[FM17][SKIN] Football Manager 2017 Base Skins

michaeltmurrayuk

2017_skin.png

Football Manager 2017 - Base Skins

NOTE: If you are using Football Manager Touch 2017 then please see the second post in the thread as I have decided to seperate them out this year, as it allows me to get the Full Mode Versions out quicker, the Touch Mode Base Skins should be out over the weekend.

As with most recent Football Managers for you to make certain changes in Football Manager 2017 you need to create a new skin.

So to make things easier for people I've put up some base skins that are identical to the default skins that come with the game, so you can add new files/graphics to these without messing up the original skins, and anything that isn't located in these new skin folders will be taken from the default locations within the game.

For Football Manager 2017 you have three skins to choose from the Default (Greenish) with Background Support skin, the Light skin and the Dark skin.

Base2017 Skin - This is the Greenish Background Support skin and is based on the Default Football Manager Skin.

Base2017 Dark Skin - This is the Dark Base Skin and is based on the Football Manager Dark Skin.

Base2017 Light Skin - This is the Light Base Skin and is based on the Football Manager Light Skin.

Change Log:

Base2017 Light Skin v1.1 updated 7th November 2016 21:46 GMT (updated download at bottom of post

- Fixed problem with feed colours

Install Instructions:

When you extract the file you have downloaded you should have one folder (with a name starting base17...) and a readme.txt file.

Now copy the folder into your skins folder within your User Data Location, by default this is:

For Windows:
C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\

For Mac:
/Users/[Your Mac Username]/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2017/

For Linux:
/home/documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2017/

If done right your skins folder should look something like this:

fm17baseskins_skinfolder.jpg

And inside for example the base17 folder you should have the following folders:

fm17baseskins_basefolder.jpg

When you load the game up if the skin cache is off any skins in the skins folder should appear in the skins menu like the below image:
NOTE: FMT skins will only appear when you are playing the FMT mode and normal skins will only appear when playing the normal mode.

fm17baseskins_dropdown.jpg

If the skin cache is on you'll need to turn it off, exit the Preferences menu and re-enter it and any new skins should appear, if not tick 'Always Reload Skin on Confirm' and change skins, click confirm and go back in and your skin should appear.

How To Stop the Blurring Effect when Processing

FM2016 introduced a new feature where when the main screen isn't the focus of the screen it blurs out, however if you don't like this effect it is simple enough to disable it, to do this simply browse to the following location within the Base Skin you are using:

\graphics\boxes\dialog\background

Inside will be a paper.xml file open that and locate this line:

<boolean id="blurred" value="true"/>

and change it to read:

<boolean id="blurred" value="false"/>

FM2017 has made a slight change to this, as the default graphic file used to blur the screen has been made darker, so if when you disable the blurring the background content still isn't clear enough, all you need to do is look in the above folder and rename the two graphic files from !paper to paper, and then reload the skin and the background content should now be clearer.

How To enable Background Changes

FM2017 again supports background changes directly this year, however if you are using the Dark or Light Base skins there is a file you need to edit as they have a solid overlay over the background meaning that whilst the background is displaying you cannot see it. (You can do the same with the Default Base Skin aswell if the backgrounds aren't clear enough by default).

Inside the Base skin that you have downloaded you need to browse to these two locations:

\graphics\boxes\custom\background\
\graphics\boxes\custom\match\background\

And edit the paper.png file from each folder in an image editing program to increase the transparency of the image. The level of transparency depends on your preference as it is a balance between seeing the background and making the skin readable.

If you need further help on editing the transparency of the images then have a look at this guide - its for FM2015 but the editing of the graphics is the same.

To Replace Graphics

To get the 2D pitch icons (balls, nets, players) into the game they no longer need to go into the skins folder and can instead now be installed directly into the graphics folder.

To Edit the Fonts

The font settings are now controlled by the various files located inside the fonts folder. For the base skins I have included all the default font files to save you having to go look for them. To edit the fonts its just a case of changing the various variables declared in the xml files, whilst to change the actual font you copy the font you want to use to the font folder and then update the font names in the xml files to match your new font.

To Edit the Font Colours

The colour settings for each skin are controlled by the settings.xml file located inside the settings folder.

For the base skins I have copied in the relevant coding for you to change the various colours used by the skin – you just need to open the  settings.xml file and locate the relevant line for the colour setting you wish to change – the colour names and comments should explain what the majority of the colours control.

The colours are declared in RGB values, that range from 0-255 where Red=255 Green=255 Blue=255 is white and Red=0 Green=0 Blue=0 is black.

To locate the RGB value of a colour you want to use you can either use a image editing program to obtain the RGB Value of the colour or type rgb values into google and it will bring up several websites that list the RGB Values for various colours.

Note that whilst this file contains most of the text colour settings, some items are hardcoded, others are determined by the individual xml files and some others are set by the xml files in the fonts folder.

Also if you have the Skin Cache on you can change some of the colours directly through the game from the Preferences -> Interface-> Skin Colours screen

How to Recolour the Game Colours

Like with Football Manager 2015 the colours of the various graphics that make up the skin are now controlled by settings.xml file located inside the settings folder.

For the base skins I have copied in the relevant coding for you to change the various colours used by the skin – you just need to open the settings.xml file and locate the relevant line for the colour setting you wish to change – the colour names and comments should explain what the majority of the colours control.

To Edit the Attribute Threshold

This is now done in game via the Preferences -> Interface -> Skin Colours screen.

For your changes to take affect

If you have made any changes to the base skins (colours, fonts, graphics) to get your changes to show you’ll need to go into the Preferences -> Interface Menu and untick ‘Use caching to decrease page loading times’ if it is ticked and then tick ‘Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences’ then click confirm and your changes should be applied, if you have previousily ticked and unticked the required boxes a 'Reload Skin' button should appear in the bottom left corner, if this button appears you can click that if the Confirm Button is grayed out.

Base Skins for Football Manager 2017 Download Page

(Link contains links to all three downloads)

---
You are free to do what you want (apart from upload to Steam Workshop as I'll upload them) with these Base Skins provided:

1. It is not sold or behind a paywall.
2. You don't advertise it as being exclusive to your website.
3. My username and blog address are included: http://michaeltmurrayuk.blogspot.co.uk/

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2017T_skin.png
Football Manager Touch 2017: Base Skins

NOTE: If you are using Football Manager 2017 then please see the first post above as I have decided to seperate them out this year.

As with most recent Football Managers for you to make certain changes in Football Manager Touch 2017 you need to create a new skin.

So to make things easier for people I've put up some base skins that are identical to the default skins that come with the game, so you can add new files/graphics to these without messing up the original skins, and anything that isn't located in these new skin folders will be taken from the default locations within the game.

For Football Manager Touch 2017 you have six skins to choose from a Light one, Dark one and Retro aswell as Touchscreen versions of all three.

Base2017 Touch Skin - This is the Base Skin for the FMT (Touch) Mode and is identical in appearance to the Football Manager Touch Skin.

Base2017 Touch - Dark Skin - This is the Dark Base Skin for the FMT (Touch) Mode and is identical in appearance to the Football Manager Touch - Dark Skin.

Base2017 Touch - Retro Skin - This is the Retro Base Skin for the FMT (Touch) Mode and is identical in appearance to the Football Manager Touch - Retro Skin.

Base2017 Touch - Touchscreen Skin - This is the Base Skin for the FMT (Touch) Mode and is identical in appearance to the Football Manager Touch - Touchscreen Skin.

Base2017 Touch - Touchscreen Dark Skin - This is the Dark Base Skin for the FMT (Touch) Mode and is identical in appearance to the Football Manager Touch - Touchscreen Dark Skin.

Base2017 Touch - Touchscreen Retro Skin - This is the Retro Base Skin for the FMT (Touch) Mode and is identical in appearance to the Football Manager Touch - Touchscreen Retro Skin.

Install Instructions:

When you extract the file you have downloaded you should have one folder (with a name starting base17touch...) and a readme.txt file.

Now copy the folder into your skins folder within your User Data Location, by default this is:

For Windows:
C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager Touch 2017\

For Mac:
/Users/[Your Mac Username]/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager Touch 2017/

For Linux:
/home/documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager Touch 2017/

If done right your skins folder should look something like this:

FMT17base_skinsfolder.png

And inside for example the base17touch folder you should have the following folders:

FMT17base_folder.png

When you load the game up if the skin cache is off any skins in the skins folder should appear in the skins menu like the below image:

FMT17base_dropdown.png

If the skin cache is on you'll need to turn it off, exit the Preferences menu and re-enter it and any new skins should appear, if not tick 'Always Reload Skin on Confirm' and change skins, click confirm and go back in and your skin should appear.

How To Stop the Blurring Effect when Processing

FM2016 introduced a new feature where when the main screen isn't the focus of the screen it blurs out, however if you don't like this effect it is simple enough to disable it, to do this simply browse to the following location within the Base Skin you are using:

\graphics\boxes\dialog\background

Inside will be a paper.xml file open that and locate this line:

<boolean id="blurred" value="true"/>

and change it to read:

<boolean id="blurred" value="false"/>

FM2017 has made a slight change to this, as the default graphic file used to blur the screen has been made darker, so if when you disable the blurring the background content still isn't clear enough, all you need to do is look in the above folder and rename the two graphic files from !paper to paper, and then reload the skin and the background content should now be clearer.

To Replace Graphics

To get the 2D pitch icons (balls, nets, players) into the game they no longer need to go into the skins folder and can instead now be installed directly into the graphics folder.

To Edit the Fonts

The font settings are now controlled by the various files located inside the fonts folder. For the base skins I have included all the default font files to save you having to go look for them. To edit the fonts its just a case of changing the various variables declared in the xml files, whilst to change the actual font you copy the font you want to use to the font folder and then update the font names in the xml files to match your new font.

To Edit the Font Colours

The colour settings for each skin are controlled by the settings.xml file located inside the settings folder.

For the base skins I have copied in the relevant coding for you to change the various colours used by the skin – you just need to open the  settings.xml file and locate the relevant line for the colour setting you wish to change – the colour names and comments should explain what the majority of the colours control.

The colours are declared in RGB values, that range from 0-255 where Red=255 Green=255 Blue=255 is white and Red=0 Green=0 Blue=0 is black.

To locate the RGB value of a colour you want to use you can either use a image editing program to obtain the RGB Value of the colour or type rgb values into google and it will bring up several websites that list the RGB Values for various colours.

Note that whilst this file contains most of the text colour settings, some items are hardcoded, others are determined by the individual xml files and some others are set by the xml files in the fonts folder.

How to Recolour the Game Colours

Like with Football Manager 2015 the colours of the various graphics that make up the skin are now controlled by settings.xml file located inside the settings folder.

For the base skins I have copied in the relevant coding for you to change the various colours used by the skin – you just need to open the settings.xml file and locate the relevant line for the colour setting you wish to change – the colour names and comments should explain what the majority of the colours control.

For your changes to take affect

If you have made any changes to the base skins (colours, fonts, graphics) to get your changes to show you’ll need to go into the Preferences -> Interface Menu and untick ‘Use caching to decrease page loading times’ if it is ticked and then tick ‘Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences’ then click confirm and your changes should be applied, if you have previousily ticked and unticked the required boxes a 'Reload Skin' button should appear in the bottom left corner, if this button appears you can click that if the Confirm Button is grayed out.

Base Skins for Football Manager Touch 2017 Download Page

(Link contains links to all downloads)

---
You are free to do what you want (apart from upload to Steam Workshop as I'll upload them) with these Base Skins provided:

1. It is not sold or behind a paywall.
2. You don't advertise it as being exclusive to your website.
3. My username and blog address are included: http://michaeltmurrayuk.blogspot.co.uk/

8 hours ago, Firehouse said:

Sorry if wrong topic, but can I somehow edit default skin, so the inbox screen is not white? To make it at least green as the rest of the skin, or transparent for when I add my own background to it. Thanks.

Download and switch to the Base17 Skin, then in the settings\settings.xml file for that skin locate these lines:

<!-- Inbox -->
    <colour name="inbox_sidebar_background" value="blue grey 100"/> <!-- Box background colour - red_replacement -->
    <colour name="inbox_content_background" value="blue grey 50"/> <!-- Box background colour - red_replacement -->
    <colour name="inbox_button_box_background" value="blue grey 100"/> <!-- Box background colour - red_replacement -->
    <colour name="inbox_attachment_background" value="teal 700"/> <!-- Box background colour - red_replacement -->
    <colour name="inbox_new_attachment_accent" value="teal 400"/> <!-- Box background colour - red_replacement -->
    <colour name="inbox_icons" value="blue grey 900"/>
    <colour name="inbox_text" value="blue grey 900"/>
    <colour name="news_item_text" value="white"/>

And adjust the colour values, the _background bits are the graphics whilst the _text are for the text on the inbox screen just those to suit. "teal 900" is the green used elsewhere in that skin so you try that for the graphics and then "white" for the text.

If you want to make the background more transparent then have a look at this thread for the file you have to edit: https://community.sigames.com/topic/386444-inbox-screen-background-transparency/

(though it is now located in the panels\human folder), if you don't know how to extract the default files have a read of these two threads:

https://community.sigames.com/topic/332892-fm2015-guide-how-to-extract-default-files-amp-understanding-file-structure/

https://community.sigames.com/topic/331581-fm15-guide-how-to-increase-transparency-of-screens/

They are for FM15 but the basics are still the same.

And I extracted whole skins folder with resource archiver, but there are no human file in panels folder, for neither fm or fm widgets (I assume this is where I have to look at). And I haven't found inbox item.xml anywhere.

To change background transparency.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found human folder, but I don't have app to change transparency, so I can't do it.

Hi Michael,

I have got the match screen how I want it but I was wondering how I change the colour of the text for the goal scorers as they are black and hard to see. Also how do I changed the colour of the text for the players being booked as I would like this to be yellow so it shows as a yellow card.

compressed.png

Thanks,

Alex

2 hours ago, jockmick said:

There seems to be a mistake in the light base skin. The social media feed looks like this:

FbwRo5U.png

Locate these lines from the settings\settings.xml file (down near the bottom):

<colour name="feed box" red="50" green="59" blue="69"/>
  <colour name="social media linked box" red="60" green="72" blue="84"/>
  <colour name="feed background" red="35" green="42" blue="50"/>
  <colour name="follow list background" red="56" green="66" blue="77"/>    
  <colour name="hashtag" red="126" green="199" blue="255"/>

And either delete them or replace them with these ones:

<colour name="feed box" red="208" green="216" blue="220"/>
    <colour name="social media linked box" red="217" green="225" blue="229"/>
    <colour name="feed background" red="245" green="245" blue="245"/>
    <colour name="follow list background" red="208" green="216" blue="220"/>
    <colour name="hashtag" value="blue 800"/>

Then reload the skin and they should reset back to the default colours.

2 hours ago, Firehouse said:

Thanks, it worked. But only current message is white.

Could I make the other ones a bit whiter (not as white as current). See screen. And unread message is even darker.

6fa5ff2f6fdd9770162a949e85cf72c6.png

They should be controlled by these lines in the settings file:

<colour name="unread headline" value="blue grey 900"/>
    <colour name="read headline" value="blue grey 500"/>

59 minutes ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

Hi Michael,

I have got the match screen how I want it but I was wondering how I change the colour of the text for the goal scorers as they are black and hard to see. Also how do I changed the colour of the text for the players being booked as I would like this to be yellow so it shows as a yellow card.

compressed.png

Thanks,

Alex

The Yellow Card text is controlled by this line from the settings\settings.xml file:

<colour name="yellow card" value="amber 800"/>   

You just need to change the value to a different colour (yellow  500 seems to be the normal default value).

For the goalscorer it doesn't look like that can be easily changed at the moment as it uses the 'text' value which controls most of the text elsewhere in the skin, so it looks like it will need a game patch to fix.

1 hour ago, pedrosantos said:

Two questions also here:

- is it possible oppositions roles and duties with these skins ?

- at the scouts screen, is it possible to move the players list when moving the scroll bar ?

Thank you

I guess we'll just have to wait for mibh

The base skin make no changes to the formation screens, so if there is a download that enables them then you should be able to drop it in (but there isn't anything in the base skin to enable them on its own).

For the scrolling on the scouts screen, see this thread: https://community.sigames.com/topic/356261-scouting-section-scrollbar/#comment-117758  instructions should be the same just the file is now located in the panels\person folder

Hi, 

I'm using FMT Dark and I'm wondering if you can help me with popups during match.

I've already edited "match in between highlights" which works fine, but I can't get it to work with popups.

Is it possible to remove or add some columns in Team Ratings popup, Especially the player squad number column is huge and ugly :) 

Finally I would like this popup to be resizeable in both hight and width.  

Thanks in advance.

TeamRatings.PNG

5 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The base skin make no changes to the formation screens, so if there is a download that enables them then you should be able to drop it in (but there isn't anything in the base skin to enable them on its own).

For the scrolling on the scouts screen, see this thread: https://community.sigames.com/topic/356261-scouting-section-scrollbar/#comment-117758  instructions should be the same just the file is now located in the panels\person folder

I remember there was some thread here about the opposition roles and duties with some panel from fm15. Maybe these would work, if not with the base skins with some other.

Thank you for that link, these basic things are the ones I can manage by myself :)

How are those mibh doing ? will you present those fine guides like in previous years ?

The Andromeda skin I'm using doesn't have a person folder :(

On 11/4/2016 at 21:59, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Locate these lines from the settings\settings.xml file (down near the bottom):

<colour name="feed box" red="50" green="59" blue="69"/>
  <colour name="social media linked box" red="60" green="72" blue="84"/>
  <colour name="feed background" red="35" green="42" blue="50"/>
  <colour name="follow list background" red="56" green="66" blue="77"/>    
  <colour name="hashtag" red="126" green="199" blue="255"/>

And either delete them or replace them with these ones:

<colour name="feed box" red="208" green="216" blue="220"/>
    <colour name="social media linked box" red="217" green="225" blue="229"/>
    <colour name="feed background" red="245" green="245" blue="245"/>
    <colour name="follow list background" red="208" green="216" blue="220"/>
    <colour name="hashtag" value="blue 800"/>

Then reload the skin and they should reset back to the default colours.

Tried to change this, not working at all. 

Reloading skin etc, and it's just staying the same. 

On 2016-11-05 at 00:05, jockmick said:

Which option in the settings file will change the colour of the goalscorers? Using light base skin. They are in black against dark background, as seen in the screen below:

6zKAwbX.jpg

A little bump. I just can't figure out how to change the colour of the goalscorers. I've tried changing a couple of lines in the settings.xml but none have been the correct one.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for all of your help so far.

How do we make the inbox background transparent? I've followed that link to the other guy's post about it, but I can't find the files mentioned.

I'm using your Dark Skin BTW. How would I make the inbox background transparent? 

Thanks!

On 05/11/2016 at 21:47, MichaelHeding said:

Hi, 

I'm using FMT Dark and I'm wondering if you can help me with popups during match.

I've already edited "match in between highlights" which works fine, but I can't get it to work with popups.

Is it possible to remove or add some columns in Team Ratings popup, Especially the player squad number column is huge and ugly :) 

Finally I would like this popup to be resizeable in both hight and width.  

Thanks in advance.

TeamRatings.PNG

To add remove columns have a look at this thread (instructions should be the same, but files will now be in panels\match folder):

To change the widget size you need to edit the 'panels\match\match full window' xml file, in that file locate the bit of code for the widget in question, it's then just a case of changing the min/max width and heigth values to what you want.

13 hours ago, jockmick said:

A little bump. I just can't figure out how to change the colour of the goalscorers. I've tried changing a couple of lines in the settings.xml but none have been the correct one.

As stated in the post previous to your first post its a bug in the game and needs a patch to fix it, as it is linked to the 'text' colour variable.

6 hours ago, Ecudortne said:

Hi Michael,

Thanks for all of your help so far.

How do we make the inbox background transparent? I've followed that link to the other guy's post about it, but I can't find the files mentioned.

I'm using your Dark Skin BTW. How would I make the inbox background transparent? 

Thanks!

You need to extract the files yourself, instructions are in the linked posts above.

On 06/11/2016 at 12:10, Generation-Next said:

Tried to change this, not working at all. 

Reloading skin etc, and it's just staying the same. 

Try going to Preferences -> Interface -> Skin Colours and tick the Restore Default Colours option and that should force the game to reload the colours.

Hi All,

I'm a completely newbie in editing FM graphics. Can someone tell me please how to change a background in a default skin? I've downloaded it, put into the correct folder but there is no "background" file which you can find in other skins.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Michael, great work as always with your base skins.

I'm completely new to playing around with panels. I've placed a match incidents overview panel into the skin to get kits to show, however as you can see there are no player names next to the cards and goals under the kits.

match%20overview.png

I was just wondering if you can help by telling me which part of the code below would need to be edited to rectify this issue. Many thanks in advance

match incidents overview panel

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<panel>

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" gap="0" offset="0" />
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<!-- team name -->
  <widget class="table" id="tntb" layout="160,-1,25" mode="fill_rows, stripe_rows" auto_size_rows="true" stretch_to_fit_rows="true" row_spacing="0">

<list id="column_properties">
      <record index="0" auto_size="all" />
      <record index="1" spec="title" alignment="left,centre_y" size="18" />
      <record index="2" spec="title" alignment="right,centre_y" size="18" />
    </list>

<list id="column_display_properties">
      <record index="0" alignment="centre" />
      <record index="2" right="8" />
    </list>

<!-- stick the icon widget here -->
    <container height="160" width="160" col="0" row="0">
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="4" layout_children="true" />

<widget class="match_team_logo_picture" id="TeLo"/>
    </container>

<!-- team name -->
    <widget class="label" id="mitn" spec="title" colour="match text" col="1" row="0" size="10" alignment="left, centre_y" />

<!-- score -->
    <widget class="text" id="mits" spec="title" colour="match text" col="2" row="0" size="10" alignment="right, centre_y">
      <translation id="text" type="new" value="0" />
    </widget>

</widget>

<widget class="table" id="miit" layout="40,-1" mode="fill_rows" row_spacing="0" auto_size_rows="true" fixed_size_rows="false">

<list id="column_properties">
      <record index="0" alignment="centre" auto_size="vertical" />
      <record index="1" spec="text, small" auto_size="vertical" alignment="left,centre_y" />
    </list>

<record index="0" id="icon" left="4" top="4" bottom="4" />
      <record index="1" id="text, small" top="4" bottom="4" />
    </list>

<record id="default_properties" spec="text, small" colour="match text" />

</widget>

</panel>

9 hours ago, Callaway said:

Hi Michael, great work as always with your base skins.

I'm completely new to playing around with panels. I've placed a match incidents overview panel into the skin to get kits to show, however as you can see there are no player names next to the cards and goals under the kits.

I was just wondering if you can help by telling me which part of the code below would need to be edited to rectify this issue. Many thanks in advance

match incidents overview panel

<record index="0" id="icon" left="4" top="4" bottom="4" />
      <record index="1" id="text, small" top="4" bottom="4" />
    </list>

Delete the highlighted bit from near the bottom of the file as it just wants the id at that bit to be "text" the text size is set in the previous bit of code.

Just wondering if anybody has come across this issue. When I click on a players now from the squad screen the player info screen comes up but the date of birth is missing

nodob.png

If I then click the back arrow and then go back into the player info screen the date of birth comes back.

dob.png

I'm using the FM Base Dark skin, but the issues occurs in the default FM Skins too. I've cleared the cache and reloaded the skin from the preferences menu but I still have the same issue.

The extra panels I have installed all relate to the match day screen. I don't have any additional panels for the default FM skins.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

49 minutes ago, Callaway said:

Just wondering if anybody has come across this issue. When I click on a players now from the squad screen the player info screen comes up but the date of birth is missing

nodob.png

If I then click the back arrow and then go back into the player info screen the date of birth comes back.

dob.png

I'm using the FM Base Dark skin, but the issues occurs in the default FM Skins too. I've cleared the cache and reloaded the skin from the preferences menu but I still have the same issue.

The extra panels I have installed all relate to the match day screen. I don't have any additional panels for the default FM skins.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Its a known issue with the game, apparently deleting your cache and preferences manually should fix it (though export any custom views first as doing this will wipe them):

Where do the 'Manager Home' and 'Inbox' pull the background image from, i thought it would be the "graphics/backgrounds/default" image, but apparentely not.

can it be changed to a 'normal' club/stadium background or failing that replace the image.

They both use the default image, they might just have less transparent boxes over the top, inbox should be controlled by the 'inbox panel' and 'inbox item' xml files, home screen should be 'manager home' xml file all located in the panels\human folder, just follow the links in those files to get (or change) the box graphics to something more transparent and the background should show through.

However I don't think there is any way to get assigned background images to show as they are linked to your id instead of the club, and I don't think you can link backgrounds to people. (though I don't know if anyone has messed around with the config coding for the backgrounds to see if they can be linked to people?_)

1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

They both use the default image, they might just have less transparent boxes over the top, inbox should be controlled by the 'inbox panel' and 'inbox item' xml files, home screen should be 'manager home' xml file all located in the panels\human folder, just follow the links in those files to get (or change) the box graphics to something more transparent and the background should show through.

However I don't think there is any way to get assigned background images to show as they are linked to your id instead of the club, and I don't think you can link backgrounds to people. (though I don't know if anyone has messed around with the config coding for the backgrounds to see if they can be linked to people?_)

I can see the image, but changing the default (backgrounds/default) to something else. i can now see the changed image on the preferences background etc. but those two screens have remained as the default blurry stadium pic. 

EDIT: No idea where this is tied to.. lol

Archived