[WIP] E22 - England to Level 22

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@danbhtfc I have been heavily editing your db over the weekend, specifically the Essex Senior League and League cups. Would you like me to share this with you?

- added BBC Essex Senior Cup

- removed Saturday Premier Cup (teams were not correct and this is for lower levels)

- Tweaked start and finish dates of the league and added extra (real life) match days

- added competition histories (as much as I could find) for the league and all Essex cups

- added geographical draw for all qualifying rounds of fa cup

- aside from key player, all players contracts for clubs in level 7-9 non contracts as standard

- updated attendances for Essex senior clubs to reflect this season

-corrected venue for playoff games for all level 7 & 8

i think that's everything

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 08:19, Coxbox said:

My local team play in the  STROUD & DISTRICT FOOTBALL LEAGUE Division 1, this is their ground. I would be good to add this style of ground to the game.

pitchimage2.jpg

It would also be nice to add more detail with http://www.fsif.co.uk, if you ask to expand the stadium  and you cannot afford it  then the board will use the Football Stadia Improvement Fund

The easiest way just to have a standless ground is under stadium change the files under 0-10,000 crowd from a,b,c d, e to f,g,h,i, j. You will still get the ad boards but more realistic field with no stands ( ad boards can be changed to grass or picket fence)

here is my home email Dan shroedingersbird@hotmail.com  if you want to send an address. Id be happy to send you 20quid from Oz for your efforts and a Wellington Phoenix scarf which is perfect for someone who suffers supporting teams without much money.  I can send Anglican league badges and xml file my first effort here to an email. Someone needs to put in

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 03:52, clarkehwbu said:

If you decide to, let me know, i'm sure plenty of people would be happy to put something towards your hard work!

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 03:43, clarkehwbu said:

I understand, just wanted to know as I was wondering whether to start my proper save or wait. I now know to wait and test by holidaying some more.

thanks for the effort you put in!

Do you have a donations page or something set up?

the Framlingham Town in the Eastern County League Division 1 badges -the last one

Framlington Town.png

5 hours ago, aaronpassfield said:

@danbhtfc I have been heavily editing your db over the weekend, specifically the Essex Senior League and League cups. Would you like me to share this with you?

- added BBC Essex Senior Cup

- removed Saturday Premier Cup (teams were not correct and this is for lower levels)

- Tweaked start and finish dates of the league and added extra (real life) match days

- added competition histories (as much as I could find) for the league and all Essex cups

- added geographical draw for all qualifying rounds of fa cup

- aside from key player, all players contracts for clubs in level 7-9 non contracts as standard

- updated attendances for Essex senior clubs to reflect this season

-corrected venue for playoff games for all level 7 & 8

i think that's everything

PM me, I'd be interested in what you've done

Just finished my first season, In the Essex Senior Billericay got a remarkable 100% record - no one else got close to that in the whole pyramid.

The reputation bug is a real bugger. I've spent five hours with Genie and FMRTE laboriously going through each league 'fixing' the reps of promoted and relegated sides.

Loving my save though - bottom at Christmas, finally worked out my best XI and got familiar with the tactics, then surged up the table to secure promotion. It does help when the teams above you lose their best amateur players and no one wants yours!

2 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Just finished my first season, In the Essex Senior Billericay got a remarkable 100% record - no one else got close to that in the whole pyramid.

The reputation bug is a real bugger. I've spent five hours with Genie and FMRTE laboriously going through each league 'fixing' the reps of promoted and relegated sides.

Loving my save though - bottom at Christmas, finally worked out my best XI and got familiar with the tactics, then surged up the table to secure promotion. It does help when the teams above you lose their best amateur players and no one wants yours!

Where can you get FMRTE from?

16 minutes ago, clarkehwbu said:

Where can you get FMRTE from?

This is not the place to talk about third party editors. I guess you did heard about google? It will deliver what you are looking for.

43 minutes ago, Matt Cox said:

So your basically saying that I will eventually struggle with Rep of my level 13 team once I start taking them up a couple divisions?

Whats the best way to change this?

Yes, be ready to face some odd things over the seasons, I've got the In-game editor so I can somehow adjust the most blatant problems, but generally speaking more active levels down the pyramid means more oddities

48 minutes ago, Matt Cox said:

So your basically saying that I will eventually struggle with Rep of my level 13 team once I start taking them up a couple divisions?

Whats the best way to change this?

The opposite, too easy. Teams that are relegated AND promoted get a huge rep boost. On the day my L12 side got promoted my rep (that was 2 at the start of the season) leapt from 13 to 263. I've used the editor to bring it down to 50, and fixed the other prom/rel sides to be within the range of the new division. If you don't use an editor your promoted side will out-compete all but the sides that join you after being relegated.

Without the use of an in-game editor the best way to compensate is to set yourself tough challenges, like only bringing players from a 50 mile radius of your ground, or none over the age of 16 of stuff like that. I have a policy of only nurturing my academy kids and not buying players.

7 minutes ago, jam jameson said:

Yes, be ready to face some odd things over the seasons, I've got the In-game editor so I can somehow adjust the most blatant problems, but generally speaking more active levels down the pyramid means more oddities

The reason for this is that there is not much difference in reputation when you go that deep in a pyramid league system. Plus, the game gives newly promoted teams a boost in reputation. If you don't want  strange behaviour after the second season, you need to address that. Holiday the game for a season and check the reputation of new promoted clubs at your active levels. If it's a lot higher than the general reputation you need to change that in the pre-game editor, by increasing the reputation of the lowest divisions clubs - but then you need to adjust it for all divisions. It's not that easy to find the right balance. The second part that could causes issues are the financials. 

There are 500 clubs in this db with a reputation below 1000. Dan did already a good job in setting the reputations for those clubs, but the general problem is that you will have clubs with 250 rep in one division and others with 200 a division below. If the game boosts the rep of the promoted clubs with 100 or more, they will become dominant and could fly through the leagues.

12 minutes ago, KUBI said:

The reason for this is that there is not much difference in reputation when you go that deep in a pyramid league system. Plus, the game gives newly promoted teams a boost in reputation. If you don't want  strange behaviour after the second season, you need to address that. Holiday the game for a season and check the reputation of new promoted clubs at your active levels. If it's a lot higher than the general reputation you need to change that in the pre-game editor, by increasing the reputation of the lowest divisions clubs - but then you need to adjust it for all divisions. It's not that easy to find the right balance. The second part that could causes issues are the financials. 

Are you saying it's more down to the settings within the editor? because people seem to be stating it is a bug. Has anybody reported it in the bug forums?

There is some evidence and stats needed, when you want to report it as a bug. What they need to know is how the game does increase reputation when a team got promoted - and this for all playable divisions. The same for the opposite - when teams got relegated.If the promotion boost is to high for all lower levels, it could be possibly adjusted. 

9 minutes ago, Scatterbrook said:

Are you saying it's more down to the settings within the editor? because people seem to be stating it is a bug. Has anybody reported it in the bug forums?

I don't think it's a bug, the game itself is not designed (and honestly cannot be) to run properly down level 22 of the pyramid...it's a side effect that you can only amend manually over the seasons

17 minutes ago, KUBI said:

There is some evidence and stats needed, when you want to report it as a bug. What they need to know is how the game does increase reputation when a team got promoted - and this for all playable divisions. The same for the opposite - when teams got relegated.If the promotion boost is to high for all lower levels, it could be possibly adjusted. 

It's not universal but it is fairly consistent that clubs that get promoted AND relegated get a boost of about 200-250 rep.

It generally sorts itself out around Level 8 and higher, presumably when SI-researched clubs begin to dominate the divisions.

Personally I wouldn't refer to it as a bug since SI are only responsible for leagues down to Level 6 in England, but it would be wonderful if SI could see their way to fixing the problem as lower leagues files is the only way I play!

Hi Dan hope your well mate i have downloaded your databses which are superb, currently playing with Waltham Abbey my local team in ryman north. I know it is a long shot but is it possible for you to add lower leagues and other affiliated leagues which lead to county standard. e.g. I play for Chingford Athletic in Essex Alliance which if we get promotion we join Essex Olympian , also county competitions such as Essex Cup where you may play Dagenham & redbridge etc. If i can help you on this is any way possible i wwouldnt mind as i have 6 months off work.

25 minutes ago, jam jameson said:

I don't think it's a bug, the game itself is not designed (and honestly cannot be) to run properly down level 22 of the pyramid...it's a side effect that you can only amend manually over the seasons

Was the same problem there with last years file down to level 23? I didn't buy FM2016 so I wouldn't know. If we load the file down to only level 10 would the problem still be as severe?

Just now, tommyboy1577 said:

LOL, all jokes a side mate im having physiopheraphy and that as i have broken my back playing football, so FM17 all day everyday, blessing in disguise

Sorry to hear that! Although I think I agree that it's a blessing in disguise, i've been spending most my free time on Modern Warfare Remastered whilst waiting for the full release of this file so I can play as the team i'm waiting for!

1 minute ago, clarkehwbu said:

Sorry to hear that! Although I think I agree that it's a blessing in disguise, i've been spending most my free time on Modern Warfare Remastered whilst waiting for the full release of this file so I can play as the team i'm waiting for!

what team u waiting for which league and that

3 minutes ago, tommyboy1577 said:

what team u waiting for which league and that

I want to start as low as possible within Leicestershire, so thinking the most local to me, Glenfield Town or something like that.

I've started one to test with Allexton in the Senior League Leicestershire, as I used to play for them

3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

It's not universal but it is fairly consistent that clubs that get promoted AND relegated get a boost of about 200-250 rep.

It generally sorts itself out around Level 8 and higher, presumably when SI-researched clubs begin to dominate the divisions.

Personally I wouldn't refer to it as a bug since SI are only responsible for leagues down to Level 6 in England, but it would be wonderful if SI could see their way to fixing the problem as lower leagues files is the only way I play!

Does reputation ever decrease?  It seems like I only hear talk of how to increase reputation, but not how to avoid losing it.  I would have thought relegation causes some sort of reputation penalty.

1 hour ago, Coxbox said:

As I mentioned before another issues is clubs in administration, they sell and rent back the youth system injecting millions  in to the club.

2FDD13F3D2559A7247D16FB9D9A540A2FF99BBFC7FDA6082B2740B5FA504EFBB1A20FCD117E4F289

That's something you should report in the bugs forum.

Really excited for this. Only thing that ruins immersion is that once you get to Level 10 or 11, all players are fake, which ruins it for me completely. If only we had people who would add real players. I would def donate a few quid for something like this. 

14 minutes ago, Preveza said:

Really excited for this. Only thing that ruins immersion is that once you get to Level 10 or 11, all players are fake, which ruins it for me completely. If only we had people who would add real players. I would def donate a few quid for something like this. 

i will give it a go if you like?

32 minutes ago, Preveza said:

I would Happily add my local teams players, if dan can add the Stroud and district leagues, i know the players, the assistant  manager is  my post man and i work with his wife :cool:.

15 minutes ago, Coxbox said:

I would Happily add my local teams players, if dan can add the Stroud and district leagues, i know the players, the assistant  manager is  my post man and i work with his wife :cool:.

would be amazing to add these leagues i can do the same with essex alliance leagues from premier down to division 3

5 minutes ago, tommyboy1577 said:

would be amazing to add these leagues i can do the same with essex alliance leagues from premier down to division 3

Luckily all the players are on their website so all I would need to do is  find their age ect, but as they are all local facebook will come in handy. I would start this now, however Dan has not released the updated database yet i don't think. 

u see the editor data yeah ive not used it in few years now and had a look otherday for first time and im struggling to use it, if he releases an updated databse i will happilly do these leagues for you because there is a few things i wanna add such as all the county cups, and try and add a few memorial trophies for teams, just to make it so realistic, however i need a little tuition on the editor data

12 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Think next year's might just be a full Level 13/14 deal seeing as there's so many problems with rep the lower you go 

Caveat emptor - let the 'buyer' beware.

The user just needs to accept that the fie will include these problems; if they don't like it, they can just go down to level 10 or whatever. Personally, I can live with the issue and use an editor to change the reps every close season. 

On 15/11/2016 at 14:40, Dan BHTFC said:

I had some requests for leagues but I can't remember what they were hahaha

I think I read someone requesting the Nottm Senior leagues, Dan, and I'll second that bud! Looking forward to playing your DB again, once you've got it complete! :)

25 minutes ago, DeathRage said:

I think I read someone requesting the Nottm Senior leagues, Dan, and I'll second that bud! Looking forward to playing your DB again, once you've got it complete! :)

It'll NEVER be 'complete' - there's always more leagues to add ha ha!  If someone is holding out for a specific league then fair enough, but otherwise the current form is already huge and fully immersible (is that the right word? or is that a submarine? you know what I mean!)

Archived