My Young Wonderkid Personality Dropped...

Hello, I noticed that my 17 years old player's personality dropped to fairly professional from model professional. Let me say this first, I am not tutoring this player because he already had insane personality and character and I did not see a random event on the news. Also, as I remember only determination and ambition could change from these events. His determination is same but professionalism is dropped around 5 points. Do you know why this happened to me? I had really good plans with this player and these things really annoys me and I can't do anything about it.

ps: I also didn't punish him in any way possible, and when he wanted to talk with Real madrid I said that he would not get much time there because I always click that option since it looks the best way to solve the issue. Does this have any bad affect on players?

As I don't know my players' hidden attributes I can't say if any changed but I had a random news event about one of my youth players saying basically his personality had deteriorated because of something. Was a few seasons ago now so I can't remember the exact mail I got but his determination went down by 5.

What's the average squad personality? Could be that their personality rubbed off on him.

Its professional. I don't think there is a such thing exists but even if that was the case it would dropped to professional not fairly professional, don't you think?

Its professional. I don't think there is a such thing exists but even if that was the case it would dropped to professional not fairly professional, don't you think?

It'll depend on his hidden attributes and determination, all of which make up a personality. I did say that it's possible that the personality rubbed off, not that it happened definitely. You should have had confirmation in a coach report about the player too, I think.

It'll depend on his hidden attributes and determination, all of which make up a personality. I did say that it's possible that the personality rubbed off, not that it happened definitely. You should have had confirmation in a coach report about the player too, I think.

His determination is not low its 12. Also he is level headed too so I think his hidden attributes are really good. Is there a way that I can get that report if that ever happened. I do not see anything in news and you know its I can only see around a week report in news.

The determination could be why he is listed as having a fairly professional personality. Have a look in the Personality and Media Handling Guide. The thread is on the 1st page.

Its not the reason model professional has nothing to do with determination. It means that player has 20 professionalism and around 10-20 temperament. Even if it was his determination never dropped... Therefore, as I said from my first message his professionalism stat dropped around 5 points for no reason and it really really makes me sad and angry.

Its not the reason model professional has nothing to do with determination. It means that player has 20 professionalism and around 10-20 temperament. Even if it was his determination never dropped... Therefore, as I said from my first message his professionalism stat dropped around 5 points for no reason and it really really makes me sad and angry.

But that is right? As soon as your youngster doesn't have 20 for Professionalism, he'll be described as something else.

IMO, a 17 year old should never have a 'model professional' status anyway, regardless of who he is. I can't see how you can possibly be a model professional at that age. You're still learning your trade after all. A 'model professional' should be someone older who's been in a game a good few years.

On another note, I don't think I've ever looked at any of my players' statuses regarding this. What tangible difference will it make if someone is 'fairly professional' as opposed to 'model professional'?

On FM 16 a player needs to be 23 years or older to be a Model Pro. So this makes me think that Moonguard is playing FM 15. I've had similar things happen there as well. Two of my players and one at another club, who I had shortlisted, dropped in both professionalism and ambition without any game message.

I created this topic to find a way to fix my player or at least see this bad event but it looks like I should be the one who answers your questions since I am a very experienced player. Yes he will be described as something else and thats natural.

And no you can be a model professional at age 17. There are so many good examples of that in every field of our lives. I would understand you maybe a bit if you said model citizen because that includes Pro 18-20, Det 18-20, Pre 18-20, Amb 18-20, Loy 18-20, Spo 18-20, Tem 18-20 as well but I would still not agree. I also have to mention that I have never seen young model citizen in entire FM history anyway but I would always like a surprise and see one. I think its always better to have this insanely unique events in the game.

About your last question higher professionalism means that your player tend to develop quickly, have a better attitude, less likely to complain or unhappy about training workload and also retain attributes for longer when he gets old.

On FM 16 a player needs to be 23 years or older to be a Model Pro. So this makes me think that Moonguard is playing FM 15. I've had similar things happen there as well. Two of my players and one at another club, who I had shortlisted, dropped in both professionalism and ambition without any game message.

Yes I am currently playing FM 2015 and I think this happened to my another my player before as well and I did not get a message too. His name is Regilio De jong and I had to load my old games to fix this issue. However, I do not have that option now. Soo there is also that...

Yes I am currently playing FM 2015 and I think this happened to my another my player before as well and I did not get a message too. His name is Regilio De jong and I had to load my old games to fix this issue. However, I do not have that option now. Soo there is also that...

Ah, didn't know this is for FM15. Then it wouldn't be the squad personality rubbing off on him. It could have been a fairly rare off field event, but you would have had a news item saying this, if it was the case.

IMO, a 17 year old should never have a 'model professional' status anyway, regardless of who he is. I can't see how you can possibly be a model professional at that age. You're still learning your trade after all. A 'model professional' should be someone older who's been in a game a good few years.

On another note, I don't think I've ever looked at any of my players' statuses regarding this. What tangible difference will it make if someone is 'fairly professional' as opposed to 'model professional'?

If you aren't looking at the personality of a player then you are missing a significant part of squad building.

Arguably the personality of the player (indicating hidden attributes) is just as important as any of the viewable attributes.

If you aren't looking at the personality of a player then you are missing a significant part of squad building.

Arguably the personality of the player (indicating hidden attributes) is just as important as any of the viewable attributes.

I've never had any issues up until now, and I've never bothered with personalities and hidden attributes. In fact, I don't pay THAT much attention to viewable attributes either (within reason). Scout/coach reports, role suitability, and how a player fits into my team and tactic are always my primary concerns when signing a player and building a squad. Along with effective man-management.

Just as we were speaking of it, it happened to one of my younger players on FM 16. Saw he'd gone from Professional to Fairly Determined, and the in-game editor reveals that he's lost 5 in both professionalism and ambition. There was no news item for it, but on the training page it says "The Coach fears that The Player may have become somewhat complacent after all the recent successes". It happened after I won the league. It sucks that it happened, but it's good that it can happen.

• 2 weeks later...
So - a 17 year old kid had an unforeseen and illogical change of personality? How unrealistic!

As a result of an off-field incident. It's also quite rare. What makes you think it's unrealistic?

• 4 years later...

I also recently got the message that my prized young 19yo up-and-coming winger was complacent after recent successes. I'm wondering if anyone found a way to manage their way out of it? I switched him to a more professional mentoring group, but it a more defense oriented group, i.e. outside of his position. I want to criticize him, but his training ratings have been decent, and he did improve quite a bit last season, so I don't think he'd react well to criticism. Maybe I should ride him hard if he performs poorly in a match?

iirc there was (still is?) a rare event in game of "too much too soon", ie., a young player may (rarely) get negative personality traits after being exposed to lots of first team action early in his career, perhaps coupled with being given a stonking new contract.  So it all goes to his head, starts thinking he's the best thing since sliced bread and his attitude suffers accordingly.

Mentoring ftw :thup:.