[WIP] E22 - England to Level 22

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

Mid-way through my 3rd season and have stumbled across a very odd observation, which I can't tell is a consequence of Dan's file or built-in SI coding affecting leagues this low.

I've previously admitted that I use a utility to monitor CA. What's happened is that a glass ceiling has been reached. By the end of season 2, two players had the joint-highest CA, which I will call ZX. This season neither have increased at all, but the players behind them have all caught up and are on ZX. I'm giving the lagging fringe players first team action now and I expect that by the end of the season every single member of my squad (30 players) will be on the same CA of ZX.

The said CA is too good for this level (10) and probably for a couple of seasons yet, but I'll get unstuck around level 8 if they don't rise. The glass ceiling could be a result of the level they are playing at, in which case it should rise next season, or it could quite reasonably be due to my terrible training facilities. After being refused two years running, my chairman has finally agreed to an upgrade after this season finishes. I'll continue to monitor this closely.

since you're able to check the CA, you may give a look at the PA too. Maybe the answer is there, your players have reached their top, even if I understand that they've reached all the same level, and that's a bit odd...

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I need to give up on this database. Third play-through with my career now and it's ****ed up again. Started semi-pro this time, and could offer part time contracts. Won promotion, and lost the ability to offer PT contracts. League settings are exactly the same as the league I was promoted from.

2 hours ago, TacticalGenius said:

I think I need to give up on this database. Third play-through with my career now and it's ****ed up again. Started semi-pro this time, and could offer part time contracts. Won promotion, and lost the ability to offer PT contracts. League settings are exactly the same as the league I was promoted from.

very strange...which level did you start? Anyway it's worth a try, it sounds really bad...

7 hours ago, jam jameson said:

very strange...which level did you start? Anyway it's worth a try, it sounds really bad...

I've tried and had no issue whatsoever. Started at level 11 but already semipro, it's more challenging because you've got a limited budget and can't afford to hire the Whole lot of strong players available. I've won the League and promoted to level 10, staying semipro and being allowed to offer part time contracts

4 hours ago, Sprintcollares said:

I got an issue whit the 4.0 version in Walter c parsons cup, incorrect number of teams.

I've encountered this too. I believe it's an issue when you use this alongside updates made in FM16 that include new-created teams. Probably a clash of UIDs due to the different databases.

Try just this update and it should work fine - then you can add the others until you see which messes it up.

Into my 4th season now and loving it. The players know each other and my one tactic so well that they've breezed through the last two seasons (and at level 9 the reputation thing has resolved itself), but I think by next season we'll been properly challenged.

One point - what I've done is create my own bespoke team which started in level 12, and put my U18s in the level 22 division.  Whereas my first team consistently get eliminated in the first round of every cup competition, the U18s have won a couple of tinpot cups - but I can't see where to find the records of the U18s. Am I missing something obvious, or are they not there? Is this to do with Dan's file or FM17 in general?

Not sure which, but I'm not seeing my reserve team's cup victory anywhere other than on the past winners page of said cup. The competition history page for the club seems to only show first team stuff. Though I do remember past iterations of FM show U18 competition landmarks on there too, but perhaps because you've inserted the U18 into the league pyramid and isn't just competing in U18 group 1/2/etc that the PL clubs do then that may be why their records are acting the same as the 2nd/3rd team thing.

^ Yeah, could be that.

So, into my 4th season and another odd observation. I'm proving to be too strong for this level 9 division and will certainly run away with the league again. Entered into the FA Cup I had a few victories until I was drawn away to a level 6 side. We were thoroughly thrashed, as we should have been, but the gate receipts were the equivalent of a year's gate income.

The thing is this - I'm monitoring my players' CA and my regular young first teamers' CAs were regularly increasing for three years - and then they hit a glass ceiling. None have moved for 16 months now (I set them up in the pre-game editor to have CA1 and high PAs as an experiment to see how they'd progress). My working assumption is that this is due to the limitation of my minimal training facilities. I'll find out soon because after 3 years of refusals the board did agree to improve the facilities in the summer and they come online at Christmas. So I'm keen to see if CAs start rising again in January. If they don't it means I'll get about as far as level 7 and won't be able to compete.

On 28/11/2016 at 07:01, Dan BHTFC said:

I have! Wait for 6.0!

I will wait for the final version of this database. Not rushing or anything, just curious of  when will that be? 

2 hours ago, TacticalGenius said:

One problem I have noticed is that my match ticket and season ticket prices go up at a ridiculous rate. I reached level 7 with a level 12 club and the prices were £25 / £900.

this is another hard coded old issue, incredible that SI doesn't bother to solve it over the years...

On 01/12/2016 at 23:37, phnompenhandy said:

I'll find out soon because after 3 years of refusals the board did agree to improve the facilities in the summer and they come online at Christmas. So I'm keen to see if CAs start rising again in January. If they don't it means I'll get about as far as level 7 and won't be able to compete.

Update: I was right in my assumption. Once the improved training facilities came on line, immediately CAs started moving again, a few making rapid and huge leaps as if they'd been held back for months (which they had). I'll try to monitor this but it will be difficult. I'm speculating that an upgrade in training of 1 point (out of 20) will enable an improvement in CA of up to 10 points (other factors such as coaching and hidden atts being optimum), so by a simplistic mathematical calculation, you'd need 20/20 facilities to eke 190-200 PA out of a player. The sounds both quite reasonable and rightly improbable to actually happen.

From my club's perspective, it took 3 years to make the money to upgrade by one point. I will keep asking the board to improve training facilities as often as they'll allow, bearing in mind that I'll be asking them to upgrade youth facilities and junior coaching too, so let's see how often we hit another glass ceiling and just how much I can improve these kids.

Love this DB.

One question tough: Is there any option to disable all job offers? It's a bit annoying getting literally hundreds of job offers if you've no intention to move clubs. And with so many clubs in this db I fear that once I declined the last one the ones that offered me a job first are back to ask again. I really don't want to decline 5-10 job offers every day anymore :-/

40 minutes ago, Areolys said:

Love this DB.

One question tough: Is there any option to disable all job offers? It's a bit annoying getting literally hundreds of job offers if you've no intention to move clubs. And with so many clubs in this db I fear that once I declined the last one the ones that offered me a job first are back to ask again. I really don't want to decline 5-10 job offers every day anymore :-/

Don't think you can. I agree it's a real pain, but I suspect it's all part of a real manager's job. At higher levels maybe you ought to be able to employ your own agent to fend off this stuff!

Hello! I have finished first season as Farnborough North End in Surrey County Intermediate League (Western) Premier (12 level). I have noticed that promotions and relegations are not correct. The team which won my league (Knaphill Atletic) was promoted to Kent County Football League. I think it should be Surrey Elite Intermediate Football League as in the reality. The team that was relegated from Surrey Ellite (AFC Cubo) is set to wrong league, too. I play this update in version 2.0, maybe later versions have this bug adjusted?

22 hours ago, Areolys said:

Love this DB.

I'm not getting any interview offers, only time I do is when I apply for jobs.

On 12/3/2016 at 10:27, phnompenhandy said:

Update: I was right in my assumption. Once the improved training facilities came on line, immediately CAs started moving again, a few making rapid and huge leaps as if they'd been held back for months (which they had). I'll try to monitor this but it will be difficult. I'm speculating that an upgrade in training of 1 point (out of 20) will enable an improvement in CA of up to 10 points (other factors such as coaching and hidden atts being optimum), so by a simplistic mathematical calculation, you'd need 20/20 facilities to eke 190-200 PA out of a player. The sounds both quite reasonable and rightly improbable to actually happen.

From my club's perspective, it took 3 years to make the money to upgrade by one point. I will keep asking the board to improve training facilities as often as they'll allow, bearing in mind that I'll be asking them to upgrade youth facilities and junior coaching too, so let's see how often we hit another glass ceiling and just how much I can improve these kids.

What team are you?

3 hours ago, Bors_25 said:

Hello! I have finished first season as Farnborough North End in Surrey County Intermediate League (Western) Premier (12 level). I have noticed that promotions and relegations are not correct. The team which won my league (Knaphill Atletic) was promoted to Kent County Football League. I think it should be Surrey Elite Intermediate Football League as in the reality. The team that was relegated from Surrey Ellite (AFC Cubo) is set to wrong league, too. I play this update in version 2.0, maybe later versions have this bug adjusted?

Sometimes it depends on geographic locations, because there aren't many leagues that low down they will go to the best one available

24 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Sometimes it depends on geographic locations, because there aren't many leagues that low down they will go to the best one available

Can you tell me - in later versions (5.0, 6.0) the problem remains the same? I am thinking about re-starting a new career if the bug is fixed..

P.S. Is there any chance to fix the reputation bug for newly promotted teams?

By the way - your update is fantastic, thanks for your job:)

1 hour ago, stephen176207 said:

is the lower league level for FM17 coming out. or can i transfer somehow the fm16 lower league to fm17. Thanks

The poster above you has made a lower league file. This is the thread for it. go to page 1 and download it. It's an updated and bigger version of his FM16 one.

I am trying to use the  22 levels database for england. As I am trying to fill it up with players I went to custom database and was trying to click on every single league of the box.

Then I read that there is a Level 11, Level 12... and on and on does that mean that I don't have to pick every single one of them just the levels?

How does that work?

I am trying to use the  22 levels database for england. As I am trying to fill it up with players I went to custom database and was trying to click on every single league of the box.

Then I read that there is a Level 11, Level 12... and on and on does that mean that I don't have to pick every single one of them just the levels?

How does that work?

47 minutes ago, QSF25 said:

How does that work?

Do you mean you want to put players in specific clubs' squads? Then you need to go to the specific divisions, to all teams in that division and go through each team one by one.

If you just click on Level 11, Level 12 etc there's nothing in the subsequent menu - it's a long and laborious job, I'm afraid.

Are you asking about the pre-game editor to use to put players in the teams, or do you mean when you start the game and choose 'add players to teams'?

If you mean the latter, no - in the drop down menu for the league to load up, you just click the lowest league you want (e.g. Level 22) and all the levels down to that one will be loaded.

Archived