Unknowns of FM17

Welshace

In light of the upcoming release, I thought I'd start a thread for any lesser known players you are looking forward to checking out once you get your hands on the game..

Once out, this thread can be used to post those unknown gems you find :)

For me i'm looking forward to seeing how Cyle Larin looks, i hear great things about him from friends over the pond.

Gaston Pereiro from psv too...

FM is all about discovering players from distant/arcane lands, for me so at the risk of appearing a hideously obsessive trainspotter, i've got a shortlist prepared. I'll start with those I expect to have decent CA/PA. Here goes...

Europe

Filip Benkovic (Dinamo Zagreb)

Duje Caleta-Car (RB Salzburg)

Dominik Dinga (FC Ural)

Neta Lavi (Maccabi Tel Aviv)

Bauryzhan Islamkhan (Kairat)

Nemanja Mihajlovic (Partizan)

Jesper Karlsson (Falkenberg)

Vincent Thill (Metz)

Valerian Gvilia (BATE)

South America

Josué Colman (Cerro Porteno)

Yeferson Soteldo (Zamora)

Lautaro Martínez (Racing Club)

Ezequiel Barco (Independiente)

Miguel Almíron (Lanús)

Nicólas Giménez (Nuevo Chicago)

Particularly hopeful that Soteldo will be rated well; he's a diminutive Venezuelan playmaker/inside forward with exceptional dribbling ability. Of course, there are players on the books of bigger clubs I expect big things from, most notably Enes Unal, Rolando Mandragora, Leandro Paredes, Giorgi Arabidze, Viktor Tsygankov, Oleksandar Zinchenko, Diogo Jota, Laszlo Benes and Issa Diop.

...And then there are those even more obscure players who've shown promise in smaller leagues/are on the verge of breaking through in middling leagues who may be decent in FM17. Some i'll be checking are:

Europe

Roberts Uldrikis (FS Meta)

Erhan Masovic (Cukaricki)

Strahinja Bosnjak & Dusan Vlahovic (Partizan)

Carlo Casap (Viitorul)

Rauno Sappinen (Flora)

Elif Elmas (Rabotnicki, pre-agreement with Heerenveen)

Dennis Man (Steaua)

South America

Carlos Cermeno (Tachira)

Yangel Herrera (Atlético Venezuela)

Juan Camilo Hernández (Deportivo Pereira)

Bruno Miranda (Universidad de Chile)

Rest of the World

Dostonbek Khamdamov (Bunyodkor)

Another few who should probably have made the first post are Mexicans Chofis López and Alexis Vega, as well as Scandinavian teenagers Alexander Ishak and Sander Berge.

Kieran Tierney (Celtic) 

Despite being just 19 years old, he is Celtics first choice left back and has over 30 apps.

Witnessed his Scotland debut vs Denmark, while only lasting 45 minutes due to fitness he was probably the best player during those 45 minutes  

Also worth noting, when Barcelona destroyed Celtic recently, they clearly targeted the right back rather than young Tierney. Which I think can only be further evidence of Scotland maybe finally once again having a player with the potential to be up there with the best.

p.s I would of mentioned Oliver Burke but I'm sure everyone knows him now.

Hey,

I watch a lot of footy and watching the mls on tv I think Alfonso Davies from Vancouver whitecaps could be one to keep an eye on he's only 15 and already made a few appearances for the first team this season. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be another Adu who was gonna be the next big superstar when he played for DC Utd at 14 but now 10/11years later he's turned out to be a journeyman having had a lot of clubs.

Jack Harrison at NYC FC in the MLS, young English lad who was apparently in Man Utd's youth system until he moved to America aged 14, he's 19 now and has broken into their squad after being drafted and seems to be impressing.

48 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Jack Harrison at NYC FC in the MLS, young English lad who was apparently in Man Utd's youth system until he moved to America aged 14, he's 19 now and has broken into their squad after being drafted and seems to be impressing.

Oh, have to admit, never heard of the lad.. will keep an eye out for him in fm17

yeah, that was my first thought but since he's broken into the first team squad already they might put him in the game, if not at the start maybe a few patches on, I forgot about jack Harrison yeah he's a talented winger and should do well in the future

1 minute ago, Welshace said:

And that was an exception...

Child working laws etc mean under 16's are almost unheard of .. barring a few exceptions like Odegaard who got into the game due to his father agreeing to it etc. 

Agreed, For other exceptions, we have Editor )

Another one to watch is 18 year-old Lokomotiva midfielder Lovro Majer. A left-footed playmaker, he's been the revelation of the Croatian season with 7 assists and 1 (very nice) goal from 8 appearances. Looks a real talent but there's the worry that he's emerged too late to be rated in FM. There's always the winter data update, though eh?

Milot Rashica. Tricky Kosovar attacker, plying his trade for Vitesse in the Eredivisie.

Manuel Locatelli. Well regarded Italian midfielder at Milan, hovering around the first-team squad. Scored a cracker in their last game vs Sassuolo, a 4-3 thriller.

Arsenal. And generally, Arsenal's legion of young talent, such as Jeff Reine-Adelaide and Vlad Dragomir. Though Prem talents have been in represented in underwhelming fashion in previous iterations of FM.

1 hour ago, Balotelli said:

Slightly off topic, but does anybody know the exact date of the beta being available? Just got back off holiday last night and got the rest of the week off so hoping this week sometime. Cheers

Nobody knows mate - will be released when they think its ready (pretty much what Miles says to everyone on Twitter)

Although I suspect sometime this week.....

Unlikely to be a cheap pick up, and not an obscure Slovenian from Domzale's under-19s, but I'm looking forward to seeing how Reiss Nelson is rated.

Very highly-rated at Arsenal. A regular at under-21 level last season, despite being only 15, and a standout in Europe. Excellent technically, makes things look very easy. Also, it'll be interesting to see Alex Iwobi; again, hardly unknown. Doesn't get the plaudits or attention he deserves from media, so I hope that doesn't translate into FM.

On 27/9/2016 at 09:33, Swillo said:

Emre Mor? Yeah looking forward to seeing him, should develop into a good player.

Emre Mor is Danish. 

But chose to play for Turkey because of his parents, and childish disagreements with the Danish Football Association (Dansk Boldspil-Union).

His mental attributes should not be the best in FM 2017 - if they want to reflect what is going on irl. Just look at his recent red card, where he let's himself get easily provocated.

But despite of his mental instability on a football pitch, he has some skills which can make him a good player in the future.

1 hour ago, IsthmianCorinthian14 said:

Emre Mor is Danish. 

But chose to play for Turkey because of his parents, and childish disagreements with the Danish Football Association (Dansk Boldspil-Union).

Yeah but assumed GeordieBoy meant Mor as he put a ? by Norway and considering Dortmund havent signed any Norwegians, I assumed Mor. His recent red card was crazy, no need for it at all. Should still be a top prospect.

Not an unknown but Juan Fernando Quintero is returning to Colombia to join Independiente Medellín in January, following a largely unhappy spell in Europe. Been rated highly in FM for a while now and could well be one to watch for those after a cheap-ish, highly technical playmaker for the start of the 2017/18 season.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Leyton Orient youth players are like. I've heard really good things about Sam Dalby from the club so hoping he'll get given a decent potential rating as a young player and then the players that broke into the first team this season, like Sandro Semedo, who were probably given lower stats that he deserves last year. 

4 hours ago, Orient1996 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Leyton Orient youth players are like. I've heard really good things about Sam Dalby from the club so hoping he'll get given a decent potential rating as a young player and then the players that broke into the first team this season, like Sandro Semedo, who were probably given lower stats that he deserves last year. 

You guys picked up Zan Benedicic if i remember right...  he definitely has the talent.. didn't quite get to show it at my side Leeds though.

Archived