FM16 : Liverpool FC - Ran out of Klopp puns

cezar.sl

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone managed to get Pogba? Joe Allen is a about to leave as he spat the dummy about playing time and demanded to leave, also Hendo may be about to follow him as I rejected a bid from Bayern for him and he got all pissy about it. So if they go I'll have no cover at all in that position, Allen is currently in talks with Southampton over a

20m move, but nobody has met my asking price for Hendo yet...

I can get Pogba but they want 130m for him. I have it in the budget even before the Allen and Hendo sales, but it would wipe out all my budget and finances.

I'm having a hard time trying to justify that price for a player, but then I think, if you want the best you have to pay in todays modern football..

Any thoughts?

Got him in 17/18 for £96M + Skrtel, he hasn't disappointed me unlike Gotze.

Season's done... we've won a treble with Prem, CL and the mighty League Cup. 51 goals in all competitions for Daniel, including two in the Champions League final against Man City.

SA2Hn6u.jpg

However, now I got this:

nj7Y6PN.jpg

Gave him two new contracts over the course of this season but it always included a non-negotiable release clause. Now he wants £325,000 a week. Not gonna give him that. I'll surely find a replacement, but the only thing that worries me is that he's going to City. Curious to see how much a week he'll make there.

EDIT: Deal is done. Well, he IS making £325k at City. More than twice what Sterling makes...

I'm using a fairly regular 4-3-3 for most games. No custom individual instructions. Only a few tougher games I will use defend or counter strategy.

uiC6tRP.jpg

I find team talks, keeping morale up and selecting the best & fittest players is probably more influential than specific tactics.

(Yes, Xabi is back :) )

I'm using this tactic to great affect in the Premier League, I'm currently 2nd just before the madness of the Xmas fixtures. I cant seem to get the tactic to work in Europe though, I'm struggling to beat teams at home that I should easily win against and away from home I'm just being killed, losing by 2 to 3 goals each game.

Despite my success in the league I'm struggling to get Coutinho to perform, he is at present being outshone by Ibe. Any advice or help would be greatly received.

For all of you who have signed Embolo, how do you use him? I'm not sure if I should play him as a complete forward or winger (AMF R)

For me atm hes backup/rotation for both positions as i cant decide which position i want him to focus on :)

This game can be really frustrating.

Trying to refine my tactics, but a lot of the tactical options are so very vague and dont tell you what the options actually change. Im the kind of guy who likes to learn game mechanics, and get the best out of them, so things like vague info really annoy me. For example, some people say the exploit wings instruction increases runs from wide players and focuses passing down them, some say its only focus passing and some say it also lowers forward runs through the middle. Retain possession.......does it only lower passing range or does it do other things? I want this info in game. So damn annoying.

Fifth season was better than previous 4 combined.

League performance was great, scored the most and conceded the least. Icardi with a record 37 goals.

30Je69Al.jpg

Lost third FA cup final in 5 years.

G9hAO8Vl.jpg

Finally got through the first KO round in the CL and won it

PywJEfnl.jpg

Icardi top scorer here as well despite all the rotation and his injury.

Going to sell Sakho and Sturridge, probably Henderson too. Only Clyne, Markovic and Coutinho will be left from the original team.

Gave him two new contracts over the course of this season but it always included a non-negotiable release clause. Now he wants £325,000 a week. Not gonna give him that. I'll surely find a replacement, but the only thing that worries me is that he's going to City. Curious to see how much a week he'll make there.

EDIT: Deal is done. Well, he IS making £325k at City. More than twice what Sterling makes...

I usually Sell Can as well..

But for over 70mil pound.

interesting Jan transfer window for me....

A lot of players wanting to leave and forcing through moves. Too many players moved to other prem league clubs for my liking, but they were the ones with the cash...

Sakho - Bayern 50m

Henderson - Arsenal 48m

Allen - saints 20m

Benteke - Bayern 30m

Jerrerson - Sao Paulo 4m

any one finding players getting upset at lack of playing time a lot, just had one complain of lack of 1st team action, we are only in Jan and he has played 24 times FFS - I wouldn't call that lack of action!!!

I usually Sell Can as well..

But for over 70mil pound.

His agent always put a non-negotiable release clause in his contract. I re-signed it twice to increase the amount, but last time he wanted this massive wage rise, so I couldn't do anything but let him go for that price...

I have managed to find my save- it was for some reason, in another folder? Okay then. Back into December but it's okay, I flew through those games with not much being different and I got the same draws in the cups.

I bought Aleksander Dragovic in the winter deadline day because I need a top class fourth centre back.

I also have developed a new tactic which is doing incredibly well in my other save so I've brought it over to this one.

Anybody found someone to sell Benteke to? I've tried for half the season to fit him into my team, but every time he plays he's absolute pants. My striker is normally setup as a False 9 and Benteke *sucks* at it. Firmino is my main man, flanked by Coutinho AML (AP-S) and Sturridge AMR (IF-A).

I've also got Ings who is a solid option and Barbosa. Struridge can obviously play up forward also and Barbosa and Ibe are both good at the IF role. Been decimated by injuries in central midfield, but am still undefeated (20 games into season 1, save #2, save #1 I abandoned once I'd learned about the match engine). Just got Casemiro in to help with that (Jan window, used the leftover funds from selling Lallana) currently have Allen, Tielemans and Can injured. Henderson just back from injury (played one game), Lucas currently banned (red card for murder 1).

So far happy with the season. My highlight of the season is the recent away win vs Arsenal (whom are I think 2nd). Lucas sent off after 20 mins with the scores at 0-0. Won the game 1-0 thanks to a Danny Ings goal in the second half. Have been keeping it tidy at the back, have conceded 4 goals so far, 2 of them to City in a 2-2 draw and the others in 4-1 and 3-1 wins.

259khzd.png

Good to be back in the Champions League.

9ifvio.png

Really recommend Icardi. Beast of a player! And try to sign John Stones. I know he won't be cheap, but he is worth and penny and is english.

hi, pls do you upload your tactic used in liverpool carrer ? ;d

sorry for my English ;)

i found benteke to be quite good, first season 20 goals, just into January and he has 6 goals in 12.... not bad at all.. but i just dont play him enough.

I think he finished season one with around 20 goals total for me, not bad, but I was able to get Icardi for around 48 million pounds, so I sold Bentenke to Lazio for 16 million. Anyone sell Firmino yet? I'm in season two, and Origi is performing very well in the AML spot as an IF (s). He scores much more than Firmino and is much better at tracking back. I also have use Ibe, Pavon, and Coutinho in that role so I'm thinking after season two Firmino will be sold.

Finished the 2nd season. Very pleased with winning the title again. Were top of the leaue almost the hole season, but with heavy competition from Tottenham. But in the end we comfortable won with 9 points. A bit disappointed with the results in the other competition. Were knocked out in 5th round of FA Cup at Emirates, quarter final i Champions League after penalties against Bayern Munich and semifinal in Capital One Cup by Chelsea.

Won both Charity Shield and Europe Super Cup.

ruzm2c.png

I think he finished season one with around 20 goals total for me, not bad, but I was able to get Icardi for around 48 million pounds, so I sold Bentenke to Lazio for 16 million. Anyone sell Firmino yet? I'm in season two, and Origi is performing very well in the AML spot as an IF (s). He scores much more than Firmino and is much better at tracking back. I also have use Ibe, Pavon, and Coutinho in that role so I'm thinking after season two Firmino will be sold.

Missed out on Icardi BUT Sturridge and Barbosa just out score Benteke on all fronts, so did Ings... couple that with nice back up for of Sinclair and signing Ibra for 6mil and Klose for free Benteke doesnt have much of a chance getting in our team.

I play firminho as CAM and Coutinho as IFL (S) and they are both immense for me.

Youth intake time! And although I wasn't expecting much out of it in my first season, I ended up with this in the news feed;

f9ff51a902859b8793475ec0fc06e716.png

Possibly one of the best players of his generation, huh. Alright then, let's see how good he is..

40f129b8008d96f521de499f0d088fb4.png

..Well damn, okay then.

Sabine.. Whats crazy is that my player deemed one of the best is also an attacking midfielder...

I also have the player Ben Wagstaff...hes from Potten but Potten is the surname of the attacking midfielder whos deemed to be one of the best.

hmm do you think the first intakes are somewhat pre determined?

Not long until i get my second intake!!!

I also have the player Ben Wagstaff...hes from Potten but Potten is the surname of the attacking midfielder whos deemed to be one of the best.

Hahaha I had a 4.5 star potential gk in my 1st youth intake named Ben Wagstaff. I play really slow so I just recently got my 2nd intake (my 1st was pretty good, but 2nd was terrible),but my I have Timo Horn and Rulli and he has a higher potential than both of them...he must be pretty good!!!!

Missed out on Icardi BUT Sturridge and Barbosa just out score Benteke on all fronts, so did Ings... couple that with nice back up for of Sinclair and signing Ibra for 6mil and Klose for free Benteke doesnt have much of a chance getting in our team.

I play firminho as CAM and Coutinho as IFL (S) and they are both immense for me.

Are you playing 4-2-3-1?

I've been on my usual Liverpool save for a few weeks now. First season was a moderate success - 3rd in the league and a Europa League win. Season 2 has started well-ish. Unbeaten in the league, but only 3 wins from my 7 games. Lost the Super Cup to Porto in extra time. Leeds beat us 2-0 in the COC. Beaten Young Boys away and Juventus at home to take control of the CL group.

The squad:

Jefferson (£3m)

Predrag Rajkovic (£3.5m)

Clyne

Flanagan

Moreno

Ludwig Augustinsson (£3m)

Skrtel

Sakho

Gomez

Wisdom

Ashley Williams (£6m)

Henderson

Can

Andre Ayew (£10m + Benteke)

Lucas Romero (£4m)

Allen

Lucas

Milner

Jan Kirchhoff (£1m)

Coutinho

Firmino

Odegaard (£8.25m)

Andrija Zivkovic (£2.5m)

Ibe

Origi

Sturridge

Sinclair

Jonathan Calleri (£4m)

u21s with minimum 3.5* potential -

Thiago Maia (£6m - on loan at Lyon for the season. Will replace Lucas)

Bobby Adekanye

Yan Dhanda

Brooks Lennon

Herbie Kane

Ryan Kent

Jordan Rossiter

Danie Trickett-Smith

Sheyi Ojo

Brad Smith got a fair amount of playing in my first season also, but my coaches don't rate him. His one appearance this season was in the defeat to Leeds and he was terrible.

I followed advice on here and got £40m for Lallana from Arsenal, Lovren went to Bayern for £14.5m, Bogdan went to Fiorentina for £3m, Jose Enrique to Watford for £2.5m.

Season 2, Markovic left for £26.5m, Balo for £21m, Migs and Ings for £8m each.

Over the two seasons, my total outgoings on transfers was about £60m, incoming was £145m.

However, I've just *****ed that wad on Dybala for £91m, coming in January. Very excited.

Results 1

bdSGDg9.jpg

League table when things were going well :p

oOxroVq.jpg

Results 2

wHAnKSD.jpg

Final league table

yalyMHG.jpg

Ins & Outs I'm the Arsene Wenger of FM lol, i genuinly thought i could challenge on all fronts with what i had without buy or paying for over priced players and also i got bid for Mignolet but managed to get a final offer for 30m for him and i was gonna buy Rulli but i went to compare the two players and there was not much of a difference so i gave Mignolet a new contact on cheaper wages instead paying Rulli god knows what on wages.

n8lI51h.jpg

Note worthy mention:

I made it to the semi final of the Champions League beat Juventus 3-1 at Turin lo and behold a 2-4 loss at Anfield and my Champions League dream shattered OMG at least they went on to win it i guess.

Sabine.. Whats crazy is that my player deemed one of the best is also an attacking midfielder...

Not long until i get my second intake!!!

That is absolutely crazy! Hahaha. I wonder if they are predetermined, or the names are, but just randomised in some crazy order. Maybe it's something to do with the game scouts from that area and their names?

Turns out that another prospect; Lee Wood could become pretty decent as well.

February in season 2 and I have finally developed a tactic I'm happy with. Ten points clear in the league and into the first knockout round of the Champions League, playing some pretty good possession football and although I'm not going mad with the goals scored I'm very tight at the back.

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages-2_zpswlmehjrp.png

Have my first XI for big games

Tactics_%20%20Overview-4_zpso7p7jnim.png

and a second XI for the easier domestic games. Pleased that I finally found a position that Firmino works in for me.

Tactics_%20%20Overview-3_zpsvqc9k7o0.png

Most games however are a mixture of the first and second XIs. My big signing Dybala struggles to get regular game time when Sturridge is fit though.

A little update on Seyoum Ferriera (not half Portuguese by the way, but half Bermudan!) and it looks like I've gotten the real deal here;

01f917aa30ca13c0a2a7623912c48c23.png

I'm retraining him as a false 9 because I don't play with AMCs and his defensive stats don't look all too good nor will improve that much. He has decent finishing, great passing and first touch.

Rossiter has vastly improved in the past six months, probably because he has played a whopping 20 games for the club. He's being trained by Hendo now and has a professional personality. Could be a future vice captain if he keeps his growth up.

c99088d1c5d811cb7db866d7dcac0a69.png

edit: I gave Ferriera a starting run out against United and he did fairly well. Shame he didn't get a goal but I was playing him as a shadow striker in the AMC spot. Again though, these possession stats are an absolute thing of beauty.

So I've finally finished my first season with Liverpool.

Here's how the league table finished:

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages_zpso2mli4fj.png

As you can see, I beat United on goal difference but it could have been so different had I not drawn a whopping 16 games (quite a few of those were leads that I let slip) & I clinched the title on the last day of the season.

Player wise, Coutinho won POTY and Origi who mainly played as an Inside Forward on the right won Players' POTY:

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-3_zpsul4qzjxi.png

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-2_zpspzky7yiw.png

Heading into my second season and there's a lot of deadwood to be sold that I'm having difficulty selling which is frustrating.

Well, after leading the Premiership for the majority of it, Man City nicked it from me on the last game of the season! Finished a very respectable 2nd, won nothing but happy with Champions League for my 2nd season.

Iv promoted Daniel Ward GK (3rd choice), Andre Wisdom (good loan season), Brad Smith (backup LB), Jordan Rossiter (played well in the games he played last season), Sheyi Ojo (like the look of him, impressive stats).

I bought Timo Horn (GK), Alvaro Arbeloa (RB, yes he is back from Madrid) and Quincy Promes (RW) in January first season, Horn will be my keeper for the future, Arbeloa for backup and competition with Clyne and Promes for his potential and pace.

I sold a few players in Jan, Flanagan, Enrique and a few players from my U21's that weren't going to ever make it.

Currently in July, looking to sell Bogdan, Lovren, Lallana, Milner, Firmino, Benteke and Balotelli. Anyone have any history of selling them and fees they received? Benteke did well last season but wont fit into the system this year.

I have brought in Callum Wilson from Bournemouth and Calum Chambers from Arsenal.

Now looking for a LB (backup/competition for Moreno), a DM and a LAM (preferably an inside forward).

Any recommendations?

Well, after leading the Premiership for the majority of it, Man City nicked it from me on the last game of the season! Finished a very respectable 2nd, won nothing but happy with Champions League for my 2nd season.

Iv promoted Daniel Ward GK (3rd choice), Andre Wisdom (good loan season), Brad Smith (backup LB), Jordan Rossiter (played well in the games he played last season), Sheyi Ojo (like the look of him, impressive stats).

I bought Timo Horn (GK), Alvaro Arbeloa (RB, yes he is back from Madrid) and Quincy Promes (RW) in January first season, Horn will be my keeper for the future, Arbeloa for backup and competition with Clyne and Promes for his potential and pace.

I sold a few players in Jan, Flanagan, Enrique and a few players from my U21's that weren't going to ever make it.

Currently in July, looking to sell Bogdan, Lovren, Lallana, Milner, Firmino, Benteke and Balotelli. Anyone have any history of selling them and fees they received? Benteke did well last season but wont fit into the system this year.

I have brought in Callum Wilson from Bournemouth and Calum Chambers from Arsenal.

Now looking for a LB (backup/competition for Moreno), a DM and a LAM (preferably an inside forward).

Any recommendations?

LB Ludwig Augustinsson

AML Luan

DM I'm using Allan or Rossiter as back up to Lucas.

Any recommendations?

Hi there - I have sold most of these players in my 1st season not too bad money - but it really depends what the market is like!

Bogdan - 5m stoke

Lovren - 19m PSG

Lallana - 48m arsenal

Milner - 12m spurs

Benteke - 30m Bayern

Balotelli - 36m Man city

on another note - Ajer is developing into a world class midfielder for me - at 19 now he is almost as good as Pogba (I must have lucked out on his random PA)

Just about to play my first game of the season, Man City in the Community Shield. Out went; Bogdan (Frosinone £2mil), Lovren (Milan £8mil), Milner (Sevilla £3mil), Firmino (Real Sociedad £20mil), Benteke (Napoli £20mil), Balotelli (Newcastle £10mil). Still trying to sell Lallana but not much interest, I was disappointed with a lot of the fees but happy to get wages off.

I brought in;

Callum Wilson ST (Bournemouth, £3.3mil) - Young English striker, backup that will hopefully improve.

Calum Chambers CB (Arsenal, £15mil) - Another young English prospect, will be a great player in the future.

Tom Carroll CM (Free Transfer) - Loaned Out to Sunderland, will develop well hopefully!

Thiago Maia DM (Santos, £3mil) - 19 year old DM, wonder kid.

Nathan Redmond RW (Norwich, £15mil) - Explosive winger that is still young.

Will update in December.. Still looking for a LB and maybe a Star Striker.

Can anyone enlighten me here. Is the database on the full game very different from the beta? I'm still playing a career I started in the beta, but would consider restarting if the differences are drastic?

Archived