, 1962–63, 1969–70, 1984–85, 1986–87
FA Cup (5): 1906, 1933, 1966, 1984, 1995
FA Charity Shield (9): 1928, 1932, 1963, 1970, 1984, 1985, 1986 (shared), 1987, 1995
FA Youth Cup (3): 1965, 1984, 1998
European Cup Winners' Cup (1): 1985

History

Everton are a proud club that has stood the test of time. Everton are a club that has led the way for others to follow. From the first club to have fully constructed four sides to their stadium, to introducing undersoil heating and electronic scoreboards, Everton has a rich and celebrated past.

The club's started life as a Church team playing as St Domingo F.C. and were formed in 1878. However a year later the team's name was changed to Everton Football Club. In 1888 Everton became founder members of the Football League, playing their games at Anfield, where the club won their first (of nine) title in 1891. After a dispute with the grounds landlord, Everton moved from Anfield to a new home, Goodison Park in 1892.

Everton went on to FA Cup success in 1906 a feat that they would go on to do 4 more times in their history. The 1933 FA Cup Final famous for being the first football match where players wore numbers on the back of their shirts. Everton wore 1-11, Manchester City 12-22. Everton won the game 3-0.

Everton endured a difficult period in the 40s and 50s which saw them relegated from the top flight for the first time in their history; however Everton have spent only a total of 4 seasons outside of English footballs top division and since returning in 1954 have managed to stay put…

The 1960s was an elegant period in Everton’s history, with league and FA Cup successes at the start middle and end of the decade, the 60s saw the emergence of many great sides denying Everton the chance to form a real dynasty.

The 70s best forgotten for most Everton fans saw some good Everton sides nearly triumph on the domestic front, but it was a case of so near yet so far for Everton.

The 80s saw Everton finally climb back out of any perceived shadow with success in the domestic, cup and league and their first European success; however events beyond the clubs control saw a blanket ban on English sides in Europe enforced. Everton saw their all-conquering side break up prematurely in the late 80s and although the club has tried to return to that golden period they have not been able to emulate it and are currently in the clubs most barren period where trophies are concerned.

A new era has recently started at the club, with fresh investment and a fresh statement of intent being set… Once again Evertonians hope that the club moto of Nil Satis Nisi Optimum will see them great again!

Everton start at the beginning of a brave new era. New investment gives prospective Everton managers the chance to avoid the wheeling and dealing that has been such a prevalent skillset required in the past!

You start off with a very generous £45 million to spend and £1.5 million a week for player wages. Now although still not in the ‘big boy’ leagues it is a departure from previous as I say.

Let’s start with the squad, its small, it is talented but there are some aging players in the side, and like Jagielka, Baines and Barry they are key but getting on. No immediate issues with them, but you do need to start looking for replacements.

Goalkeepers – An area that you can get by in, but may wish to look at investing in Maarten Stekelenburg 3 star, Joel Robles 2.5 star

U23/U18s coming in behind, there isn’t really any to consider beyond what you have. In my save only Joe Hilton and Tom Murphy offers up a potential of 3 stars. 

Defenders – Everton are more solid than you would think given the past couple of seasons, light in both right and left back positions though.

Phil Jagielka 4 star, Ashley Williams, Leighton Baines and Seamus Coleman all 3.5 star. Funes Mori is a 3 star.

U23/U18s – Some good defenders in here, (PA not CA). Brendan Galloway and Callum Connolly are 4 star and Mason Holgate a 3.5 star. There are a few 3 star players too, so as I say looking strong in defence.

Midfielders - Really depends on your system but running through. Ross Barkley 4 star. Mo Besic & James McCarthy 3.5 star. Idrissa Gueye, Gareth Barry and Tom Cleverley all 3 star.

U23/U18s – Tom Davies, Conor Grant 3.5 star, Thomas Scully 3.5 star Alex Denny and Beni Baningime 3 star

Forwards - Not blessed in this area for the first team if truth is told. Romelu Lukaku is the stand out 4 star striker, Shani Tarashaj is a (PA) 4.5 star Advanced forward - he is out on loan though. Valencia is a 3 star forward.

U23/U18s – Bassala Sambou 3.5 star (poacher), Dominic Calvert-Lewin 3.5 star, Sam Byrne, Kieran Phillips and Shayne Lavery 3.5 star

Staff - are a little hit and miss truth be told - Steve Walsh however is standout - I have decided to keep all of my staff as was, I didn't bother replacing any of them... Get in early if you wish to increase the coaching numbers. I have maxed out on the 

Signings - I am playing a 4-3-1-2 Gamebreaker tactic taken from the FM tactics forum. Its a favorite formation of mine anyway and what I have done is taken the information on this link and built the side based on what was provided as best for this tactic. Then I have altered the tactic so that the players best position is catered for. I made one  mistake - Saido Berahino... He probably needs more game time but isnt pressing Lukaku or Babacar

Signings.jpg

Season 1 - Halfway point

Standings.jpg

Results (I cant win away in London, some right hammerings a well... but on the whole)

Results.jpg

Players ratings

Players.jpg

Let me know if you would like any screen shots or any further information. All in all those looking for a challenge - will get that at Everton, those Evertonians who have waited for the brave new era, it is here! Good Luck!

Rez

I know this is hella late but what was your preferred starting XI + roles for the first season?

16/17: Vacationed first season, took over Everton at the end of the season. No big transfers(blocked first window transfers)
PL: 13th

17/18:
PL: 4th
EFL cup: 1st (5-1 win over Chelsea)
FA cup: Out in 5th rnd vs West Ham

Ins of note:
Jack Butland, Stoke, €18,25-20M
Michael Keane, Burnley, €17,75M
Andrew Robertson, €8,25-9,25M
Andrea Petagna, Atlanta €2,3-3,5M
Outs of note:
Besic, Sunderland, €10,5M
Robles, Marseille, €5,25M
Lennon, €4,2M
McGeady, €800K

18/19:
PL: 5th
CL: Out in Best Placed playoff vs Sevilla.
EL: 1st (3-1 win over Arsenal, 5-4 over 2 legs vs Liverpool in semi final)
EFL cup: 1st (5-0 win over Brighton)
FA cup: out in 4th rnd vs Leicester

Ins of note:
Hirving Lozano, Pachuca, €25,5M
Kyriakos Papadopoulos, €2,3-3,2M
Outs of note:
Deulofeu, €6M
Niasse, €6M
Baines, €230K

19/20:
Just played the first two games of the season, still have €139M to spend, will probably not spend much of it.
SC: Loss 1-2 vs Bayern
Ins of note:
Sandro, Sporting, €39-41,5M
Domenico Berardi, €19-21M
Josh Tymon, Hull, €12,5M (Loan back)
Jordan Pickford, Sunderland, €3,4M
Ryûta Yûki(regen), Sanfrecce, €2,7-4,9M (Loan back)
Chris Smalling, Manchester United, Free
Jeff Hendrick, Burnley, Free
Outs of note:
Lukaku, Manchester City, €83-102M
Tarashaj, Montpellier, €8,25M
Bolasie, Crystal Palace, €7,75M
Mirallas, Bournemouth, €6M

Lineup like this or a 4231

AiXw7Tf.png

• 3 weeks later...

So im after one last save to keep me going until FM18. Im using the latest update and decided to go with Everton. Despite losing Lukaku, Everton have brought n some excellent transfers e.g; Jordan Pickford, Michael Keane, Sandro, Davy Klaassen & of course the man Wayne Rooney. Back in the Europa League im liking how RK has brought in Keane & Pickford. Both have bright futures. So hopefully ill be able to eventually get Everton into the top 4 and get them playing Champions League Football which I do believe with the squad ive got is possible, Yes its not going to be easy but I believe I have the squad to do it.

2 hours ago, Lufcberg22 said:

So im after one last save to keep me going until FM18. Im using the latest update and decided to go with Everton. Despite losing Lukaku, Everton have brought n some excellent transfers e.g; Jordan Pickford, Michael Keane, Sandro, Davy Klaassen & of course the man Wayne Rooney. Back in the Europa League im liking how RK has brought in Keane & Pickford. Both have bright futures. So hopefully ill be able to eventually get Everton into the top 4 and get them playing Champions League Football which I do believe with the squad ive got is possible, Yes its not going to be easy but I believe I have the squad to do it.

I'm waiting until the Ross Barkley issue to be resolved to start my final game too. 

btw, Klaassen and Wayne both plays best as a second striker at AMC, how do you plan on using them? 

oh and i'm not quite sure if those additions vs the loss of Barkley & Lukaku should be considered a good deal or not.

Pickford and Keane are very good additions and they'll fill important gaps in the squad, and Sandro is a bargain buy without a doubt, but Barkley-Lukaku's gaps should not be underestimated i think..

My Everton squad at the start of 2018/2019 season (FM Touch):

GK's: Timo Horn, Jack Butland

CD's: Simon Kjaer (c), Victor Lindelöf, Callum Chambers, Brandon Galloway, John Brooks, Mason Holgate, Ashley Williams

WB's: Andrea Conti, Kieran Trippier, Leighton Baines, Jordan Amavi, Charlie Taylor

CM's: Tom Davies, Idrissa Gueye, Youri Tielemans, Mahmoud Dahoud, Lucas Lima

AMC's: Dele Alli, Ross Barkley, Gerard Deulofeu, Calvert-Lewin

ST's: Callum Wilson, Moussa Dembele, Neil Brock(regen)

Finished 3rd in 16/17 and 17/18 seasons, only won one silvervare, which was in 17/18 season, EFL Cup.

13 hours ago, nfornirvana said:

My Everton squad at the start of 2018/2019 season (FM Touch):

GK's: Timo Horn, Jack Butland

CD's: Simon Kjaer (c), Victor Lindelöf, Callum Chambers, Brandon Galloway, John Brooks, Mason Holgate, Ashley Williams

WB's: Andrea Conti, Kieran Trippier, Leighton Baines, Jordan Amavi, Charlie Taylor

CM's: Tom Davies, Idrissa Gueye, Youri Tielemans, Mahmoud Dahoud, Lucas Lima

AMC's: Dele Alli, Ross Barkley, Gerard Deulofeu, Calvert-Lewin

ST's: Callum Wilson, Moussa Dembele, Neil Brock(regen)

Finished 3rd in 16/17 and 17/18 seasons, only won one silvervare, which was in 17/18 season, EFL Cup.

Prices? Other Ins and Outs? (Please ignore my other unquoted post as it was accidentally posted

• 1 month later...

Quick question for all Everton fans.  It might be already on this thread so apologies if I have missed it but in my save 5 years in I have just played Everton away and was shocked to see that they are playing at The City of Manchester Stadium.  I'm on FMT so can't see anywhere if they are just sharing whilst a new stadium is built but just a tad odd that they would go to Manchester and not ahem Anfield, or is that a no no?!?!

Just started an Everton save to round out FM17. Want to play 3/5 at the back, and its going well so far, playing a possession style with the two beasts Idrissa Gueye and Morgan Schneiderlin in their winning the ball and feeding it to our more technical players. Brought in 5 players, Riedewald (25m), Sergej Milinkovic Savic (18m), Davide Zappacosta (9m), Sergio Canales (8m) and Gonzalo Escalante (6.5m). Also sold Lennon and Kone.

Current system is

Lukaku (AF-A)

Savic (AM-S)-----Barkley (AP-A)

Gueye (BWM-s)-------Schneiderlin (CM-D)

Baines (CWB-A)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Zappacosta (CWB-A)

Williams (CD-D)---Riedewald (BPD-D)--Jagielka (CD-D)

Stekelenburg (GK-D)

Going okay so far, started dodgy with a draw at Burnley and a home loss to Middlesbrough but we have since turned it around with a 4-0 win over West ham in the league, as well as thumpings of Stevenage and Scunthorpe in the cup. Followed by draws with Chelsea, Arsenal and Palace. Got Coleman back from injury now and McCarthy almost there so hopefully we can push on now, shame that Besic is out the whole season. As for which players have been good both wing backs have been sensational, in particular Zappacosta has been a steal. I love the midfield pairing as they a real force and can compete with the top midfields in the league. I think I have a good base for something special with the current team and the tactic has been looking good.

2 hours ago, BrianMunich said:

Bayern who?

And yet a few days before I finished the season failing to break down a stubborn Huddersfield Town. Most convincing win of the season, and easiest opponent to play against :lol: 

fyX7aGl.png

Who did you buy/sell and when?

7 hours ago, Ride-dat-vip said:

Who did you buy/sell and when?

Started game unemployed, and took over December with them in relegation zone. Only just stayed up really, morale was shot to bits, with us pulling it together in final few games to finish about 15th.

In that January window of 16/17 I signed Nikola Vasic, Mauricio Lemos, Armin Younes and loaned in Atakan Akkaynak. Sold was Aaron Lennon, James McCarthey, Robles and Niasse - Besic and Mirallas leaving on loans. That all game to a net spend of around £7.5M.

Summer 17/18 I invested heavily, spent £90M on Carlos Soler, Andreas Cornelius, Thomas Partey, Moussa Dembele, Jose Maria Amo, Krystien Bielik and Kuki. To balance this slighly moved on Martina, Williams, Jagielka, Bolasie, Tarashaj, Younes, Stekelenburg. 

2018/19 I underspent my budget, and balanced to make a profit of £2M. In came Marcus Bettinelli, Serge Gnabry, Phillip Max, and Jesse Lingard on season loan. Out went Miralles, and Sigurdsson to China in January. 

So far I've finished 15th, 5th and 2nd. Winning FA Cup in 2017/18, Community Shield and Europa League in 2018/19.

In preseason of 19/20 with a budgdt just shy of 100M, aided with Rooney's sizeable contract coming to an end! Not looking to spend it all, hopefully half when balanced with outgoings.

Main targets are securing Lingard on a permanent, Thiago Maia who I want to replace Baines at left back, and a combination of Naby Kieta, Pierre Hojbjerg and Kai Lavertz. 

4 hours ago, BrianMunich said:

Started game unemployed, and took over December with them in relegation zone. Only just stayed up really, morale was shot to bits, with us pulling it together in final few games to finish about 15th.

In that January window of 16/17 I signed Nikola Vasic, Mauricio Lemos, Armin Younes and loaned in Atakan Akkaynak. Sold was Aaron Lennon, James McCarthey, Robles and Niasse - Besic and Mirallas leaving on loans. That all game to a net spend of around £7.5M.

Summer 17/18 I invested heavily, spent £90M on Carlos Soler, Andreas Cornelius, Thomas Partey, Moussa Dembele, Jose Maria Amo, Krystien Bielik and Kuki. To balance this slighly moved on Martina, Williams, Jagielka, Bolasie, Tarashaj, Younes, Stekelenburg. 

2018/19 I underspent my budget, and balanced to make a profit of £2M. In came Marcus Bettinelli, Serge Gnabry, Phillip Max, and Jesse Lingard on season loan. Out went Miralles, and Sigurdsson to China in January. 

So far I've finished 15th, 5th and 2nd. Winning FA Cup in 2017/18, Community Shield and Europa League in 2018/19.

In preseason of 19/20 with a budgdt just shy of 100M, aided with Rooney's sizeable contract coming to an end! Not looking to spend it all, hopefully half when balanced with outgoings.

Main targets are securing Lingard on a permanent, Thiago Maia who I want to replace Baines at left back, and a combination of Naby Kieta, Pierre Hojbjerg and Kai Lavertz. 

Thanks! And tactics?

Mainly 433, but in the last season I've mixed in 352, and a 4321/4312. Always the same set up with Attack/Fluid, and same instructions. 

Won the league last season (19/20), only losing one game - on game 38 of the season! So didn't manage whole season unbeaten, but managed 56 game unbeaten run stretching across two seasons. Defended my Europa League, beating Liverpool in a classic tie 7-6 on aggregate in the Semis! 

Here is my squad ahead of 2020/21

Goalkeepers; G.Donnarumma, J.Pickford, M.Bettinelli

Defenders; M.Keane, M.Holegate, C.Montes, T.Maia, B.Galloway, R.Funes Mori, M.Lemos, K.Bielik, L.Baines, T.Lato, S.Coleman

Midfielders; M.Schneiderlin, T.Davies, P.Jastrzebski*regen* P.Emile-Hojbjerg, C.Soler, S.Gnabry, J.Lingard, N.Amiri, R.Barkely, D.Klassen

Forwards; Sandro, Kuki, M.Dembele, F.Hornby

Premier League; 2019/20

FA Cup; 2018/19

Europa League; 2018/19, 2019/20

Super Cup; 2019

Community Shield; 2018 

Started as Everton without a data update so no Pickford Keane etc but we do have Lukaku.

Very impressed with low expectations - top half should be easily achieved and still £25m budget but to be honest the squad looks so strong I probably won't sign anyone. May have a look at Pickford, possibly start the search for a world class CB.

Should occupy me while FM18.

Hah finally found a position that needs upgrading - back up AMC

- Needs to be young, energetic, creative and a goal threat.

Second edit: How would you Evertonians feel about a swansong for E'too?

Started a new one with Everton not too long ago and has been fun. Lost Lukaku in January of 1st season which shown how valuable he was as he finished badly. 

Finished 12th 1st season but won FA Cup which pretty much kepy my job. 2nd season finished 7th, semi's of FA Cup and got to the final of the Europa League only to lose 6-2, just to add salt to the wound i lost that final to Liverpool. 

Best bits of business i done was to bring in Sigurdsson for £11.5m, Also signed Iker Munian on a free and sold him back to Bilbao in January for £28m whilst getting sterling in on loan as replacement. 

Loving Tom Davies, Adeloma Lookman and Marcus Holgate, great young players to have around. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/06/2017 at 03:07, Ride-dat-vip said:

I know this is hella late but what was your preferred starting XI + roles for the first season?

Hey - sorry I have been offline and not playing for a while... Honestly, I am not sure 

I think it would have been:

GK - Steklenberg/Robles

RB - Coleman/Mallo

LB - Baines/Cissokho

CBs - Jagielka/Williams/Holgate/Lacelles (in reserves in pic)

CMR - Andre/Gana G

CM - Ozakup/Gana G/Barry

CML - McCarthy/Barry/Gana G

AMC - Barkley/Ozakup/Berahino

STCR - Babacar/Berahino

STCL - Lukaku/Babacar

The important thing was to tweak the tactic that I listed up so that the player in the position is as maxed as possible e.g. STCL - Target man or complete forward and NOT goal poacher if Lukaku is in it -  Poacher if it is Berahino...

Make sense? 

I am about to start a new game today so I will be online if you need anything :) 

Archived