Scouting section scrollbar

all4everdragon

I'm sure everyone has noticed that the scroll bar at the scouting section stoped working like it used to since FM15. Now FM16 is out and the problem remains. I have posted this issue in the FM16 Beta bugs section and in the Feedback Thread and had no reply.

So, maybe our good old michaeltmurray can help us: is there any way to fix the scroll bar to work like in FM14, we were able to drag the scroll bar and the player list would also move up and down ?

You can change the scrollbar behaviour in FM2015.

The file you need to edit is the 'person search list' xml file located in the panels folder. (If you don't know how to extract the default files read this: [FM2015 Guide] How to Extract Default Files & Understanding File Structure)

Down near the bottom of the file you will find some code that looks like this:

<!-- customisation context is set in code for this table, depending on if search is player or staff search -->

<widget class="person_list_table" id="pltb" dont_restore_selection="true" always_refresh_objects="true" mode="fill_rows, stripe_rows, printable, keyboard, manual_sort, store_sort_state, show_bullets, select_rows, select_multiple, show_insert_column_popup" select_event="psls" column_mode="resize_columns, move_columns, custom_views" popup_menu_class="popup_button_table_header" deferred_scrolling="true" deferred_scrolling_timeout="400">

All you need to do is change the deferred_scrolling bit to false (and you might want to remove the timeout bit) so the code now looks like:

<!-- customisation context is set in code for this table, depending on if search is player or staff search -->

<widget class="person_list_table" id="pltb" dont_restore_selection="true" always_refresh_objects="true" mode="fill_rows, stripe_rows, printable, keyboard, manual_sort, store_sort_state, show_bullets, select_rows, select_multiple, show_insert_column_popup" select_event="psls" column_mode="resize_columns, move_columns, custom_views" popup_menu_class="popup_button_table_header" deferred_scrolling="false" >

And that should make it act like the squad screen where the content scrolls with the scrollbar held down, however I have no idea if it will cause any issues as there may be a technical reason as to why it was set like this.

FM16 will have to wait until release of the full game when we have access to the xml files, however if the way the list is coded hasn't changed much it should be possible to change in fm16 - though the game doesn't like you copying the fm15 file over to fm16 so something on that screen has changed.

Thank you Michael :thup:

I will wait for the full game in two weeks and then try with the fm16 xml files. Meanwhile, is it possible for you to find out if there is any technical reason for the odd behaviour of the scroll bar ? Maybe the development team (or other) could fix this issue for the full game release.

• 3 weeks later...

Instructions for FM2016 are the same as that bit of the code hasn't changed, it also looks like there shouldn't be any problems with changing its behaviour as the deferred scrolling isn't present in the touch mode skins, so I presume its just someone at SI's preferred way of scrolling on the search screen.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived