Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure Redshift isn't saying LVG was not trying to win, I believe he means that he doesn't go on the attack to get the win but tries to get it through possession play and what have you where as Giggs would try and win in the way we used to, attacking and making the opponents stand up to 90 minutes of pressure.

Exactly, and if Giggs is ****ing awful then it will be exactly the same or worse. If the argument is "well at least if we lose it will be with style" then it's a flawed argument, bad managers make for bad teams to watch whether they play hungo ho or pack 11 men behind the ball.

De Gea, Varela, Smalling, Blind, Borthwick-Jackson, Fellaini, Schneiderlin, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Rooney

Subs:Romero, McNair, Carrick, Herrera, Januzaj, Pereira, Memphis.

Varela the only change iirc. Be interesting to see what he can do.

Looking forward to a miserable night.

You'd have to be an absolute idiot to think LvG wasn't trying to win, it's a matter of competency.

I'm sure in LvG's mind he is trying to win. In his execution and tactics he is not trying at all.

Oh well, roll on tonight. I hope we win but if we are going defensive again and allow Derby to try and steam roller us I'll just be shaking my head again.

I hate to be all 'Sid' about this but there is a real part of me wanting to see Derby win this and win it comfortably, so tired of watching the same tactics and play regardless of the opposition.

Maybe a defeat in this game would be the straw that broke the camel's back.

That was a well deserved goal by Derby. We have been poor apart from the goal. Although Derby have also been poor apart from the goal, it is expected since they are a championship team.

You're the gift that keeps on giving, none of that makes sense, it was a "well deserved" goal but Derby have been poor apart from the goal?

Don't you go changing! :)

You're the gift that keeps on giving, none of that makes sense, it was an expected goal but Derby have been poor apart from the goal?

Don't you go changing! :)

No, I mean it is expected that they are poor since they are a championship team.

Lingard is crap yet no one says anything. All they do is blame fellaini, who while isn't good he is 10 times the player Lingard will ever be.

Lingard gets a bye as he is young, we need to develop youth and we don't have a lot better to play as a winger on that side. Will he become a decent player for us? I am sceptical.

Lingard is just gonna go the way of Tom Cleverley. Over hyped at the start and never really good enough.

it is more likely than him becoming a regular starter, to me he isn't a utd player(seen him play lot for u21) but neither are several others too we have a long way to go

a player I was hoping would be a great signing who hasn't got going yet is morgan schneiderlin, cant understand it he is a quality player

Archived